• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pre-Week 4 Top Ten Fan Voting Thread

Started by AT, September 16, 2017, 09:03:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

JacketDad

1) PA
2) Wynne
3) LRCA
4) Harrison
5) McClellan
6) White Hall
7) Nettleton
8 ) Morrilton
9) Alma
10) Batesville

Overdahill

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. LRCA
4. Alma
5. WH
6. Harrison
7. LRMcClellan
8. MoTown
9. WC
10. Nettleton

Deuceswild

September 16, 2017, 10:57:10 am #3 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:58:48 am by Deuceswild
Great week of football, I will likely watch highschool games all day today cuz I can't be at all these games at once. I will put the undefeated ones first as they earn the respect for their margin of victory and setting up well for the season. He goes:
1.PA- represented the state well, great job!
2. LRCA- I saw enough to know, they have the best chance to dethrone PA. They set up well for a crazy game that week if they get healthy. They have depth too.
3.Wynne- they keep doing their thang
4. Noodleton- stellar margin of victory
5. White Hall- margin of victory and weaker conference, they will likely rise late in the season
6. Harrison- lost a tough one but I love how we adjust and no major injuries reported going into conference
7. Motown- tough loss to a stellar team. Next week should be a showdown!
8. BB gun- they need to find a way to turn that into a rifle
9. McLovin
10. Irma- they may be 1-2 but they will be in the mix in the west.

redsport27

September 16, 2017, 11:12:52 am #4 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 11:25:22 am by redsport27
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. LRCA - great win
4. Nettleton - the team is showing out!
5. White Hall - Strong team. 3-0. I've seen better non conference schedules.
6. Harrison - Hard fought game. Will definitely bounce back.
7. McClellan
8. Morrilton - tough loss. They will adjust.
9. Alma - ^^
10. Beebe. 2-1. Lost to a respected Wynne side

Raider2011

1.PA
2.LRCA
3.Wynne
4.Nettleton
5.WH
6.Harrison
7.Morrilton
8.mcclellan
9.Alma
10.sylvan hills

PA Dad

Quote from: redsport27 on September 16, 2017, 11:12:52 am
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. LRCA - great win
7. McClellan
8. Alma - tough game but I only see them getting better.
9. Sylvan Hills
10. Beebe - 2-1. Lost to a respected Wynne side.

Well, so much for the old argument that Central is the weakest conference.  Five teams of this top 10 are from Central.  And most posters have four Central teams in the top ten.

I'd rank the conferences, in order of strength, as Central, West, East and South.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out over the season.

redsport27

Quote from: PA Dad on September 16, 2017, 11:24:20 am
Well, so much for the old argument that Central is the weakest conference.  Five teams of this top 10 are from Central.  And most posters have four Central teams in the top ten.

I'd rank the conferences, in order of strength, as Central, West, East and South.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out over the season.
I had to modify my Top 10. Completely left out Morrilton! Even though they lost, they are amongst the powerhouses in 5a

PA Dad

1.  PA
2.  Wynne
3.  LRCA  - 2 and 3 are very close.
4.  White Hall  - I'm not convinced but they are undefeated
5.  Nettleton-  ditto
6.  Harrison- close loss to LRCA just shows how good this team is
7.  McClellan - competitive every year for the last three years
8.  Morrilton- they will rebound
9.  Alma - after tough competition to start, they will start winning in conference
10. Sylvan Hills - there are several teams that could go here

DEVIL DOG HOG

September 16, 2017, 06:32:59 pm #9 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:03:42 am by DEVIL DOG HOG
1.PA                   3-0
2.L. R. C. A.        3-0
3.Wynne             3-0
4.White Hall        3-0
5.Nettleton         3-0
6.Morrilton          2-1
7.Harrison           2-1
8.L. R. McClellan  2-1
9.Valley View       2-1
10.Sylvan Hills     2-1
10.Beebe             2-1

InYoGrill

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. LRCA
4. Harrison
5. Motown
6. Alma
7. LR Mc
8. Batesville
9. WH
10. LR Parkview

PA Dad

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 16, 2017, 07:06:46 pm
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. LRCA
4. Harrison
5. Motown
6. Alma
7. LR Mc
8. Batesville
9. WH
10. LR Parkview

I almost put Parkview at 10.  They stayed with NLR the whole game.  I think Bolding has changed the culture.  Parkview may well make the playoffs and may make the second round.

AT

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Little Rock Christian
3. Wynne
4. Harrison
5. White Hall
6. Watson Chapel
7. Alma
8. Little Rock McClellan
9. Morrilton
10. Nettleton

Rick Swines

1. Pa
2. Wynne
3. Lrca
4. McClellan
5. Nettleton
6. Alma
7. Harrison
8. Parkview
9. Morrilton
10. White hall

Rocket23

Central is definitely turning out to be a lot tougher than anticipated.  Still hard to judge McClellan, Sylvan Hills, and Parkview.  Definitely more challenging.

AT

Bump to just say I'd like to close this by 7:00 PM on Tuesday. Get your votes in.

Bigboy36

1. PA
2. LRCA
3. Wynne
4. Nettleton
5. White Hall
6. McClellan
7. Morrilton
8. Harrison
9. Alma
10.Beebe

Pwil11

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Little Rock Christian
4. Nettleton
5. Harrison
6. Little Rock McClellan
7. Morrilton
8. Alma
9. White Hall
10. Batesville

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: PA Dad on September 16, 2017, 11:24:20 am

I agree.  The Central has the most depth of quality teams, and the West is right behind.  I think the Central is stronger at the top as well, obviously.  The East could surprise me with the emergence of Nettleton as a possible legit contender to dethrone Wynne.  We'll maybe know more about them after this week.  And I'm not sure what to make of the South. 

Youngsta71701

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Little Rock Christian
3. Wynne
4. Little Rock McClellan
5. White Hall
6. Nettleton
7. Alma
8. Harrison
9. Sylvan Hills
10. Morrilton

GhostofRosswoodCC

1. P.A.
2. White Hall
3. Wynne
4. LR mclellan
5. LRCA
6. Batesville
7. Alma
8. Nettleton
9. Harrison
10. Chapel

Mike Bonds

Quote from: redsport27 on September 16, 2017, 11:12:52 am
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. LRCA - great win
7. McClellan
8. Morrilton - tough loss. They will adjust.
9. Alma - ^^
10. Beebe. 2-1. Lost to a respected Wynne side

Here's my issue with Nettleton--although the margins are strong, they haven't really played anyone yet.  They'll get a bit of a test this weekend against Batesville, but the 5A East is clearly down this season.  Batesville lost pretty badly to a decent Jonesboro team and  got boat raced by Searcy--who, in my opinion, is starting to look like a 6A contender--so it's a bit hard to say exactly where the Pioneers stand right now.  Nettleton's opponents thus far have a combined 2-7 record, so the Pioneers will be a step up in competition for the Raiders. 

If Nettleton wins this game, it will be the Raiders' first win against Dave King's Batesville program.

Lumberjackfan1978

PA
LRCA
Wynne
Harrison
White Hall
Nettleton
LR McClellan
Morrilton
Alma
Sylvan Hills

Rick Swines

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 18, 2017, 11:53:05 am
I agree.  The Central has the most depth of quality teams, and the West is right behind.  I think the Central is stronger at the top as well, obviously.  The East could surprise me with the emergence of Nettleton as a possible legit contender to dethrone Wynne.  We'll maybe know more about them after this week.  And I'm not sure what to make of the South.

What has the west done to prove they are legit? Last year they went 1-3 vs. The east and this year they dont have a standout team.

PA Dad

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 18, 2017, 10:16:18 pm
What has the west done to prove they are legit? Last year they went 1-3 vs. The east and this year they dont have a standout team.

We'll see. I think Alma, Harrison and Morrilton are all good teams.  In the East, there is Wynne and then we'll see about Batesville and Nettleton.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 18, 2017, 10:16:18 pm

This season =/= last season.  Last season was a mess due to the Morrilton situation.  Had they been the 1 seed instead of the 4 seed, the West may have gone 3-1.  Who knows? 

There is more parity from top to bottom in the West than in the East.  In my opinion, the West has more quality depth than anyone outside the Central.  The East has great programs at the top, but I think the dropoff after number 3 is steeper than in the West.

PA Dad

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 18, 2017, 11:11:23 pm
This season =/= last season.  Last season was a mess due to the Morrilton situation.  Had they been the 1 seed instead of the 4 seed, the West may have gone 3-1.  Who knows? 

There is more parity from top to bottom in the West than in the East.  In my opinion, the West has more quality depth than anyone outside the Central.  The East has great programs at the top, but I think the dropoff after number 3 is steeper than in the West.

I think that is spot on.

walkingguy72396

Last years Play-off match-ups were skewed.  But the West 2 seed got to play the East 3 seed and got clobbered.  So  I hold on to my belief the East was better than the west in 2016.

That aside.

I do not currently feel that 3 and 4 seed coming out of the East will win a play-off game.  Just like most years.

Play-offs, already.  This topic is going to get wore out.

the voice

September 19, 2017, 04:28:28 am #28 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:57:25 am by the voice

It's early in the season and there's many questions to be answered. I expect things will start to shake out in the coming weeks.

Jackets3

1. Pulaski Academy             
2. Wynne
3. Little Rock Christian
4. Nettleton             
5. White Hall
6. Morrilton
7. Mclellan
8. Beebe
9. Harrison
10. Batesville

AIREDALE25

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. LRC
4. Morrilton
5. White Hall
6. Alma
7. Nettleton
8. Harrison
9. McClellan
10. Harrison

PA Dad

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on September 19, 2017, 02:26:33 pm
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. LRC
4. Morrilton
5. White Hall
6. Alma
7. Nettleton
8. Harrison
9. McClellan
10. Harrison

I didn't know you could vote for the same team twice!

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on September 19, 2017, 02:54:33 pm
I didn't know you could vote for the same team twice!

I thought you could vote twice but only for your own team  :D

Go Postal

1.PA
2.LRCA
3.Wynne
4.Nettleton
5.White Hall
6.Morrilton
7.Harrison needs to beat Motown to move up
8. McClellan
9.Alma
10. Batesville

AT

I'm going to close this in about two hours. AIREDALE25, if you change your poll before the deadline, i'll count it. But it won't be factored in as of now.

proud_dad

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Little Rock Christian
4. Nettleton
5. White Hall
6. Morrilton
7. Alma
8. Harrison
9. Batesville
10. Little Rock McClellan

RazorDad