• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoxie at Rivercrest

Started by Statsman, October 01, 2017, 12:25:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Statsman

Ricercrest and Hoxie playing extremely well, wonder how this game is going to play out. Two teams with great respect.

Proud Buckaroo

Rivercrest wins this one setting up a conference title between Osceola in week 10.

Paperman

Colts win this one! Mustangs D still not that great!

Coltfan2005

Mustang defense played well against Newport, also a fast team like the Colts. Still going to go with the Colts.

CoolBreeze

Both teams have losses: Rivercrest to 5A Valley View (4-1) and Hoxie to 4A Trumann and Westside. Both have signature wins: Hoxie over Newport and 'Crest the shellacking of previously highly-regarded Piggott. That said, I have to go with the Colts at home.

DogCatcher

Paperman

I think the Mustang D will be exposed the next two Friday's!

biglion1985

Not so fast my friends HOXIE by a field goal (lee corso voice) lol

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 01, 2017, 01:04:28 pm
Mustang defense played well against Newport, also a fast team like the Colts. Still going to go with the Colts.
How did Greyhounds defense play against the Mustangs? ?

Oldhound56

The defense played pretty good.  They gave up three big plays two of which scored and one that set up an easy score inside the 5.  The last TD for Hoxie came from the defense late in the game with an interception return when Newport was throwing down 2 scores with 3 minutes left.  Like I have said on a couple other threads this game was more about Newport not executing on offense than anything else. 

Hoxie played well, Newport played the worst game I have seen them play in years.  But I still give credit to Hoxie.  They are improved and their kids played hard.  I expect them to win another game that will surprise some folks. 

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Both are good teams and each have their pros and cons. I don't expect anything less than a dog fight to the end!! Coach Sears is a great coach and I'm sure his boys as always are well disciplined!! Colts won last year, but the Stangs claimed a W the last time in the Cotton Patch!
Colts 27
Stangs 21

DogCatcher

Hoxie 21
Colts 20
Cotton patch 7
For the colts win.

luxora4life

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on October 02, 2017, 10:30:32 am
Both are good teams and each have their pros and cons. I don't expect anything less than a dog fight to the end!! Coach Sears is a great coach and I'm sure his boys as always are well disciplined!! Colts won last year, but the Stangs claimed a W the last time in the Cotton Patch!
Colts 27
Stangs 21

this game will not be that close

sprained ankle

If Rivercrest plays like they did against Piggott they will roll the Mustangs. Colts by 21

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: luxora4life on October 02, 2017, 11:12:03 am
I hope you're right, just staying humble!

luxora4life

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on October 02, 2017, 11:43:28 am
I hope you're right, just staying humble!

One can be humble while telling the truth!

DogCatcher

Quote from: luxora4life on October 02, 2017, 11:12:03 am
Newport was expected to beat Hoxie too, but we see what happened there. Anything can happen.

ISU7

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on October 02, 2017, 10:30:32 am
Colts 27
Stangs 21
Colts vs Mustangs. Surely this can't be a dog fight . 😷😷

ISU7

October 02, 2017, 02:11:10 pm #18 Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:14:05 pm by ISU7
Quote from: sprained ankle on October 02, 2017, 11:23:05 am
If Rivercrest plays like they did against Piggott they will roll the Mustangs. Colts by 21
I watched the Newport at Hoxie game last night. Let me say im glad this game is at Crest.😱😎

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: luxora4life on October 02, 2017, 12:05:40 pm
One can be humble while telling the truth!
Quote from: ISU7 on October 02, 2017, 02:07:52 pm
Colts vs Mustangs. Surely this can't be a dog fight . 😷😷
Dang rough crowd today, I picked us to win lol

ISU7

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on October 02, 2017, 02:17:17 pm
Naw bro i was being sarcastic saying it wont be a dog fight but maybe a horse fight. Now you get it. Lol😷💯

luxora4life

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on October 02, 2017, 02:17:17 pm

I wasn't trying to be hard on you, I just think the colts winning by 6 is a little bit to humble.  Even If Hoxie has improve this year, the colts may also be a better team than last year team.

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 01, 2017, 12:32:06 am
Rivercrest wins this one setting up a conference title between Osceola in week 10.
How do you go from week six straight to week 10..

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: ISU7 on October 02, 2017, 11:19:52 pm
How do you go from week six straight to week 10..

Because that's what I think happens. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

You are trip, man. Lol.

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 02, 2017, 11:22:25 pm
Because that's what I think happens. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

You are trip, man. Lol.
Lol PB im always on you just fun in games though.
Good luck too Smackover the rest of the season. Happy to see J. Jones getting reps on the hill.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: ISU7 on October 02, 2017, 11:37:36 pm
Lol PB im always on you just fun in games though.
Good luck too Smackover the rest of the season. Happy to see J. Jones getting reps on the hill.

Yeah, man. I just wish he had gotten a lot more in high school. Particularly in the semi finals.

redandgray

Hoxie is not a bad team at all.  Rivercrest, when firing on all cylinders, is stout.  What worries me is how we look on defense...we looked terrible against VV.  I don't like our usual defensive line alignment against spread teams.  We looked horrible on offense against Gosnell.  So, consistency is the big thing for me.  If we prepare and play like we did against Piggott....we'll be tough to beat.

CoolBreeze

Colts race past Mustangs and reestablish their dominance in the 3-3A.

bootlegger

Quote from: luxora4life on October 02, 2017, 03:46:52 pm
I wasn't trying to be hard on you, I just think the colts winning by 6 is a little bit to humble.  Even If Hoxie has improve this year, the colts may also be a better team than last year team.
luxora4life i think you are right about the colts being a better team this year than last year and if they can put everthing together like they did against piggot last week they should do good rest of year and playoffs.

Paperman

Quote from: redandgray on October 03, 2017, 10:10:06 am
Hoxie is not a bad team at all.  Rivercrest, when firing on all cylinders, is stout.  What worries me is how we look on defense...we looked terrible against VV.  I don't like our usual defensive line alignment against spread teams.  We looked horrible on offense against Gosnell.  So, consistency is the big thing for me.  If we prepare and play like we did against Piggott....we'll be tough to beat.
The trick with the Colts is knowing which barrel to fire! Absolutely fantastic and athletic team, you just don't know who is going to show up!

ISU7

October 04, 2017, 02:46:51 am #30 Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:50:20 am by ISU7
Quote from: redandgray on October 03, 2017, 10:10:06 am
Colts offense was missing a key player vs Gosnell.

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on October 03, 2017, 10:52:27 pm
The trick with the Colts is knowing which barrel to fire! Absolutely fantastic and athletic team, you just don't know who is going to show up!
No team plays the same week in week out ask Dallas, New England, and Atlanta these are professional teams.

Paperman

Quote from: ISU7 on October 04, 2017, 02:53:37 am
No team plays the same week in week out ask Dallas, New England, and Atlanta these are professional teams.
My point exactly 7! Holy cow! Be geezers! The Colts do have scary good ability!

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: luxora4life on October 02, 2017, 03:46:52 pm
You know I know, just kidding with you fellas!

redandgray

Quote from: Paperman on October 03, 2017, 10:52:27 pm

Really, the offense has been dynamic...the Gosnell game just looked out of sync from the beginning.  Lack of concentration.  Guys turning the wrong way and things like that...I didn't see that before that game or since.  So, I believe it was just a fluke game offensively.  The Colts gave up points to Valley View, but fumbled inside the 15 going in to score the last two possessions is what killed that win.  Hang on to the ball and that's an easy W.  We had 3 fumbles going in to score inside the 15, 1 inside the 10 in that game.  The Colts have gotten better since then.  There isn't much depth as far as numbers, but the talent is there!

Hoxie has improved quite a bit....Rivercrest has improved by a lot from last year.  But when it comes down to just one game with high school kids, you never know.  I expect the Colts to win this game.

sprained ankle

Quote from: ISU7 on October 02, 2017, 02:11:10 pm
I watched the Newport at Hoxie game last night. Let me say im glad this game is at Crest.😱😎
I agree

Paperman

Quote from: redandgray on October 04, 2017, 08:19:12 am
Really, the offense has been dynamic...the Gosnell game just looked out of sync from the beginning.  Lack of concentration.  Guys turning the wrong way and things like that...I didn't see that before that game or since.  So, I believe it was just a fluke game offensively.  The Colts gave up points to Valley View, but fumbled inside the 15 going in to score the last two possessions is what killed that win.  Hang on to the ball and that's an easy W.  We had 3 fumbles going in to score inside the 15, 1 inside the 10 in that game.  The Colts have gotten better since then.  There isn't much depth as far as numbers, but the talent is there!

Hoxie has improved quite a bit....Rivercrest has improved by a lot from last year.  But when it comes down to just one game with high school kids, you never know.  I expect the Colts to win this game.
I agree! Missed the fullback against Gosnell! Plus QB just struggled all night! I think the Colts down the Mustangs and my great-nephew!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Paperman on October 05, 2017, 09:10:42 am
I agree! Missed the fullback against Gosnell! Plus QB just struggled all night! I think the Colts down the Mustangs and my great-nephew!
And in the process position themselves as a force to be reckoned with in the postseason.

TruthHurts

Colts out athlete Hoxie in this one.

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on October 05, 2017, 09:10:42 am
No blocking will make any qb look like they are struggling, wouldn't you think so.. ;)

Paperman

FB contributions are far greater than just blocking....🏈🏈🏈😎

CoolBreeze

This game should be the game of the week in 3A, not Melbourne at Clinton, despite the fact that both of those teams are 5-0. Rivercrest and Hoxie are undefeated in 3A competition, with the only blemish on their record a 3-point loss by Rivercrest to 4-1 5A Valley View. This game has far greater playoff implications.

CoolBreeze

What a game! Great comeback victory, Colts.

I told y'all this should have been the game of the week.

redandgray

Colts outscored Hoxie 22-7 in the 4th to win 43-33. Heckuva game!

Paperman

Mustangs came to play nice comeback win for the Colts!

bootlegger

For those that was wondering if Hoxie was a good team or just playing over their head,let me say they are the real deal and i dont think they lose again in regular season.Just my opinion.

501Arkansas

Quote from: bootlegger on October 07, 2017, 12:58:53 am
For those that was wondering if Hoxie was a good team or just playing over their head,let me say they are the real deal and i dont think they lose again in regular season.Just my opinion.
Stop it osceola will kill them

bootlegger

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 07, 2017, 01:16:26 am
Stop it osceola will kill them
then you also think osceola should beat rivercrest easily

501Arkansas

Quote from: bootlegger on October 07, 2017, 01:24:48 am
then you also think osceola should beat rivercrest easily
Nope two differnt teams, but you never know

bootlegger

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 07, 2017, 01:27:46 am
Nope two differnt teams, but you never know
the noles better get ready to stop number 4 Davis,he is a hard man to bring down

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas