• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rules...

Started by rabidhog, February 28, 2018, 03:06:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rabidhog

What is the rule regarding a high school player playing summer ball during high school season. Can he practice/play with summer team on days he does not practice/play with high school team?

OB11

Quote from: rabidhog on February 28, 2018, 03:06:02 pm
What is the rule regarding a high school player playing summer ball during high school season. Can he practice/play with summer team on days he does not practice/play with high school team?

I'm pretty sure that is a no-no.

Iknewthemwhen

Not supposed to do that. 

RabidWolf

Doesn't stop people sadly

Iknewthemwhen

Hard to manage that situation.  How do you keep up with every kid in Arkansas playing?  Used to be kids played in their neighborhoods or communities and played there during school and then in the summer.  Now, kids play all across their region of the state and even across the state.  They go to private schools, schools across town or 50 miles away, then play for summer league and travel teams.  Some play for a coach in summer ball and then transfer to that coaches high school the following year.  All those things make it hard to maintain a local program. 

BW2281

Per AAA rules and I spoke with them to clarify.  Will post rule as soon as I find it again, their site is slow.  HS players can practice with their travel teams on days they have not or a HS practice was/is scheduled.  They cannot play in games period!  But can practice on days there HS team is not practicing.  Most HS teams practice Mon-Fri so pretty much off limits during the week.  I was told and called and spoke with the director to be 100% sure and I encourage all to do the same.  But he was very clear in stating they could!

T-Bone

March 01, 2018, 05:27:01 pm #6 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:29:38 pm by T-Bone
Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on March 01, 2018, 02:16:46 pm
Hard to manage that situation.  How do you keep up with every kid in Arkansas playing?  Used to be kids played in their neighborhoods or communities and played there during school and then in the summer.  Now, kids play all across their region of the state and even across the state.  They go to private schools, schools across town or 50 miles away, then play for summer league and travel teams.  Some play for a coach in summer ball and then transfer to that coaches high school the following year.  All those things make it hard to maintain a local program.

I agree back in the day they played in neighborhoods and area where they lived and local town leagues.  Reality is players get better by playing good players.  And even though we hate to admit it most single towns can't produce enough competition and in some ways hurt those that really want to play competitive.  In travel ball you can go different areas to find those that want to compete.  Town leagues are fun for most but those that want to become good often have to play down.  They can not get better but those that are less athletic might.

BW2281

Quote from: T-Bone on March 01, 2018, 05:27:01 pm
I agree back in the day they played in neighborhoods and area where they lived and local town leagues.  Reality is players get better by playing good players.  And even though we hate to admit it most single towns can't produce enough competition and in some ways hurt those that really want to play competitive.  In travel ball you can go different areas to find those that want to compete.  Town leagues are fun for most but those that want to become good often have to play down.  They can not get better but those that are less athletic might.

Said very well.

BW2281

Per Don Brodell at AAA

page 49
2. This limitation shall apply to the team sports of football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, and soccer.  However, a member of an interscholastic baseball, softball or soccer team may try out for or practice with a non-school team on days when the school team does not practice or play.  This exception for baseball, softball and soccer shall not apply in weeks the school team is involved in AAA-sponsored championship tournaments.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas