• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A week 7

Started by Mr.Bearded, October 08, 2017, 03:15:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Bearded

Mansfield over Two Rivers by 4 plus scores
Charelston over Lamar 36-16
Atkins over cedarville 48-12
Perryville over Paris 34-28

Game of the week in the conference is The Paris @ Perryville game winner likely gets the three seed in conference with the loser the four seed.
Thoughts for this week

Red Devil Dad

Agree with all your pics except Paris vs Perryville.  Paris has speed and can pass the ball some.  I think that will give Perryville some problems.  Paris by 7. 

gold45

I agree with all except Paris and Perryville.  Paris has some really good athletes and I think they will be able to pull it together for 4 quarters to come out on top. Paris 28 Perryville 14.

Mr.Bearded

I think Paris is going to have a hard time stopping Perryvilles rush attack. Paris is gonna spread them out and make Perryville work for it. I think it's going to be a very good game but I've gotta stick with my Mustangs they're having a good season and I hope they can grind one out and play a full 4 quarters with a W

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Mr.Bearded on October 08, 2017, 03:15:14 pm
Mansfield over Two Rivers by 4 plus scores
Charelston over Lamar 36-16
Atkins over cedarville 48-12
Perryville over Paris 34-28

Game of the week in the conference is The Paris @ Perryville game winner likely gets the three seed in conference with the loser the four seed.
Thoughts for this week
+1

Mr.Bearded

Hooten's has Perryville over Paris by 10. The mustangs better figure out that pass defense

beach bum

Red Devil Dad

Mansfield 35 Two Rivers 14
Charleston 42 Lamar 8
Atkins 41 Cederville 6
Paris 36 Perryville 24

Paris QB will have a big game, he is just to fast and shifty for the Perryville defence.   

Longfellow

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 12, 2017, 08:19:48 pm
Mansfield 35 Two Rivers 14
Charleston 42 Lamar 8
Atkins 41 Cederville 6
Paris 36 Perryville 24

Paris QB will have a big game, he is just to fast and shifty for the Perryville defence.
Do you realize Two Rivers has only scored 3 points this year?

Red Devil Dad

I'm predicting a moral victory for Two Rivers. 

YC

By Kevin Taylor / Times Record / ktaylor@swtimes.com

Charleston

Unbeaten through six games, the Charleston Tigers haven't exactly pummeled their first six opponents. But they haven't had much of a full roster, either.
That's about to change.
"At one point against Paris (two weeks ago), we had one of our seven defensive front guys that were playing in our opener (vs. Dardanelle)," Charleston coach Greg Kendrick said. "It's just been one of those years."
The Tigers will get two of their defensive/offensive linemen back this week with the return of Shane Turner (left tackle) and Cameron Bonds (left guard).
Sean Michael Flanagan, who set the world on fire his sophomore and junior seasons, has been stuck on eight receptions for 171 yards since the first half of the Ozark game — four games ago.
"He's about 90 to 95 percent close," Kendrick said. "(Brayden) Ketter will be out at least two more weeks. If we can get those two back, we'll be all right."

Paris

It's go-time for the Paris Eagles. After dropping to 2-4, 1-2 with last week's 52-20 loss to Atkins, the Eagles hit the road Friday for Perryville.
The Eagles self-destructed in their loss to the Red Devils, losing three of eight fumbles and throwing two interceptions. DaKovan Wise ran for 93 yards and quarterback Kris Graham passed for 93 yards.
Wise, Justus Lee and Louis Koch accounted for Paris' touchdowns.
Matthew Ezell led the defensive charge with 14 tackles, followed by Travis Bryant and Blaise Woods with eight apiece.

Cedarville

The Pirates running game grinded out a key 18-12 win over Mansfield last week.
Tate LaRue ran for 117 yards and a touchdown last week. Bryce Duquette and Isaiah Lawson added 74 yards and 65 yards, respectively, and a touchdown.
LaRue leads the team with 547 yards and five touchdowns, with Lawson adding 514 yards and four scores.
The Pirates travel to Atkins on Friday and host Lamar and Paris before closing the season at Two Rivers.

Mansfield

The Mansfield Tigers are getting close. Not that being 1-5 through six games gives you much reason to smile
"Offensively, we must find a groove, with as many injuries as we have right now its difficult to find a rhythm," coach Craig Bentley said. "We will work hard this week to bounce back and move forward from here. We are very very young. In fact, we got even more younger this week, and moving forward as we will be starting two ninth graders."
The Tigers (1-5, 0-3) have lost two of their three conference games by a touchdown.
Mansfield travels to Two Rivers on Friday to play the struggling Gators. Two Rivers has been outscored 271-3.
"We can't afford to play like we are young, we have to find our motor and make things happen — play above our age," Bentley said".

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 12, 2017, 10:05:55 pm
I'm predicting a moral victory for Two Rivers.
To score two touchdowns would be a moral victory, since that's 11 more points than they've scored in the first 6 games combined.

beach bum

Anyone going to be at Perryville vs Paris for score updates since that will probably be the most exciting game in the conference....

beach bum

Perryville holding strong.... Cedarville playing with Atkins for a half so far?? Any updates on the other two games in the 4-3A??

Red Devil Dad

Atkins playing a little sloppy today.  Had the ball 3 time, scored 2 td' s and fumbled inside the 10.  Our punt returner had a brain fart and missed the catch and when he recovered it he ran it out of the back of the end zone for a safety.   Free kicked back to the pirates and they surprised us with a pass for a big gain.  Ended up scoring.  Second half should go a little better for the Devils. 

RedTigerFan

October 13, 2017, 08:19:03 pm #15 Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:54:27 pm by RedTigerFan

Lineman

Quote from: RedTigerFan on October 13, 2017, 08:19:03 pm
Mansfield is up 43-0 at half at two rivers. It's been all Mansfield so far.
Are you sure??

Longfellow

RedTigerFan

October 13, 2017, 08:52:53 pm #18 Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:54:44 pm by RedTigerFan

beach bum

Perryville/Paris and Atkins/Cedarville update??

Red Devil Dad

Atkins 35
Cederville 16
Final
Atkins played terrible but pulled off the win. I think Atkins let the homecoming jinks and maybe some looking ahead to next week.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: RedTigerFan on October 13, 2017, 08:52:53 pm
Looks like it'll be 43-7 Mansfield final at two rivers. Two rivers gets their first TD of the year on a trick play late in the 4th
Congrats to TR on their 1st touchdown. I guess that's only half a moral victory.

Red Devil Dad

I guess hoping they would get 2 td's was wishful thinking. 

On side

Sorry Beach Bum I was updating Perryville score on score thread and not on this post.

beach bum

No problem... Thanks to all with the updates.

beach bum

October 13, 2017, 11:00:27 pm #25 Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:02:03 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 13, 2017, 09:41:35 pm
Atkins 35
Cederville 16
Final
Atkins played terrible but pulled off the win. I think Atkins let the homecoming jinks and maybe some looking ahead to next week.

Cedarville playing a little bit more scrappy as of late by looking at their results.... Maybe they give Lamar or Paris a scare the coming two weeks. That would put them in the playoff picture having Two Rivers in their back pocket week 10. Perryville ran right through them like wet tissue a few weeks back, but it appears that Perryville seems to be good at doing that to everyone as of late.

Red Devil Dad

Cederville surprised us, they have averaged 5 yards a game passing all season and tonight they started throwing the ball.  Didn't do it well but our boys were thinking run every play.  They got a few big plays on us with their passes.  Atkins shot themselves in the foot more than anything. Penalties, turnovers, and bone headed decisions.    I just hope they clean it up by next week, Charleston will mercy rule us if we play like we did tonight.  Good job to Cedarville for putting up a good fight and I wish them luck the rest of their season.   

A win is a win though and I can't wait for Charleston.  Great atmosphere and two good teams battling for the conference title.   Got to love it!

nastynice

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 14, 2017, 12:55:26 am
Cederville surprised us, they have averaged 5 yards a game passing all season and tonight they started throwing the ball.  Didn't do it well but our boys were thinking run every play.  They got a few big plays on us with their passes.  Atkins shot themselves in the foot more than anything. Penalties, turnovers, and bone headed decisions.    I just hope they clean it up by next week, Charleston will mercy rule us if we play like we did tonight.  Good job to Cedarville for putting up a good fight and I wish them luck the rest of their season.   

A win is a win though and I can't wait for Charleston.  Great atmosphere and two good teams battling for the conference title.   Got to love it!

Careful what you wish for!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: nastynice on October 14, 2017, 06:29:21 am
Careful what you wish for!
The road to the conference title runs through Ctown. Might as well get it over with. The only chance the Red Devils have is to beat the Tigers, even if the odds are against them. Stranger things have happened. After all, practically nobody except diehard Beaver fans expected Glen Rose to upend Prescott.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas