• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 3A Top Ten--Week 7

Started by Mike Bonds, October 09, 2017, 02:24:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.  Prescott
2.  Junction City
3.  Mayflower
4.  Charleston
5.  Clinton
6.  Glen Rose
7.  Rivercrest
8.  Osceola
9.  Atkins
10.  Barton

Circling the poll:  McGehee, Elkins, Smackover, Piggott

Observations:  Prescott and Junction continue to separate from the pack as the favorites in this classification.  Mayflower continues to impress, and I'm beginning to think the Eagles have the best chance to join the Curley Wolves and the Dragons as serious contenders for title.  Clinton can put the 3A-1 crown on the shelf with a win at Elkins this week after easily handling upstart Melbourne 39-12.  Atkins is starting to gain steam, but a date with Charleston awaits next week, presumably for the 3A-4 crown (apologies to Perryville, who is also having a good season). 1-loss Barton returns to the poll this week.

Fascinating stat:  Prescott has only given up 29 points all season.  That's pretty amazing.

Coltfan2005

Prescott
(space)
Charleston
mayflower
Junction City
Rivercrest
Glen Rose
Clinton
Atkins
Osceola
Elkins

I see someone is buying into Atkins this week.

athletic supporter

I'm tell y'all Atkins isn't all that. Name a good team they've beaten. You can't, can you?

thabeast428

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 09, 2017, 03:24:07 pm
Prescott
(space)
Charleston
mayflower
Junction City
Rivercrest
Glen Rose
Clinton
Atkins
Osceola
Elkins

I see someone is buying into Atkins this week.

Really? I think JC should be 2nd then maybe ur so called (space) but hate all u want lol

Red Devil Dad

Athletic Supporter they are just trying to  build up next week's matchup with Charleston. 

Should Atkins be in the top 10, I don't know? We will find out after the Charleston game.  I do think they should have started the season higher than they were based off of the results last year and the number of returning players. 

Mike Bonds

Quote from: athletic supporter on October 09, 2017, 03:34:18 pm
I'm tell y'all Atkins isn't all that. Name a good team they've beaten. You can't, can you?

Atkins doesn't have a strong schedule, but the 3A-4 isn't going to produce strong schedules this year--it's a very top heavy conference.  Dover's two losses are blowout losses to Dardanelle and Booneville, both of which I have ranked.  Atkins let one get away in a rivalry game in the first week.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: athletic supporter on October 09, 2017, 03:34:18 pm

Calm down Jock Strap.

athletic supporter

Coltfan2005

athletic supporter

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 09, 2017, 08:43:43 pm
Maybe you could try a bigger size panties?

I could but your mom took her's home last night when she left

Jimbo Morphis

ISU7

Coltfan2005

Quote from: athletic supporter on October 09, 2017, 09:06:40 pm
I could but your mom took her's home last night when she left

Momma Jokes!!!!
Yo momma so fat she ate an entire Pizza...Hut.

CoolBreeze

October 10, 2017, 11:47:22 am #13 Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:57:51 am by CoolBreeze
Quote from: ISU7 on October 10, 2017, 09:15:54 am
lol
+1

And now back to the actual subject of this thread:

I like MB's top 10 for this week. I believe, at this point, Mayflower should be above a banged-up Charleston; however, that may change once the Tigers get healthy. Barton will likely firm up its position in the top 10 with a solid win over Bald Knob on Friday.

I even like the group circling the poll, although Smackover will likely be off the list after a decisive loss to JC next week, which would give them a 3rd loss.

Lineman

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 10, 2017, 11:47:22 am
+1

And now back to the actual subject of this thread:

I like MB's top 10 for this week. I believe, at this point, Mayflower should be above a banged-up Charleston; however, that may change once the Tigers get healthy. Barton will likely firm up its position in the top 10 with a solid win over Bald Knob on Friday.

I even like the group circling the poll, although Smackover will likely be off the list after a decisive loss to JC next week, which would give them a 3rd loss.
Banged up or not Chuck's still winning games.

Coltfan2005

And as long as they are winning, I'll keep them at 2.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Lineman on October 10, 2017, 01:19:54 pm
Banged up or not Chuck's still winning games.
True, but not as convincingly as usual, and not as convincingly as Mayflower.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas