• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma @ Vilonia

Started by AT, September 17, 2017, 12:07:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

The Airedales come in at 1-2 against 1-2 Vilonia. I think the expectations for most will be Alma wins by 2-3 scores. Vtown, in recent history, throws something at Alma early in conference play that they haven't shown all year and usually keep it close for a quarter or half until Alma pulls away.

I say...

Alma - 35
Vilonia - 3

Jimmymack

Does Alma still have a big offensive line like in years past?

AT

Quote from: Jimmymack on September 17, 2017, 12:37:27 pm
Does Alma still have a big offensive line like in years past?

At some spots. Smaller at other spots. The whole O-Line is new this year, but have done well for being so green their first 3 games against some stiff competition.

redsport27

Alma wins big to kick off conference.

The Future

InYoGrill

Seems like every year Alma has a dozen or two 6 foot or taller ogres on the field.  What you feed those young men out there?

AIREDALE25

I'm personally surprised we actually scored 28 on Greenwood. We played pretty good mostly. Way better then I thought we would. Greenwood needs to stop doing stupid penalties. No kicking players on the head. No targeting. That's stuff I expected from Van Buren if anyone not Greenwood. With that said long 2 hour drive down to Vilonia Friday I think Alma pulls it off 48-10

jeffslilbro

Greenwood lineman stumbled getting off alma guy. Didn't kick him in head. There was no targeting call. A call on defenseless player. (New this year). Bad decisions both sides. Bad reffing all around. Gwd had some breakdown in secondary coverage. Gwd wasn't taking game seriously. Seemed to wake up 2nd half. Watch replay before making accusations. Alma shouldn't have any competition from Bonneville beaten vilonia!!!

PA Dad

Alma should win this game easily.

P.F.G.

P.F.G.

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 17, 2017, 01:50:26 pm
Seems like every year Alma has a dozen or two 6 foot or taller ogres on the field.  What you feed those young men out there?

We moved our third String qb to LT this year. We have a big line for high school. They have played pretty well.

AIREDALE25

Quote from: jeffslilbro on September 17, 2017, 09:08:42 pm
Greenwood lineman stumbled getting off alma guy. Didn't kick him in head. There was no targeting call. A call on defenseless player. (New this year). Bad decisions both sides. Bad reffing all around. Gwd had some breakdown in secondary coverage. Gwd wasn't taking game seriously. Seemed to wake up 2nd half. Watch replay before making accusations. Alma shouldn't have any competition from Bonneville beaten vilonia!!!

Okay, well here's the deal. Greenwood did play diffrent. Myself along with about 6 or 7 other people I was talking with saw it, and there was a Targeting Call in the game. I remember that much, yes maybe he didn't kick him in the head, but they were playing dirty I guess you could say. But the Airedales fought through it played way better then I thought they would, and I am pretty sure the whole Greenwood sideline thought they would as well. You are right about tonight tho Alma will most likely run Vilonia over.
Good Luck Texarkana tonight!

PrivateLesson

Alma by 21

I can't believe seven has yet to post with his prediction? 

P.F.G.

Alma broadcasting this game?

InYoGrill

14-0 alma at half.  Still another half to put these dales down in the ground

Go eagles

P.F.G.

21-0 Alma now. Took the opening drive and 4 yard TD run by Oliver.

P.F.G.

28-0. WR screen from about 15-20 yards out.

The Future

InYoGrill

AT

Game went sort like past games have. Vilonia hung tough for a half and if a few plays go differently, they could be tied up 14-14 at half. But Vilonia isn't able to capitalize when they need to and Alma pulls away in the 2nd half.

Great to start 1-0 in conference on the road.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 23, 2017, 12:47:30 pm
Game went sort like past games have. Vilonia hung tough for a half and if a few plays go differently, they could be tied up 14-14 at half. But Vilonia isn't able to capitalize when they need to and Alma pulls away in the 2nd half.

Great to start 1-0 in conference on the road.

You are right Trackster. Most games going back 10 years, Alma was usually favored to win like also GW. But V has had many salty teams from going back 4 years back and after. Other than Stanley's predictable DW O, we hung in there but when you and GW got leads late in the game, we couldn't catch up to try and win with the time consuming same 3 running plays. 4th Q usually did us in by 10-20 pts.

jeffslilbro

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on September 22, 2017, 09:59:40 am
Okay, well here's the deal. Greenwood did play diffrent. Myself along with about 6 or 7 other people I was talking with saw it, and there was a Targeting Call in the game. I remember that much, yes maybe he didn't kick him in the head, but they were playing dirty I guess you could say. But the Airedales fought through it played way better then I thought they would, and I am pretty sure the whole Greenwood sideline thought they would as well. You are right about tonight tho Alma will most likely run Vilonia over.
Good Luck Texarkana tonight!
takes more than good luck, and your 6 or 7 (?) need to stop whining

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas