• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-2 District Tournament @ Lepanto (EPC)

Started by birddawg1986, February 01, 2018, 07:20:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1995fan

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 14, 2018, 10:24:04 am
They are the " Cream of the crop to beat" because they haven't played anyone and are undefeated? Wow!!! If you haven't played no one all year of course you will be undefeated.  They ran from Osceola c'mon man. I don't see why the hype is so high for MT other than being undefeated by not playing anyone. Smh

Every team in these forums have boosted their teams on FF, from 1A - 7A.  I also think some of these teams (EPC, Earle, Trumann, Rivercrest) would be insulted by their teams being nobodies (since you said they haven't played anyone).  Basketball is a game by game sport..... on any given night a team could come out and shock the world. 

As for as Osceola is concerned, that's over and done with.  Both teams have different stories as to why that game didn't happen. Maybe the Seminoles should been more focused on their conference,  since they lost to Brookland within that same week...IJS

501Arkansas

Quote from: 1995fan on February 14, 2018, 03:34:59 pm
Every team in these forums have boosted their teams on FF, from 1A - 7A.  I also think some of these teams (EPC, Earle, Trumann, Rivercrest) would be insulted by their teams being nobodies (since you said they haven't played anyone).  Basketball is a game by game sport..... on any given night a team could come out and shock the world. 

As for as Osceola is concerned, that's over and done with.  Both teams have different stories as to why that game didn't happen. Maybe the Seminoles should been more focused on their conference,  since they lost to Brookland within that same week...IJS
And would've beaten MT the same week..IJS

MikelB

2-15-18

Boys
EPC vs BIC @ 5:30
MT vs SH @ 8:30

Girls
Salem vs SH @4
Mduke vs Cotter @ 7

Who y'all got?

1995fan

Quote from: MikelB on February 14, 2018, 04:35:43 pm
2-15-18

Boys
EPC vs BIC @ 5:30
MT vs SH @ 8:30

Girls
Salem vs SH @4
Mduke vs Cotter @ 7

Who y'all got?

EPC & BIC have one win each...... if EPC comes out and play they will win. I'm not sure if Dee Buchanan doesn't play.  They didn't need him last night but his absence will be felt against BIC.

I pick MT in the other boys game.
The girls game I'm definitely going with Salem for sure and  I guess Marmaduke in the other one.

JCWLADYREBELDAD

1995fan

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: underdog678 on February 13, 2018, 07:41:26 pm
Must say, Tubetown has a great live coverage of the games. Really enjoying it.

look like they are live on Facebook & then showing the games a day behind on cable.  But not all ! I got set to watch the BIC- Cotter game again Tuesday & they didn't show it.  Best game from Monday & it was not aired ??

underdog678

Haven't realized that, have just been watching them live on Facebook.

Tubetown21

Hope everyone is enjoying the Facebook live coverage of the tournament.  We'll fire up the cameras again today at 4pm.  If you are looking for replays on Ritter Communications Cable channel 21, here's a link to the schedule:  http://www.tubetownonline.com/about1-c4yo

Our plan is to replay tonight's games on Friday, and Friday games on Saturday.  We'll replay every tournament game multiple times over the next week or so, in additional to all the games being archived on our Facebook page. www.facebook.com/tubetownonline

Thanks for watching.

underdog678

Quote from: 1995fan on February 14, 2018, 04:51:27 pm
EPC & BIC have one win each...... if EPC comes out and play they will win. I'm not sure if Dee Buchanan doesn't play.  They didn't need him last night but his absence will be felt against BIC.

I pick MT in the other boys game.
The girls game I'm definitely going with Salem for sure and  I guess Marmaduke in the other one.
Whats up with Dee Buchanan? I noticed he wasn't there the first game.

MikelB

Quote from: underdog678 on February 15, 2018, 10:16:40 am
Whats up with Dee Buchanan? I noticed he wasn't there the first game.

Was told he had the flu.

mtindian42

MT has a good a chance as anyone lol... all you can do is play the teams on your schedule. Done that and 23-0. It's a new season now...1-0

HoopKing

mtindian42

Marked Undefeated Tree 46 Sloan Hendrix 16 Halftime

mtindian42

Marked 25-0 Tree 71 Sloan Hendrix 41 final.

redrider30

Sr. Girls
Sloan Hendrix 51 Salem 50
Marmaduke 56 Cotter 52

Friday
3rd place game @ 4:00
Salem vs. Cotter
Championship Game @ 7:00
Marmaduke vs. Sloan Hendrix

ISU7

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 15, 2018, 10:04:06 pm
Marked 25-0 Tree 71 Sloan Hendrix 41 final.
Lol you got me thinking back not to long ago Clarendon was undefeated and was practically giving the 2A state title during regular season then Boom first rd lost in the state tourney. Anyway good luck to MT represent NEA.👍

mtindian42

Quote from: ISU7 on February 15, 2018, 10:58:44 pm
Lol you got me thinking back not to long ago Clarendon was undefeated and was practically giving the 2A state title during regular season then Boom first rd lost in the state tourney. Anyway good luck to MT represent NEA.👍
well there ain't no turning back now. All we can do is keep winning. No other option at this point.these boys want a ring... I believe with a ring added to their body of work this group could move as high as the 2nd best MT team of all time. Right behind Fred shepherd in company.

MomaLion

Quote from: ISU7 on February 15, 2018, 10:58:44 pm
No, our situation was worse because we had already beaten the soon to be 2,4,5 and 6A state champions during our regular season.  It was heartbreaking but it also taught us a valuable lesson.

Dogg

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 15, 2018, 11:47:06 pm
well there ain't no turning back now. All we can do is keep winning. No other option at this point.these boys want a ring... I believe with a ring added to their body of work this group could move as high as the 2nd best MT team of all time. Right behind Fred shepherd in company.
they are not better than the team J. Bell played on nor the team from a few years back with Griffin & Miles. 2A is down and MT is just playing pretty good right now.

NEABBALLFAN03

Anyone have the score of the EPC-BIC game?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: NEABBALLFAN03 on February 16, 2018, 06:03:28 am
Anyone have the score of the EPC-BIC game?

EPC won ... don't remember exact score 

leaderofthepack10

bdubyab60

Quote from: Dogg on February 16, 2018, 05:55:03 am
they are not better than the team J. Bell played on nor the team from a few years back with Griffin & Miles. 2A is down and MT is just playing pretty good right now.
Thats my opinion as well. Been a lot of talent leave the area over the past few years

NEABBALLFAN03

leaderofthepack10

Quote from: NEABBALLFAN03 on February 16, 2018, 09:13:28 am
Thanks.
You're welcome. It was a sloppy game but that's how EPC prefers it I think. Getting up and down and making it chaotic. EPC shot the ball better than I remember them doing early in the year and deserved to win. BIC on the other hand couldn't make a layup or free throw. Congrats to all 4 teams on making Regional Tournament next week though.

MikelB

Predictions for Friday?

Girls
3rd place game Salem vs. Cotter @ 4:00
Championship Game Marmaduke vs. Sloan Hendrix @ 7:00

Boys
3rd place game BIC vs. Sloan Hendrix @ 5:30
Championship Game Marked Tree vs EPC @ 8:30

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 16, 2018, 08:31:41 am
Thats my opinion as well. Been a lot of talent leave the area over the past few years
lol. EPC fan agrees with Earle fan to discredit MTs successful season! Shocker! 😂

1995fan

Quote from: Dogg on February 16, 2018, 05:55:03 am

You do realize that 4 of the 5 seniors played on the same team with Griffin and Miles.... Perry-washington started on that team and the other 3 produced off the bench.  Rather than the bull of  saying 2A is down or they haven't played anyone, or whatever today's rant is, I'm just gonna say GOOD JOB MT and keep proving to people that team ball is better than having 1 or 2 star players.  Teams win championships and real sports fans know that.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: MikelB on February 16, 2018, 01:47:52 pm
Predictions for Friday?

Girls
3rd place game Salem vs. Cotter @ 4:00
Championship Game Marmaduke vs. Sloan Hendrix @ 7:00

Boys
3rd place game BIC vs. Sloan Hendrix @ 5:30
Championship Game Marked Tree vs EPC @ 8:30

Cotter
Marmaduke

BIC
Marked Tree

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 16, 2018, 03:11:06 pm
lol. EPC fan agrees with Earle fan to discredit MTs successful season! Shocker! 😂
Any 2A State title teams and most of the final 4 teams from the past decade would crush every team I've seen this year.

The MT team from last year would even come close to being beating this year. That's the drop off from last year to this year. MT has always played good team ball under Wilburn.

You trying to tell me Earle and EPC are as good as last year. Get outta here with that crap.

They are winning this year and thats the credit they'll get and deserve.

It you guys all know the competition isn't near as good this year

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 16, 2018, 06:24:08 pm
Any 2A State title teams and most of the final 4 teams from the past decade would crush every team I've seen this year.

The MT team from last year would even come close to being beating this year. That's the drop off from last year to this year. MT has always played good team ball under Wilburn.

You trying to tell me Earle and EPC are as good as last year. Get outta here with that crap.

They are winning this year and thats the credit they'll get and deserve.

It you guys all know the competition isn't near as good this year
lol you can't say that for sure...cause there is no way to ever know for sure what your saying is true or false.If that's the case I could come back with this MT team is the best 2A team ever... I mean it's no different then what your doing. In the end we're both just running off at the mouth... so your whole post is a matter of opinion not actual facts. Facts are this MT is 25-0

Donnie Jamon

MT is no where near some of the good epc teams. 2A must be really down this year. Epc isn't very good and probably a top 5 team.

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 16, 2018, 07:03:32 pm
lol you can't say that for sure...cause there is no way to ever know for sure what your saying is true or false.If that's the case I could come back with this MT team is the best 2A team ever... I mean it's no different then what your doing. In the end we're both just running off at the mouth... so your whole post is a matter of opinion not actual facts. Facts are this MT is 25-0
Oh know it's true and so does everyone else but you. I've seen enough good teams over the years to know what a dominant team looks like

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 16, 2018, 07:54:32 pm
Oh know it's true and so does everyone else but you. I've seen enough good teams over the years to know what a dominant team looks like
maybe you have lol. Still just your opinion though! This MT team doesn't have a super star player the job is done by committee.any given night any one can step up... its hard to prepare for this MT team cause who you going to take away? That's why no one will beat MT cause you don't know who might light you up at any minute. That's exactly why this MT team would give teams from the past fits.

mtindian42

February 16, 2018, 08:14:23 pm #85 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:18:40 pm by mtindian42
Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 14, 2018, 10:24:04 am
They are the " Cream of the crop to beat" because they haven't played anyone and are undefeated? Wow!!! If you haven't played no one all year of course you will be undefeated.  They ran from Osceola c'mon man. I don't see why the hype is so high for MT other than being undefeated by not playing anyone. Smh
lol 25-0 that hurts doesn't it? Just be glad YALL backed out and didn't have to tuck your tails in defeat! Run a long now attention seeker!

USA score predictors who get it right at a high clip say MT 57 Osceola 54. Even on the computer (you lose)

Dogg

This coming from the guy that after last year title game was ready to run the coach out of town and burn her house down. MT is playing well right now and they better win it this year because the cupboard is empty.

mtindian42

Quote from: Dogg on February 16, 2018, 08:18:47 pm
This coming from the guy that after last year title game was ready to run the coach out of town and burn her house down. MT is playing well right now and they better win it this year because the cupboard is empty.
yea as humans we kinda do and say things when we're mad. Who are you again? Never mind not even important

Ctucker

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 16, 2018, 07:46:06 pm
MT is no where near some of the good epc teams. 2A must be really down this year. Epc isn't very good and probably a top 5 team.
I agree about that or Cedar Ridge team and a few others but atleast this year there is probally 8 teams with a chance to win it where like last year we all really knew nobody was beating Earle same thing with Cedar when they won championships game by 24 over Clarendon and the year EPC and Cedar played for championship every body knew that would be the finals! I think over all 3a and 2a our little down!

mtindian42

Lol stop stalling and run with us...EPC players were heard saying let us run with them coach lol...listen to your kids coach! We would love to add another blow out to our record...

Mr. Trill

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 16, 2018, 08:06:45 pm
maybe you have lol. Still just your opinion though! This MT team doesn't have a super star player the job is done by committee.any given night any one can step up... its hard to prepare for this MT team cause who you going to take away? That's why no one will beat MT cause you don't know who might light you up at any minute. That's exactly why this MT team would give teams from the past fits.
And you think those teams didn't do that. Heck we had a D1 player and he wasn't even our highest scoring player. Didn't even play half the season the year we won the title. And the conference was tougher and you know it.

Yes MT plays good team ball. But you are on here complaining about tempo.

Play man to man then. Oh wait. Let's sit in a zone

You do what you have to do to win the game

ISU7

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 16, 2018, 09:17:13 pm
Lol stop stalling and run with us...EPC players were heard saying let us run with them coach lol...listen to your kids coach! We would love to add another blow out to our record...
Brilliant game plan 😂

mtindian42

ISU7

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 16, 2018, 09:50:46 pm
more like they scared
You play to win the game a championship team will be able to adjust to any style of play.

mtindian42

26-0!!! Wo wo wo. You tried warriors 🤷🏻‍♂️

mtindian42

Quote from: ISU7 on February 16, 2018, 09:53:13 pm
You play to win the game a championship team will be able to adjust to any style of play.
oh we did adjust 26-0

ISU7

mtindian42

Some one paint our logo all over this place... cause we own this team and gym..😂

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas