• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4a Region and State tournament Hosts(Brackets)

Started by HorseFeathers, January 11, 2018, 03:30:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedWolf275

Congrats to the Bearcats! 10 minute drive for me!!

CTEPirateFan

South - Monticello
East - Lonoke
North - Berryville

Bbal789

Brookland has an incredibly nice gym like a college gym. Brookland is anticipating a state title run and now have the home court advantage. Coach Bobby Goss knows that this years Brookland team can win the state championship and it was clever of him to get home court advantage. Brookland is arguably the toughest team to play because of how hard they play on defense and how disciplined they are. Glad the tournament is at such an amazing facility.

NEA Razorback olfan

January 11, 2018, 08:29:32 pm #4 Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:45:37 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Bbal789 on January 11, 2018, 08:05:47 pm
Brookland has an incredibly nice gym like a college gym. Brookland is anticipating a state title run and now have the home court advantage. Coach Bobby Goss knows that this years Brookland team can win the state championship and it was clever of him to get home court advantage. Brookland is arguably the toughest team to play because of how hard they play on defense and how disciplined they are. Glad the tournament is at such an amazing facility.

Thank you, we will do the best we can to make this a great State Tourney experience.
Hopefully we can make a State run, Westside will definitely be there Imo. Jonesboro is ten Min away with plenty of Hotels and Restaurants!!

NEA Razorback olfan

January 11, 2018, 08:38:25 pm #5 Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:40:00 pm by NEA Razorback olfan

Bbal789

NEA Razorback olfan

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 11, 2018, 09:42:47 pm
Definitely the best place the state tournament could have been held

Nah, Lonoke would've been better. Much more central location and a great arena.

Greatdane6

They had state there in 2014and yes it is a very nice gym

OrangeCrush.

Agreed. Lonoke is one of my favorite gyms I've been too.

SUGARTOWN

I wish the folks at Stuttgart would get their head out of their rear and build a new gym.

They had plans for one with the previous Supt., but he's no longer there. Not sure the new Supt. is on board for a new gym yet. There's no reason Stuttgart should be playing in a 40 year old gym. It was fine when I played there 30 years ago, but the town is missing out on a lot of $$$ from tourneys and such. There are several new eating establishments in the town, a new Hilton brand hotel...it's a shame they can't get a regional or state tourney there.

Greatdane6

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 06, 2018, 05:33:20 pm
I wish the folks at Stuttgart would get their head out of their rear and build a new gym.

They had plans for one with the previous Supt., but he's no longer there. Not sure the new Supt. is on board for a new gym yet. There's no reason Stuttgart should be playing in a 40 year old gym. It was fine when I played there 30 years ago, but the town is missing out on a lot of $$$ from tourneys and such. There are several new eating establishments in the town, a new Hilton brand hotel...it's a shame they can't get a regional or state tourney there.

Preach my brother crap and warren too their gym is worst for a 4a school

Rabhog

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 06, 2018, 05:33:20 pm

You got that right Sugar keep it up your not beating your head on a wall they will come around like they did here in Lonoke and then it will be their idea and you will have a new gym

nomorewhining

Quote from: Greatdane6 on February 10, 2018, 03:05:41 pm

Worse than Dollarway?

Greatdane6

Quote from: nomorewhining on February 13, 2018, 07:16:56 am
Worse than Dollarway?
dang well I'm that case Dollarway is the worst then lol we'll all of the gym in Jefferson county is not up to par Dollarway is the worst

BigGuy22

Pea Ridge needs to hurry and build there new arena after this most recent millage. A really nice arena, is kind of similar to Prairie Grove. It just sucks that these kids have to travel 5 hours to Brookland when they make it to the State Tourney. A lot of late nights and missing class for these kids. Has to be tough for them. And any other teams that have to make some drives.

LRRandy

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 15, 2018, 01:33:09 pm
Pea Ridge needs to hurry and build there new arena after this most recent millage. A really nice arena, is kind of similar to Prairie Grove. It just sucks that these kids have to travel 5 hours to Brookland when they make it to the State Tourney. A lot of late nights and missing class for these kids. Has to be tough for them. And any other teams that have to make some drives.
that's why state should be Ina central Arkansas gym every year. Region, I understand. State needs to be central.

Gray lizard

Pea Ridge is not a central location.  They got to drive to PG a couple years ago. And Pea Ridge will be moving up in classification in the near future.
Some of the central schools need to up grade gyms.  Pottsville put in a bid using Russellvile's gym.

LRRandy

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 15, 2018, 02:48:57 pm
Pea Ridge is not a central location.  They got to drive to PG a couple years ago. And Pea Ridge will be moving up in classification in the near future.
Some of the central schools need to up grade gyms.  Pottsville put in a bid using Russellvile's gym.
you are right about upgrading the gyms. I understand Pea Ridge isn't centrally located. I was just making the statement that for the fairness to everyone year over year having the state tournament in central Arkansas would be best.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: LRRandy on February 15, 2018, 03:04:18 pm
you are right about upgrading the gyms. I understand Pea Ridge isn't centrally located. I was just making the statement that for the fairness to everyone year over year having the state tournament in central Arkansas would be best.
Do you or anyone know of the benefits of hosting state, other then your team doesn't have to travel? Like is there money in hosting, because I thought you actually lost money in hosting.

BigGuy22

I was thinking more on the lines of regionals not state. And im pretty sure there is some good money involved in hosting state tourneys

Gray lizard

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 15, 2018, 05:31:14 pm
Do you or anyone know of the benefits of hosting state, other then your team doesn't have to travel? Like is there money in hosting, because I thought you actually lost money in hosting.
I do not know the details to the finances.  I figure AAA takes a good bit of the ticket sales.  I know I have spent money on motels, eating out, and several of those $2 pops.  At a regional you bring in 8 teams girls and boys.  4 teams go home after one loss.  They also split the games into two sessions.  You have to pay each time.  I know at PG one year the boys and girls played in separate sessions so I got to pay twice in one day.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Warren's is bad. Floor and goals are nice but seating, restrooms and concessions are horrible.  Up to two years ago, the visiting boys had to walk through the middle of Warren locker room to get to their locker room. Finally after campaigning for over a year, I helped talk administration into turning the old kitchen into the visiting boys locker room. That would never happen with football or baseball in Warren but was ok for basketball.

Sportshawk

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 15, 2018, 02:48:57 pm
While you have some good points to make about travel, it isn't likely Pea Ridge will be moving up classificationwise any time soon.  They were close to 5A until the new rules pushed the smallest sixteen 5A schools down into 4A next year.  We will be a middle of the pack 4A team as far as enrollment is concerned next year.  We will likely be 5A in football in 2020.  Lots of house building going on in the Ridge, so maybe in six years?  Of course, the AAA may slice and dice the classes again. Meanwhile, there will be a very nice basketball facility built here next year.

AirWarren

Our gym was embarrassing in 1999. And that was 19 years ago.......

Gray lizard

Quote from: Sportshawk on February 19, 2018, 06:56:02 pm
  While you have some good points to make about travel, it isn't likely Pea Ridge will be moving up classificationwise any time soon.  They were close to 5A until the new rules pushed the smallest sixteen 5A schools down into 4A next year.  We will be a middle of the pack 4A team as far as enrollment is concerned next year.  We will likely be 5A in football in 2020.  Lots of house building going on in the Ridge, so maybe in six years?  Of course, the AAA may slice and dice the classes again. Meanwhile, there will be a very nice basketball facility built here next year.
You are right I forgot about that lower 5A move in all other sports.  How will the new gym compare to PG's gym. It is nice and big enough to hold regional and state.

prHOG13

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 20, 2018, 09:00:20 am
You are right I forgot about that lower 5A move in all other sports.  How will the new gym compare to PG's gym. It is nice and big enough to hold regional and state.
Here's a rendering:

miamiskeeter

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on February 17, 2018, 10:08:29 am
Warren's is bad. Floor and goals are nice but seating, restrooms and concessions are horrible.  Up to two years ago, the visiting boys had to walk through the middle of Warren locker room to get to their locker room. Finally after campaigning for over a year, I helped talk administration into turning the old kitchen into the visiting boys locker room. That would never happen with football or baseball in Warren but was ok for basketball.

Do you have any idea how many hours were put into the baseball field by dads and volunteers? Money that was spent that was personal money, not school money? So before you throw baseball into the equation, step back and consider that you may not know what you are talking about!

beach bum

February 27, 2018, 02:18:42 pm #31 Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:22:17 pm by beach bum
Quote from: miamiskeeter on February 27, 2018, 02:07:53 pm

Do you have any idea how many hours were put into the baseball field by dads and volunteers? Money that was spent that was personal money, not school money? So before you throw baseball into the equation, step back and consider that you may not know what you are talking about!

There is also a difference in letting non school employees work on a baseball field compared to making a gym a lot better. It's not like parents of kids on a basketball team can just strut into a gym and start doing construction work to make a gym look better so I don't even get the point you are trying to make? Like the baseball dad's care more? They can care more because they are allowed to based upon the circumstances of the equipment and playing surface they play on. What are the basketball parents supposed to do? Buy a new gym with their own money? Or repair the bathroom with their own money? That costs a lot more than buying a couple bats for the team or making sure the infield looks nice and the grass is nice.

Gray lizard

I know Berryville bid 95% of the gate to host the North Region.  That is a shameful of the AAA.  I think they also had to pay the ref crews.
I see now why people say AAA is money hungry.

miamiskeeter

Quote from: beach bum on February 27, 2018, 02:18:42 pm
There is also a difference in letting non school employees work on a baseball field compared to making a gym a lot better. It's not like parents of kids on a basketball team can just strut into a gym and start doing construction work to make a gym look better so I don't even get the point you are trying to make? Like the baseball dad's care more? They can care more because they are allowed to based upon the circumstances of the equipment and playing surface they play on. What are the basketball parents supposed to do? Buy a new gym with their own money? Or repair the bathroom with their own money? That costs a lot more than buying a couple bats for the team or making sure the infield looks nice and the grass is nice.

I totally agree with you on all that. This was pointed towards the fact that he acted like the school only takes care of football & baseball. You are exactly right on all your points.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

What does a facility that's outdated have to do with volunteering? I know how much time goes into helping out sports programs. I've spent hours upon hours donating time, but Warren still needs a new gym. How would your head coach deal with the opposing team walking through the middle of your locker room while he's giving his pre game speech? Apparently, you don't know how things work in my small town, because that would NEVER happen for football OR baseball.

Lumberjackfan1978

i figure he knows what he's talking about

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas