• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 chatter thread

Started by HorseFeathers, October 23, 2017, 02:41:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

October 23, 2017, 02:41:27 pm Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:05:37 pm by HorseFeathers

Backboard Shattered

Bigleague

WCC would beat Guy by 15.   

thebigman3

Quote from: Bigleague on October 24, 2017, 11:12:15 pm
WCC would beat Guy by 15.
Y'all keep talking. I hope they do meet this year. That way y'all will shut up with all this. Guy had their heads way too big tonight and Charter played good. What y'all aren't understanding is Guy is defending State Champs. Charter isn't or anyone else will not come out with the same attitude as they would for Guy, Bay, Shirley, and i'll even throw MVE in the mix. Just cause they beat them that bad and Guy beat them by 9 does not mean a thing. 

thebigman3

thechampchamp

Everyone sleeps on guy on here I swear. Like big man said, guy is the defending state champs. They are the best team in 1a. Y'all forget they also beat bay by 30 points 2 years ago and then lost to them the next time they played. Every team has a bad night. Maumelle charter is no good. Period. The refs couldn't have helped them more tonight by not calling all the traveling and fouling there was. Guy also played very bad. And without their backup center. Guy will bounce back next time they play later this season and it will be a very different game. Mark my words. Also guy is 3-0. You can't deny numbers. Y'all will see. Mark my words, guy will repeat this year and all of you grouches who hate guy just because they win, will stop talking.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thechampchamp on October 24, 2017, 11:32:30 pm
Everyone sleeps on guy on here I swear. Like big man said, guy is the defending state champs. They are the best team in 1a. Y'all forget they also beat bay by 30 points 2 years ago and then lost to them the next time they played. Every team has a bad night. Maumelle charter is no good. Period. The refs couldn't have helped them more tonight by not calling all the traveling and fouling there was. Guy also played very bad. And without their backup center. Guy will bounce back next time they play later this season and it will be a very different game. Mark my words. Also guy is 3-0. You can't deny numbers. Y'all will see. Mark my words, guy will repeat this year and all of you grouches who hate guy just because they win, will stop talking.
their backup center might play 5 minutes a game

Basketballfan13

What if they have a bad game at state? I haven't seen any of them play yet, but I wouldn't guarantee a championship when you say every team has bad nights and on a bad night they only beat a no good team by 9

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 24, 2017, 11:42:04 pm
their backup center might play 5 minutes a game

Maybe spires got into foul trouble? Could see it being an issue then

SackAttack

I dont hate Guy because they win I hate Guy because they dont win the right way. You sir are in the minority on that issue I can assure you!! Since you know all things Guy I have a question! No wait I can answer that for myself and then share the answer with you after Ive done my research! Be ready! Get your arguments lined up! But you wont be able to defend this bombshell!!

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 25, 2017, 04:24:03 am
Maybe spires got into foul trouble? Could see it being an issue then
He had 4

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on October 25, 2017, 06:45:45 am
I dont hate Guy because they win I hate Guy because they dont win the right way. You sir are in the minority on that issue I can assure you!! Since you know all things Guy I have a question! No wait I can answer that for myself and then share the answer with you after Ive done my research! Be ready! Get your arguments lined up! But you wont be able to defend this bombshell!!
what's the question?

Backboard Shattered

How many move ins did Guy get this year?  Graduated last year?

thechampchamp

Again with the move ins. This year the move in from Conway has a brother who has been going to guy for years so he came to spend his last year of high school with him. Tipton moved away from MVE like any good player should bc of the terrible coaching and bad environment that was there. I'm sleeping on every team. Shirley, trash. GFWS, trash. Bay, trash. MVE, trash. WCC, TRASH, ICC, trash. Country Line honestly is the only other contender this year I think. But still county line, trash

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 25, 2017, 07:21:56 am
How many move ins did Guy get this year?  Graduated last year?
2 move in 3 starters and the sixth man graduated last year.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thechampchamp on October 25, 2017, 07:37:59 am
Again with the move ins. This year the move in from Conway has a brother who has been going to guy for years so he came to spend his last year of high school with him. Tipton moved away from MVE like any good player should bc of the terrible coaching and bad environment that was there. I'm sleeping on every team. Shirley, trash. GFWS, trash. Bay, trash. MVE, trash. WCC, TRASH, ICC, trash. Country Line honestly is the only other contender this year I think. But still county line, trash
Lol!  Typical Guy can't win without moving in players! 

Backboard Shattered

On the bright side I did see Guys schedule and they shouldn't lose a reg season game with the move ins

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 25, 2017, 07:43:27 am
Blah blah blah... heard it over and over again. Tired of hearing it. Ya'll wanna know why you all don't hop on any other teams that get move ins? Cause they don't win. I'm almost positive you could find many teams that have a move in starting, but yet yall don't jump on their case. But if the move in from Timbo was scoring 30 a game and timbo beat ICC then y'all would probably be saying the same about them. Same with the ones from Shirley. I get asked a lot how Guy scores so much. Cause they run the ball and none of those kids are scared to shoot it. That run that press the entire game and it wears the other team down and at the end is when they take he lead and get their stride. It's what they did against Shirley, GFWS, and Charter. Move ins or not. You gotta give credit where credit is due. If a kid wants to play for a coach that will let him shoot the ball let the kid do it. and if a kid wants a ring, let the kid get it. Bunch of cry baby's on here I swear.

hillbillyball

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 25, 2017, 09:57:11 am
Blah blah blah... heard it over and over again. Tired of hearing it. Ya'll wanna know why you all don't hop on any other teams that get move ins? Cause they don't win. I'm almost positive you could find many teams that have a move in starting, but yet yall don't jump on their case. But if the move in from Timbo was scoring 30 a game and timbo beat ICC then y'all would probably be saying the same about them. Same with the ones from Shirley. I get asked a lot how Guy scores so much. Cause they run the ball and none of those kids are scared to shoot it. That run that press the entire game and it wears the other team down and at the end is when they take he lead and get their stride. It's what they did against Shirley, GFWS, and Charter. Move ins or not. You gotta give credit where credit is due. If a kid wants to play for a coach that will let him shoot the ball let the kid do it. and if a kid wants a ring, let the kid get it. Bunch of cry baby's on here I swear.

Heard Kirby has 3 move ins starting.

NWA Hawg

SackAttack

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 25, 2017, 07:43:27 am
Exactly!! Im wondering how many championships have been won without the benefit of move in players. I havent completed my research yet but Im gonna guess the number is somewhere around zero!! But Im pretty tenacious so I will get to this task!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 25, 2017, 09:57:11 am
well Shirley's move in already lived in the district  their whole life's, their parents just teach at different schools. Guys move ins are a different story I heard, but not sure

Mr. Pappagiorgio

The issue isn't schools that have the occasional role player move in. It's the school that has a team that probably would barely make the state tournament that has studs move in that leads to them winning state. Every year that guy has been lined up to have a down year they get one or two studs. And maybe they do move there on their own, just seems like a awfully big coincidence.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on October 25, 2017, 11:41:43 am
The issue isn't schools that have the occasional role player move in. It's the school that has a team that probably would barely make the state tournament that has studs move in that leads to them winning state. Every year that guy has been lined up to have a down year they get one or two studs. And maybe they do move there on their own, just seems like a awfully big coincidence.
+1 Bay did it for years don't think they done it this year hmmm

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 25, 2017, 12:10:14 pm
+1 Bay did it for years don't think they done it this year hmmm
ask mammoth springs that

thebigman3

So why aren't we making a big deal abt them winning with move ins huh?

Moonshiner

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 25, 2017, 12:23:20 pm
ask mammoth springs that

You're talking about the girls team at Mammoth?  If so they hired her dad.  Who used to coach there.  Major difference than actively putting families in "rent" mobile homes.  Notice I didn't name a school. 😁

thebigman3

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 25, 2017, 12:37:03 pm
So why aren't we making a big deal abt them winning with move ins huh?
talking about Kirby

FaceInTheCrowd

I wish that we could just move on with the "Guy Recruits" discussion.  It's taking away from what could be a good forum.  Have they recruited through the years? Probably.  Do kids move there because they want to be part of a winning program? Probably.  Has the AAA investigated recruiting? Probably, but obviously Hutch has been at this a whole lot of years and his school has not been penalized, so I think that it's time that we all move on. 

thebigman3

Quote from: FaceInTheCrowd on October 25, 2017, 12:53:46 pm
I wish that we could just move on with the "Guy Recruits" discussion.  It's taking away from what could be a good forum.  Have they recruited through the years? Probably.  Do kids move there because they want to be part of a winning program? Probably.  Has the AAA investigated recruiting? Probably, but obviously Hutch has been at this a whole lot of years and his school has not been penalized, so I think that it's time that we all move on.
+1+1+1+1+1+1

allprosports101

whos got the upper hand between mt vernon and bay?

Warriors14

ICC is trash? I thought with the move in they may turn some heads come tournament time and being so young.. IDK I was just wondering?

thebigman3

Quote from: Warriors14 on October 25, 2017, 01:28:16 pm
ICC is trash? I thought with the move in they may turn some heads come tournament time and being so young.. IDK I was just wondering?
ICC is pretty good.

thebigman3

Quote from: allprosports101 on October 25, 2017, 01:19:35 pm
whos got the upper hand between mt vernon and bay?
I don't know, heard Bay was okay this year and MVE is good.

SackAttack

Quote from: FaceInTheCrowd on October 25, 2017, 12:53:46 pm
It would behoove you to do some research before you post!! They have been penalized before! I guess theAAA just grows weary of  having to do some actual investigation. Takes away from their golf games and sitting with their feet on their desks! Ill give you the benefit of the doubt this time but next time check your facts because it gives you more credibility when you make requests to "just move on"

BlueDevilFan

Quote from: thechampchamp on October 25, 2017, 07:37:59 am

Statements like this really bother me, why do you feel the need to call high school student's trash?  Now I could just a easily say the same about Guy, the lack of discipline, respect shown towards opponents, but I won't. I have directed my statements towards the adults that allow this type of behavior, because young people will act however the adult's in charge of them allow them too.  My question then, I guess directed towards you is this, what adult in your life taught you it was acceptable to refer to kids as trash?

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on October 25, 2017, 04:26:46 pm
Statements like this really bother me, why do you feel the need to call high school student's trash?  Now I could just a easily say the same about Guy, the lack of discipline, respect shown towards opponents, but I won't. I have directed my statements towards the adults that allow this type of behavior, because young people will act however the adult's in charge of them allow them too.  My question then, I guess directed towards you is this, what adult in your life taught you it was acceptable to refer to kids as trash?
Great post!  Chumpchump is sleeping on many things!  Life will help him out

BannerChaser95

Since this is the score thread, not the "Guy, Kirby, Bay, and many others recruit" thread I'll try and keep it short.  Kirby's move ins over the last 5 years have involved teachers moving from centerpoint to Kirby which are 7 miles apart. A dad who's kids weren't happy with the coaching decision move to a school 11 miles from their other school. (Which they live in between) and another who moved from acorn, his dad moved to Kirby over a year ago and he moved to be with his father. Now that you know those facts. Is it the programs fault? Is it the triple A for allowing school Choice if you move by a certain date? Is it the parents faults for doing "what they think is best for their child".

Rumor has it Coach Smith from Kirby had Twins hoping to have double state champions. Then he moved to Kirby to start the recruiting process. He got in contact with all the local dads in the area of non basketball schools. Said hey develope your kid at another school and then move him to the only school that's been in a state championship in the last 20 years in the Tri county area.

I'm sure it's his fault huh? Dang move ins are killing the game. I watched Murfreesboro (10 miles from Kirby) play dierks (12 miles from Kirby) and it looked like a bad Jr high game. To bad they didn't recruit better. I know what their selling points would be "We see your son is good at basketball. We know Kirby up the road plays about 15 more games a year than we do, but hey, we have football"

HorseFeathers

Nothing personal guys...just wanted to separate the score thread and the anti-everyone chatter

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 25, 2017, 05:06:06 pm
Nothing personal guys...just wanted to separate the score thread and the anti-everyone chatter
Thanks HF I was wondering when someone would say something about it lol.

ZacAttack

Quote from: SackAttack on October 25, 2017, 02:37:59 pm
It would behoove you to do some research before you post!! They have been penalized before! I guess theAAA just grows weary of  having to do some actual investigation. Takes away from their golf games and sitting with their feet on their desks!
Nailed it Sack!  This is similar to playing so aggressively, the refs get tired of blowing the whistle and things get out of hand.  Haven't seen this year's edition of G/P, but I heard they can definately play.  When is AAA going to wake up and stop this movein situation.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 25, 2017, 04:38:16 pm
Since this is the score thread, not the "Guy, Kirby, Bay, and many others recruit" thread I'll try and keep it short.  Kirby's move ins over the last 5 years have involved teachers moving from centerpoint to Kirby which are 7 miles apart. A dad who's kids weren't happy with the coaching decision move to a school 11 miles from their other school. (Which they live in between) and another who moved from acorn, his dad moved to Kirby over a year ago and he moved to be with his father. Now that you know those facts. Is it the programs fault? Is it the triple A for allowing school Choice if you move by a certain date? Is it the parents faults for doing "what they think is best for their child".

Rumor has it Coach Smith from Kirby had Twins hoping to have double state champions. Then he moved to Kirby to start the recruiting process. He got in contact with all the local dads in the area of non basketball schools. Said hey develope your kid at another school and then move him to the only school that's been in a state championship in the last 20 years in the Tri county area.

I'm sure it's his fault huh? Dang move ins are killing the game. I watched Murfreesboro (10 miles from Kirby) play dierks (12 miles from Kirby) and it looked like a bad Jr high game. To bad they didn't recruit better. I know what their selling points would be "We see your son is good at basketball. We know Kirby up the road plays about 15 more games a year than we do, but hey, we have football"
You seem to have done your research on this one. But thechampchamp is right.. about Guys move ins. One had a brother that had been going to guy for almost 3 years now, and his parents brought him to Guy for them to be together his senior year. I don't see a problem with that? He lives in the school and BEFORE YOU EVEN SAY IT, NO IT IS NOT IN ONE OF HUTCH'S RENT HOUSES. Tipton moved to Guy because it was no secret he did not like his coach and wanted a ring more than ever. So he moved at like the last 2 months of school last year. He lives in the district, has the grades, and plays good ball. I don't see the problem with move ins to any school. I've never understood the big deal you all make about it. I guess  it can be frustrating because we win a lot and y'all would like to see someone new win, but Guy kids are told to win. That's all they know from pee wee up. None of this you get a trophy and you get a trophy and you get a trophy for not being any good. It's drilled into their brains that they are supposed to be the best at everything. Even if they're playing marbles they will try and beat you. That's what separates them from the rest. The attitude and desire the have for the game.

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on October 25, 2017, 02:37:59 pm
It would behoove you to do some research before you post!! They have been penalized before! I guess theAAA just grows weary of  having to do some actual investigation. Takes away from their golf games and sitting with their feet on their desks! Ill give you the benefit of the doubt this time but next time check your facts because it gives you more credibility when you make requests to "just move on"
Please do tell when and why they got penalized Sack.

thechampchamp

Guy Perkins agin still the team to beat. Still the best team in 1A. And forget about all this other stuff. Forget about the move ins. Forget about the "lack of descipline, and respect" when guy sees anyone on the court they win. Or have so far this year. We will continue to see Thisbe over and over again until the season is over and the thunderbirds arms are sore from carrying around 2 big rings. And don't talk to anyone about lack of discipline, these kids are disciplined. All guy has is basketball. They work very hard. They aren't just good bc they want to be. They work every day during and after school. Y'all should come up and watch a practice or 2 then you will see. You'll see the kids staying after school working on their own. And with the respect thing, no one respects guy. No one gives them credit and every game they deal with trash talk and I wouldn't say dirty play but I've seen them get roughed up. They don't get scared they just fight back. Wether it's talking trash back to the other players or getting physical with them

Eagle_Mom_2

October 25, 2017, 07:00:57 pm #44 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 07:09:58 pm by Eagle_Mom_2
Quote from: thebigman3 on October 25, 2017, 06:02:10 pm
Please do tell when and why they got penalized Sack.
Well. I believe 06 or 07ish their girls were disqualified from state tournament participation for playing an illegal player (not 100% sure on yr).
Had been hit another time as well but it had been before district. Now, if that's wrong feel free to correct. But I'm guessing that's what people are referring to as previous penalties where they actually got caught.

Furthermore...you speak of their peewee program...laughable. point A, you've admitted a lot of their very best players move in so that would mean they weren't there for peewees according to my mathemetrics. B, I've seen their junior high play the last few years...would not know they had a peewee program seeing that.

thebigman3

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on October 25, 2017, 07:00:57 pm
Well. I believe 06 or 07ish their girls were disqualified from state tournament participation for playing an illegal player (not 100% sure on yr).
Had been hit another time as well but it had been before district so they won district as an "officially winless" team going in after having to forfeit regular season games. Now, if that's wrong feel free to correct. But I'm guessing that's what people are referring to as previous penalties where they actually got caught.

Furthermore...you speak of their peewee program...laughable. point A, you've admitted a lot of their very best players move in so that would mean they weren't there for peewees according to my mathemetrics. B, I've seen their junior high play the last few years...would not know they had a peewee program seeing that.
I knew you would bring up that girls team. The whole problem with that is that girl did move in and she barely played.. she played in a tournament game and another coach turned her in. She wasn't even a huge part of that team. And how is the pee wee program laughable? The 6th grade girls have won it every year they've played.. mever lost a game. The 6th grade boys, won it their 3rd grade and I want too say another year. And the Junior high program? the team that won state last year when they was in Junior high went to the district championship 2 years in a row. And every year we've beat the crap out of GFWS. I will give credit those boys GFWS has this year are tough, but now that y'all actually have a team in basketball don't think your anything just yet. Wanna talk about laughable? GFWS basketball as a whole is laughable.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 25, 2017, 07:14:53 pm
I knew you would bring up that girls team. The whole problem with that is that girl did move in and she barely played.. she played in a tournament game and another coach turned her in. She wasn't even a huge part of that team. And how is the pee wee program laughable? The 6th grade girls have won it every year they've played.. mever lost a game. The 6th grade boys, won it their 3rd grade and I want too say another year. And the Junior high program? the team that won state last year when they was in Junior high went to the district championship 2 years in a row. And every year we've beat the crap out of GFWS. I will give credit those boys GFWS has this year are tough, but now that y'all actually have a team in basketball don't think your anything just yet. Wanna talk about laughable? GFWS basketball as a whole is laughable.
If you knew someone would bring it up it's kinda dumb to ask someone for an example then. But don't forget their boys disqualified in postseason a few years ago too. Don't ignore that one.
And yes, I'm talking about junior high recently. Last couple years they have not been what I would call quality.
And really? Our program is a joke? We win consistently and have amazing fans and facilities. Both teams in regionals virtually every year. Consistency with our homegrown kids.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on October 25, 2017, 07:00:57 pm
Had been hit another time as well but it had been before district. Now, if that's wrong feel free to correct. But I'm guessing that's what people are referring to as previous penalties where they actually got caught.

Is this sack??? Uh ohhhh

thebigman3

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on October 25, 2017, 07:19:16 pm
If you knew someone would bring it up it's kinda dumb to ask someone for an example then. But don't forget their boys disqualified in postseason a few years ago too. Don't ignore that one.
And yes, I'm talking about junior high recently. Last couple years they have not been what I would call quality.
And really? Our program is a joke? We win consistently and have amazing fans and facilities. Both teams in regionals virtually every year. Consistency with our homegrown kids.
Just seeing if you knew the story. and I don't know the story on the boys. but what are you talking about win consistently? Y'all beat who? SS, Timbo, Rural Special, Bradford, teams like that? and make regionals every year? LOL! If y'all ever make it to state and go past the first round then you can call me. People look forward to playing y'all just so they can add a win to their win column.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 25, 2017, 07:27:23 pm
Just seeing if you knew the story. and I don't know the story on the boys. but what are you talking about win consistently? Y'all beat who? SS, Timbo, Rural Special, Bradford, teams like that? and make regionals every year? LOL! If y'all ever make it to state and go past the first round then you can call me. People look forward to playing y'all just so they can add a win to their win column.

So we are better than y'all in everything but sr boys but your program is better. Got ya. Now that I know the criteria you're absolutely right. Your program is better because of one of four teams being better.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas