• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England vs Magnet Cove

Started by Bigditchlion, September 16, 2017, 08:12:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigditchlion

Conference play starts! Thoughts on this match up?

Hawgpilot

Close one but I like MC in this game.

lionfan59

Defense needs to be worked on this week. Keep pounding the ball. Kick the ball further than the 40. Lions beat MC.

panther_forever

Going to be a close game magnet by 12

Countryboy5

footballfan-tastic

Is that two new Head coaches? 

Cheek

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: Bigditchlion on September 16, 2017, 08:12:11 am
Conference play starts! Thoughts on this match up?
I give England the edge over Magnet Cove.

old.dole

bigworm

Haskell QB picked that MC secondary apart. This game will stay close because thats what MC offense is designed to do. But i think my Lions get it done this week. Thats assuming we learn how to tackle by friday. Haha.

panther_forever

Quote from: bigworm on September 17, 2017, 08:53:02 pm
Haskell QB picked that MC secondary apart. This game will stay close because thats what MC offense is designed to do. But i think my Lions get it done this week. Thats assuming we learn how to tackle by friday. Haha.
We have a really tough o-line and d-line, and our d-line shut down the run game the past 3 weeks and our o-line is very hard to stop they play hard all game

MagicMike

MC has far an away the best run defense and far and away the worst pass defense of any team Parkers Chapel has played. It was like fire and ice.

panther_forever

Quote from: MagicMike on September 17, 2017, 09:41:10 pm
MC has far an away the best run defense and far and away the worst pass defense of any team Parkers Chapel has played. It was like fire and ice.
Sad but very true d-line and o-line can only do so much

bigworm

I agree. Lines look huge and solid.

orange_powerade

BlueCrew4U

Cove has played well and had terrible luck so far.  Go get 'em Friday Panthers.

Eaglefan70

Cove may have a massive D Line and O line but they don't have near the speed England does.  I take England by 14

flyhigheagles22

Its going be good game but i got my Lions by 14 that running back clarkson is showed out last week with 268 yards!!! If they can stop clarkson they might the win but i think the lions to fast and quick for the panthers.

bearfan

panther_forever

Its takes more than one player to win a game

bigworm

Quote from: panther_forever on September 19, 2017, 09:25:34 pm
Its takes more than one player to win a game

Thank the Lord we have more than 1 player.

N2DEEP

jsky14

panther_forever

Theres no way yall beat magnet by 2 or more scores at least yall beat a rank 34 team in 3a by 2 points

Eaglefan70

Quote from: panther_forever on September 20, 2017, 09:18:03 am
Theres no way yall beat magnet by 2 or more scores at least yall beat a rank 34 team in 3a by 2 points
That team has two D1 athletes in RJ Rice and their quarterback.  I am not saying England is just a one player team because they have two fantastic young running backs in the backfield.  England's speed will be too much and I think this game decides third place in 5-2A

BigLion10

baseball13

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: sickwillie on September 20, 2017, 11:30:29 am
no way. England by a TD

Holy Crap Willie!  We agree on something!

.....we're not that different you and me.... ;D  ;D ;D  ;D  ;D

sickwillie

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on September 20, 2017, 11:36:24 am
Holy Crap Willie!  We agree on something!

.....we're not that different you and me.... ;D  ;D ;D  ;D  ;D

::) ;)

Hogjr

I think the team that shows up and wants it more will go take the win. Both teams have it in them. It's gonna come down to who shows up and fights harder. Don't count out the secondary D for the Panthers. They have made adjustments. Conference play brings on a whole new spirit. I think Fridays game should be close one. Good luck to both teams.

baseball13

Quote from: sickwillie on September 20, 2017, 11:30:29 am
no way. England by a TD

come on now willie you must be spending to much time in PC and drinking that coolade. haha

panther_forever

bigworm

Quote from: panther_forever on September 20, 2017, 08:38:16 pm
Its not going to be that close mc by 12 at least

What makes you think this? Im not saying your score wont be correct. Im just womdering  why you're so confident that it wont be close.

bearfan

Magnet Cove D line and O line will just be to good

couch-coach06

Quote from: bigworm on September 20, 2017, 11:25:30 pm
What makes you think this? Im not saying your score wont be correct. Im just womdering  why you're so confident that it wont be close.

because MC played PC close and PC is in the big bad 8 2A and apparently according too most posters here a top 10 team .... 

BlueCrew4U

I honestly think if PC had known week 1 exactly what makes their team go that the Magnet score wouldn't have been as close.  They've made several changes in personnel.... defense especially that have made a big difference.  That said, Magnet has the best line we have seen so far and it's not even close.  That should keep them in some games as we enter conference play. 
We give them a hard time on game week but I've enjoyed the series with MC and hope PC can pick back up the series at some point in the future.  I was told this week that they weren't on our schedule for the next two years. Good folks over there!  Good luck on Friday!

sickwillie

Quote from: baseball13 on September 20, 2017, 04:59:46 pm
come on now willie you must be spending to much time in PC and drinking that coolade. haha

Haha haven't been down there in a few months  ;)

Lions84

GO Purple Lions! Crush the Cove.

panther_forever

Magnet cove rb and Lb is back hes been out the past 3 weeks should help out a lot

bigworm

Quote from: panther_forever on September 21, 2017, 04:48:53 pm
Magnet cove rb and Lb is back hes been out the past 3 weeks should help out a lot

Why was he out?

N2DEEP

During the summer he had his shoulder pop out and it took some time for it to heal and the coach was in no hurry to rush him back, which is smart. I am sure he will be a little off since being out for so long, but hopefully it will help.

bigworm

Oh im sure it will help. In 2a football every body counts.

bulldawg2016

Bigditchlion

Purple lions get things right this week and defense wraps up. England by 2 scores.

Hogjr

I hope y'all know ANNOUNCING injuries makes that player a target. Way to go!  However, not sure he will he back for this game full force. I'm interested to see what England has left as far as talent after graduating so many good athletes or are some of them ineligible now?  Regardless, England has always had some good talent.  Magnet has heart and hunger. This is gonna be a good game!

keohog

Prayers for the England player being taken off on stretcher.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: keohog on September 22, 2017, 09:01:25 pm
Prayers for the England player being taken off on stretcher.

Heard it was a helmet to helmet hit?

Ventman

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas