• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon at Foreman round one

Started by MomaLion, November 02, 2017, 11:42:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets the win?

Clarendon
15 (20.5%)
Foreman
58 (79.5%)

Total Members Voted: 73

MomaLion

Well,  thank the Lord it finally started clicking. They had bright spots all season but now they are really playing.

Old Scrapper

November 05, 2017, 12:36:25 pm #51 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 12:47:04 pm by Old Scrapper
This was an oops

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 05, 2017, 11:53:51 am
Clarendon is rolling in a weak conference,Foreman is a different animal then anything they have seen this year,and against the better teams of the 6. They have not done well at all.Foreman would win the 6 with weather fully ease.yall had a great season by you're standards that is,It ends Friday night in a mercy rule defeat.
You sure are a mean Old Man!

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 05, 2017, 12:49:51 pm
Call them like I see them old scraper. Level of competition should always come into play when you're looking at any team.
ok well just how many games have you watched from each conference to base your prestige theory!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 05, 2017, 01:52:45 pm
Old scraper, I can look at scores and see the conference is not that good. I seen A pretty bad Des Arc team almost take down 7-1 Mccrory. They dropped at least 4 wide open Td passes.Anytime a 5 seed should have beat a 2nd seed in any situation that does not look good at all.it just so happens that 5th seed team is in you're own conference,The 6 is not last the 3 is,So y'all do have that going for you.

With all do respect, if des arc wins that game, our season turns out completely different. Probably no worse than the 2 seed. No sr leadership and zero confidence after that game lead to our seasons downfall. So basing your opinion of the conference off that game is not accurate.

Dogg

Quote from: Redzone on November 03, 2017, 09:43:52 pm
No. And why do you post on every Foreman thread if you love Ida so much lol get outta here. Btw #5 runs a 4.2 in the 40
🤣🤣🤣🤣 😂😂😂😂😂😂

mr.gametime

The 6 maybe a weak conference this year...but if the 6 is weak then the 7 is an absolute Cakewalk only legit team in that conference is mt.ida...if clarendon benefited from playing in a weak conference then so did foreman....

Ghostof64

Quote from: mr.gametime on November 05, 2017, 04:16:42 pm
The 6 maybe a weak conference this year...but if the 6 is weak then the 7 is an absolute Cakewalk only legit team in that conference is mt.ida...if clarendon benefited from playing in a weak conference then so did foreman....
Foreman and Pine are way better than Clarendon.

Bigred18

Clarendon is rolling in a weak conference,Foreman is a different animal then anything they have seen this year,and against the better teams of the 6. They have not done well at all.Foreman would win the 6 with weather fully ease.yall had a great season by you're standards that is,It ends Friday night in a mercy rule defeat.

I got Foreman winning this game but for you people who don't compete in other conferences you sure like to speak on the 6 being a weak conference. The top 4 teams in the 6 can give any team a problem, and I will be the last person to over look any other conferences because if you did play in the 6 you would be sad to know this conference isn't a pushover

Bigred18

Jethro

You would not win with ease. i get being a die hard but it wouldn't be easy. Yalls schedule and conference is OK.The game will come down to who wants it more and who can stop who. This is probably one of the better first round games in class 2A. #5 is a great athlete and so is #3. Clarendon has everyone healthy and #8 is a solid QB. Clarendon also has some quick dudes defensively that could give foreman fits. They have a solid LBer in #51 who could be an All State LBer.  This will be a fun game to watch and pay attention too.

Playoff time comes down to more than just simply factors. A team that is hungry and rolling can be a dangerous team. Winner will face McCrory so either way we will see how weak or good either team is. But can we have educated post? I get being fans but come on now lets not be cocky, ignorant blow hards.

MomaLion

November 06, 2017, 07:34:13 am #61 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 07:46:22 am by MomaLion
Lmbo, seriously??? Mt Ida was the only team y'all played but our conference is weak? Hazen and Mccrory would both destroy Foreman and PW would beat y'all as well. The toughest teams we played were very early in  the season before we started clicking... not saying we'd win those games now but we'd definitely make a better showing.
As for us having a good season by our standards... hasn't Foreman been a bottom feeder in y'alls conference till last year??? I hope y'alls team thinks like you do because arrogance gets you beat.

Pat Swilling

Foreman by as many as Coach King feels like

iamfields

GatorBall

Quote from: MomaLion on November 06, 2017, 07:34:13 am
Lmbo, seriously??? Mt Ida was the only team y'all played but our conference is weak? Hazen and Mccrory would both destroy Foreman and PW would beat y'all as well. The toughest teams we played were very early in  the season before we started clicking... not saying we'd win those games now but we'd definitely make a better showing.
As for us having a good season by our standards... hasn't Foreman been a bottom feeder in y'alls conference till last year??? I hope y'alls team thinks like you do because arrogance gets you beat.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't believe Legitimate Contender is actually from Foreman!! In fact, reading through his posts history leads me to believe that he isn't. He has just watched several 2A teams play, one of which may have been Claredon.

So when you say "... y'alls team.." you might want to consider that he is just an outside observer. Just a guess though, not for sure!

Old Scrapper

Quote from: GatorBall on November 06, 2017, 08:50:17 am
I'm not 100% sure but I don't believe Legitimate Contender is actually from Foreman!! In fact, reading through his posts history leads me to believe that he isn't. He has just watched several 2A teams play, one of which may have been Claredon.

So when you say "... y'alls team.." you might want to consider that he is just an outside observer. Just a guess though, not for sure!
He's not. I actually don't think he has a particular team. he does kinda love the 8 tho! ;D ;D

couch-coach06

Quote from: MomaLion on November 06, 2017, 07:34:13 am

I bet we might just find out if McCrory would woop us or not week 2

hornets23byers

Foremans qb will run through you. If he doesn't you will not catch him he runs a legit 4.29 forty and they decent in other areas.. I see them cursing in this one by 21 especially at their place ... if they keep the football off the ground ...

Old Scrapper

Quote from: hornets23byers on November 06, 2017, 12:52:26 pm
Foremans qb will run through you. If he doesn't you will not catch him he runs a legit 4.29 forty and they decent in other areas.. I see them cursing in this one by 21 especially at their place ... if they keep the football off the ground ...
4.29 is impressive in pads if this is true.

big E

I can run a 4.29 . 4 hours and 29 minutes. Lol I seen some film on Foreman they have got some speed should be a fast up and down the field game. Never know how kids react to long bus rides.

hornets23byers

Say he went to a combine ran a 4.28 thought laser timer was messed up then ran a 4.29 legit he's more impressive running the ball. If you can stop him may be a different game seriously he #5

big E

November 06, 2017, 01:36:42 pm #71 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:40:37 pm by big E
He didn't play qb against mountain pine he played slot.

Lions84

hornets23byers

Cause he was injured against mineral and didn't wanna use him that much but he's played qb all the other games if he put on some weight he would be a solid college corner . He's still got another year

big E

Ok I wondered why he wasn't the qb , but I picked him out from the beginning.

Lions84

Rida4Life

Lions gonna need luck.  Coach King and the Gators finna EAT.

Lions84

Coach95

Where is da greatest big baby at??? His boys have made the playoffs, wear these folks out...

couch-coach06

He must have got ahold of some gator film

Eslim03

Quote from: Lions84 on November 07, 2017, 08:21:19 pm
We will see !

Dang right we will. This whole thread is comical Clarendon will lose and lose bad.

Eslim03

Although I like to talk a little no offense to anyone but this game isn't even questionable. 

hornetfan8

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 07, 2017, 09:42:59 pm
Although I like to talk a little no offense to anyone but this game isn't even questionable.
I'm not gonna sit here and try to convince anyone that an upset will happen but this Clarendon team is different than years past. The gym hasn't called to them near as early. I wouldn't be surprised if foreman is in a dog fight this Friday. I mean coastal Carolina almost beat the hogs. Anything is possible..

Eslim03

The gym is already calling them but I hope they bring it. Should have started line-drills Monday.

hornetfan8

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 07, 2017, 09:53:15 pm
The gym is already calling them but I hope they bring it. Should have started line-drills Monday.
Like I said, I'm not here to convince you that they will pull the upset lol

Eslim03

You may not be convinced after this game but if McCrory beats Bearden then the next week you will be. The Foreman gators are for REAL.

Old Scrapper

Dang I thought the gym comment was a thing of the past, please find new material kid

Eslim03

Oh I'm no kid make no mistake I'm a grown man scrapper but if you have looked at foreman and know football you will have the same conclusion as legitimate contender. Nice old man that knows football.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 07, 2017, 10:04:47 pm
Oh I'm no kid make no mistake I'm a grown man scrapper but if you have looked at foreman and know football you will have the same conclusion as legitimate contender. Nice old man that knows football.
Hey I know Foreman is stout, I'd need the 6 to take some teams out in the playoffs so I can call him senile for saying we are weak! 💪🏼

Eslim03

I understand most of the guys and galls on this forum cheers for there conference during the playoffs. Not one thing wrong with that.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 07, 2017, 09:59:43 pm
You may not be convinced after this game but if McCrory beats Bearden then the next week you will be. The Foreman gators are for REAL.

More worried about the Bearden game..that will be a tuff match up...If McCrory gets past Bearden they will roll Foreman in the 2nd round...but we gone save all the talking about that game for next week hopefully

MomaLion

Quote from: Coach95 on November 07, 2017, 09:14:03 pm
Where is da greatest big baby at??? His boys have made the playoffs, wear these folks out...
Well I am currently in Memphis with my Daddy in ICU. But my Lions know I'm with them. They are totally focused on their task. No time for debating.

MomaLion

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 07, 2017, 10:01:00 pm
Dang I thought the gym comment was a thing of the past, please find new material kid
These guys are reminding me of Hampton posters last year. A little success and they are king of the world lol. But at least Hampton had Monta.

Eslim03

Quote from: MomaLion on November 08, 2017, 05:10:39 am
Well I am currently in Memphis with my Daddy in ICU. But my Lions know I'm with them. They are totally focused on their task. No time for debating.

Get well soon. God bless.

da greatest bigbaby

I'm here coach 95 I'm just not feed'n in on their crap lol 4.2 forty that guy didn't even get 1st in the state track meet last year the guy from jville light house got 1st 11.1 an our guy got 2nd in the 200 22.9  an we whip'd foreman in all the relays lol I think their overated lions by 7

Coach95

stuck in between

November 08, 2017, 08:26:49 am #96 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 09:27:13 am by stuck in between
I am not one that engages in the smack talk on the boards often. I am guilty of a shot here and there. Instead I try to form rational conclusions by evaluating the facts that I have in front of me. Now does that mean I am unbiased? Probably not. As stated in another thread earlier in the season it is very hard to be totally unbiased when you do have a vested interest in one team over another. Here are the facts that I considered in making my prediction. As much as members of the 6-2A may not want to admit it from top to bottom it and the 7-2A are almost equal. We both have three teams each with overall winning records and then the rest drops off to below .500 on both sides.

Clarendon
Overall record 4-5, Total points forced 286 (average of 31.7 points per game). Total points allowed 259 (average of 28.7 points per game). For a difference of +3 points per game in the Lion's favor.
In the five losses Clarendon has had they have given up over 42 points per game.
In the four wins the Lions have recorded (three of which were by mercy rule). Their opponents have a combined 7 wins.
They suffered a 46-0 loss at the hands of Cross County who is 4-6 and holds down the 4th seed in the 2A-3.
Facing a 200+ mile bus ride.

Foreman
Overall record 8-1, Total points forced 403 (average of 44.7 points per game). Total points allowed 107 (average of 11.8) for a difference of a +32.9 in the Gator's favor.
One loss to the #1 team in the state by 29 points.
In their eight wins the Gators have recorded (7 have been by mercy rule with 3 being shut outs) their opponents have combined for 26 wins
Beat the 4th seed of the 3A-5 (arguably the toughest in 3-A football) 47-0.
Home field advantage
Gators by 17.

couch-coach06

He had the fastest time of anyone at the meet in the prelims tweaked his ham string before the finals

bear for life

Quote from: Redzone on November 03, 2017, 09:43:52 pm
No. And why do you post on every Foreman thread if you love Ida so much lol get outta here. Btw #5 runs a 4.2 in the 40
he does not run and 4.2 we watched him at track meet he around 4.5 tho

Eslim03

Quote from: Legitimate contender on November 08, 2017, 08:49:17 am
Eslim03,Thanks for the compliment,Just going off Facts is all I do. Good luck to the gators.

Yes sir I appreciate your wisdom thank you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas