• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at Batesville

Started by PA Dad, November 04, 2017, 10:10:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

This should be one of the best games this week.

Batesville is at home and that's a big advantage.  And Batesville seems to always peak at the right time.  They get better as the season progresses.

I've said that I think Batesville will make the semis, but I didn't realize they would get McClellan in the first round.

McClellan is big and physical on both sides of the ball.  I doubt that Batesville's defensive line can handle the size of McClellan's offensive line.  And McClellan has a 235 pound running back that is a beast.

I'm picking McClellan in a close game.

Rick Swines

On film McClellan is not the impressive. They are big but they don't have the speed they had last year. I see a comfortable Batesville win.

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on November 04, 2017, 10:10:39 pm
This should be one of the best games this week.

Batesville is at home and that's a big advantage.  And Batesville seems to always peak at the right time.  They get better as the season progresses.

I've said that I think Batesville will make the semis, but I didn't realize they would get McClellan in the first round.

McClellan is big and physical on both sides of the ball.  I doubt that Batesville's defensive line can handle the size of McClellan's offensive line.  And McClellan has a 235 pound running back that is a beast.

I'm picking McClellan in a close game.

I'd like to see McClellan pull this one out but it will be tough at Batesville. it feels like a toss up to me

Burks

I think McClellan wins this game. Lions may not have speed like last season but their faster than Batesville and a heck of lot more physical.

Yellowcake

McClellan's biggest problem is depth. But this is a good matchup. I am going with 28-27, somebody.

chaingang

Here lies the problem.....if a team travels to Mark Martinville you have anywhere between 8 to 11 points to give up as soon as you step off that Bus and touch that mountain top.......it is overwhelming...but that is the House that King built.

Gravelbar

Quote from: chaingang on November 05, 2017, 10:02:58 am
Here lies the problem.....if a team travels to Mark Martinville you have anywhere between 8 to 11 points to give up as soon as you step off that Bus and touch that mountain top.......it is overwhelming...but that is the House that King built.
Then you have to deal with those sonic boom fireworks that the visitors side can't see shot until they go off and reverberate down the White River valley.  It scares the living crap out of the visitors that are caught off guard after a TD.  Hopefully, McClellan will get to experience this phenomenon often.

Jackets3

Quote from: Burks on November 05, 2017, 08:33:14 am
I think McClellan wins this game. Lions may not have speed like last season but their faster than Batesville and a heck of lot more physical.

They may be faster as a team but #2 for Batesville is the fastest kid I've seen all year and #25 is close behind.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Burks on November 05, 2017, 08:33:14 am

How do you know they are more physical?

Burks

McClellan has been more physical than any team they have played this year other than maybe NLR.  Bennie Kemp, will be the best running back Batesville has seen so far this season, VERY PHYSICAL! I have only seen Batesville on the internet and physically I don't think the Pioneers keep up. The Pioneers have a chance to prove my opinion wrong. Lions by 14

MDXPHD

Quote from: Burks on November 05, 2017, 12:51:05 pm
McClellan has been more physical than any team they have played this year other than maybe NLR.  Bennie Kemp, will be the best running back Batesville has seen so far this season, VERY PHYSICAL! I have only seen Batesville on the internet and physically I don't think the Pioneers keep up. The Pioneers have a chance to prove my opinion wrong. Lions by 14

Wynne had a pretty physical RB. I don't think Batesville will be intimidated or anything. McClellan may very well be physical, but that's what Batesville enjoys. They matchup much better with physical teams rather than finesse teams.

JessieP

Quote from: Burks on November 05, 2017, 12:51:05 pm

That opinion is shared by you and you alone, top to bottom people list Hicks (Wynne) as the most physical RB around. He punishes people. PA and LRCA are the type of teams that gives Batesville fits. A physical grind it out game is Batesville's wheelhouse. Going into last Friday the scenerio Batesville wanted most was McClellan at home, that was the game they hoped for.

Absolut

This game is at Batesville. Batesville wins.

PA Dad

This game really intrigues me.  I greatly admire Batesville, its coach and its traditional.  I know Batesville peaks in the playoffs every year. 

But McClellan is very big and very physical.  I've read on this board that the Batesville defensive line is undersized.  If that's true, I think Batesville will have a hard time stopping McClellan's running attack.

I will not be real surprised by the outcome either way.  This should be a very close and competitive game.

incogneto

I want to pick McClellan in this game and if they win it they have a real chance of making it to the championship game.  I just think they are one dimensional and I think the Batesville staff and players have been there enough to figure out how to beat a one dimensional team.  If McClellan can throw the ball effectively I think they win if not I see Batesville winning. 

Youngsta71701

McClellan in a close one. The refs will keep it close... ;D

Rampage72501

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 06, 2017, 06:55:07 am
McClellan in a close one. The refs will keep it close... ;D

Money well spent...

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: JessieP on November 05, 2017, 01:51:51 pm
That opinion is shared by you and you alone, top to bottom people list Hicks (Wynne) as the most physical RB around. He punishes people. PA and LRCA are the type of teams that gives Batesville fits. A physical grind it out game is Batesville's wheelhouse. Going into last Friday the scenerio Batesville wanted most was McClellan at home, that was the game they hoped for.

I agree!  He impressed me as a Jr., I am sure he is probably even better this year.  Kid is a stud.

AIREDALE25

Winner will travel to Alma if Alma wins if not they will head to White Hall. As an Airedale I would rather see Batesville next week

Intelligentsia

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on November 06, 2017, 10:50:21 am
Winner will travel to Alma if Alma wins if not they will head to White Hall. As an Airedale I would rather see Batesville next week

If I'm not mistaken, the last Pioneer visit to Alma was in 2014.  That was one of the most exciting and hard fought high school football games I've ever seen.  My opinion of the game is likely influenced because the Pioneers won, it was my son's senior year, it was a VERY physical, the outcome of the game was in question to the end, and the win sent us to War Memorial.

MDXPHD

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on November 06, 2017, 10:50:21 am

Would they really head to white Hall though?

Rampage72501

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 06, 2017, 11:37:30 am
Would they really head to white Hall though?

No, if Alma loses, the winner of our game would host White Hall.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 06, 2017, 12:13:55 pm
No, if Alma loses, the winner of our game would host White Hall.

I know. For some reason people think seeds don't matter if you're on top.

Rampage72501

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 06, 2017, 12:17:57 pm
I know. For some reason people think seeds don't matter if you're on top.

Some people just pay attention.

MDXPHD

Rick Swines

Batesville wins this game easily.  I watched film again.  LRM is sloppy in every aspect

The_Pioneer

Much like Wynne, LRM is unbeatable.  I'm not even sure why we're even playing the game.

JessieP

November 06, 2017, 04:27:59 pm #27 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:48:04 pm by JessieP
Quote from: PA Dad on November 05, 2017, 08:22:47 pm
This game really intrigues me.  I greatly admire Batesville, its coach and its traditional.  I know Batesville peaks in the playoffs every year. 

But McClellan is very big and very physical.  I've read on this board that the Batesville defensive line is undersized.  If that's true, I think Batesville will have a hard time stopping McClellan's running attack.

I will not be real surprised by the outcome either way.  This should be a very close and competitive game.

Batesville's O-line is undersized. Our D-line is big, fast and very physical. Even during the lean times early in the year our D-Line was stout. No one will come at you harder then Hick's, no one. Wynne jumped out to a quick 2 scores behind Hick's. Batesville's coaches had the Defense huddled around a sideline monitor, they made a quick adjustment and he was met in the backfield all night. If the majority of people's predictions are predicated on McClellan's RB then I assure you, you need to re-think your pick. 

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 06, 2017, 04:27:59 pm
Batesville's O-line is undersized. Our D-line is big, fast and very physical.Even during the lean times early in the year our D-Line was stout. No one will come at you harder then Hick's, no one. Wynne jumped out to a quick 2 scores behind Hick's. Batesville's coached had the Defense huddled around a sideline monitor they made a quick adjustment and he was met in the backfield all night. If the majority of people's predictions are predicated on McClellan's RB then I assure you, you need to re-think your pick.

Well, I guess I had it backwards.  Another testament to my great memory.

I still expect a very competitive game.

Intelligentsia

November 06, 2017, 05:09:13 pm #29 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:11:08 pm by Intelligentsia
Batesville's O-line is undersized. Our D-line is big, fast and very physical. Even during the lean times early in the year our D-Line was stout. No one will come at you harder then Hick's, no one. Wynne jumped out to a quick 2 scores behind Hick's. Batesville's coaches had the Defense huddled around a sideline monitor, they made a quick adjustment and he was met in the backfield all night. If the majority of people's predictions are predicated on McClellan's RB then I assure you, you need to re-think your pick.

While certainly not the size they've had in the past, Coaches  Rhodes / King have made O-line adjustments that have allowed them to play to their strengths.   Does size make thing easier, absolutely,  can you great coaching and dedicated players comlensate for a lack in size, absolutely.   Proper technique, speed, and football intelligence (made possible through great coaching and experience) have played their role in helping the O-line claim the most improved award for this year's Pioneers.

Burks

Not re-thinking my pick. I expect McClellan to win this game. McClellan is sloppy at all phases of the game? Really? Just last night I watch the Batesville - MHome game and I wasn't impressed with this year's Pioneers. We will definitely find out on Friday night.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Burks on November 06, 2017, 08:23:01 pm
Not re-thinking my pick. I expect McClellan to win this game. McClellan is sloppy at all phases of the game? Really? Just last night I watch the Batesville - MHome game and I wasn't impressed with this year's Pioneers. We will definitely find out on Friday night.

That's definitely the game you should watch for Batesville. They haven't improved at all throughout the season. You should watch the Jonesboro and Searcy film too.

Freight Train

JessieP

If the parents of the Pioneer Football players were to re-watch the MH game, they wouldn't be impressed. Maybe you should ask the parents if they have any video of them playing T-Ball back in kindergarten, that tape would be as relevant to the team they are now as the MH tape.

RamFan06

Why would you make your decision based on week 3??? Watch a game from later in the season that mattered.

Rampage72501

Actually, don't harsh on this guy...the math is simple:

Batesville beat Mountain Home by 11
Mountain Home beat Hall by 43
43+11 = 54
McClellan beat Hall by 55
55-54 = 1

McClellan wins 1-0

Pwil11

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 07, 2017, 08:56:59 am
Actually, don't harsh on this guy...the math is simple:

Batesville beat Mountain Home by 11
Mountain Home beat Hall by 43
43+11 = 54
McClellan beat Hall by 55
55-54 = 1

McClellan wins 1-0

You must be the sports analyst for Hootens

Rampage72501

Quote from: Pwil11 on November 07, 2017, 11:31:14 am
You must be the sports analyst for Hootens

That is the most hurtful thing anyone has ever said to me.

Red Devil Alum

This game and the LRCA/Wynne game are as good as the first round can get.

Pwil11

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 07, 2017, 11:37:57 am
That is the most hurtful thing anyone has ever said to me.

Hahaha. You know I was just joking.

Deltaswarm3

I will admit he was hit in the backfield for a couple of series, but not all night, because he didn't play in the second half except for a couple of plays and he was banged up by then.

JessieP

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on November 07, 2017, 01:56:35 pm
I will admit he was hit in the backfield for a couple of series, but not all night, because he didn't play in the second half except for a couple of plays and he was banged up by then.

And here I am sticking up for Wynne, stupid me. Let's see, after the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter he was a non-factor, he got hurt with 30 seconds to go before halftime. Up to that point he had 57 yards rushing, had 9 carries in the 2nd half for 6 yards. He played on offense the rest of the game, he didn't play at all on defense in the 2nd half. There is no question he wasn't himself for 24 minutes and 30 seconds. He was shut down for 23 minutes and 40 seconds. Now you have 4 Batesville posters saying Wynne should beat LRCA, we are pulling for Wynne. Don't get cocky and force us to bring up what happened this year. I'll give you a clue, it's happened 11 times in the past 15 years.

PercussionMan

Did Pierre Strong already graduate??  I hope I got his name right....that kid was a beast at RB!!

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: JessieP on November 07, 2017, 05:37:08 pm
And here I am sticking up for Wynne, stupid me. Let's see, after the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter he was a non-factor, he got hurt with 30 seconds to go before halftime. Up to that point he had 57 yards rushing, had 9 carries in the 2nd half for 6 yards. He played on offense the rest of the game, he didn't play at all on defense in the 2nd half. There is no question he wasn't himself for 24 minutes and 30 seconds. He was shut down for 23 minutes and 40 seconds. Now you have 4 Batesville posters saying Wynne should beat LRCA, we are pulling for Wynne. Don't get cocky and force us to bring up what happened this year. I'll give you a clue, it's happened 11 times in the past 15 years.
He didn't play in the second half on offense either except for a couple of plays....you try and humble yourself little man.

Jacketalum07

Batesville wins by two touchdowns. The defensive line is very good and I'm sure has only gotten better since a few weeks ago. The east goes 3-1 this week

JessieP

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on November 07, 2017, 07:57:22 pm
He didn't play in the second half on offense either except for a couple of plays....you try and humble yourself little man.

Maybe I am a bit cocky. Batesville needs to reign it in and focus on McClellan. We can't play Wynne every week.

Overdahill

Quote from: Jacketalum07 on November 07, 2017, 08:08:22 pm
Batesville wins by two touchdowns. The defensive line is very good and I'm sure has only gotten better since a few weeks ago. The east goes 3-1 this week

Come on Man! go all in and predict the clean sweep! The Central needs more locker room material after all the fake news polls rating them too high

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on November 07, 2017, 08:26:02 pm
Come on Man! go all in and predict the clean sweep! The Central needs more locker room material after all the fake news polls rating them too high

The Central is soft outside of PA. It's all reflected glow coming off the Bruins shine. You have the most dominate team in the State so some people figure a rising tide must raise all ships. Not true. Let's say there was a mythical conference rating. Say every Conference has a rating of 100. The east would break down like Nettleton 24, Batesville 20, Wynne 20, VV 15, CCT-Paragould-FC-Blytheville all have 6. If you took the Central PA would have 50.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 07, 2017, 08:34:29 pm
The Central is soft outside of PA. It's all reflected glow coming off the Bruins shine. You have the most dominate team in the State so some people figure a rising tide must raise all ships. Not true. Let's say there was a mythical conference rating. Say every Conference has a rating of 100. The east would break down like Nettleton 24, Batesville 20, Wynne 20, VV 15, CCT-Paragould-FC-Blytheville all have 6. If you took the Central PA would have 50.

The argument is interesting but the questions will be answered Friday night.  I'll be very surprised if the East goes 3-1 but stranger things have happened. I predict the Central goes 3-1 with an outside possibility of going 4-0.

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: JessieP on November 07, 2017, 08:19:48 pm
Maybe I am a bit cocky. Batesville needs to reign it in and focus on McClellan. We can't play Wynne every week.
A bit cocky....lol......I guess talking slick behind a computer makes you feel like that...carry on bro!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas