• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Westside @ Lavaca

Started by estep0520, September 17, 2017, 05:22:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

estep0520

Hornet4ever

Should be a good game, sounds like Westside and Lavaca are fairly equal in talent.

AT

JC-Westside will be amped up for this one. They'd love to make a statement here. Lavaca getting it at home makes it tougher for the Rebels.

beach bum

September 17, 2017, 07:33:11 pm #3 Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 07:35:57 pm by beach bum
This is a good one to watch for jockeying for a better playoff seed. Being a 5 nearly always equals an automatic loss in the playoffs in the first round. Getting a 4 seed and possibly playing a 3 seed from a bad conference if you get the perfect draw can be quite helpful. I am hoping Westside can pull it out, but I am leaning Lavaca by 6-10 points in this one.

threepeoplematter

Lavaca played the more brutal schedule it appears.  Did Westside play last Friday?  Lavaca had their qb hurt early on i think in their first game.  Is he back yet?  Will be interesting to see how this one goes, Westside has won, but Lavaca i think has played stiffer competition, even though they paid dearly it seems for that.

AT

JC-Westside did not play this last Friday. I do believe they had a game scheduled against Ozark JV last night.

estep0520

Yea they did but didn't play very many starters

AT

Quote from: estep0520 on September 19, 2017, 07:37:30 pm
Yea they did but didn't play very many starters

I figured they wouldn't. Basically was a JV game. Westside would have had to play some starters for numbers, but I bet everything was limited.

sickwillie

Lavaca folks, what're your thoughts on your new DC thus far?

threepeoplematter

Quote from: sickwillie on September 20, 2017, 10:06:38 am
Lavaca folks, what're your thoughts on your new DC thus far?

I think they will find out this week what to think about him.  It appears they have been out classed every game so far from a talent stand point.  They hung with Danville early I hear, but Lavaca doesn't have many kids, and some of their starters are injured.  We will see how they fare now that they are playing teams their own size.  Where does he come from?  Is he new?

sickwillie

Quote from: threepeoplematter on September 20, 2017, 11:20:37 am
I think they will find out this week what to think about him.  It appears they have been out classed every game so far from a talent stand point.  They hung with Danville early I hear, but Lavaca doesn't have many kids, and some of their starters are injured.  We will see how they fare now that they are playing teams their own size.  Where does he come from?  Is he new?

I knew they had pretty low numbers but I wasnt aware of the injuries. They'll figure it out in due time. Yeah, he is new. He went to Lavaca from Hamburg, but he spent a season at Hampton prior to that. He knows his stuff.

threepeoplematter

Quote from: sickwillie on September 20, 2017, 11:28:30 am
I knew they had pretty low numbers but I wasnt aware of the injuries. They'll figure it out in due time. Yeah, he is new. He went to Lavaca from Hamburg, but he spent a season at Hampton prior to that. He knows his stuff.

good to know.  I dont follow them directly, but I am in the general river valley area.  Lavaca is a program I have always thought could do something.  Hamburg has been pretty good, sick was he at Hampton with Ables or before that?

sickwillie

Quote from: threepeoplematter on September 20, 2017, 11:35:29 am
good to know.  I dont follow them directly, but I am in the general river valley area.  Lavaca is a program I have always thought could do something.  Hamburg has been pretty good, sick was he at Hampton with Ables or before that?

He came in the same year as Ables. Was the DC Ables first year, and the baseball coach, but left after the 2013-2014 year

threepeoplematter

Quote from: sickwillie on September 20, 2017, 11:38:21 am
He came in the same year as Ables. Was the DC Ables first year, and the baseball coach, but left after the 2013-2014 year

Most coaches know their stuff these days IMO, having the johnny's and joe's to do it, different story, this year may not tell the tale for Lavaca as a whole team, much less the DC.  My opinion is if they give up a lot of points Friday night, he has his work cut out for him, wish him the best though.  This game will tell a lot about both teams.  Still going with Lavaca, injuries and all.

young_gun

I think Lavaca wins this by 2TD. They should be healed up and have a kid back after being ejected during the Danville game and missing last week. I believe they will end up being the 4 seed again this year.

Delta_Bravo

Good Luck to Coach Morphis and Lavaca this season.

estep0520

Westside 7    Lavaca 0.  5:16 left in the 2nd

Dragonsvoice

Hornet4ever

coachc9

Prouddragondad

threepeoplematter

threepeoplematter

Quote from: sickwillie on September 20, 2017, 11:28:30 am

sick, had a friend text me from the game, he said dc is a hyper guy apparently.  But their defense only gave up 7 tonight.  Not an overly impressive score but he said both teams ran it a lot.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas