• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Riverview at Dardanelle 1st Round

Started by RyanLR, November 04, 2017, 10:43:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who takes it?

Dardanelle
22 (71%)
Riverview
9 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: November 10, 2017, 09:43:17 am

RyanLR

3rd 4 Dardanelle (7-3, 5-2)
4th 2 Riverview (7-3, 4-3)

Teams seem to be evenly matched. Winner gets to travel to Little Rock and play the Senators. Haven't gotten to see either team this season but Robinson has some history with the Sandlizards after being in the 4-4A from 2012-2014.

Sports Guru

Dardanelle will find a way to get it done

cuckoobird

Lizard47

Lizards will get it done, we won't be rolling into LR with near the size and talent we had last time we played there though. Just the plain facts, Robinson is very impressive right now. For now its important to focus on Riverview, I'm sure if we come out slow they will take advantage of it. Its time to dig down and bring out the A game for the first round.

cuckoobird

Riverview may have the best tandum of backs and receivers y'all have faced all year

SUGARTOWN

November 04, 2017, 01:41:31 pm #5 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:53:32 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Lizard47 on November 04, 2017, 11:57:01 am
Lizards will get it done, we won't be rolling into LR with near the size and talent we had last time we played there though. Just the plain facts, Robinson is very impressive right now. For now its important to focus on Riverview, I'm sure if we come out slow they will take advantage of it. Its time to dig down and bring out the A game for the first round.

Riverview has 3 fast playmakers on offense. QB Miller, RB Spears, WR Smith. By far the fastest trio you'll see this year. They score on a lot of big plays.

That being said, they're not a very physical team, Dardanelle will have the advantage there and I questioned some of their play calling when they played Stuttgart. I don't think they fully took advantage of their offensive weapons.

Playing at home, combined with it being the Raiders first time in the 4A playoffs I'll give the Sandlizards the edge.

beach bum

This should be a pretty competitive game... Riverview may have a shot at their first playoff win as a 4A school. A win would be their first as a 4A school right? It will be tough, but they could get it done.

cuckoobird

Riverview may have the best tandum of backs and receivers y'all have faced all year

Lizard47

Well it sounds like it may be a heck of a game! That's good though, its how the playoffs should be.

Grand Prairie

As already mentioned, Riverview has the best trio of QB/RB/WR I have seen this season.

They are severely misused IMO.

The QB is not overly accurate and if you make them use multi-play drives he will make mistakes in the passing game and throw INTs.

That being said, they live on the big play and with that trio of athletes it is hard to keep it from happening.

The defense was VERY soft in the first half I saw while playing fairly solid in the second half... overall they are not physical.

I'm inclined to pick Riverview in an upset.

x14113

I would have to imagine that Dardy's special teams play will be a huge factor here.

There's much ado about Lizard touchbacks, but what isn't mentioned as often is that they have a few tricks on returning your kickoffs.

Especially if you kick short.

Oh, and they're pretty good at FGs, too.

RyanLR

It's hard to find any footage online of Dardanelle, but Riverview look so very explosive.

nastynice

If I had to describe Dardy, Id say they were " solid"  on both sides of the ball. Their kicking game is probably in the top 1-3 in 4a. Idk if it's coaching or what, but all 3 close games they've been in this year they have lost.  I know absolutely nothing about Riverview, but they better be ready for a battle. I'm gonna go with our neighbors in a close one.

Dardy. 31
Riverview 27

lizard1989

SUGARTOWN

November 05, 2017, 02:13:40 pm #14 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 02:36:53 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: lizard1989 on November 05, 2017, 11:00:36 am
What offense does Riverview run??

They run a spread. Lot of jet sweeps, QB will run the ball some, he's fast and good runner. They also throw some quick passes trying to get their WR's in space. They lined up Smith at wildcat a few times as well.

Lizard47

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 05, 2017, 02:13:40 pm
They run a spread. Lot of jet sweeps, QB will run the ball some, he's fast and good runner. They also throw some quick passes trying to get their WR's in space. They lined up Smith at wildcat a few times as well.

Not so different from a lot of stuff we run. The more I hear, the more I think this is gonna be quite a matchup.

lizard1989

Agreed. I look forward to a good game this Friday.

The Ref

This should be a great 1st round matchup.  Riverview is undersized but has big play ability on offense.  Dardanelle has recent success in the playoffs & well rounded team.

Chief_Osceola™

How are Riverview's QB, RB, and WR this year?

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 06, 2017, 02:37:32 pm
How are Riverview's QB, RB, and WR this year?
Lol!! I know they weren't very good last year against a good defense.

The Ref

Quote from: FNLsupporter on November 06, 2017, 04:18:06 pm
Lol!! I know they weren't very good last year against a good defense.
Well guess what , this isn't last year . Pretty sure this year's team had it's way with the Bulldog defense this year FNL.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: The Ref on November 06, 2017, 05:18:37 pm
Well guess what , this isn't last year . Pretty sure this year's team had it's way with the Bulldog defense this year FNL.
This year's Bulldog team doesn't have a good defense. They can't stop a nose bleed so far.  Riverview will not have the kind of success against a good defense that they had against BK, that's all I was saying.  It's just an opinion, but who knows...maybe Riverview will surprise me, but every game they have played a good defense this year, it's not been good for the Raiders.

The Ref

Quote from: FNLsupporter on November 06, 2017, 08:44:37 pm
This year's Bulldog team doesn't have a good defense. They can't stop a nose bleed so far.  Riverview will not have the kind of success against a good defense that they had against BK, that's all I was saying.  It's just an opinion, but who knows...maybe Riverview will surprise me, but every game they have played a good defense this year, it's not been good for the Raiders.
Didn't really come across as "just an opinion" when you started it off with "LOL!!" .  What exactly were you laughing out loud about? 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: The Ref on November 06, 2017, 11:52:15 pm
Didn't really come across as "just an opinion" when you started it off with "LOL!!" .  What exactly were you laughing out loud about? 

At first I thought it was because I asked a question that has already been mentioned at least half a dozen times in this thread, but then the whole tone of the post took a 180.

Little Bear

Riverview has a good QB - deceptively fast!   The wr/rb with long hair should play at least D2 or FCS level in college.   The rb is short and fast but containable.   If Dardenelle can keep these 3 kids out of the endzone they will win.   

Lizard47

How good is Riverview's defense? I know nothing about it. I do know that our offense is capable of really jumping all over a lot of defenses, especially if they come out on fire.

OLDSCHOOL82

No real way to compare scores and come up with a prediction.  Dardy wins by 6.

Little Bear

Quote from: Lizard47 on November 07, 2017, 08:45:46 am
How good is Riverview's defense? I know nothing about it. I do know that our offense is capable of really jumping all over a lot of defenses, especially if they come out on fire.
Athletes in secondary - hard to pass on them unless you throw quick strikes.  Run defense is below average. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lizard47 on November 07, 2017, 08:45:46 am

Didn't look too good when I saw them. Stuttgart scored 52 on them.

Lizard47

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 07, 2017, 08:55:40 am
Didn't look too good when I saw them. Stuttgart scored 52 on them.

I saw that but I also know Stuttgart is a tough place to play.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lizard47 on November 07, 2017, 09:00:06 am

They did play Southside tough, but Dardanelle is a tough place to play also.

The Ref

Quote from: Lizard47 on November 07, 2017, 09:00:06 am
Riverview is undersized in most positions, Stuttgart excels at playing smash mouth football, which isn't a strength for the raiders.  Stuttgart will probably be the most physical team Shiloh has seen all year.

Lizard47

Quote from: The Ref on November 07, 2017, 09:09:51 am
Riverview is undersized in most positions, Stuttgart excels at playing smash mouth football, which isn't a strength for the raiders.  Stuttgart will probably be the most physical team Shiloh has seen all year.

So a 320lb tackle pulling and leading down field might present a problem?

The Ref

Quote from: Lizard47 on November 07, 2017, 09:20:24 am
So a 320lb tackle pulling and leading down field might present a problem?
I would say that would be a problem for any defense.  If you have skill guys with the size & speed as the ricebirds , then it would be extremely difficult.

Lizard47

Quote from: The Ref on November 07, 2017, 09:30:46 am
I would say that would be a problem for any defense.  If you have skill guys with the size & speed as the ricebirds , then it would be extremely difficult.

Our skill guys are not large but they do have decent speed and good vision. When the o-line and fullback are clicking they make it look easy.

Lizard47

BTW, I'm wishing Stuttgart and our former coach Price good hunting in the playoffs. Yours is by far the best first round matchup. Smash away.

FNLsupporter

November 07, 2017, 02:08:40 pm #36 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 04:16:55 pm by FNLsupporter
Quote from: The Ref on November 06, 2017, 11:52:15 pm
[/quote
The Lol is because the same question has been repeated over and over!! I'm sorry to hurt your feelings, but here's the truth. Riverview returned a lot of the same team they had last year, and just about all of their skill kids. Riverview's QB is a good runner, but below average passer. A good defense will shut him down. Case in point, like I said BK held him to 30 or 40 yards last year.  Truthfully, i think the QB plays really well at Safety like he did at the start of last year, and if he's looking to play at the next level, thats where he would be the best fit.  The WR is as athletic as anyone on the field 80 percent of the time. The problem with him is, he takes plays off, especially if the ball isn't coming his way and whenever Riverview isn't playing well, he shuts down.  The RB is pretty good, but his legs are small and doesn't have the power to sustain against a strong defense. The reason I compare them against last year's BK defense, is that I figure several teams in 4A playoffs bring a strong defense.  Now, just as well, Riverview will gut a weak defense, just as they did against BK this year.  Most teams in the 4A playoffs should have much better defense than this years BK defense.

nastynice

Quote from: Little Bear on November 07, 2017, 08:22:14 am
Riverview has a good QB - deceptively fast!   The wr/rb with long hair should play at least D2 or FCS level in college.   The rb is short and fast but containable.   If Dardenelle can keep these 3 kids out of the endzone they will win.

Our running game against Dardy was very "vanilla", but they pretty much shut it down. If Riverview isn't really fast or very physical, then they'll get thumped. If they're disciplined and don't make a couple mistakes, then they might have a chance. I originally picked Dardy by 4, but I'm leaning toward 10-14 now.

The Ref

Quote from: nastynice on November 07, 2017, 06:16:24 pm
Our running game against Dardy was very "vanilla", but they pretty much shut it down. If Riverview isn't really fast or very physical, then they'll get thumped. If they're disciplined and don't make a couple mistakes, then they might have a chance. I originally picked Dardy by 4, but I'm leaning toward 10-14 now.
Riverview has plenty of speed, size is their main issue. They played physical all year, minus the 1st half of the Stuttgart game .

snap crackle

It's A shame that the winner will get pummeled the next week.

Gray lizard

I know nothing about Riverview, but can say Dardanelle will be a tough place to travel to and win. If Dardanelle can play their game they will score several TDs.  It never hurts to have SR 3 year starter at QB.  The young man has a lot of playoff experience.  This alone has to count for something.  If he gets lose he can carve a team up.  Then their is their kicking game.  Riverview needs to plan on starting every drive on their own 20 yard line unless they cause a turnover.  That alone can be a deciding factor.

friscokid

I saw Riverview play in Week 8 at Heber. Quarterback is a dual threat who can scramble and move the sticks. Spears scored an early TD on a buck sweep but wasn't a factor otherwise — don't know if he got hurt or what. They played Heber tough.

Lizard47

A beautiful game day in Dardanelle. Sunny and cool. Should be down to lower 40's by game time. Looking for a physical effort from the Lizards tonight as Riverview comes to town. Lizards should come out playoff ready and put this one away. Go Lizards!!

Lizard47

Honoring our veterans during pregame tonight in Dardanelle. Thanks to all veterans and military personnel for your sacrifice and your service.

RyanLR

RyanLR

RyanLR

Riverview two possessions two fumbles.

RyanLR

RyanLR

Dardy just attempted a field goal from their own 40 and intentionally missed it, going out of bounds at the 20, effective punting strategy. I have NEVER seen that.

nastynice

Quote from: RyanLR on November 10, 2017, 07:26:25 pm
Dardy just attempted a field goal from their own 40 and intentionally missed it, going out of bounds at the 20, effective punting strategy. I have NEVER seen that.

They've been doing that for years. Very effective.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas