• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fouke vs Genoa! Battle of the Bridge!

Started by BigFoot, October 14, 2017, 12:10:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigFoot

Fouke is struggling and Genoa seems to have taken a step back this year! The gap has been closing for years! Is this the year Genoa takes it? What are your thoughts?

Proud Buckaroo

Rumpelstiltskin

CoolBreeze

Fouke rebounds after 4 consecutive conference losses and pulls itself out of a share of the conference cellar.

If they run the table from here on out, they could still make the playoffs. But they will have to beat LV in week 10.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 14, 2017, 01:46:02 pm
Fouke rebounds after 4 consecutive conference losses and pulls itself out of a share of the conference cellar.

If they run the table from here on out, they could still make the playoffs. But they will have to beat LV in week 10.

I'm with you, man. I think Lake Village wins.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 14, 2017, 01:51:55 pm
I'm with you, man. I think Lake Village wins.
PB, we've agreed a lot lately. There must have been a shift in the universe somewhere. LOL!

BigFoot

I'm hoping that you guys are right! But at this point, you never know! Hasn't Fouke scored 12 points in the last 10 quarters of football? This could be the year if Genoa comes out ready to play. Hopefully Fouke can right the ship this Friday!

BigFoot

Ms. Understood (aka Clock Keeper, El Presidente, Panther86, Sherlock Holmes) what do you think? Please share with us your prediction!

beach bum

Quote from: BigFoot on October 14, 2017, 09:18:11 pm
Ms. Understood (aka Clock Keeper, El Presidente, Panther86, Sherlock Holmes) what do you think? Please share with us your prediction!

Lol.... "EL PRESIDENTE DE FOUKE" is lurking.

BigFoot

Quote from: BigFoot on October 14, 2017, 09:15:27 pm
I'm hoping that you guys are right! But at this point, you never know! Hasn't Fouke scored 12 points in the last 10 quarters of football? This could be the year if Genoa comes out ready to play. Hopefully Fouke can right the ship this Friday!

I do have to say that this is the one that is tough for me to favor one team over the other. Nephew plays for Genoa and kids go to Fouke but only play basketball. I'm happy with whoever wins this one!

Rumpelstiltskin

Genoa has a tough road no matter who they play. What position does your nephew play at Genoa BF?? I know lots of players there.

BigFoot

Quote from: Rumpelstiltskin on October 15, 2017, 01:15:50 am
Genoa has a tough road no matter who they play. What position does your nephew play at Genoa BF?? I know lots of players there.

He is one of the backup WR. Doesn't play a whole lot.

ReddieOrNot

Big game for both communities Friday night. I will give the edge to Fouke with thier 2 good running backs. Genoa will need to control the clock and keep Fouke's offense off the field.

Dragonfire6

Genoa does have some talent spread out this year. They have a good young slot in The Patrick kid. The o-line is basically the same as the d-line. And they have two good seniors at quarter back and full back.

Paperman

BigFoot

I can't make a pick here on this one! What do the other Fouke folks think? El Presidente has gone silent! Guess he was just misunderstood!

Ms. Understood

Quote from: BigFoot on October 17, 2017, 08:22:41 pm
I can't make a pick here on this one! What do the other Fouke folks think? El Presidente has gone silent! Guess he was just misunderstood!

I guess you've misunderstood El Bigfoote. If you're so vested in the community wouldn't you know his term as president is over?  You're so quick to call people out when you don't like what they have to say.  Wonder how you would feel if we start airing your dirty laundry. Want to get this started?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Bigfoot=topic=15344I can't make a pick here on this one! What do the other Fouke folks think? El Presidente has gone silent! Guess he was just misunderstood!
7.msg3526098#msg3526098 date=1508344719]
I guess you've misunderstood El Bigfoote. If you're so vested in the community wouldn't you know his term as president is over?  You're so quick to call people out when you don't like what they have to say.  Wonder how you would feel if we start airing your dirty laundry. Want to get this started?
Children, children! Play nice.

BigFoot

Quote from: Ms. Understood on October 18, 2017, 11:38:39 am

If only you knew who I was! Lol

Texarkana_Piggie

go dragons!  bring home the win friday!

panther86

Hootens has us winning by 7 I believe we have the capability of winning by more than that IF our boys come out Friday night an want it!! Right now it looks like the fight is gone from this team. I'm gonna say

Panthers 30
Dragons  21

GO PANTHERS

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: panther86 on October 18, 2017, 08:36:32 pm
Hootens has us winning by 7 I believe we have the capability of winning by more than that IF our boys come out Friday night an want it!! Right now it looks like the fight is gone from this team. I'm gonna say

Panthers 30
Dragons  21

GO PANTHERS

If the fight is gone... They will lose to Lake Village.

panther86

At this time I will agree with you PB but as a true an faithful fan I'm hoping we can right the ship

GO PANTHERS

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 18, 2017, 08:55:13 pm
Those 4 straight losses could have taken the wind completely out of their sails.

COACHemUP

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 18, 2017, 08:55:13 pm
I don't think Genoa has the D to stop our backs. But our youth has shown, more on defense than offense.  Tackling was embarrassing against Mcgehee. In the past our D has really limited the Dragons. I predict a win, but it may be a shoot out.

42-35 Fouke with the win

COACHemUP

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 19, 2017, 10:42:49 am
Those 4 straight losses could have taken the wind completely out of their sails.

I cant remember when we've won more the 4 conference games.  So its not like were used to playing for a 1-2 seed. So I dont think the kids are down that much. I know they feel like they should have beat Fordyce. Most of the kids are realistic. The losses to Smack and JC were easily digested.  We had such bad tackling in the Mcgehee game Im not sure what to think about that one.  I feel we should of been more competitive.  So each game is just that a new game.  the Genoa game is a great way to get some excitment and confidence back, its a big fun game for both communities.  every body knows everybody. 

Jimbo Morphis

Maynard G Krebs

This battle of the bridge, I need some elucidation here.  What bridge are we talking about here?  I know years ago that there was a ferry across the river.  Is there a bridge there now in its place?

CoolBreeze

It's also a battle to remain alive in the race for the 5-seed in 6-3A. And a chance to see if a low-seeded team from South Arkansas can derail Clinton in the first round again.

owl84

XFalkonz

CoolBreeze

BigFoot

BOTH teams look like they want it bad! Genoa isn't going down without a fight! Good, close football game!

owl84

COACHemUP

CoolBreeze

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 20, 2017, 02:12:51 pm
This battle of the bridge, I need some elucidation here.  What bridge are we talking about here?  I know years ago that there was a ferry across the river.  Is there a bridge there now in its place?
Maybe they don't know.

XFalkonz

Foukeatraz

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 20, 2017, 02:12:51 pm

There is about a 20 foot long bridge on Miller County road 13. It's full of old graffiti and isn't an impressive bridge to fight over at all. MC13 is one of the main roads between Fouke and Genoa. They say that during the old basketball rivalries some of the people would meet there to fight. I have no idea if that's true or not but that's what the old farts of the town have told me.

panther86

Quote from: Foukeatraz on October 21, 2017, 07:19:00 am
There is about a 20 foot long bridge on Miller County road 13. It's full of old graffiti and isn't an impressive bridge to fight over at all. MC13 is one of the main roads between Fouke and Genoa. They say that during the old basketball rivalries some of the people would meet there to fight. I have no idea if that's true or not but that's what the old farts of the town have told me.

That is the bridge nothing impressive but a landmark to battle over

BigFoot

October 21, 2017, 03:56:26 pm #40 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:44:20 pm by BigFoot
Easley looked like a man amongst boys last night! That was a fun game to watch!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas