• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott @ Osceola Round 2

Started by jay nelvin, November 10, 2017, 09:13:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad1324

This is going to be an outstanding match up, not sure who wins, whether Osceola's recent history of short playoff stays plays a factor or that Prescott's tradition can travel. All I know is that if you have a chance to go, you might want to make the trip for this one.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Moose on November 13, 2017, 08:53:08 am
I'm dead serious, Wolves by 20. They will be too much to keep up with in the second half.
I doubt it

KOJACK

Linebacker

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 13, 2017, 10:37:32 am
Things for visiting teams to Osceola to know/expect:

Non paying spectators at the fence harassing players during warmup
Visitors must park in designated lot, and are not allowed on the home side
Parked cars in the end zone shining headlamps in visiting teams face

Other than that, a great place to visit.
If Prescott doesn't turn the ball over it won't matter!

870ARK

Prescott is going to be one of the best team Osceola has had the chance to play behind Rivercrest, and Newport. Osceola isn't the team from recent years though. They have all the talent, coach Hooks has made this a well-oiled machine. It will be a great game no doubt. Osceola has the athletic ability to stay with the Curley Wolves. I pray for safe travels to both teams and an injury free game.

KOJACK

Fatigue could become an issue for Osceola. No doubt they got some players but a lot of them don't come out.

870ARK

You're right about that. It'll be a good game nonetheless

501Arkansas

HeadBussa08

Seen both teams play. Think Prescott wins somewhere in the range of 30-14. Osceola has a solid group. does some things efficiently that can present problems. Winning Tough ball games isn't new for this Prescott Team. I'm glad the Piggott game was a tough one for em they needed it. Good luck and Safe Travels.

DogCatcher

By poster on here Prescott is the best team in the entire state, doesn't matter the class. Osceola made adjustments and took it to the Newport team that just took down the only team to beat Prescott. If Osceola plays like that they win. Newport punched them in the mouth and then Osceola punched back for 41 straight points.  I'll give Hooks the credit for that as Osceola has not been known for comebacks like that in the past. I expect this to be a great game and most likely close.

jay nelvin

Quote from: DogCatcher on November 13, 2017, 07:36:52 pm
By poster on here Prescott is the best team in the entire state, doesn't matter the class. Osceola made adjustments and took it to the Newport team that just took down the only team to beat Prescott. If Osceola plays like that they win. Newport punched them in the mouth and then Osceola punched back for 41 straight points.  I'll give Hooks the credit for that as Osceola has not been known for comebacks like that in the past. I expect this to be a great game and most likely close.
I haven't seen one poster claim Prescott is the best, regardless of class.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 13, 2017, 07:25:21 pm
Seen both teams play. Think Prescott wins somewhere in the range of 30-14. Osceola has a solid group. does some things efficiently that can present problems. Winning Tough ball games isn't new for this Prescott Team. I'm glad the Piggott game was a tough one for em they needed it. Good luck and Safe Travels.

You picked Prescott over Piggott by 40 points, Prescott won by 12 and knew they were in a game. You said Piggott and newport would be playing the best teams they had faced all year long. Osceola beat Piggott by more than 12, Piggott rolled Newport...but newport beat Glen Rose. Your own brand of logic makes no sense. Osceola "skull drugs" Prescott.

flow51

Means absolutely nothing... For a second I thought about just saving my gas money and not going to this game. Sounds like coltfan and his theory had it figured out. But wait, Osceola beat Piggott, which beat Newport, which beat RIVERCREST by 14, which beat Osceola by 3. Again means absolutely nothing. That's why you play the game!!

Paperman

Quote from: flow51 on November 13, 2017, 08:47:48 pm
Means absolutely nothing... For a second I thought about just saving my gas money and not going to this game. Sounds like coltfan and his theory had it figured out. But wait, Osceola beat Piggott, which beat Newport, which beat RIVERCREST by 14, which beat Osceola by 3. Again means absolutely nothing. That's why you play the game!!
I'd save the gas money! osceola by double digits

flow51

Quote from: Paperman on November 13, 2017, 09:06:01 pm

Sorry Paperman you couldn't pay me to miss it...

HeadBussa08

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 13, 2017, 08:20:02 pm
You picked Prescott over Piggott by 40 points, Prescott won by 12 and knew they were in a game. You said Piggott and newport would be playing the best teams they had faced all year long. Osceola beat Piggott by more than 12, Piggott rolled Newport...but newport beat Glen Rose. Your own brand of logic makes no sense. Osceola "skull drugs" Prescott.
and last year Charleston mercy ruled Glen Rose and Centerpoint then got beat by Prescott in the State title. What exactly is your logic? Lol

HeadBussa08

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 13, 2017, 08:20:02 pm
Correction Prescott "Sac Drags" Osceola :)

Linebacker

If Prescott doesn't turn the ball over, and don't throw pick 6's they win easily!

purple ghost 2018

Quote from: Moose on November 13, 2017, 08:48:42 am
Offensively #3, but I really thought #10 was most impressive on D.
I watched the Piggott and Prescott game and #9 is the best offensive player by far - he made a great catch that should have been picked off by Piggott. #3 had a fumble-an interception-many bombs thrown up in the air over receivers head and his run was stopped. #9 will do all he can to make a bad throw turn into a great play - best 3a offensive player.
#10 is the best defensive player - best 3a defensive player. His name is always being callled for great defensive plays.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: flow51 on November 13, 2017, 08:47:48 pm

Reading comprehension problems again. The point was that Piggott and Newport did not play "the best teams they have seen all year". It wasn't even close to the best teams.

Linebacker

Depends on what you call "best teams" everyone has an opinion?? That's why we have the playoffs? In the next few weeks we will find out the best teams?

HeadBussa08

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 13, 2017, 10:17:27 pm
Reading comprehension problems again. The point was that Piggott and Newport did not play "the best teams they have seen all year". It wasn't even close to the best teams.
let me guess....the two best teams Osceola played were Crest and......Blythville? Lol a team who lost to Paragould (1-9) lol your a clown from 3-3a Colt. Congrats on your first time coming to Prescott and not getting Mercy Ruled.

Coltfan2005

ooooh, he's so manly. A clown from 3-3A. Actually, I would say the two best teams Osceola has played have been Rivercrest and Gosnell. Selective reading taught at your Jr. College? Fact is, Prescott had a problem with Piggott. Piggott was a good team in the 3-3A this year. Osceola is a VERY good team in the 3-3A this year.

501Arkansas

Yeah piggott is a darn good ball team out of the 3-3a. Prescott isn't all that. They are good but their not what alot of people say they are. Osceola beat piggott 26-0 prescott beats piggott 30-18. So scoring against prescott will be pretty easy for Osceola. Gosnell and rivercrest games where tough games for Osceola. The blytheville game wasn't so much a tough one for the seminoles they could've easily won that one but did. Prescott lost to Glen Rose? Lol which lost to a 5 seed from 3-3a? Get out of here man lol Osceola is wwwaaayyyy more athletic than piggott in which Prescott struggle against lol Prescott blew everyone out on their schedule. Only tough game they had was glen rose😂😂and i wouldn't even count that one tough 😂😂😂 AGAIN LOST TO A 5 SEED FROM 3-3A. That confs is pretty weak, So don't say Prescott will blow osceola out or even beat osceola. This is prescott "FIRST" tough game of the year. Seminoles win this one

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 14, 2017, 01:11:22 am
Yeah piggott is a darn good ball team out of the 3-3a. Prescott isn't all that. They are good but their not what alot of people say they are. Osceola beat piggott 26-0 prescott beats piggott 30-18. So scoring against prescott will be pretty easy for Osceola. Gosnell and rivercrest games where tough games for Osceola. The blytheville game wasn't so much a tough one for the seminoles they could've easily won that one but didn't. Prescott lost to Glen Rose? Lol which lost to a 5 seed from 3-3a? Get out of here man lol Osceola is wwwaaayyyy more athletic than piggott in which Prescott struggle against lol Prescott blew everyone out on their schedule. Only tough game they had was glen rose😂😂and i wouldn't even count that one tough 😂😂😂 AGAIN LOST TO A 5 SEED FROM 3-3A. That confs is pretty weak, So don't say Prescott will blow osceola out or even beat osceola. This is prescott "FIRST" tough game of the year. Seminoles win this one

Paperman

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 14, 2017, 01:41:19 am
Yeah piggott is a darn good ball team out of the 3-3a. Prescott isn't all that. They are good but their not what alot of people say they are. Osceola beat piggott 26-0 prescott beats piggott 30-18. So scoring against prescott will be pretty easy for Osceola. Gosnell and rivercrest games where tough games for Osceola. The blytheville game wasn't so much a tough one for the seminoles they could've easily won that one but didn't. Prescott lost to Glen Rose? Lol which lost to a 5 seed from 3-3a? Get out of here man lol Osceola is wwwaaayyyy more athletic than piggott in which Prescott struggle against lol Prescott blew everyone out on their schedule. Only tough game they had was glen rose😂😂and i wouldn't even count that one tough 😂😂😂 AGAIN LOST TO A 5 SEED FROM 3-3A. That confs is pretty weak, So don't say Prescott will blow osceola out or even beat osceola. This is prescott "FIRST" tough game of the year. Seminoles win this one
+1

KOJACK

Yeah piggott is a darn good ball team out of the 3-3a. Prescott isn't all that. They are good but their not what alot of people say they are. Osceola beat piggott 26-0 prescott beats piggott 30-18. So scoring against prescott will be pretty easy for Osceola. Gosnell and rivercrest games where tough games for Osceola. The blytheville game wasn't so much a tough one for the seminoles they could've easily won that one but did. Prescott lost to Glen Rose? Lol which lost to a 5 seed from 3-3a? Get out of here man lol Osceola is wwwaaayyyy more athletic than piggott in which Prescott struggle against lol Prescott blew everyone out on their schedule. Only tough game they had was glen rose😂😂and i wouldn't even count that one tough 😂😂😂 AGAIN LOST TO A 5 SEED FROM 3-3A. That confs is pretty weak, So don't say Prescott will blow osceola out or even beat osceola. This is prescott "FIRST" tough game of the year. Seminoles win this one
Lol...we shall see

ISU7

Cal Preps has Osceola by 1
Hootens has Prescott by 7
Should be a dandy.

GrindTime

Quote from: Paperman on November 13, 2017, 09:06:01 pm
lol im predicting a sad night for you friday ???

HeadBussa08

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 14, 2017, 12:20:36 am
ooooh, he's so manly. A clown from 3-3A. Actually, I would say the two best teams Osceola has played have been Rivercrest and Gosnell. Selective reading taught at your Jr. College? Fact is, Prescott had a problem with Piggott. Piggott was a good team in the 3-3A this year. Osceola is a VERY good team in the 3-3A this year.
yea I've had to hear how good the 3-3a is every year lol I can't remember the last time Prescott lost to a 3-3a team. Somebody bring out the history book and let's check these facts lol. Hey colt after Prescott wins this week then you can hop on over to the Rivercrest wagon and talk how nobody can compete with them. You've went from Piggott to Osceola already.

GrindTime

osceola ain't near as physical as piggot and piggot didn't play prescott as close as u think they scored once off a busted coverage and another after prescott turned the ball over on a fumble of course they went for 2 & prescot gave up a saftey on purpose to end the game they knew it was out of reach and didn't care to risk fumbling the ball so pearson ran to the back of the endzone stop making it like prescott just struggled to beat Piggot yeah they should have hung 50 on em but they made mental mistakes its quite simple if prescott doesn't turn the ball over and the defense stands tough until osceola players are gasping for air they win this game CONVINCINGLY

Chicken18

#13 is the best receiver on Prescott's offense. #13 and #9 are both lethal weapons and it will be hard for Osceolas defense to stop these guys.

HeadBussa08

Side Note: aside from the Trash Talking hats off to Piggott. Believe they had 18 starters return from that group last year and gave us a game we needed. We needed a gut check and to face some adversity and have to bow up and put a game away. Sure we made mistakes but that's football. Congrats to the Mohawks.

Moose

November 14, 2017, 09:00:23 am #83 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 09:02:22 am by Moose

There was 3 games between 3-3A & 5-3A last week and the 5-3A won 2 of them.  Just sayin....

mohawk pride

Quote from: GrindTime on November 14, 2017, 08:16:16 am
osceola ain't near as physical as piggot and piggot didn't play prescott as close as u think they scored once off a busted coverage and another after prescott turned the ball over on a fumble of course they went for 2 & prescot gave up a saftey on purpose to end the game they knew it was out of reach and didn't care to risk fumbling the ball so pearson ran to the back of the endzone stop making it like prescott just struggled to beat Piggot yeah they should have hung 50 on em but they made mental mistakes its quite simple if prescott doesn't turn the ball over and the defense stands tough until osceola players are gasping for air they win this game CONVINCINGLY
you have no idea what is coming Friday.  Osceola beat us up when we played them.  Piggott beat Prescott in all phases last Friday night except the scoreboard which I know is what counts.  but hats off to Prescott you have had a good run but your run is done Friday.  Osceola will take you down

501Arkansas

Quote from: GrindTime on November 14, 2017, 08:16:16 am
What you mean Osceola isn't as physical as piggott? Osceola could've blew them out even more tell the coach sit the starters out. Almost half of osceola games the starters didnt play 2nd half. Lol this guy said osceola isn't physical you made my day with that one..They did struggle gave up over 300+ rushing yards lol. This will be a tough and physical game prescott played this season

501Arkansas

Quote from: Moose on November 14, 2017, 09:00:23 am
There was 3 games between 3-3A & 5-3A last week and the 5-3A won 2 of them.  Just sayin....
And the number 1 seed lost to a 5 seed🤢🤧😷🤒🤕🤒. That confs is soft

501Arkansas

Quote from: mohawk pride on November 14, 2017, 09:35:09 am
you have no idea what is coming Friday.  Osceola beat us up when we played them.  Piggott beat Prescott in all phases last Friday night except the scoreboard which I know is what counts.  but hats off to Prescott you have had a good run but your run is done Friday.  Osceola will take you down
Hey mohawk pride this guy doesn't know what he is talking about lol this will NOT be a easy game for prescott

dragondad

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 14, 2017, 09:43:08 am

Perhaps the 1 seed wasn't really 1 seed worthy.  Perhaps the 1 seed just got lucky and caught the true 1 seed on a bad night.  Kind of like how the 3-3A 5 seed caught the 3-3A 1 seed

Oldhound56

Impossible to compare games and common opponents.  Most of the time it comes down to matchups and attitude. 

Newport played completely uninspired against Piggott in their meeting.  One of the worst efforts I have seen in a while from a Newport team.  However, they played very well against Rivercrest and the first half of Osceola.  They made too many mistakes from about the middle of the 2nd quarter on and let Osceola back in the game.  Osceola was good enough to take advantage and I give them all the credit for that. 

Osceola is big and they are physical.  They have athletes all over the field.  The biggest problem they have had is the lack of desire and Coach Hooks seems to have corrected that and has these young men focused. 

It should be a great game and I hope both teams play well.  That was what we saw Friday at Glen Rose and it was one of the best games I have seen in my time as a fan.  Came down to the wire with two good teams playing and that is what I think happens this week with Osceola and Prescott. 

Have to pull for our Conference though and hope the Seminoles pull this one out.  Safe travels Prescott.

GrindTime

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 14, 2017, 09:46:19 am
Hey mohawk pride this guy doesn't know what he is talking about lol this will NOT be a easy game for prescott
Where did I say easy ? I said Prescott will win convincingly but enough talk we shall see Friday bud.

Moose

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 14, 2017, 09:43:08 am

We all know Newport pulled off the upset of the playoffs, by wining a 1 point ball game. Congratulations to them for the victory, they deserve it.  Their special teams were able to get the W for them.  When you say that 5-3A is soft, I say what you talkin bout "Willis"??  Prescott rolls by 20 this Friday.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: mohawk pride on November 14, 2017, 09:35:09 am
Lol! Get 30 hung on ya but won all phases of the game besides the scoreboard. I hear ya Hawk lol

Goose0

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 14, 2017, 10:23:22 am
Lol! Get 30 hung on ya but won all phases of the game besides the scoreboard. I hear ya Hawk lol

The only thing being heard is the sound of basketballs. 

KOJACK

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 14, 2017, 10:23:22 am
You beat me to it HB lol... Get back to class mohawk pride. Good season. Prolly the best back to back season you ever have or ever will have. Still trying to figure out what phases y'all won though  ::)

Untimeddown

He's right Bussa, 30 ain't much for a semi-pro team like Pressact. They making everybody come to practice this week for the walk-thru.

Goose0

Quote from: Untimeddown on November 14, 2017, 10:28:53 am
He's right Bussa, 30 ain't much for a semi-pro team like Pressact. They making everybody come to practice this week for the walk-thru.

So what you are saying is 60 would be better?  ;D

501Arkansas

Quote from: Goose0 on November 14, 2017, 10:41:09 am
So what you are saying is 60 would be better?  ;D
Semi pro team that lost to a glen rose team that lost to a 5 seed 😢😢🤧😔

dragondad

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 14, 2017, 10:45:08 am
Semi pro team that lost to a glen rose team that lost to a 5 seed 😢😢🤧😔

Annnnnd......the Noles lost to a 1 seed that got beat by a 5 seed

KOJACK

You guys crack me up. You can tell it's been a minute since Osceola had some success. Let me say this as clear as I can, you guys have a dang good team. Y'all are impressive all over the field. The semi pro crap and all the other nonsense is obviously a kid talking. I wouldn't think a grown up would say something so ludicrous.  I said I think conditioning could come in to play, it may not but ya'll do have 7 or 8 guys going both ways. Prescott has none. Newport beating Glen rose who beat us has not one ounce of meaning come Friday. Do I think we are gonna win? Of course I do, any fan worth a dime would think that about their team. You guys are big, fast and strong. You have 2 or 3 guys that will be as good as anyone we've seen all year. But we have some guys that can play ball as well. Just know that ain't nobody from here scared about going to Osceola Friday night. Know you kids can carry on with your garbage.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas