• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State, Day 5

Started by bscinar, March 01, 2018, 08:32:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bscinar

Girls 1 PM
Kirby vs Mammoth

Boys 2:30
Kirby vs ICC

Girls 4 PM
Norfork vs Alpena

Boys 5:30
Bay vs Western Grove

Girls 7PM
Wonderview vs Bay

Boys 8:30
Guy Perkins vs Armorel

Lujk246

I'll take:
Kirby
Kirby
Norfork
Bay
Wonderview
Guy

BannerChaser95

PSA: Kirby has rented half of Conway's hotels, get your seats early... you've been warned

silkysober

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 01, 2018, 08:38:25 pm
PSA: Kirby has rented half of Conway's hotels, get your seats early... you've been warned
thanks. I'm guessing they have kept their fans home or is tomorrow their first game?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: silkysober on March 01, 2018, 09:50:02 pm
thanks. I'm guessing they have kept their fans home or is tomorrow their first game?
They represented during their first game.

silkysober

We were able to reserve 31 rooms. I'm guessing Kirby reserved half of Motel 6?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: silkysober on March 01, 2018, 10:48:35 pm
We were able to reserve 31 rooms. I'm guessing Kirby reserved half of Motel 6?

I've been to Kirby....there can't be THAT many actually from that little community lol

JimmyChitwood

Kirby
Kirby
Norfork
Western Grove
Wonderview
Guy

I want to pick ICC to beat Kirby but they didn't handle the pressure from Nevada very well in the second half and Kirby is a quick pressure team as well. Most of the other games are gimmes I think but could be upsets. Armorel could beat Guy if Guy doesn't try at all on the defensive end which happens a lot. Wonderview has no chance to lose. Norfork has no chance to lose. Bay is probably better than Western Grove but I have to pick a North Arkansas team here.

hillbillyball

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 02, 2018, 05:40:23 am
I've been to Kirby....there can't be THAT many actually from that little community lol
[/quote

Have to count some people for Caddo Hills boys 😂

Tigerforever42

Bay has both Girls and Boys playing today, expect them to pack the house! They get out and support their teams!

noties

Ozark Mountain School District (Western Grove, St. Joe, Bruno-Pyatt) is dismissing at 1:00 today so people can go support WG Warriors tonight. I expect a great fan turnout for the Warriors as well.

eamo8911

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 02, 2018, 08:12:57 am
Kirby
Kirby
Norfork
Western Grove
Wonderview
Guy

I want to pick ICC to beat Kirby but they didn't handle the pressure from Nevada very well in the second half and Kirby is a quick pressure team as well. Most of the other games are gimmes I think but could be upsets. Armorel could beat Guy if Guy doesn't try at all on the defensive end which happens a lot. Wonderview has no chance to lose. Norfork has no chance to lose. Bay is probably better than Western Grove but I have to pick a North Arkansas team here.

Or the pressure from Ridgefield, Bay, and Rector last week . . . I'm pulling for them, but they cannot panic the way they did in those games.

yesteryearman

Quote from: eamo8911 on March 02, 2018, 09:26:38 am
Or the pressure from Ridgefield, Bay, and Rector last week . . . I'm pulling for them, but they cannot panic the way they did in those games.

I haven't seen ICC play, but I have seen Nevada and Kirby, and if ICC had trouble with Nevada's pressure then they will fold like a cheap tent against Kirby......I predicted Kirby over Omaha by 22 and turned out to be 27, so I am going with Kirby by 17....it could be more but Kirby coach will pull starters a little earlier to save legs for semi's....where they will face a little more rest Mt Vernon--Enola...

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: yesteryearman on March 02, 2018, 09:37:11 am
I haven't seen ICC play, but I have seen Nevada and Kirby, and if ICC had trouble with Nevada's pressure then they will fold like a cheap tent against Kirby......I predicted Kirby over Omaha by 22 and turned out to be 27, so I am going with Kirby by 17....it could be more but Kirby coach will pull starters a little earlier to save legs for semi's....where they will face a little more rest Mt Vernon--Enola...
ICC is a young team and they have plenty of ability but they seemed nervous and a little out of control in the second half. They did make nearly all their free throws however.

eamo8911

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 02, 2018, 09:46:28 am
ICC is a young team and they have plenty of ability but they seemed nervous and a little out of control in the second half. They did make nearly all their free throws however.

Yes, Nevada's foul-happy playing helped them out tremendously.  I think they had 8 fouls after the 3rd.  I know that 1-and-1 was happening before the end of that quarter

BannerChaser95

Quote from: eamo8911 on March 02, 2018, 09:47:46 am
Yes, Nevada's foul-happy playing helped them out tremendously.  I think they had 8 fouls after the 3rd.  I know that 1-and-1 was happening before the end of that quarter
Nevada had 9 fouls after 3... they had 8 after the 1st. Stupid stupid fouls too, cooper would grab the defensive rebound and you'd see a major hack job at not chance of getting the ball back. The entire 4th was a double bonus for ICC and I don't know if they missed but 2-3 all game

yesteryearman

Quote from: eamo8911 on March 02, 2018, 09:47:46 am

That won't happen against Kirby......ICC will have to earn everything they get, which won't be enough.  This game could be a little preview of the finals......disciplined Kirby against a little more free-wheeling team, ummm, wonder who that could be.....

ballislife101

Kirby
Kirby
Norfolk
Bay
Bay
Armorel

BannerChaser95

Kirby girl 16
Mammoth springs 13

End of 1

BannerChaser95

Mammoth springs 32

Kirby 29
Half

BannerChaser95

Mammoth 41

Kirby 32

4:30 to go in 3rd

BannerChaser95

Mammoth 45

Kirby 38

End of 3

eamo8911

47-45 Mammoth, 3:36 to go

BannerChaser95

Kirby 51

Mammoth 49

1:44 to go

BannerChaser95

Kirby 54
Mammoth 51

1:15 to go

BannerChaser95

Kirby 56

Mammoth 51

45.3 to go

BannerChaser95

37.0 to go

Kirby 58

Mammoth 53

BannerChaser95

Kirby 58
Mammoth 55

Kirby ball after TO

BannerChaser95

Kirby 9
Mammoth 55

BannerChaser95

Kirby 61
Mammoth 55

final

bball101

Nice updates. Thank you.

Bergman1820

I will be updating the Norfork and Alpena girls game and the Western Grove boys game on MaxPreps.

BannerChaser95

Kirby 10

Icc 2

4:54 to go in 1st

BannerChaser95

Kirby 15

ICC 10

End of 1

Cooper with 2 fouls and a delay of game warning in the 1st

Tigerforever42

A delay of game warning?

BannerChaser95

Kirby 23

Icc 14

3:20 to go

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Tigerforever42 on March 02, 2018, 02:51:06 pm
A delay of game warning?
he's smacking the ball after it comes out

eamo8911

Enough with the stall ball, Kirby.  You scared?

BannerChaser95

Neckred

High school basketball needs a shotclock

eamo8911

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 02, 2018, 02:55:36 pm
Kirby 23
ICC 17

Half

Because Kirby held it for 3 minutes.  I thought this team was supposed to be talented?

BannerChaser95

LOL. Maybe  ICC should gaurd them. You sure sound upset with the score

CCEAGLES22

So Kirby was up 23-14 and stalling with 3 minutes left and never scored but the other team did?  Stalling usually backfires

BannerChaser95

I want to make it very clear to everyone not here. ICC wasn't stepping outside the 3 pt line down 6.

I mean if it was you would you tell your team hey, let's attack or hold for last shot with 2:30 to go?  Icc started the game up on you man defense... what changed?

eamo8911

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 02, 2018, 02:58:10 pm
LOL. Maybe  ICC should gaurd them. You sure sound upset with the score

Or maybe Kirby should show their actual talent instead of cowering in fear of an ICC run.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: CCEAGLES22 on March 02, 2018, 02:58:38 pm
So Kirby was up 23-14 and stalling with 3 minutes left and never scored but the other team did?  Stalling usually backfires
NEGATIVE, 23-14 icc went down hit a 3. And then PACKED it in on man defense and planted their feet on 3 point line.

CCEAGLES22

March 02, 2018, 03:03:46 pm #46 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 03:05:45 pm by CCEAGLES22
Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 02, 2018, 03:00:02 pm
I want to make it very clear to everyone not here. ICC wasn't stepping outside the 3 pt line down 6.

I mean if it was you would you tell your team hey, let's attack or hold for last shot with 2:30 to go?  Icc started the game up on you man defense... what changed?
The more talented team should never stall in the first half.  Im sure they would have loved being down 6 at half before the game started

jsw6f0

I wish Kirby had stalled the ball on us before they put up 47 in the first quarter 😕

BannerChaser95

ICC 31

Kirby 30

End of 3

BannerChaser95

Kirby 33

Icc 31

Kirby ball after time out. 6:04 to go

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas