• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avery Felts- Jonesboro Westside

Started by Bbal789, January 19, 2018, 05:04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bbal789

Avery Felts had his second 40 point game of the season last night scoring 44 points in an overtime victory for Jonesboro Westside over Osceola 84-83. Avery Felts is now averaging 23.9 points per game on the season. Anybody know of any offers or interests Felts has?

Bbal789

Avery Felts had 38 points, 10 rebounds, and 8 assists in Jonesboro Westside's 80-64 win over Trumann. Avery Felts is now averaging 24.8 points per game and 34 points per game in the month of January.

NEA Razorback olfan

Congrats, those are impressive stats

Bbal789

I think Avery Felts is the most underrated player in the whole state of Arkansas. The media focuses way to much on all the teams that are hyped up especially the ones in Central Arkansas and ignore lots of other players and don't give them enough credit. 34 points per game for the month of January should be eye popping to college coaches around the region. Avery Felts is the real deal. Avery Felts is only getting better and better as the season goes on.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 24, 2018, 12:36:20 pm
I think Avery Felts is the most underrated player in the whole state of Arkansas. The media focuses way to much on all the teams that are hyped up especially the ones in Central Arkansas and ignore lots of other players and don't give them enough credit. 34 points per game for the month of January should be eye popping to college coaches around the region. Avery Felts is the real deal. Avery Felts is only getting better and better as the season goes on.

Only a Jr , so I agree

BirdCall

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 24, 2018, 12:36:20 pm
Payton Brown from Waldron And David Walker from Stuttgart could have an argument as well as being underrated in the state.

Bbal789

Quote from: BirdCall on January 24, 2018, 02:28:21 pm
Payton Brown from Waldron And David Walker from Stuttgart could have an argument as well as being underrated in the state.

Oh they do definitely. The media ignores a lot of talent just because of where they are located.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 19, 2018, 05:04:30 pm
Avery Felts had his second 40 point game of the season last night scoring 44 points in an overtime victory for Jonesboro Westside over Osceola 84-83. Avery Felts is now averaging 23.9 points per game on the season. Anybody know of any offers or interests Felts has?
Is your last name Felts?

Bbal789

Avery Felts 29 points in a 82-48 win for Westside over Brookland

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 31, 2018, 10:16:27 am
Avery Felts 29 points in a 82-48 win for Westside over Brookland

Congrats on the win

springdalesmitty

Bbal789

Yes just look up Avery Felts hudl Jonesboro Westside and there are highlights of him playing

pridgehog

Young man shoots the ball well and has a quick release. He will get to play at the next level.

J12

Felts with 34 after 3 quarters. Westside up on rivercrest by 14.

J12

Avery with 45 points midway though 4th. Brrr

J12

Finished with 48. 2 games this week and Felts finishes with a total of 79 points.  Both games Westside pulled starters early in the 4th quarter.

TheSpecial

Didnt Westside play Gosnell tonight?

MikeDieselâ„¢

J12

February 02, 2018, 09:14:06 pm #18 Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 09:16:02 pm by J12
Yes. Sorry. Gosnell.

Sports1511

Actually didn't pull starters till 3 minutes left in the game if you want to get technical and it was a good close game for 3 qrts

J12

Quote from: Sports1511 on February 02, 2018, 09:46:22 pm
Actually didn't pull starters till 3 minutes left in the game if you want to get technical and it was a good close game for 3 qrts

Cool

Bbal789

Avery Felts had 41 points last night for Westside in a 87-74 victory over Rivercrest

Bbal789

I feel like Felts should be getting a lot more offers and interests this summer after the season he has had so far.

Bbal789

Avery Felts is now averaging 26.5 points per game and has four 40 point games this season

BirdCall

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 07, 2018, 03:32:10 pm
I feel like Felts should be getting a lot more offers and interests this summer after the season he has had so far.
Payton Brown at Waldron is getting a lot of interest lately he is only a sophomore so I wonder why Avery isn't getting any attention I am sure they have similar game both put up big numbers. 

pridgehog

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 08, 2018, 01:10:18 pm
Avery Felts is now averaging 26.5 points per game and has four 40 point games this season
ASU should be looking at him. They could use a shooter like that.

J12

In general, it would behoove  ASU to recruit more Arkansas kids. The HS basketball in this state is good enough. Why Balado hasnt made that a point of emphasis is odd. Especially considering how bad their current team is.

As far as Avery goes, he could play at that level & it would help draw more than 700 fans for home games.

J12

Quote from: BirdCall on February 08, 2018, 01:55:13 pm
Payton Brown at Waldron is getting a lot of interest lately he is only a sophomore so I wonder why Avery isn't getting any attention I am sure they have similar game both put up big numbers.

Avery didn't play AAU until last summer. He's been playing traveling baseball with Dulin in Memphis and still did some between AAU tournaments.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on February 08, 2018, 04:28:14 pm
In general, it would behoove  ASU to recruit more Arkansas kids. The HS basketball in this state is good enough. Why Balado hasnt made that a point of emphasis is odd. Especially considering how bad their current team is.

As far as Avery goes, he could play at that level & it would help draw more than 700 fans for home games.

+1

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on February 08, 2018, 04:38:03 pm
Avery didn't play AAU until last summer. He's been playing traveling baseball with Dulin in Memphis and still did some between AAU tournaments.

I imagine He will be Westside's number 1 pitcher this year also, very talented kid

Bbal789

Avery Felts with 36 points and 4 assists in a 59-47 Westside win over Bauxite.

JessieP

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 02, 2018, 10:05:04 am
Avery Felts with 36 points and 4 assists in a 59-47 Westside win over Bauxite.

This kid is putting up some monster numbers. I hope someone tells him not to exhale too close to SS's big men, he'll get into foul trouble. Funny how the top players on opposing teams this year get into foul trouble against SS. I don't know if it's Baptist Prep fatigue, Bad Boy Mowers advertising or just the good 'ol boy network banding together but SS is without doubt the darling of the tournament. Watch the game Saturday, watch how SS taunts, smack talks and hacks on defense, then listen for whistles...you won't hear any.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: JessieP on March 02, 2018, 11:35:08 pm
This kid is putting up some monster numbers. I hope someone tells him not to exhale too close to SS's big men, he'll get into foul trouble. Funny how the top players on opposing teams this year get into foul trouble against SS. I don't know if it's Baptist Prep fatigue, Bad Boy Mowers advertising or just the good 'ol boy network banding together but SS is without doubt the darling of the tournament. Watch the game Saturday, watch how SS taunts, smack talks and hacks on defense, then listen for whistles...you won't hear any.
I'm excited to finally get to watch this Felts kid play this afternoon. Southside wins today and hopefully you'll disappear just like the whistles apparently do. Also, have you ever drove or mowed with a Bad Boy? It's like a go-cart with blades on the bottom. Better than a John Deere.

J12

Love how threads go way off topic.

3rdpartyperspective

Quote from: BirdCall on February 08, 2018, 01:55:13 pm

I have seen Payton Brown play several times this season and got to watch Felts play once.  I can tell you in my opinion, Felts is the much better player overall.  Sure Brown puts up good numbers scoring but overall if he has a little pressure on him, he falls apart.  He also is very lack luster when it comes to Defense, he likes to sit back around half court so if and when the ball is rebounded or turned over, he is the snowbird.  His play also puts him into foul trouble on a consistent basis so teams can take him out of play rather quickly at times.  Felts was well rounded playing all aspects of the game well and it shows in his teams strength.  Yes Payton is getting a lot of interest but I feel that when coaches see his play, they probably leave less than impressed overall.  I know Oklahoma State traveled to see his team play against Pottsville in District play but instead of a 30 to 40pt showing by Brown, they were shown a 6pt performance and a blowout loss.

JessieP

Quote from: SouthernerPride on March 03, 2018, 11:12:46 am
I'm excited to finally get to watch this Felts kid play this afternoon. Southside wins today and hopefully you'll disappear just like the whistles apparently do. Also, have you ever drove or mowed with a Bad Boy? It's like a go-cart with blades on the bottom. Better than a John Deere.

I'll never disappear. I am pulling for Westside, I love it when "Teams" win, not assembled groups but teams. I also pull for teams that win/play graciously, no taunts, no elbows to the lower back, no foul language and no needing the "striped shirt advantage". Westside is a well coached team with humble players, how refreshing. As far as Bad Boy goes, I'm a fan. I love their mowers. How can you not, the owners chose to show pride and picked Orange and Black as their color scheme. SS wears Orange and Black don't they?

3rdpartyperspective

Quote from: JessieP on March 03, 2018, 01:24:30 pm
I'll never disappear. I am pulling for Westside, I love it when "Teams" win, not assembled groups but teams. I also pull for teams that win/play graciously, no taunts, no elbows to the lower back, no foul language and no needing the "striped shirt advantage". Westside is a well coached team with humble players, how refreshing. As far as Bad Boy goes, I'm a fan. I love their mowers. How can you not, the owners chose to show pride and picked Orange and Black as their color scheme. SS wears Orange and Black don't they?

How does a public school in Batesville end up with a foreign player who originally came to states to play at a prep school in Little Rock?  Just asking since it is a bit puzzling for the rest of the public schools in Arkansas and would be beneficial to the smaller schools who also need 6'10" big men.  Sorry I got off topic there so I apologize.

JessieP

Quote from: 3rdpartyperspective on March 03, 2018, 01:30:10 pm
How does a public school in Batesville end up with a foreign player who originally came to states to play at a prep school in Little Rock?  Just asking since it is a bit puzzling for the rest of the public schools in Arkansas and would be beneficial to the smaller schools who also need 6'10" big men.  Sorry I got off topic there so I apologize.

That is the $64,000 question. Now a very defensive family member came on here and chastised people for asking that very question. It was pointed out that the family took him in strictly out of the goodness of their hearts and shame on anyone who says otherwise. A family with a long basketball tradition took in a Lithuanian out of pure Christian love. The fact that he was a 6'10 basketball player that is the same age as the Father's son is just dumb luck. Imagine that, helping out a kid who could possibly push the Son's team over the hump. Talk about luck. If you believe that it's time to lay on the couch and talk to a Dr. That is just one piece of the puzzle that is SS's season, along with questionable calls and head scratching seeding. This teams success is anything but organic. I fully expect them to win today, there is nothing Westside can do about it.   

3rdpartyperspective

Quote from: JessieP on March 03, 2018, 01:49:22 pm
That is the $64,000 question. Now a very defensive family member came on here and chastised people for asking that very question. It was pointed out that the family took him in strictly out of the goodness of their hearts and shame on anyone who says otherwise. A family with a long basketball tradition took in a Lithuanian out of pure Christian love. The fact that he was a 6'10 basketball player that is the same age as the Father's son is just dumb luck. Imagine that, helping out a kid who could possibly push the Son's team over the hump. Talk about luck. If you believe that it's time to lay on the couch and talk to a Dr. That is just one piece of the puzzle that is SS's season, along with questionable calls and head scratching seeding. This teams success is anything but organic. I fully expect them to win today, there is nothing Westside can do about it.
Is there a website for goodness of there hearts?  I'd like to check it out because this has been extremely puzzling to me as well as the fact that it just so happened that the kids at the 4A state tournament received a decal and keychain from a particular Batesville area lawnmower manufacturer that sponsored the tournament.  But then who am I to judge, just lots of funny things happening from the batesville ss area.  Gotta do whatever it takes to get a son a ring i suppose.

JessieP

Quote from: 3rdpartyperspective on March 03, 2018, 02:00:43 pm
Is there a website for goodness of there hearts?  I'd like to check it out because this has been extremely puzzling to me as well as the fact that it just so happened that the kids at the 4A state tournament received a decal and keychain from a particular Batesville area lawnmower manufacturer that sponsored the tournament.  But then who am I to judge, just lots of funny things happening from the batesville ss area.  Gotta do whatever it takes to get a son a ring i suppose.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner. I imagine the State Champions trophy is already engraved.

J12

I wish y'all would take this to a different thread

3rdpartyperspective

Quote from: J12 on March 03, 2018, 02:05:29 pm

I apologized for going off thread and do hope that Westside pulls off the win against Batesville SS.  Just wanted to ask the question everyone has been wondering about.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: J12 on March 03, 2018, 02:05:29 pm
they can't. They've already ruined all the others with the exact same drivel. Sore losers in my opinion.

Meanwhile Westside came storming back in the second Q thanks to some big shots by Felts and now leads the Southerners at half by two. 

3rdpartyperspective

Quote from: SouthernerPride on March 03, 2018, 02:10:16 pm
they can't. They've already ruined all the others with the exact same drivel. Sore losers in my opinion.

Meanwhile Westside came storming back in the second Q thanks to some big shots by Felts and now leads the Southerners at half by two.

no not a sore loser by any means, just like to see high school basketball on a non recruited level as well as keeping money out of play. But I can't argue if Im being told that this is just a coincidence that this team has all these resources .

JessieP

Quote from: SouthernerPride on March 03, 2018, 02:10:16 pm

I'll try not to use big words, make it easy for you to follow. We were discussing what an awesome player Felts is. It went off topix when it was pointed out that he is limited to what he can achieve because the deck is stacked against him. Ruined other threads? you're kidding right? It may be ruined for you but these are things that have been discussed by at least a dozen other people. It's not the 2 of us, a great many people are voicing displeasure at the circumstances pertaining to this team. Felts deserves to shine, the powers that be won't allow it.

Central AR

Quote from: JessieP on March 03, 2018, 01:49:22 pm

You seem to know a lot about the situation. So I gotta ask you this. Who should be taking care of the young man and what school should he be at? If you can't answer that then you have no business talking about it.

JessieP

J12

Hats off to Avery. Unbelievable effort by him and all the guys.

Batman44

Go Felts!!! Time to put a stop to all this devious "exchange" students and scholarships to private and "Christian" schools. Go Westside!!

Bbal789

Avery Felts was incredible today. Everytime Westside got behind he brought them back. Avery had all 14 points for Westside in the first quarter. He is very good at shooting off the dribble. Scholarships should be coming his way!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas