• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia HFC

Started by Pat Swilling, November 29, 2017, 08:47:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Thanks for that info, AT - and if I am reading correctly, another big benefit Coach Gunter will bring is his youth.  This job is not going to be easy in the early going because there is a lot to do, but having a coach nearer to them in age can only help.  It will be interesting to see what changes are coming as Coach Gunter gets going. 

And now for the most important question of all AT - is Coach Gunter a track coach?   ;D

AT

Haha, no he is not.

You guys don't need any more help there anyways ;)

InYoGrill

Nice endorsement Trackster. Knowing Gunter already knows the conference's D tendencies and being the schemer he is this should give V a heads up going into next season. I know the folks with the booster club and they are all about taking the program to the next level. If he will synergize with them and get the kids to buy into Spring ball and offseason then I see V tremendously improving their competitiveness next year. May not see more than5-6 wins on the scoreboard but a big step forward in rebuilding the program to eventually being a half decent contender for the top half of the conference.

RabidWolf

Mayflower baseball Twitter account says Mayflowers head coach is the new HFC for the eagles?

RabidWolf

check it. Just saw the other thread. Sorry!

AT

I'm just glad, and I think many Alma fans are too, including Coach Gunter, that Vilonia found a good coach. I'd hate if they got stuck with someone they didn't want after that.

I'll be rooting for Vilonia in the future except when playing Alma. Big fan of Coach Langrells.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 17, 2018, 10:20:14 pm
I'm just glad, and I think many Alma fans are too, including Coach Gunter, that Vilonia found a good coach. I'd hate if they got stuck with someone they didn't want after that.

I'll be rooting for Vilonia in the future except when playing Alma. Big fan of Coach Langrells.

Awe nice comment Trackster, I will officially move you ahead of Posty on my fav conference poster board. Blue is always at the bottom of that fav list.

Chief_Osceola™

Sounds like a good hire for the Eagles.  I wish y'all the best of luck going forward.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 18, 2018, 10:47:28 am
Sounds like a good hire for the Eagles.  I wish y'all the best of luck going forward.

We will see RD1 next season.  :o

incogneto

Quote from: incogneto on January 09, 2018, 04:49:58 pmWhat is a crying shame is Vilonia could be whatever a coach wanted to make of it.  There are some tough hard nosed kids that play there.  There is no reason they cannot be Greenwood type school. 
Still think this is true. 

InYoGrill

Quote from: incogneto on September 27, 2021, 04:25:48 pmStill think this is true. 

I think you are onto something Incogneto.  ;D  Hard nosed YES. This team seems to have quite a bit of football athleticism as well. Especially considering 30+ something SR's that have played together since JR High days. My oldest son's SR year was 2011 and we had size, about 25 or so SR's, and a lot of athleticism as well BUT those things just didn't play to our strengths in the old double wing. Many years that was the best O for the type of classes that came through V but every 5 years or so it seems there is a really big and athletic SR class that has played together for many years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas