• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Doakes makes his debut tonight for the Jacksonville Titans

Started by BirdCall, January 02, 2018, 11:44:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BirdCall

Arguably a top 5 player in the state no matter class I am sure he will put on a show tonight against JA Fair.

Bbal789

Having Doakes could make Jacksonville a team that could knock off Jonesboro in my opinion.

BirdCall

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 02, 2018, 03:40:31 pm
Having Doakes could make Jacksonville a team that could knock off Jonesboro in my opinion.
Jonesboro is in the 6A.....With adding Doakes it puts them at the top of the 5A with Mills, Parkview, Nettleton and LRCA

Bbal789

Quote from: BirdCall on January 02, 2018, 07:56:54 pm
Jonesboro is in the 6A.....With adding Doakes it puts them at the top of the 5A with Mills, Parkview, Nettleton and LRCA

Yes, Jonesboro is in 6a... and so is Jacksonville

OB11

I'm not sure Jonesboro is the team to beat in the 6A this year. They lost by about 15 to West Memphis last night and have Marion Friday. They are reeling but I'm sure Swift will have them ready to go by tournament time, just having a bad stretch right now.

Ctucker

Quote from: BirdCall on January 02, 2018, 07:56:54 pm
Jacksoville is 6a too!

Neckred

Quote from: Ctucker on January 03, 2018, 12:53:07 pm
Jacksoville is 6a too!
Saw Jacksonville play in Fort Smith tourney.  Not that impressed.  No prayer of beating Jonesboro

BirdCall

Yea my mistake on that 6A/5A thing but that Jacksonville team at the coke classic is a way better team once Doakes starts getting into rhythm. I see they loss to JA Fair and Doakes only had 6 points so i don't know what the deal was there. West Memphis beat Jonesboro by 15 as well and Chris Moore had 23 points and 12 rebounds so they are the top dogs in my eyes in the 6A right now. 

OB11

Quote from: BirdCall on January 03, 2018, 01:15:59 pm
Yea my mistake on that 6A/5A thing but that Jacksonville team at the coke classic is a way better team once Doakes starts getting into rhythm. I see they loss to JA Fair and Doakes only had 6 points so i don't know what the deal was there. West Memphis beat Jonesboro by 15 as well and Chris Moore had 23 points and 12 rebounds so they are the top dogs in my eyes in the 6A right now.

I'd agree with WM probably being on top right now.

Bbal789

Quote from: BirdCall on January 03, 2018, 01:15:59 pm

First game back he will find his rhythm. Gerald Doakes can really play and I really hope the Hogs can land him

BirdCall

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 03, 2018, 01:41:22 pm
First game back he will find his rhythm. Gerald Doakes can really play and I really hope the Hogs can land him
Arkansas will have a chance but I got feeling he will follow like Monk did and go to Kentucky once he gets that offer. Monk is a big role model to him and they kinda have the same game and build when Monk was this age. The only way Arkansas gets Doakes is if they offer Chris Moore and Devonte Davis his Wings Elite teammates so they can all play together in college.

bbfb2016

Because that worked out so well with Reggie Perry why not do it again.

Ctucker

Quote from: BirdCall on January 03, 2018, 08:18:58 pm
Arkansas will have a chance but I got feeling he will follow like Monk did and go to Kentucky once he gets that offer. Monk is a big role model to him and they kinda have the same game and build when Monk was this age. The only way Arkansas gets Doakes is if they offer Chris Moore and Devonte Davis his Wings Elite teammates so they can all play together in college.
I hope you don't think Kentucky is going to offer all 3

BirdCall

Quote from: Ctucker on January 03, 2018, 08:46:32 pm
I hope you don't think Kentucky is going to offer all 3
No Kentucky prolly won't offer all 3 but I am sure Arkansas will. If Chris Moore grows a couple more inches to 6'8 because he is already a monster in the paint at 6'5-6'6/ double double threat every game or if expands his game to the 3 point line he might get the Kentucky offer. Devonte Davis will get the offer if he continues to run the Wings elite team at the PG spot like the 31-5 record they had this year in the summer and was ranked top 5 in 15U overall in the nation. Devo can score on all levels, create for his teammates, and also defend being so long and athletic. So I wouldn't sleep on these 3 at all. Offers will be jumping off the walls just to see these guys AAU games this summer.

Ctucker

I hope they all get big time D1 offers but if a kid says I only go there if you take these other 2 I wouldn't even recruit him. But that being said I hope they are not one and done I think monk is figuring out he wasn't ready!

Neckred

Quote from: BirdCall on January 03, 2018, 11:00:36 pm
No Kentucky prolly won't offer all 3 but I am sure Arkansas will. If Chris Moore grows a couple more inches to 6'8 because he is already a monster in the paint at 6'5-6'6/ double double threat every game or if expands his game to the 3 point line he might get the Kentucky offer. Devonte Davis will get the offer if he continues to run the Wings elite team at the PG spot like the 31-5 record they had this year in the summer and was ranked top 5 in 15U overall in the nation. Devo can score on all levels, create for his teammates, and also defend being so long and athletic. So I wouldn't sleep on these 3 at all. Offers will be jumping off the walls just to see these guys AAU games this summer.
I think Moore will be a solid player in college but not a star.  He's a tweener and I don't think he will grow anymore because he had facial hair last year when I saw him play and has been physically more mature then most kids for a while now.  If Hogs haven't offered him I'm sure that is why. 

BirdCall

Quote from: Ctucker on January 04, 2018, 06:28:59 am
I hope they all get big time D1 offers but if a kid says I only go there if you take these other 2 I wouldn't even recruit him. But that being said I hope they are not one and done I think monk is figuring out he wasn't ready!
How can you say Monk isn't ready he is clearly the best shooter on his team and what can you do with 5-15 minutes a game with a short leash at that? He has scored 20 point games in the NBA already and went to the G League for 1 game scored 28 and they called him right back up. The thing is some teams in the NBA like to play veteran players instead of giving the young players the tie they deserve. Micheal Kidd Gilchrist and Batum should not be starting in the NBA no more but they are for some odd reason. Dwayne Bacon and Monk should be starting but they will have to wait there turn I guess. You are wild to say he wasn't ready.If he played for one of these super young teams like the Lakers he would be going crazy with the buckets right now.

Neckred

Quote from: BirdCall on January 05, 2018, 12:56:51 pm
How can you say Monk isn't ready he is clearly the best shooter on his team and what can you do with 5-15 minutes a game with a short leash at that? He has scored 20 point games in the NBA already and went to the G League for 1 game scored 28 and they called him right back up. The thing is some teams in the NBA like to play veteran players instead of giving the young players the tie they deserve. Micheal Kidd Gilchrist and Batum should not be starting in the NBA no more but they are for some odd reason. Dwayne Bacon and Monk should be starting but they will have to wait there turn I guess. You are wild to say he wasn't ready.If he played for one of these super young teams like the Lakers he would be going crazy with the buckets right now.
I guess you don't watch much basketball.  Monk has been truly awful.  Best shooter on his team>??  Laughable.  He's shooting 34% from the field!  Get a clue man

Bbal789

Quote from: BirdCall on January 05, 2018, 12:56:51 pm

The reason Malik Monk isn't playing is because he is playing absolutely terrible. No passion, no desire and extremely lazy. Just like the 7a championship game against Cabot where he went 0-13 from three. Malik Monk has the abilities and the skills but has absolutely no desire and work ethic.

Ctucker

Birdcall I should have quit responding to you the first time I figured out you knew nothing! But I didn't my fault! But the NBA does not care one bit how young you are! If you think any different you have really lost your mind!

BirdCall

Sound like a bunch of haters to me and to talk about his work ethic is crazy....So why isn't Dwayne Bacon getting minutes anymore since Batum and Gilchrist came back? If you say they are better than him you are out your mind simple as that.

BirdCall

Quote from: Neckred on January 05, 2018, 01:54:03 pm
I guess you don't watch much basketball.  Monk has been truly awful.  Best shooter on his team>??  Laughable.  He's shooting 34% from the field!  Get a clue man
when he gets in the game is it not his job to score the ball I mean you can't be on every night and when in the back of your mind you can be taken out for any little mistake or if your not making any shots your confidence and percentage usually tend to take a hit just saying. He is a rookie right now but watch if not at the end of this year next year you will see him ball out.

Ctucker

Not a hater I can just see he wasn't ready! He is not a point guard and not strong enough to be 2 guard in NBA!

Bbal789

Quote from: BirdCall on January 05, 2018, 07:28:58 pm
Sound like a bunch of haters to me and to talk about his work ethic is crazy....So why isn't Dwayne Bacon getting minutes anymore since Batum and Gilchrist came back? If you say they are better than him you are out your mind simple as that.

Not a Monk hater at all but its dumb of you to think that they aren't playing because they are rookies. You really think thats how NBA teams think? All the good rookies who contribute to their team and show a desire to win play. They draft players so they can play immediately if they are good enough. Monk in my opinion is good enough he just doesn't try or care. Monk just sits on the bench and calls the NBA boring. Explain what happened in the 7a state championship game. Monk is an incredible three point shooter no one can argue that. Malik Monk himself with his lazy style of play lost that game. 0-13 from shooting, to me it was his fault not a bad shooting game at all. And don't tell me he was already going to Kentucky so it doesn't matter. Thats where I see the flaw in Malik Monk's work ethic and I don't think thats crazy. Extremely skilled and talented and extremely lazy.

Bbal789

Quote from: BirdCall on January 05, 2018, 07:33:26 pm
when he gets in the game is it not his job to score the ball I mean you can't be on every night and when in the back of your mind you can be taken out for any little mistake or if your not making any shots your confidence and percentage usually tend to take a hit just saying. He is a rookie right now but watch if not at the end of this year next year you will see him ball out.

I really hope he does because Malik Monk is the best representation of Arkansas we have out there. Been a fan of him since I saw him playing at East Poinsett County and everyone knew he was special. Malik is an explosive scorer and I still do believe once he gets his mindset straight he will be a great NBA player.

BirdCall

Doakes has 21 points tonight Sylvan Hills with the W. Looks like he is finding his way back.

Neckred

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 05, 2018, 08:28:38 pm
I really hope he does because Malik Monk is the best representation of Arkansas we have out there. Been a fan of him since I saw him playing at East Poinsett County and everyone knew he was special. Malik is an explosive scorer and I still do believe once he gets his mindset straight he will be a great NBA player.
Uh no Joe Johnson and Portis are way better

BigLion10

Neckred

Yea I watched Monk a lot in HS and saw him have some very bad games including an egg vs Cabot in the state finals.  One of the most inconsistent shooters I've ever seen and plays no defense. 

Rayburn

Malik Monk in no way represents Arkansas except in the minds of a few people from here. He went to Kentucky. He is a Wildcat. Every NBA fan in the nation outside the boundaries of this state sees him as a representative of Kentucky.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas