• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barton v.s. Bald Knob

Started by AmericanVandal1987, September 30, 2017, 05:11:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanVandal1987

Little early, but what do y'all think?

Barton v.s. Bald Knob

HogRider12

This will be a great big on big matchup. Bald knob and Barton are 2 very physical teams. I believe Bartons speed on the outside will give them the advantage, and their huge lineman.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: HogRider12 on September 30, 2017, 05:45:48 pm
This will be a great big on big matchup. Bald knob and Barton are 2 very physical teams. I believe Bartons speed on the outside will give them the advantage, and their huge lineman.
Barton certainly has the hosses to take this game. The question is ball security. The Bears dodged at least half a dozen bullets against HA. Plays in which they mishandled the ball but somehow managed to hang on to it and often made a big gain. They might not be so lucky a second time. If they lose some of those, it could make a real difference in any game.

Proud Buckaroo

Grayte88

I think Barton wins but BK could get fired up and respond to the loss. Bartons size and speed will be tough.

Williebe147

Quote from: AmericanVandal1987 on September 30, 2017, 05:11:48 pm
Little early, but what do y'all think?

Barton v.s. Bald Knob

Bald Knob by 24. Passing the ball wins this for the Dogs.

AmericanVandal1987

Quote from: Williebe147 on October 03, 2017, 07:35:52 pm

Passing the ball is exactly what cost Harding Academy lol. Barton's defense was on point.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: AmericanVandal1987 on October 04, 2017, 10:44:19 am
Passing the ball is exactly what cost Harding Academy lol. Barton's defense was on point.
Not exactly. Davis Morgan threw for over 300 yards in the first half, and Harding scored 41 points in the game. What cost the Wildcats was an inability to stop the Bears running attack in the 2nd half.

AmericanVandal1987

He threw two picks in the second half which Barton scored on and an onside kick. There were a bunch of more reasons beside the running attack. A couple of passes were even well covered but due to the receiver for HA making a great play, they were able to come down with the ball. Even with the ball being tipped or swatted by the defender.

Williebe147

Quote from: HogRider12 on September 30, 2017, 05:45:48 pm

Hope the Bulldogs don't hurt too many of the Bears. BK will hit them like they haven't been hit and the fumbles will roll.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Williebe147 on October 09, 2017, 11:06:45 pm

Hope the Bulldogs don't hurt too many of the Bears. BK will hit them like they haven't been hit and the fumbles will roll.

If BK can create enough turnovers, they just might have a chance. Otherwise, not so much.

mohawk

I'm taking Barton in this one. Looks like their new coaching staff has that flexbone rolling!

CoolBreeze

Coltfan2005

Not too sure I agree that either of these teams are physical enough or fast enough to compete outside of their conference.

panther07

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 12, 2017, 07:26:40 pm
Not too sure I agree that either of these teams are physical enough or fast enough to compete outside of their conference.

Barton is definitely both of those things.  Disciplined and well oiled might be another story.  They have tendency to put the ball on the ground. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on October 12, 2017, 07:27:47 pm
Barton is definitely both of those things.  Disciplined and well oiled might be another story.  They have tendency to put the ball on the ground.
Right. Against Harding, the ball bounced right for them repeatedly, and they managed to retain possession. If it bounces the other way, Bald Knob could come out with a big win.

Williebe147

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 13, 2017, 11:49:26 am
Right. Against Harding, the ball bounced right for them repeatedly, and they managed to retain possession. If it bounces the other way, Bald Knob could come out with a big win.
Bulldogs were no  match for the Bears. The Bears led from start to finish beat the Dogs in al phases of the game including Coaching.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas