• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison @ Camden Harmony Grove

Started by razorcardsfan11, October 13, 2017, 10:18:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins

Rison
37 (56.1%)
Camden harmony grove
29 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: October 20, 2017, 11:43:52 pm

Markadomous

Congrats HG from Prescott. These guys ain't scared to play the big boys in preseason and get ready. Great job and good luck the rest of the way.

The Beast Of 08

Yo Traditionville...y'all were a little better than I thought. Hold your head high...you got beat by the best 2A team in the state of Arkansas. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on October 20, 2017, 10:22:47 pm
Yo Traditionville...y'all were a little better than I thought. Hold your head high...you got beat by the best 2A team in the state of Arkansas. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

Haha mount Ida might have something to say about that.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on October 20, 2017, 10:22:47 pm
McCrory has already claimed that so you're 2nd

davecw

It was a great game played by 2 really good teams. I am very glad that HG won. I do think it was pretty tacky for Totty to call that last time out with 14 seconds left when we had the ball on their 5 yard line and we had just kneeled down to drain the clock. I kinda wish Chambers would have tried to score after that.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Markadomous on October 20, 2017, 10:16:38 pm
Congrats HG from Prescott. These guys ain't scared to play the big boys in preseason and get ready. Great job and good luck the rest of the way.
Thank you Markadomous.  I remember you wishing us luck last year when we played Mt. Ida.  Tonight's game has been a long........LONG time coming. 

CHG had not beat Rison since 2000 until about 1 hour ago.  We made BIG plays all night and every time the Wildcats tried to answer with a score to cut into our lead, some Hornet would step up and make a big play.  Ah, the victory formation is sweet!

HG Hornet

Quote from: davecw on October 20, 2017, 10:37:48 pm
It was a great game played by 2 really good teams. I am very glad that HG won. I do think it was pretty tacky for Totty to call that last time out with 14 seconds left when we had the ball on their 5 yard line and we had just kneeled down to drain the clock. I kinda wish Chambers would have tried to score after that.
The HG coaches were more classy than I would have been.  Cuz and I would have put 6 more on em.  :)

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: fann07 on October 20, 2017, 10:29:08 pm
Haha mount Ida might have something to say about that.
Let me have my moment

davecw

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 20, 2017, 10:46:14 pm
The HG coaches were more classy than I would have been.  Cuz and I would have put 6 more on em.  :)

Me too

bear for life

Ready to see mt.ida at harmony grove

wildcatfan12345

Good game from both teams.. Rison does have some things to work on, it's better to lose now than in the playoffs! Thankful that neither team had any injuries and every one made it out in one piece!🙂

monster_island

Great win CHG. Good luck in the playoffs.

If it is any conciliation for Rison, remember that Mt. Ida lost in week 8 last year and then won out the rest of the season. It is time to refocus.

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 20, 2017, 10:44:12 pm

CHG had not beat Rison since 2000 until about 1 hour ago.

That's not right... I remember the Hornets also beating us back in 2006.

razorcardsfan11

Hope to see a rematch in the state championship game. This was a good game

Hornet4ever

jag4life

Only one problem with your rematch hope in championship. Mccrory will be the other team playing for it.

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: jag4life on October 21, 2017, 06:28:34 am
Only one problem with your rematch hope in championship. Mccrory will be the other team playing for it.
Who's that!?!? 🤔

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 14, 2017, 06:51:26 pm
He is right, Rison isn't Bearden. Rison is 12-2 in the last 14 years against CHG, including the last 8 years in a row. Harmony Grove would have to be competitive for us to be Bearden.
This aged well 😳

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: #348wildcat on October 18, 2017, 09:02:37 pm
Hmmmm rison has multiple playmakers also!! Defense special teams and offense so not sure what your point is. Hg going down by 20 because of no discipline and turnovers. Wildcats win easily
Turnovers did play a big role in this game...so I guess you were partly right. Everything else about this post was 🚮

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 19, 2017, 01:50:26 pm
I will say that the Bearden and Harmony Grove game was close for a half, but Bearden is like playing one guy. He got wore down and Harmony Grove took over. The Rison and Bearden game was over in the 2nd qtr. They had no answer for our power run game. Risons lines might be the best in 2A, and our secondary flies to the ball (they just need to turn some of the knockdowns into interceptions). Either way Coach Totty is preparing our boys for a dogfight.
Rison is also like playing one guy...#2

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on October 21, 2017, 07:33:44 am
We usually have 4 or 5 playmakers. He was just the only one who could keep the ball without fumbling. 6 turnovers is too much for any team to overcome.

Coach95

October 21, 2017, 08:27:18 am #122 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:28:56 am by Coach95
Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on October 21, 2017, 07:24:51 am
Who's that!?!? 🤔
They are the first loser in the 6AA, oops I mean 2nd place...

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 21, 2017, 08:20:37 am
We usually have 4 or 5 playmakers. He was just the only one who could keep the ball without fumbling. 6 turnovers is too much for any team to overcome.
He was the only one that could match Grove's speed.

HG Hornet

October 21, 2017, 09:10:09 am #124 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 04:07:04 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on October 21, 2017, 07:33:44 am
I spoke briefly with #2 of Rison after the game.  Told the young man he played a great game and wished him well.  He shook my hand and said "Thank you, Sir" which I was especially impressed with.  I also watched as CHG #79 came over and gave Rison #2 a quick embrace and heard them say "Good game" to one another. 

I think sometimes we think all the players hate each other, but most of them respect each other and understand that there's supposed to be honor and sportsmanship before, during, and after the contest is played.  I think it's the adults who sometimes spoil it for them when we make bold predictions and keep things all stirred up.  There's gonna be a losing team and its the losers who have to suffer through hearing and reading all the crap along with the anguish of losing the game. 

Just my 2 cents this morning as I drink my cup of coffee.......and I'm glad no one got hurt because there was some hitting and very physical blocking and tackling going on last night.  I posted on here before on a different thread how beating Rison was a rare occurrence for us because it is just that, a rare occurrence.  I'm so sorry for forgetting about the 2006 HG win over Rison when I said we had not beat them since 2000.  Still though, if you wanna be the best, you've got to beat the best and that's what the CHG Hornets did last night on a standing-room-only Homecoming Night. 

I also want to say that I'm glad that our Head Coach Tony Chambers isn't afraid to schedule big games for us.  His opening season games are always tough and we don't usually win a lot of them, but they prepare us for tough conference play and for those conference games......we usually do win.  Two years ago, we opened with Bearden (BIG 42-6 win after not beating them in 5 or 6 years in a row), Prescott (CHG's only win against them ever) and Rison (29-20 loss decided in the final three minutes of the game).  Last year we opened with Smackover (BIG win 34-6 at their place), Prescott (crushing loss where six of our players got hurt), and Glen Rose (high scoring shootout loss).  This year we went 0-3 in our first three games against Smackover, Prescott, and Glen Rose, but those losses and that bad start have made our guys more focused and determined to work harder and play better.  Last years' Homecoming Game was against Bearden, which is always a rivalry game between us, and our guys won it 27-22.  Again this year, another HUGE game was on the schedule for Homecoming.......last night's game against a top 1 or 2 ranked team (depending on whose rankings you looked at).  *Next year we move back to 3A, but we'll open with Bearden (rivalry game where we've now won the last three), Fordyce (haven't beat them in a few tries), and Junction City (haven't beat them in more than a few tries).  I like what Coach Chambers is doing, even if we don't come out on top.

No matter how this season ends, I'm proud my son is a Harmony Grove Hornet and I'm glad to be part of the Swarm of fans and supporters.  Let's keep stingin em as long as we can!

Hgalum50

I will say this usually with thay type of offense Rison runs, if you get up on them you can win, but not this year Rison has playmakers and if they don't turn the ball over they are a scary team! They continued to fight, which shows alot about a football team. I wasn't to impressed with Coach Totty and that last timeout. We only were gonna take a knee, but it is what it is. Go Hornets!

MR#1

From a Wildcat alum and fan, congrats to Harmony Grove on last night's win. And as CHG Hornet stated, Chambers has done a great job with the team and schedules great nonconference opponents. As for my Wildcats, the mistakes must be corrected and can be. Your heart and desire to be a champion is not in question. As for Totty, he has a hard time managing his frustration. Though, the timeout at the end was probably designed for his team moreso than any kind of unsportsmanship towards Harmony Grove (--- i.e., letting that feeling brought on by mistakes sink in a little more with the opposing team lining up in victory formation again). Again, congrats to Harmony Grove.

On another note, this game changes the entire playoff picture for both teams. HG will be on Mt Ida's side of the bracket, whereas Rison is in the opposite bracket. Though the Wildcats may travel some, it could benefit them in the end. Would love to see a CHG vs Rison state championship game.

Hgalum50

Quote from: MR#1 on October 21, 2017, 11:20:49 am
From a Wildcat alum and fan, congrats to Harmony Grove on last night's win. And as CHG Hornet stated, Chambers has done a great job with the team and schedules great nonconference opponents. As for my Wildcats, the mistakes must be corrected and can be. Your heart and desire to be a champion is not in question. As for Totty, he has a hard time managing his frustration. Though, the timeout at the end was probably designed for his team moreso than any kind of unsportsmanship towards Harmony Grove (--- i.e., letting that feeling brought on by mistakes sink in a little more with the opposing team lining up in victory formation again). Again, congrats to Harmony Grove.

On another note, this game changes the entire playoff picture for both teams. HG will be on Mt Ida's side of the bracket, whereas Rison is in the opposite bracket. Though the Wildcats may travel some, it could benefit them in the end. Would love to see a CHG vs Rison state championship game.
Thanks man, and that would be a heck of a state title game! Mount Ida is beatable, that conference is just weak and it has showed they are superior in their conference, but can they compare to these other top teams in the state! We will find out in due time!

HG Hornet

this game changes the entire playoff picture for both teams. HG will be on Mt Ida's side of the bracket, whereas Rison is in the opposite bracket. Though the Wildcats may travel some, it could benefit them in the end. Would love to see a CHG vs Rison state championship game.
Yes, I agree.  That would be a sight to see.  You guys have been there and won it and been there and lost it.  We were a half away last year at Mt. Ida with key injuries that hurt our chances against the eventual State Champion Lions.  IF IF IF we get there, we can't be satisfied with just getting there!  We all knew that the winner would host games throughout and would most likely have to face Mt. Ida at home.  They're very good.  No one at CHG will overlook them if they do pay us a visit later on.  We all knew the loser would have to travel some and will probably have to play Earle at their place.  I think we all know how good Mr. Bohannon is based on the interest he's received from SEC schools.  They're very good.  With that being said, Rison is very good and CHG is very good.

Both teams have a lot more football to play, but there's probably somebody under the radar who can break the hearts of many like we did Hector last year.  I'm not gonna count my chickens before all my ducks are in a row.  :)

Thanks for the positive comment about our team and coaches.  After last year's ending, I was hoping for no referee questionable calls or player ejections/ fights.  I thought is was a clean hard hitting game with big plays made by both teams. 

jsw6f0

If CHG and Mt Ida handle their business it will be a great game to watch. CHG will be bent on payback for last year.

WonderWartHawg

From the games I've watched, I think we (Rison) are considerably a better team than last year.
From what I am reading and hearing, turnovers were our undoing last night.
That can be corrected.
Looking forward to the playoffs.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on October 21, 2017, 04:09:56 pm
From the games I've watched, I think we (Rison) are considerably a better team than last year.
From what I am reading and hearing, turnovers were our undoing last night.
That might be the understatement of the year. 3 turnovers inside the Cats 25. 2 of them to start the 2nd half.

wildcat_x-mgr

Excellent game, Harmony Grove team. Your boys did all the right things last night, and sadly, ours just didn't. I know that will be fixed this week, and we will bounce back, but your Hornets were the better team this time. Enjoy all those home games in the playoffs!

HG Hornet

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on October 21, 2017, 07:48:39 pm
Excellent game, Harmony Grove team. Your boys did all the right things last night, and sadly, ours just didn't. I know that will be fixed this week, and we will bounce back, but your Hornets were the better team this time. Enjoy all those home games in the playoffs!
Thank you.  I hope we take full advantage of this position that we're in.  No charter buses this year for us.

Traindad84

I made the two and half hour trip south last night to watch CHG and Rison. It was worth the trip and one of the better games I have seen this year. And on the subject of charter buses, Mt Ida took one to McCrory in 2015 and I am pretty sure that will not happen again.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas