• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2nd Round - Nashville @ Booneville

Started by ~WPS~, November 10, 2017, 09:18:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Shelf

Top Shelf

Blue Mountain Lake- 20
Lake Lottahockey (with Ashdown Island)- 44

Top Shelf

State Tuberculosis Sanatorium- 20
Howard Memorial (on Leslie st)- 44

Untimeddown

Orange Sweatervests           42
No shave November              20

Top Shelf

Untimeddown

Day old chicks             42
Post Oak kindling          20

nastynice

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 13, 2017, 09:28:39 am
2007 2nd round- Scrap win big 56-7 on their way to 3rd consecutive title
it was 55-14

Lizard47

I will of course be in the rock supporting the Lizards. Shame to have to miss this one, take it to em Cats.

Untimeddown

Ceranto's Waking boarding boat           42
Hole in my flat-bottom                        20

Sorry, 07 reference

Untimeddown

Strange but familiar smells             42

Milk jug crack fires                          20

Gray lizard

Bville           35
Nville           20

Rugman15

Anyone who thinks Nville will win is crazy.

Booneville 52
Nashville 28

That score ring a bell with anyone?

nastynice

polksalet

Less inbred than trashdown 38
Less inbred than trashdown 28

nastynice

How many seniors start on each side of the ball for Nash?

Bigbossman

Good places to eat in Booneville? I will be writing things on the bathroom stalls.

Rugman15

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 13, 2017, 01:35:34 pm
Good places to eat in Booneville? I will be writing things on the bathroom stalls.

McDonalds is popular among the locals...also the gas station has outstanding pizza rolls. 

cuckoobird

Bigbossman's return always means Nashville's demise

OLDSCHOOL82

We don't use stalls.

Rugman15

nastynice

Reid's Bar B Q (really good)
Penjamos Mexico (good)
Taco Bell/KFC
McD
Simple Simons Pizza
Sonic
Subway
Pizza Italia

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: scrapman on November 11, 2017, 11:15:00 am
Nashville has been held to 21 points just 2 times in 3 years. Just something to think about.

I've been thinking about it. 

ABC™

Quote from: nastynice on November 13, 2017, 01:34:22 pm
How many seniors start on each side of the ball for Nash?
6 seniors on offense, 5 of them skill players. 5 on defense, 3 on line and 2 in secondary.  Its a very young team, especially on defense.  I'm not sure if you will see guys go both ways or not, probably will just depend on how the game goes.  Nashville's defense has been playing pretty good as of late.

scrapman

I heard Booneville plays 7 guys both ways. Is this true?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: scrapman on November 13, 2017, 02:23:51 pm
I heard Booneville plays 7 guys both ways. Is this true?

Will have 1-4 seniors on offense at times.  2 min to 3 seniors on d at times. Only a couple play every snap on both sides.  Possibly 4-5 more will roll in and out. Our best o and d would have 7 playing every snap on both sides.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 13, 2017, 02:27:11 pm
Will have 1-4 seniors on offense at times.  2 min to 3 seniors on d at times. Only a couple play every snap on both sides.  Possibly 4-5 more will roll in and out. Our best o and d would have 7 playing every snap on both sides.
Oh you guys are screwed....

OLDSCHOOL82

November 13, 2017, 02:30:41 pm #78 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:32:24 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on November 13, 2017, 02:29:38 pm
Oh you guys are screwed....

Don't worry.  We know we don't stand a chance.  I just hope we can stay on the same field as the scrappers during warmups.  We also aren't 3,000-0-1 in jr high like you guys.  Our school board is contemplating having our AD just forfeit due to the potential insurance claims that will be turned in.  We are a bunch of short, slow, country boys that cant take a hit.

ABC™

Volarvich will wear that defense down pretty quick.  Booneville will have to have long drives on offense if they have a lot going both ways.  I also expect to see Booneville onside kick.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: ABC™ on November 13, 2017, 02:37:34 pm
Volarvich will wear that defense down pretty quick.  Booneville will have to have long drives on offense if they have a lot going both ways.  I also expect to see Booneville onside kick.

Exactly.  Our coach is no match compared to the resume of nash's hc.  We aren't accustomed to long drives or playing both ways so it definitely wont work for us.  We have also kicked on sides at least twice in the last 14.5 years so its pretty much routine and I expect it every time. 

Nevermind..... You guys must not be able to read.  2 play every snap.  another 5 or so will roll in and out on one side or the other.  That's pretty much SOP in south logan and has been for years.  Man coverage takes care of the Nashville O.  Is volarvich gonna go out there and wear the d down him self?  Or maybe just call short dump passes here and there cause that's the only passes the qb can make with accuracy?  Long drives is what we have done for o..say...70 years.  Directional kick...Yes...onside...as needed. 

ABC™

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 13, 2017, 02:44:44 pm
Exactly.  Our coach is no match compared to the resume of nash's hc.  We aren't accustomed to long drives or playing both ways so it definitely wont work for us.  We have also kicked on sides at least twice in the last 14.5 years so its pretty much routine and I expect it every time. 

Nevermind..... You guys must not be able to read.  2 play every snap.  another 5 or so will roll in and out on one side or the other.  That's pretty much SOP in south logan and has been for years.  Man coverage takes care of the Nashville O.  Is volarvich gonna go out there and wear the d down him self?  Or maybe just call short dump passes here and there cause that's the only passes the qb can make with accuracy?  Long drives is what we have done for o..say...70 years.  Directional kick...Yes...onside...as needed.
If Booneville plays man coverage Kight will have 500 yards and 10 TDs by halftime.

Top Shelf

Rugman15

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 13, 2017, 02:44:44 pm

Most Nashville fans fail to realize that the Scrappers struggle with power running games...wonder what Booneville runs again?  Oh yeah a power running game my bad.

Quote from: ABC™ on November 13, 2017, 02:46:13 pm

If Booneville plays man coverage Kight will have 500 yards and 10 TDs by halftime.

Pea Ridge played man last year

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: ABC™ on November 13, 2017, 02:46:13 pm

Is that guaranteed? 

Rugman15

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 13, 2017, 02:48:43 pm
Is that guaranteed?

Playing man coverage, having a power running game, and having a smart coach is the way you beat Nashville.  Which Booneville has all 3...

ABC™

Quote from: Rugman15 on November 13, 2017, 02:47:32 pm
Most Nashville fans fail to realize that the Scrappers struggle with power running games...wonder what Booneville runs again?  Oh yeah a power running game my bad.

Pea Ridge played man last year
Last year.  Nashville didn't have this kind of a passing attack last year. Arkadelphia, who many consider to be one of the best defense in 4A, gave up 300 yards passing playing a man defense in the first half.

ABC™

Rugman15

Quote from: ABC™ on November 13, 2017, 02:49:51 pm
Last year.  Nashville didn't have this kind of a passing attack last year. Arkadelphia, who many consider to be one of the best defense in 4A, gave up 300 yards passing playing a man defense in the first half.

Okay so my next question is how exactly is Nashville all of the sudden going to have a defense that can stop a physical, run based team like Booneville? 

ABC™

Quote from: Rugman15 on November 13, 2017, 02:51:54 pm
Okay so my next question is how exactly is Nashville all of the sudden going to have a defense that can stop a physical, run based team like Booneville?
Better scheme.  They have changed up the way they play power run teams.

Top Shelf

Rugman15

Quote from: ABC™ on November 13, 2017, 02:52:52 pm
Better scheme.  They have changed up the way they play power run teams.

We shall see this Friday then...Booneville is no normal power run team...

cuckoobird

Chicken coup Courier 27
Hillbilly Herald 45

Top Shelf

scrapman

Quote from: Rugman15 on November 13, 2017, 02:51:54 pm
All of a sudden??? Booneville gives up like 25 less yards per game rushing than Nashville.  You may underestimate the run defense.

nastynice

Rugman15

Quote from: scrapman on November 13, 2017, 03:18:00 pm
All of a sudden??? Booneville gives up like 25 less yards per game rushing than Nashville.  You may underestimate the run defense.

I don't think Nashville has faced a run game quite like Booneville yet...

SCRAPYARD

SUGARTOWN

elmerfudd

This is why I only get on here during the playoffs....maybe I'm just easily amused, because it's the same thing every year, but the entertainment is great!! Every year it's a 4a-7 or 4a-8 team saying "Booneville is too short and slow", "Booneville hasn't seen anything yet", "Booneville is no match for (star player)", "Our team can easily shut down the power run. Just look at what we did to (other team)"......and Booneville doesn't win every time this happens, so don't misunderstand me.....but more often than not, Booneville proves them wrong and it's hysterical when it happens. At least it is to me. 

So please, for my own selfish entertainment, keep it up! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas