• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest Head Football Coaching Job Open

Started by redandgray, January 22, 2018, 04:30:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redandgray

Coach Chandler did an amazing job, but will be retiring. Rivercrest is coming off of a 3A State Championship. This job has now been posted: http://www.rivercrestcolts.org/careers.php

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: redandgray on January 22, 2018, 04:30:45 pm
Coach Chandler did an amazing job, but will be retiring. Rivercrest is coming off of a 3A State Championship. This job has now been posted: http://www.rivercrestcolts.org/careers.php
There will be a lot of interest in this job.

Mancho Hogo

Not unless they bump up the pay scale.  Current coach is on a 190 day contract and the pay scale is ridiculously low.  Coordinators of large programs would take a major paycut.

Pat Swilling

Missco

OB11

Quote from: Missco on January 23, 2018, 08:42:10 am
I figure it is Fleming's if he wants it.

Yep. Posting the job is probably just a formality. 

Jimbo Morphis

WTD

Missco

It works for them and will in this situation. Home grown guys that love Rivercrest, the kids, and the community.

Missco

Yes, long time asst. Has been head baseball and basketball coach before at Rivercrest. Lifelong Keiser resident.

Oldhound56

Wonder if they would try to attract Coach Hooks from Osceola.  He is from there and did a great job with the Seminoles last year?

redandgray

I believe they really want to open this up and see who's interested.

Pat Swilling

Quote from: Oldhound56 on January 24, 2018, 10:52:10 am
Wonder if they would try to attract Coach Hooks from Osceola.  He is from there and did a great job with the Seminoles last year?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Maximus Decimus Meridius

OB11

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on January 25, 2018, 09:31:38 am
Exactly, can't touch what he makes at O

Which is why after the older coaches that are there now retire, they will have a hard time finding quality coaches. They've been so successful because the coaches that have been there are from there. Every head football coach at Rivercrest (not sure about the very first one) has either graduated from Rivercrest or one of the schools that consolidated to create the district.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Glad to have known them(most recent ones), and hope the next one is from across the park!

OB11

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on January 25, 2018, 11:49:34 am
Glad to have known them(most recent ones), and hope the next one is from across the park!

You and me both.  ;D

Missco

I hope Fleming gets it. They will have to start paying more in the future.

Colt

Theres at least 3 alumni coaching around Arkansas. Two nearby. I don't think any of the three ever consider going "home" because of the huge pay cut they'd take.

OB11

Quote from: Colt on January 27, 2018, 07:09:33 am
Theres at least 3 alumni coaching around Arkansas. Two nearby. I don't think any of the three ever consider going "home" because of the huge pay cut they'd take.

I can think of 2, Smith and Hooks. Who is the 3rd?

ISU7

Quote from: Missco on January 23, 2018, 08:42:10 am
I figure it is Fleming's if he wants it.
Not bad choice he knows the system and his defense played lights out in the playoffs and championship game.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

February 05, 2018, 02:10:49 pm #21 Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:02:50 am by Maximus Decimus Meridius

I tried to upload a photo of the new stadium progress but can't seem to get it to work. Did the whole photobucket thing, url and all

OB11

February 06, 2018, 01:00:54 pm #22 Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 01:06:39 pm by OB11
https://twitter.com/ColtCoach1/status/960593549883568128

This is a link to a Tweet I saw. Can't get it to pop up like it used to on here.

Big Fan

cuckoobird

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Jimbo Morphis

Mancho Hogo

I was told last night the job was between wynne's DC (Ernest) and Marion's DC (Smith).  Decision will be made by Friday

JohnBarleycorn

Quote from: Mancho Hogo on March 01, 2018, 08:34:50 am
I was told last night the job was between wynne's DC (Ernest) and Marion's DC (Smith).  Decision will be made by Friday

Well, I guess YOU would know.

jbird

Ernest from wynne? That used to be at rector? That would be a Mancho Hire if you get my drift!

Eagle boss

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Mancho Hogo on March 01, 2018, 08:34:50 am

Looks like you were told wrong.

Per Twitter: "Congratulations to Johnny Fleming - Rivercrest High School's new head football coach!"

Arkansas Traveler

Congratulations to Coach Fleming. He is the fifth head football coach at Rivercrest since 1970. All five have been promoted from within the district. Continuity and tradition.

ISU7

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on March 14, 2018, 09:10:38 pm
Congratulations to Coach Fleming. He is the fifth head football coach at Rivercrest since 1970. All five have been promoted from within the district. Continuity and tradition.

Well, the district started in 1970, so I'm not sure the first coach was promoted from there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas