• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Predictions Week 12

Started by stuck in between, November 13, 2017, 02:40:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

With the exception of the 2A-3 who slipped a fourth team in the 7-2A fared as well as the other conferences in the first round of the playoffs by having three teams advance. Mountain Pine's Cinderella season ended after they dropped their third in a row in a one-point loss to Palestine-Wheatley. To make it past the first round, you must play defense. The Red Devil's not doing so caught up with them as the season went on and eventually led to an early departure. Spring Hill ended their sub .500 season on a sour note as well after traveling to Marked Tree to be sent back home sporting a well whipped tail. This leaves Mount Ida, Foreman, and Mineral Springs to represent the conference in round two.

Mount Ida Vs. Marked Tree – The Lions did as most expected and cruised by Des Arc 45-0 to push their win streak to 18. Ida's incredibly stingy defense is only allowing 6.8 points per game while their Split Back Veer rushing attack is leading the classification in points scored with a total of 486. Marked Tree improved their record to 8-2 after handling fellow conference member Spring Hill without much resistance. This will be their first trip past round one since 2008. Sadly, for them they are paired up with one of the best teams in the state this week. When the game is over Mount Ida will still be untested going into week 13.  The Lions win this one by 21.

Foreman Vs. Bearden – The Gators posted their fourth shutout of the season last week defeating Clarendon 52-0 and moving to 9-1. Foreman has been no stranger to the end zone this year averaging 45.5 points per game. They have been equally as impressive on defense only giving up 10.7. After a first round upset of McCrory the 7-4 Bears are finally healthy and playing better than they have all season. Bearden played one of the toughest regular season schedules in 2-A having to face CHG, Rison, Hampton, and 3-A Junction City taking their lumps along the way proved helpful last week. Will they be able to withstand another long bus ride and not experience a letdown after last week's upset? It's going to be tough to play up the underdog role two weeks in a row. If the Gators don't give up a big play on special teams I think they take this one by 14.

Earle Vs. Mineral Springs – The Hornets walked out of Hampton last week with a four-point victory and proved to the state that Hampton had in fact been overrated most of the year. After a slow start Coach Bennett is finally giving the Mineral Springs faithful what they are paying for and that is a winning football team with the Hornets winning five of their last six. Earle enjoyed a week off now will they be able to remain focused on a championship run or did that week off cause their attention to be diverted to round ball. We will have to see.  After a week one loss the Bull Dogs have went on to roll up 463 points in just nine games while only allowing 88. I'm afraid for the Hornets this Bull Dog has a much bigger bite than last weeks. I'll take Earle by 24. 

COACH-Mike

Quote from: stuck in between on November 13, 2017, 02:40:20 pm
With the exception of the 2A-3 who slipped a fourth team in the 7-2A fared as well as the other conferences in the first round of the playoffs by having three teams advance. Mountain Pine’s Cinderella season ended after they dropped their third in a row in a one-point loss to Palestine-Wheatley. To make it past the first round, you must play defense. The Red Devil’s not doing so caught up with them as the season went on and eventually led to an early departure. Spring Hill ended their sub .500 season on a sour note as well after traveling to Marked Tree to be sent back home sporting a well whipped tail. This leaves Mount Ida, Foreman, and Mineral Springs to represent the conference in round two.

Mount Ida Vs. Marked Tree – The Lions did as most expected and cruised by Des Arc 45-0 to push their win streak to 18. Ida’s incredibly stingy defense is only allowing 6.8 points per game while their Split Back Veer rushing attack is leading the classification in points scored with a total of 486. Marked Tree improved their record to 8-2 after handling fellow conference member Spring Hill without much resistance. This will be their first trip past round one since 2008. Sadly, for them they are paired up with one of the best teams in the state this week. When the game is over Mount Ida will still be untested going into week 13.  The Lions win this one by 21.

Foreman Vs. Bearden – The Gators posted their fourth shutout of the season last week defeating Clarendon 52-0 and moving to 9-1. Foreman has been no stranger to the end zone this year averaging 45.5 points per game. They have been equally as impressive on defense only giving up 10.7. After a first round upset of McCrory the 7-4 Bears are finally healthy and playing better than they have all season. Bearden played one of the toughest regular season schedules in 2-A having to face CHG, Rison, Hampton, and 3-A Junction City taking their lumps along the way proved helpful last week. Will they be able to withstand another long bus ride and not experience a letdown after last week’s upset? It’s going to be tough to play up the underdog role two weeks in a row. If the Gators don’t give up a big play on special teams I think they take this one by 14.

Earle Vs. Mineral Springs – The Hornets walked out of Hampton last week with a four-point victory and proved to the state that Hampton had in fact been overrated most of the year. After a slow start Coach Bennett is finally giving the Mineral Springs faithful what they are paying for and that is a winning football team with the Hornets winning five of their last six. Earle enjoyed a week off now will they be able to remain focused on a championship run or did that week off cause their attention to be diverted to round ball. We will have to see.  After a week one loss the Bull Dogs have went on to roll up 463 points in just nine games while only allowing 88. I’m afraid for the Hornets this Bull Dog has a much bigger bite than last weeks. I’ll take Earle by 24. 

Go ahead and Edit this post.  Pick Mineral.  Earl is not going to beat us.  Hully Gully football will not get it done this week. Bennett will own the Bulldogs in this one.  Go ahead and trust me on this one and lets sweep this week with 2A 7.

hornets23byers

Hampton wasn't overrated they are good

bear for life

Your wrong Bearden coming Friday night Foreman finna get some hard hitting bears Foreman is not tested and if they can't cover the field they secondary will be exposed big

COACH-Mike

Quote from: bear for life on November 13, 2017, 03:11:45 pm
Your wrong Bearden coming Friday night Foreman finna get some hard hitting bears Foreman is not tested and if they can't cover the field they secondary will be exposed big
Batey will make you pay if you throw.

bear for life

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: COACH-Mike on November 13, 2017, 03:53:24 pm
Batey will make you pay if you throw.

If you load the Box,  Berry will make you pay. The Gators are not prepared for the physical level of play on defense, that is coming at them Friday night. All of the backfield for McCrory was limping before half, they say their top running back was in tears.

bear for life

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on November 13, 2017, 04:23:55 pm
If you load the Box,  Berry will make you pay. The Gators are not prepared for the physical level of play on defense, that is coming at them Friday night. All of the backfield for McCrory was limping before half, they say their top running back was in tears.
I'm telling you foreman don't match up they hasn't been tested

Backwoods Bart

if you don't load the Box, you will be chasing him all night.
That's the conundrum.GO BEARS!

couch-coach06

Don't have too load the box ... I would put our d line up against

couch-coach06

And Its gona be real funny when y'all get hit in the mouth ... Our defense is as physical as anyone's everyone of them love too hit .. your not gona be a darn bit more physical than we are..

couch-coach06

Plus you have too stop our offense which want be as easy as you seem too think

Backwoods Bart

Now I'm having McCrory poster flashback from a week ago. They were a spirited Bunch too!

couch-coach06

McCrory is nothing like this team .. we match up way better it's obvious if you watch the film ..

bear for life

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 13, 2017, 04:54:27 pm
McCrory is nothing like this team .. we match up way better it's obvious if you watch the film ..
ain't you from mineral ?

hornets23byers

Naw he ain't from mineral but foreman will send you home lol

couch-coach06

Quote from: bear for life on November 13, 2017, 05:00:34 pm
ain't you from mineral ?

I'm from foreman.  . And you know dang well our team speed is far superior too McCrory ...

bear for life

Quote from: hornets23byers on November 13, 2017, 05:02:15 pm
Naw he ain't from mineral but foreman will send you home lol
might will but  Earle will send u back to south Arkansas early

bear for life

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 13, 2017, 05:11:23 pm
I'm from foreman.  . And you know dang well our team speed is far superior too McCrory ...
foreman had the fastest guy in state the last time we played Yall if I'm not mistaken u got beat by 40

couch-coach06

Yea and that bearden team was alot better than the one this year ... Is that even debatable

bear for life

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 13, 2017, 05:14:57 pm
Yea and that bearden team was alot better than the one this year ... Is that even debatable
what make u think u will beat Bearden ?

couch-coach06

I think it will be a good game but I think our D is better than yours and if we can get a couple of stops we will win ... Just my opinion.  I think our team is very good ... Not saying yours is not

brown2010

Backwards bart your full of it.

brown2010

6 turnovers got u the win. Bearden played hard and won on scoreboard but u didnt stop #7. 368 yds. We were in trouble when qb got hurt quick and couldnt play D.

bear for life

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 13, 2017, 05:18:14 pm
I think it will be a good game but I think our D is better than yours and if we can get a couple of stops we will win ... Just my opinion.  I think our team is very good ... Not saying yours is not
I see get what u saying but all honesty this will be and offensive game both offense will score but the turnovers penalties will decide the last factor

bear for life

Quote from: brown2010 on November 13, 2017, 05:21:23 pm
6 turnovers got u the win. Bearden played hard and won on scoreboard but u didnt stop #7. 368 yds. We were in trouble when qb got hurt quick and couldnt play D.
but you didn't stop our # 6 at all he scored whenever 

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: bear for life on November 13, 2017, 05:11:52 pm
might will but  Earle will send u back to south Arkansas early

That's a good one!

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: brown2010 on November 13, 2017, 05:21:23 pm

Your "#7" is a good RB. he had many touches that looked good, but he had numerous ones that did not move the chains due to the Bears swarming to the ball. That is why you lost.
You ran him until he dropped! Your fumbles were from the defensive line's pressure. Thats all......

stuck in between

Quote from: bear for life on November 13, 2017, 05:16:05 pm
what make u think u will beat Bearden ?
Can't speak for Couch Coach, but a loss to Hampton and a one point win against Parkers Chapel is a start for me. Couple that with the fact that the Bears have given up 19 more points than they have forced.

Eslim03

I think you got all the winners right this week. Other than Foreman winning the only thing that would make me as happy is to see the Mineral Springs Hornet pull the upset of the playoffs in Earle. The Mt. Ida game is a forgone conclusion it is like will the sun come up in the morning.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 13, 2017, 10:44:42 pm
I think you got all the winners right this week. Other than Foreman winning the only thing that would make me as happy is to see the Mineral Springs Hornet pull the upset of the playoffs in Earle. The Mt. Ida game is a forgone conclusion it is like will the sun come up in the morning.
We are going to WIN put it on the board Charlie.

The Beast Of 08

Berry is one heck of a player...probably a top 3 QB in 2A. But Bearden has struggles a few times offensively this year.

big E

PW would love for mineral springs to win to. If we can pull out another win and mineral upsets Earle we would be back home next week again.

Hornetdawg2017

Mineral springs would love if Salem wins then ms would be home next week.

stuck in between

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas