• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on Russellville?

Started by ArkansasBoy, October 07, 2017, 05:18:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 14, 2017, 09:35:39 am #100 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:52:16 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

WeRFootball

Well there will always be that guy who blames the outcome on something other than their performance...i was at that game too and the bottom line is the penalties were there both teams were sloppy.  Refs were a bit rough on both sides and they missed calls for both teams.  But as soon as you give them credit for losing a game you give your kids an excuse for future losses.   I've never been in a game or watched a game that was decided by the ref.  But I will question why RHS #10 Is not your QB..that kid has an arm and is comfortable in that pocket? 

ArkansasBoy

Excatly if you wanna talk about trash talk you should talk about your d-line talking trash all night but Russ still played better then anyone expected

ArkansasBoy

Quote from: WeRFootball on October 14, 2017, 09:36:14 am
Well there will always be that guy who blames the outcome on something other than their performance...i was at that game too and the bottom line is the penalties were there both teams were sloppy.  Refs were a bit rough on both sides and they missed calls for both teams.  But as soon as you give them credit for losing a game you give your kids an excuse for future losses.   I've never been in a game or watched a game that was decided by the ref.  But I will question why RHS #10 Is not your QB..that kid has an arm and is comfortable in that pocket?

Because number #3 was are qauterback until he got slammed on his head number 10 has been a better wide receiver then qauterback the past few games but he does have a arm Russ is going to be a dangerous team for the playoffs

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 14, 2017, 10:18:53 am #104 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:52:25 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

jeffslilbro

Arkansas BOY, maybe next year. But this year Russellville sucks.

hogsanddogs

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 14, 2017, 09:37:18 am
Excatly if you wanna talk about trash talk you should talk about your d-line talking trash all night but Russ still played better then anyone expected
Why don't you ask the guys for Russellville what they were saying at the game?  You had two guy who talked all night long. Both teams where mouthing... Saw a Russville player get pushed off the side by a Ref. After leaning down to talk crap to Noland while he was still on the ground, after being tackled by another Russellville player. The ref. Said something to Weaver as be pushed him to the sideline.The refs. Stunk it up on both sides. Womack is a big strong guy, no one liked seeing QB get slammed down. Having you QB go out did affect the outcome of the game. #10 is better anyway. Greenwood struggled on offense so defensively Russellville did some good things. Other than that Russellvillle was out played period. Good luck next week. Hope your QB is not hurt.

bulldogger15

Quote from: jeffslilbro on October 14, 2017, 12:49:36 pm
Arkansas BOY, maybe next year. But this year Russellville sucks.
+1 And they talk trash like they're good and cry when things don't go their way. Classy bunch!

GO BULLDOGS!!

maxswine

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 14, 2017, 09:03:23 am
I was actually on the sideline watching idiot maybe if wasn't for the cheap shot on are quarterback and the holding plenty that wasn't there the second int never happened it was on the ground

Hey ArkansasBoy.  Do you feel any vindication that the top guy from the Arkansas high school officials did come out and say that play should have been flagged on Greenwood?  I mean, it's well after the fact, but didn't know if you felt any consolation.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: maxswine on October 24, 2017, 07:32:36 pm
Hey ArkansasBoy.  Do you feel any vindication that the top guy from the Arkansas high school officials did come out and say that play should have been flagged on Greenwood?  I mean, it's well after the fact, but didn't know if you felt any consolation.

I guess we can just play two hand touch. 

maxswine

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 25, 2017, 08:29:35 am
I guess we can just play two hand touch.

Well, it wasn't a normal tackle, more like a suplex and should have been flagged for illegal personal contact.   

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 25, 2017, 12:41:35 pm #111 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:12:48 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: maxswine on October 25, 2017, 11:31:17 am
Well, it wasn't a normal tackle, more like a suplex and should have been flagged for illegal personal contact.   

This might be good.........Please explain to me what "illegal personal contact" is in your opinion.

maxswine

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 25, 2017, 12:41:35 pm
This might be good.........Please explain to me what "illegal personal conduct" is in your opinion.

It's contact, not conduct.  And that was the wording given.    I'm confused why you want my opinion, unless you thought I was just making this up.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 25, 2017, 02:17:54 pm #113 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:21:35 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: maxswine on October 25, 2017, 01:58:11 pm
It's contact, not conduct.  And that was the wording given.    I'm confused why you want my opinion, unless you thought I was just making this up.

I'm just laughing at this.  Explain to me how you or the "Top Guy from the Arkansas Officials" can explain how it was "Illegal Personal Contact"

By the way.........speaking of The Top Guy from Arkansas Officials.........I saw a thread on here saying he was fired.   Was this before or after he gave his 2 cents worth on the GW/Russellville body slam?

maxswine

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 25, 2017, 02:22:43 pm
I'm just laughing at this.  Explain to me how you or the "Top Guy from the Arkansas Officials" can explain how it was "Illegal Personal Contact"

By the way.........speaking of The Top Guy from Arkansas Officials.........I saw a thread on here saying he was fired.   Was this before or after he gave his 2 cents worth on the GW/Russellville body slam?

I said it wasn't my wording, but the wording given.  Geez am I speaking Chinese?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: maxswine on October 25, 2017, 02:45:17 pm
I said it wasn't my wording, but the wording given.  Geez am I speaking Chinese?

Here are your EXACT words dude:  "Well, it wasn't a normal tackle, more like a suplex and should have been flagged for illegal personal contact."

maxswine

Yes.  The guy used the words illegal personal contact.   Next post I said it was the wording given.

maxswine

My initial comment was asking Arkansas Boy if he felt any vindcation. It was tough for Russellville because an illegal play knocked their quarterback out of the game. I was wondering if he felt any better knowing it should have been a penalty.

Thing is it doesn't matter what anyone says, some on here will only believe what they want to believe even with fact presented. According to the rule given it should have been a flag.  I don't expect you to change your mind, but you are wrong if you don't. It's been handed down by "the guy" who reviews plays and he said it was illegal. And he knows better than you, me, or anyone else on here.

Click the link below and scroll to the 2:01 mark.

bulldogger15

Quote from: maxswine on October 25, 2017, 03:24:39 pm
Yes.  The guy used the words illegal personal contact.   Next post I said it was the wording given.
What does the "Top Guy from Arkansas Officials" call it when Coach Weaver stomped around on the sidelines like a spoiled 3 year old? Is that Illegal Conduct? He was appropriately flagged, but they may have made the wrong call on the exact wording of the foul. Infantile Conduct maybe? 15 yarder???

The play where Womach suplexed the Russellville QB may have been illegal, but it darn sure was impressive on the videos I've seen! WOW!!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

maxswine

Sorry. I don't celebrate penalties where kids get hurt.

BigR

Who is the top guy for officials in Arkansas that you are speaking about? (honest question)

maxswine

October 25, 2017, 05:16:51 pm #122 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:21:31 pm by maxswine
Quote from: BigR on October 25, 2017, 05:14:04 pm
Who is the top guy for officials in Arkansas that you are speaking about? (honest question)
I don't know all the inside and outs. But it's that link. Todd Allen. He does all the instruction for the AAHSO. I usually just watch that each week because it's pretty interesting. This week I saw that play and remembered they were talking about here on this thread.

I really didn't realize it was going to ruffle feathers. I just wanted the Russellville guy's opinion. To me if the guy says it's wrong then it's wrong. No biggie. Many missed calls all the time. But can't believe people argue. Just accept it and move on. For instance when I saw the Aggie was still in bounds and the Hogs benefitted this year I just thought, "Ooo. Bad call in our favor."  I didn't try to justify.

rona

Quote from: maxswine on October 25, 2017, 05:16:51 pm
I don't know all the inside and outs. But it's that link. Todd Allen. He does all the instruction for the AAHSO. I usually just watch that each week because it's pretty interesting. This week I saw that play and remembered they were talking about here on this thread.

I really didn't realize it was going to ruffle feathers. I just wanted the Russellville guy's opinion. To me if the guy says it's wrong then it's wrong. No biggie. Many missed calls all the time. But can't believe people argue. Just accept it and move on. For instance when I saw the Aggie was still in bounds and the Hogs benefitted this year I just thought, "Ooo. Bad call in our favor."  I didn't try to justify.

Good thoughts. Positive thinking that supports all parts of High School Football.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: maxswine on October 25, 2017, 04:29:27 pm
My initial comment was asking Arkansas Boy if he felt any vindcation. It was tough for Russellville because an illegal play knocked their quarterback out of the game. I was wondering if he felt any better knowing it should have been a penalty.

Thing is it doesn't matter what anyone says, some on here will only believe what they want to believe even with fact presented. According to the rule given it should have been a flag.  I don't expect you to change your mind, but you are wrong if you don't. It's been handed down by "the guy" who reviews plays and he said it was illegal. And he knows better than you, me, or anyone else on here.

Click the link below and scroll to the 2:01 mark.

"an illegal play knocked their quarterback out of the game"   Dude, you're just trying to stir the pot.  The play happened before the whistle was blown.  Was it rough? YES.  Was it illegal. .NO.   Now shut up about it and troll another thread!

maxswine

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 08:44:26 amWas it illegal. .NO.   

Sorry man.  I'll take an opinion of a guy from the AAHSO over you.  You are wrong whether you admit it or not.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: maxswine on October 26, 2017, 09:00:32 am
Sorry man.  I'll take an opinion of a guy from the AAHSO over you.  You are wrong whether you admit it or not.

I'm saying whatever dude's opinion your taking is wrong!   But nice try again.  Show me in a rule book where it's an illegal play and i'll shut up.....until then....zip it!  Go troll the PA board, they love guys like you!

maxswine

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 09:01:59 am
I'm saying whatever dude's opinion your taking is wrong!   But nice try again.  Show me in a rule book where it's an illegal play and i'll shut up.....until then....zip it!  Go troll the PA board, they love guys like you!

Did you even watch the video?  He pulls up the rule in the rule book. I'm trying to show you.  He highlights the specific play that is in question. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: maxswine on October 26, 2017, 09:03:19 am
Did you even watch the video?  He pulls up the rule in the rule book. I'm trying to show you.  He highlights the specific play that is in question. 

Quote the rule.  In the officials rule book.

Valleysports

October 26, 2017, 09:04:50 am #129 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:57:38 am by Valleysports
So the last time I was reading this thread, Bulldogg (a Jones disciple) was shooting his mouth off over this particular play.  He was belittling the opponent, players, coaches, fans with "whiner" comments and his usual (I can only assume Coach Jones taught) remarks.  Now we find that a video, of this particular play, is being used to show refs what bad officiating is.  Haha - of course big mouth deflected to disrespecting Russellville's Coach.  So I can't help but wonder about this Coach Jones. I mean is it really worth having your kids turnout to be classless, undisciplined, and disrespectful?  No dog in the fight - just observation.

maxswine

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 09:04:30 am

Follow that link.  Scroll to the 2 min mark.  The rule is quoted and shown out of the rule book.

maxswine

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 09:04:30 am

Rule 9.4.3G   Page 70  And if you follow the link, it's a training video with the EXACT play from the Greenwood-Russellville game you are talking about.  Whistle has nothing to do with it.  It's an illegal play that should have been flagged.  Click on the link and watch the play. 

This is unreal. It's like playing chess with a pigeon. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

I watched it.  3 words were used:  Vague, Ambiguous, Opinion.    We can all agree to disagree I suppose. 

maxswine

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 09:21:27 am
I watched it.  3 words were used:  Vague, Ambiguous, Opinion.    We can all agree to disagree I suppose.

Keep it in context.  He said the rule book is those things.  But he also this play should have been a foul on this play and is one that "we" miss. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

"He Said".  It was his opinion.  Obviously 5 officials at the game didn't agree with him.  They even spent time huddled up talking about it.   See how that works?  Most penalties in football are subjective. 

rona

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 26, 2017, 09:26:02 am
"He Said".  It was his opinion.  Obviously 5 officials at the game didn't agree with him.  They even spent time huddled up talking about it.   See how that works?  Most penalties in football are subjective.

#1"

zebradynasty

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 26, 2017, 09:58:49 am #137 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 10:03:01 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: Valleysports on October 26, 2017, 09:04:50 am
So the last time I was reading this thread, Bulldogg (a Jones disciple) was shooting his mouth off over this particular play.  He was belittling the opponent, players, coaches, fans with "whiner" comments and his usual (I can only assume Coach Jones taught) remarks.  Now we find that video, from some of this terribly officiated game, is being used to show refs what bad officiating is.  Haha - of course this big mouth turns to disrespecting Russellville's Coach.  So I can't help but wondering about this Coach Jones. I mean is it really worth having your kid turnout to be classless, undisciplined, and disrespectful?   

Edit: Doyouthink, are you a parent or Coach Jones product?  No dog in the fight, just curious.

I think you're showing how immature and classless you are.  How dare you call out Coach Jones and equate his character with some poster on these boards.  That's your first mistake.  Then, to accuse a high school player of being classless, undisciplined, and disrespectful....that's over the line.  You should be ashamed of yourself and taken out behind the woodshed.  Coach Jones is one of the most classy, respectful, and respected coaches, not just in Arkansas, but in the country.  You're showing your foolishness the more you post.  You're just pissy because you're the red-headed step child to Jonesboro.  You can have your opinions, even though they are moronic, but don't start attacking kids or coache's character based on one play.  And it's WAY OFF of you to attack them based on some lone poster on a message board.  Grow up and stop being a total tool!

BTW, aren't you the idiot always talking about pickleball?  lol  How about you spend more time playing your little kids game and less time talking about things you don't know anything about!  DB!

maxswine

Okay.  Well "He" is their assigner.  He trains them and officiates on the college level.  And if plays are in question, he makes the judgement if they are wrong. 

I would add if they are reprimanded, he is involved with that.  So, his opinion carries a lot more weight.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: maxswine on October 26, 2017, 11:12:24 am
Okay.  Well "He" is their assigner.  He trains them and officiates on the college level.  And if plays are in question, he makes the judgement if they are wrong. 

I would add if they are reprimanded, he is involved with that.  So, his opinion carries a lot more weight.

I thought he got fired.  I know I saw a thread about the top guy getting fired.  Maybe it was over this non-call?

Valleysports

LOL Jonesboro?  What's Jonesboro got to do with me?  So Bulldogg is still on the Greenwood Bench?  He's been posting on here since 1st grade. Surprised Jones allows his players to post on forums.  I know other high school coaches don't allow it.  I don't know Jones - I'm just telling you that Bulldogg, and other GW players in the past, are representing his COACH and School.  Are you a Jones graduate?  I know you didn't graduate from Ref school...  ;)

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Valleysports on October 26, 2017, 12:14:16 pm
LOL Jonesboro?  What's Jonesboro got to do with me?  So Bulldogg is still on the Greenwood Bench?  He's been posting on here since 1st grade. Surprised Jones allows his players to post on forums.  I know other high school coaches don't allow it.  I don't know Jones - I'm just telling you that Bulldogg, and other GW players in the past, are representing his COACH and School.  Are you a Jones graduate?  I know you didn't graduate from Ref school...  ;)

Nope, not a Jones graduate.  Just an adult that can recognize a guy with "little man syndrome". 

bulldogger15

bulldogger15

+1

Good clean suplex tackle. Best I've seen in a bit. Great form and solid finish by Womack! Looked like the Russellville QB was trying to gator role to get away from Womack and Womack had to bring him down. Football is a violent sport.

If the play was so bad and illegal why didn't Coach Whiney Weaver act like a crazed toddler after that play? Weaver acted like that on several other plays and was even flagged for his actions, but not that play at all. Just wondering after watching the Russelville game again.   

GO BULLDOGS!!!

maxswine

Again, just can't get excited over a play where a kid gets hurt.   It was an illegal play and the crew was admonished for the no call.  I think this is just one of these plays that you might be upset about if the roles were reversed.   But Allen is dead on.  This is the kind of play that we are trying to get out of the game. 

bulldogger15

Quote from: maxswine on October 29, 2017, 09:22:38 pm
Again, just can't get excited over a play where a kid gets hurt.   It was an illegal play and the crew was admonished for the no call.  I think this is just one of these plays that you might be upset about if the roles were reversed.   But Allen is dead on.  This is the kind of play that we are trying to get out of the game.
Football is a violent sport. You should probably stick to volleyball, horse shoes or tiddly winks if you're wanting a sport where players don't get hurt.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Valleysports

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 29, 2017, 09:49:50 pm
Football is a violent sport. You should probably stick to volleyball, horse shoes or tiddly winks if you're wanting a sport where players don't get hurt.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

It's a Contact Sport Sweety, Arkansas 6A football is hardly violent lol.  #getoverurself

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas