• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-1 East district scores- Valley Springs

Started by Bergman1820, February 12, 2018, 05:09:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bergman1820

February 12, 2018, 05:09:55 pm Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:43:05 pm by vstigerz
Sr. Girls:
Y-S 13
Mt.View 55 Final

Marshall 38
Bergman 40 Final

Bergman1820

February 12, 2018, 06:35:40 pm #1 Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 08:12:43 pm by vstigerz
Sr. Boys:
Green Forest 43
Clinton 75 Final

Mt.View 48
Y-S 65 Final

bobcats

Bergman1820

ISU7

Mascot1

ISU7

Bergman1820

CTEPirateFan

Bergman1820

Bergman1820

Sr. Girls:
Clinton 39
Valley Springs 48 Final

Bergman1820

Sr. Girls:
Green Forest 34
Melbourne 60 Final

Googlymoogly

Quote from: ISU7 on February 13, 2018, 09:27:59 pm
So the host team of the regional is out?
Incorrect. The Melbourne girls won so the OTHER regional host team is still alive

Bergman1820

Thursday Feb. 15
#1 Mt.View vs. #4 Bergman, 4:00 (Sr. Girls)
#1 Clinton vs. #5 Marshall, 5:30 (Sr.Boys)
#2 Melbourne vs. #3 Valley Springs, 7:00 (Sr. Girls)
#2 Valley Springs vs. #3 Yellville-Summit, 8:30 (Sr. Boys)

HorseFeathers

KATZ

Mt. View girls and Clinton boys win easy. Melbourne girls squeak by valley in OT.

Bergman1820

Sr. Girls:
Valley Springs 48
Melbourne 50 Final-OT

Sr. Boys:
Yellville-Summit 34- Had 7 points at halftime.
Valley Springs 49 Final

drybones

February 15, 2018, 10:44:53 pm #17 Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:47:57 pm by drybones
Valley boys 49
Yellville 34

ISU7

Quote from: Googlymoogly on February 13, 2018, 10:46:48 pm
Incorrect. The Melbourne girls won so the OTHER regional host team is still alive
I was talking about the boys. Notice i didn't put an  (s) after the word team ???

Bergman1820

Saturday Feb. 17
#4 Bergman vs #3 Valley Springs, 3:00 (Sr. Girls)
#5 Marshall vs #3 Yellville-Summit, 4:30 (Sr.Boys)
#2 Melbourne vs #1 Mt.View, 6:00 (Sr. Girls)
#2 Valley Springs vs. #1 Clinton, 7:30 (Sr. Boys)

Made

I can't believe the AAA would assign a ref who has a son in one of the teams programs.....his calls were blatantly one sided

noties

Quote from: Made on February 16, 2018, 10:35:24 am
I can't believe the AAA would assign a ref who has a son in one of the teams programs.....his calls were blatantly one sided

and another whose stepdaughter is a cheerleader.. oh, and another whose son played at Valley...

Not saying the officials caused the outcome of the games, but really? Who assigned three officials, all with close ties to Valley sports, to call their district tournament?

Moonshiner

Quote from: Made on February 16, 2018, 10:35:24 am

The AAA doesn't assign officials for district tournament play.  The conference agrees on which crews to hire.  With that said, whoever the assignor was should've made sure there were no conflicts like that.

YSpanther

Yellville did a lot of damage to themselves,  AFTER those 3 officials set the tone for how the fouls would be called in the first quarter.  When the game was a comfortable lead, it was a pretty even affair, on infractions and fouls.  Yellville could've been called for 3 seconds many times, but happened to be down by 15 at the time.  When the game was 6 and a break out layup is going on, no call and the ball off Yellville.  If we had still been down 15, they probably would've called a foul.   ::)

noties

February 16, 2018, 02:45:40 pm #24 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 02:47:24 pm by noties
Quote from: Moonshiner on February 16, 2018, 11:59:16 am
The AAA doesn't assign officials for district tournament play.  The conference agrees on which crews to hire.  With that said, whoever the assignor was should've made sure there were no conflicts like that.

The assignor also has kids in the Valley basketball program.. including one that played last night.

Eagle Power

The assignor for the 3A district at Valley Spring is from Fayetteville. So someone is miss-informed. Fake News. lol.  My next thing. I have seen all 3 refs officiate our Huntsville games this year and one thing I notice is they call the game and nothing else. Considering Valley's powerhouse girls lost and Valley beat YS by its smallest margin of the year...I don't think officiating or where they are from can be considered , at least not last night. Everyone is from somewhere and as long as they didn't have a kid playing what difference did it make.

Bergman1820

February 16, 2018, 03:17:05 pm #26 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:18:59 pm by vstigerz
Can that really be the case with the officials?

Bergman1820

Quote from: Eagle Power on February 16, 2018, 03:16:04 pm
The assignor for the 3A district at Valley Spring is from Fayetteville. So someone is miss-informed. Fake News. lol.  My next thing. I have seen all 3 refs officiate our Huntsville games this year and one thing I notice is they call the game and nothing else. Considering Valley's powerhouse girls lost and Valley beat YS by its smallest margin of the year...I don't think officiating or where they are from can be considered , at least not last night. Everyone is from somewhere and as long as they didn't have a kid playing what difference did it make.

I think the refs switched after the 2nd game.

Eagle Power

2 fayetville and 1 melbourne ref in the 1st and 2nd game. Then the 3 harrison area refs in the last 2 games. Which happened to be the VS games.

YSpanther

Quote from: Eagle Power on February 16, 2018, 03:16:04 pm
We've only played once.  Any margin less than the terrible performance last time would be the smallest margin of the year.  The second affair at our place was scrubbed because of weather, then junior high district conflicts or ACT or some sort of reason, and the seeding was already done at that time.

Eagle Power

Ok, my bad, I was just sitting next to some YS peeps that said that was closer than the other time you had played them this year. I didn't know valley was any good this year and last night was the first time I had seen them play. I thought both teams had a ton of potential and felt that YS should have used their bigman on the block a little more as VS had nothing even close to his size.

YSpanther

Quote from: Eagle Power on February 16, 2018, 03:28:35 pm
2 fayetville and 1 melbourne ref in the 1st and 2nd game. Then the 3 harrison area refs in the last 2 games. Which happened to be the VS games.
So why wouldn't they do it the other way around?  I could get the logic of travel after the games, but the first two were Clinton/Marshall and Mtn. View/Bergman.  Even if you think they called it straight up, why invite the optics of that?  Because I guarantee you that many people left that gym last night feeling that it wasn't kosher.  I fully admit that Yellville made too many mistakes and at times took poor shots.  And at times, Valley worked the ball and got good looks and sunk some 3 pointers.  They are a good team.  Which is why it is so frustrating to see certain times of the game to have some serious disparity in what constitutes a foul from one end to the other.  At key moments.  When the momentum hangs in the balance.  It just doesn't feel right.  And I have seen a lot of basketball this year with a wide variety of officials.  The ones from Monday in the tournament were some of the most consistent I have seen all year.  They didn't call ticky tack stuff, but if significant contact was made, especially on a shot or on a rebound and an advantage was gained, then they called a foul.  Like it should be.

I suspect that Valley Springs is a little better team than Yellville.  After seeing 2 games in the Valley Springs gym, I really couldn't tell you for sure if that is true or not, because I don't feel like I really saw a well officiated game.  I will be paying very close attention at Melbourne, especially if it ends up Valley 2 and Yellville 3 playing the 2 and 3 in probably Corning and Manila.  If Valley were to lose to Corning and Yellville were to beat Manila.  Then I would not be that surprised.

noties

February 16, 2018, 05:59:31 pm #32 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 06:02:19 pm by noties
I never said the refs affected the game. I just stated the three refs all have close Valley ties. The regular season assignor is a Valley parent. I do know that.

Who in Fayetteville makes assignments for post season tournaments? An AOA person? Because whoever it is, I think they dropped the ball.

Ball Hog

I watched all 4 games last night and I didn't have a dog in the fight. I thought there were some questionable calls in the valley boys game but they didn't affect the outcome of the game. Valley just played better and hit more shots. I'm not sure about the technical foul on yellville's coach. I'm sure he said something he shouldn't have but in a game like that I think the refs shouldn't be so quick to give a technical. Whatever he said he didn't say it very loud. The valley Melbourne game was a whole different story. The foul call on Melbourne with 7 seconds left in regulation was probably the worst call I've seen all year, and it definitely could have decided the outcome of the game. Thankfully it didn't.
YSpantjer said that Monday's officials did a good job. I don't which group you were referring to but I hope it wasn't the crew that called the Marshall Bergman girls game. They weren't good at all. The foul count was 9 to 0 at one point. Bergman didn't have a single foul called on them until the last 3 minutes of the first half. The female official made 4 or 5 questionable calls in the first half. I have a major pro with officials that try to control the game and prove how good they are instead of letting the players decide the outcome of the game.

hawg mafia

Didn't one of those "VALLEY OFFICIALS" call an offensive foul on the daughter of the "VALLEY ASSIGNER" with 34 seconds left in the 4th quarter with Valley down by 2????

Sure looks like he was trying to cheat with that call.

drybones

Quote from: hawg mafia on February 17, 2018, 08:21:07 am
Didn't one of those "VALLEY OFFICIALS" call an offensive foul on the daughter of the "VALLEY ASSIGNER" with 34 seconds left in the 4th quarter with Valley down by 2????

+1
That call probably cost the lady tigers the game.

NEABBALLFAN03

Are any of the games today being live streamed?

eamo8911

Quote from: NEABBALLFAN03 on February 17, 2018, 01:03:45 pm
Are any of the games today being live streamed?

MV girls audio will most likely be streamed online by 103.3 KwOZ. Melbourne might also be but unsure.

NEABBALLFAN03

Quote from: eamo8911 on February 17, 2018, 01:14:24 pm
MV girls audio will most likely be streamed online by 103.3 KwOZ. Melbourne might also be but unsure.
Thank you.

Mascot1

Boys finals will be audio streamed online by KHPQ 92.1

501Arkansas

NEABBALLFAN03

noties

Quote from: hawg mafia on February 17, 2018, 08:21:07 am

No one was saying they were trying to cheat anyone, we're just questioning if it's right to have three officials with close ties to the school calling their district tournament.

But instead of adding to the discussion everyone just gets defensive 😂

eamo8911

RedWolf275

RedWolf275

February 17, 2018, 07:34:28 pm #45 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 07:36:29 pm by RedWolf275
Tough girls region!

doctor in the house

YSpanther

Quote from: NEABBALLFAN03 on February 17, 2018, 06:39:02 pm
Y-S beat Marshall 63-51
Lead was near 20 at times.  Marshall back ups played harder and made shots the last few minutes than the Yellville-Summit backups. it's like they didn't relish the opportunity to face the top ranked team in the state, according to some sources.   ;D

baller334

Neither team will come close to making it out of the first round of Regionals.

YSpanther

Quote from: baller334 on February 17, 2018, 09:15:15 pm
Neither team will come close to making it out of the first round of Regionals.
Not likely with the draws we have.  Our fate was sealed Thursday night vs. Valley and the icing on the cupcakes was Corning losing by a few to Manila and then Manila rising up get the first seed.  As a first or second seed against Corning or a talented but not very good team Rivercrest, there was hope.  An overconfident Manila, we could've tried to hang with for awhile.  A recently punched in the nose powerhouse that should've been the 1 seed isn't a very good feeling.  They only thing we have going for us is the familiarity with Melbourne and its gym, while the other district has to travel slightly farther.

Not much consolation in that.  But we almost stole one 2 years ago.  The Manila/Osceola outcome is proof of why we play the games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas