• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport @ Piggott

Started by sportsfreak12, October 01, 2017, 08:29:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sportsfreak12

What are everyone's thoughts?  I say Newport by 7

DogCatcher

Two big questions are who plays QB for Newport and does Piggot play the same they have the past 2 weeks.

ISU7

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 01, 2017, 08:33:38 pm
Two big questions are who plays QB for Newport and does Piggot play the same they have the past 2 weeks.
Maybe the teams they played the last two weeks were better. Rivercrest has played Piggott 13 times losing only ,once so tell  me who been dominating who.SMH.

Proud Buckaroo

Piggot will get the 5th seed this year.

Newport rolls.

sprained ankle

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 01, 2017, 08:33:38 pm
Newport has one kid that is 20-5 as a starter since junior high school and 1 that is 1-0 against one of the weakest teams in the conference. Which kid would you play?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 02, 2017, 10:25:14 am
Newport has one kid that is 20-5 as a starter since junior high school and 1 that is 1-0 against one of the weakest teams in the conference. Which kid would you play?

Will the kid with the 20-5 record be available?

sprained ankle

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 02, 2017, 10:59:28 am
Will the kid with the 20-5 record be available?
If he's not then there is no question.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 02, 2017, 10:25:14 am

Most success is based upon winning percentage

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Leo Marvin on October 02, 2017, 01:32:26 pm
Most success is based upon winning percentage
But you usually need a representative sample. One game does not provide that.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ISU7 on October 01, 2017, 10:10:25 pm
Maybe the teams they played the last two weeks were better. Rivercrest has played Piggott 13 times losing only ,once so tell  me who been dominating who.SMH.
rivercrest has played piggott a lot more than 13 times.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 02, 2017, 05:23:20 pm
rivercrest has played piggott a lot more than 13 times.
conference games.

redandgray

This is an interesting match-up.  I have a hard time wrapping my mind around each of these teams right now.

Oldhound56

Newport has 4 wins.  They have looked very focused and effective in 3 of those wins.  The GCT game they looked a little flat.  Still scored 47 points and won easily, but were not as sharp.  Gosnell, Lonoke, and Walnut Ridge they looked very good.  Dominant defense and an offense that can put up some points. 

The one loss to Hoxie was not the Newport team I have seen in the other games.  Very flat from the beginning and made uncharacteristic mistakes.  Rebounded well against Walnut Ridge and looked dominant again.  Walnut Ridge is down a little and lost their starting QB, but Newport didn't have theirs either.  Walnut Ridge also lost to Manila the week before, but led them late in the game. 

The game is on the road and that always makes it tough no matter who you are playing.  It gets tougher when the opponent is good and Piggott is a good team capable of beating anyone on a given night.  If the Hounds are focused I think they win the game, if they come out flat it could be a long night again.

Pulling for my  town.  Go Hounds!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldhound56 on October 03, 2017, 10:40:36 am
Newport has 4 wins.  They have looked very focused and effective in 3 of those wins.  The GCT game they looked a little flat.  Still scored 47 points and won easily, but were not as sharp.  Gosnell, Lonoke, and Walnut Ridge they looked very good.  Dominant defense and an offense that can put up some points. 

The one loss to Hoxie was not the Newport team I have seen in the other games.  Very flat from the beginning and made uncharacteristic mistakes.  Rebounded well against Walnut Ridge and looked dominant again.  Walnut Ridge is down a little and lost their starting QB, but Newport didn't have theirs either.  Walnut Ridge also lost to Manila the week before, but led them late in the game. 

The game is on the road and that always makes it tough no matter who you are playing.  It gets tougher when the opponent is good and Piggott is a good team capable of beating anyone on a given night.  If the Hounds are focused I think they win the game, if they come out flat it could be a long night again.

Will they have their #1 QB back?

ISU7

Quote from: Oldhound56 on October 03, 2017, 10:40:36 am

So why did Newport take a different team too Hoxie. Was it a outbreak of the flu at the school that week. lol  ;D Hounnds by 12

Skip Baymore

Quote from: redandgray on October 03, 2017, 10:06:25 am
This is an interesting match-up.  I have a hard time wrapping my mind around each of these teams right now.

+1.  Prob the most interesting game of this week to me.   I think Newport will win by at least 10, but nothing would surprise me a lot in this one.

ISU7

Quote from: Skip Baymore on October 06, 2017, 12:19:20 am
+1.  Prob the most interesting game of this week to me.   I think Newport will win by at least 10, but nothing would surprise me a lot in this one.
+1

Paperman

ISU7

Mohawks punished NP. Good win for Piggott.

Paperman

Proud Buckaroo

Well then... lol. What a win for Piggott.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 07, 2017, 04:26:15 am
Well then... lol. What a win for Piggott.
The win was not a huge surprise but the margin of victory was. Was Newport still without their #1 QB?

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 07, 2017, 10:39:02 am
The win was not a huge surprise but the margin of victory was. Was Newport still without their #1 QB?
And #2 qb after last night.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on October 07, 2017, 11:32:20 am
And #2 qb after last night.
When did #2 go down?

Will either be back by next week?

DogCatcher

There #1 came in when #2 went down. Piggot played a great game, dominant in every way last night. Newport looked like they were playing in sand.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 07, 2017, 03:56:25 pm
There #1 came in when #2 went down. Piggot played a great game, dominant in every way last night. Newport looked like they were playing in sand.

You can see the entire game on YouTube. Piggott dominated the line of scrimmage the entire game.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 08, 2017, 12:37:45 am
You can see the entire game on YouTube. Piggott dominated the line of scrimmage the entire game.
Oh now he tells you where you can see the game lol just picking with you Coltfan 2005

sprained ankle

The Hounds are not a very good football team at the moment!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ISU7 on October 08, 2017, 02:07:46 am
Oh now he tells you where you can see the game lol just picking with you Coltfan 2005

Was just told about it Friday night
You can see all piggott games live on YouTube this year or watch it later.

DogCatcher

The hounds will look great, then look like Corning could beat them.

Oldhound56

Newport is dealing with the problem a lot of smaller schools have at times, injuries at key positions and no depth.  Newport is not a big team in numbers or size and Piggott lined up and was very physical.  Newport looked flat again, the sign of a very inconsistent team and just didn't answer the bell when Piggott hit them early. 

Hopefully, some of the guys are getting healthy and Newport can get back to the early season form.  If not, then who knows what could happen. 

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Oldhound56 on October 09, 2017, 08:25:43 am
Newport is dealing with the problem a lot of smaller schools have at times, injuries at key positions and no depth.  Newport is not a big team in numbers or size and Piggott lined up and was very physical.  Newport looked flat again, the sign of a very inconsistent team and just didn't answer the bell when Piggott hit them early. 

Hopefully, some of the guys are getting healthy and Newport can get back to the early season form.  If not, then who knows what could happen. 

Newport has bigger numbers than any other team in 3-3A.

Oldhound56

Newport has 36 kids and while that is decent numbers for 3A, they don't have depth at key positions and that is the point I was making.  They have suffered some injuries at those positions and it doesn't matter if you have 15 receivers, if you don't have enough linemen it doesn't help. 

Coltfan2005

According to Kait and Newport's own roster...they started the season with 50+ players on the High School team.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Oldhound56 on October 10, 2017, 07:38:47 am
Newport has 36 kids and while that is decent numbers for 3A, they don't have depth at key positions and that is the point I was making.  They have suffered some injuries at those positions and it doesn't matter if you have 15 receivers, if you don't have enough linemen it doesn't help. 

And I will agree, newport has a HUGE problem with a undersized offensive line that isn't very physical.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 10, 2017, 10:58:55 am
According to Kait and Newport's own roster...they started the season with 50+ players on the High School team.

Looked like they had a lot out after the Lonoke game.  They don't really seem to be the same since Week 3 for whatever reasons.  Turnovers seem to be a major problem.

Coltfan2005

I did count 7 in Jersey's but not suited up at the Piggott game.

ISU7

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 10, 2017, 11:13:13 am
Looked like they had a lot out after the Lonoke game.  They don't really seem to be the same since Week 3 for whatever reasons.  Turnovers seem to be a major problem.
Newport wasn't the same team before the season started.

sprained ankle

Quote from: ISU7 on October 11, 2017, 01:30:04 am
You are correct sir. When 7 kids who were seniors and starters are dismissed for disciplinary reasons it definitely has an effect. Here in Newport I admire our coach for standing up for what is right and making the tough decisions he made. Having a good football team is one thing, but the life lessons these kids should have learned from the bad decisions they made are far more important. The Coach has earned the respect of the fans in Newport and the kids that continue playing for him. 

Mike Bonds

Quote from: ISU7 on October 11, 2017, 01:30:04 am

True about the dismissals, but it didn't seem to affect them much through nonconference.  I'm sure it took a tool on depth, though.

I also agree about discipline.  That's one thing that Newport teams seemed to have lacked since the end of the Keedy years until the last couple of seasons.  Hopefully, they've got a coaching group that will see the program as a destination rather than just another stop along the road.

ISU7

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 11, 2017, 05:59:04 am
You are correct sir. When 7 kids who were seniors and starters are dismissed for disciplinary reasons it definitely has an effect. Here in Newport I admire our coach for standing up for what is right and making the tough decisions he made. Having a good football team is one thing, but the life lessons these kids should have learned from the bad decisions they made are far more important. The Coach has earned the respect of the fans in Newport and the kids that continue playing for him.
yep cause losing # 1and # 72 was a major loss.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas