• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia Eagles state of program

Started by InYoGrill, September 16, 2017, 07:58:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vtown04

As a Vilonia alum from K-12 & former player I hope to see a change in the program this offseason for the sake of the players and community.  As a former high school coach I will admit that it doesn't always have to mean a coaching change.  The 2 months immediately after a season make for a great time to evaluate yourself as a coach as well as the other parts of the program.  Not just the head coach, but all involved.  I will honestly say that I did not watch a Vilonia game this season, instead I went and watch the school I had recently coached for.  I have very little real knowledge of the interworkings of this staff or the talent level of the players.  I just wanted to put this out there as I have already heard and to a small degree read some comments that are "change" oriented. 

As a side comment... If you think the lack of business/economy in Vilonia has nothing to do with athletic, as well as academic, success you blinded to the impact a community has on its school system.  On the flip side, if you are making the argument that it is even "near impossible" to have sustained success in football due to Vilonia's lack of business/economy then you are catering to the lack of ownership and "it's not my fault I'm not successful" mindset that so many in our culture have adapted.  Vilonia can be successful in football just like anyone can, it just takes knowing what your strengths are and hanging your hat there, while identifying weaknesses and developing a systematic approach to addressing those along the way.

bobcat81

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 03, 2017, 09:50:59 pm
End of the season tonight with longtime rival getting the best of us tonight and ending our disappointing season. The Vilonia Eagle livestream was amazing this season. Thank you VEFF for supporting this. The broadcast was extremely appreciated and well run. Young man Drake Toll is a superstar high school announcer who will be heard from in this state for years to come with his talents and energy. I heard he was 16 years old and every bit if 6ft5.

The stream is showing a new tradition started last year where the SR's at the end of the last home game line up on the middle of the field and one at a time hand a rose to their mom/dad for supporting them then they all go over to the rest of the underclassmen and comfort each other for the SR's last time. OUTSTANDING tribute and new tradition. Wish my son had the opportunity to do this years back.

Eagles will hit it hard next season. Good luck to the West teams in the playoffs!
Just watched the game on eagle vision.  I have to agree the announcer and side-line reporter are very profissional for such a young age.  Well done.

WTD

Need to start "Who will be Vilonia's next HC"... heard their current put in his letter of resignation today.

InYoGrill

Quote from: WTD on November 14, 2017, 07:13:51 pm
Need to start "Who will be Vilonia's next HC"... heard their current put in his letter of resignation today.

I was wondering when that would take place. Many may not know but Brad Bolding of LR Parkview expressed interest 2 years ago and the School Board was split on the decision so they passed on him. Be interesting to see what kind of candidates apply for RD 2 coaching search.

InYoGrill

InYoGrill

Overdahill

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 14, 2017, 07:42:53 pm

What you think?

If he wins the Iron Bowl he probably won't be available  :D

InYoGrill

sevenof400

Quote from: WTD on November 14, 2017, 07:13:51 pm
Here is a chapter that it is good to see come to an end.

AT

Vilonia's athletics have shown they are capable of competing in all sports. I wish Coach Young the best of luck and think this may be best for both parties involved.

Eaglefan70

I've heard a lot of good things about this new athletic director.  He seems to really wanna turn around the Vilonia Eagles football team.  He is a younger guy and really excited about what he can do.  They need to get in the weightroom in the offseason and work hard!!! I hope they can get a new coach that can turn the program around.  I also hope he moves them to the spread.  I have heard they aren't big enough in the trenches to line up for 4 quarters and play smash mouth football.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Eaglefan70 on November 15, 2017, 01:43:25 pm
I've heard a lot of good things about this new athletic director.  He seems to really wanna turn around the Vilonia Eagles football team.  He is a younger guy and really excited about what he can do.  They need to get in the weightroom in the offseason and work hard!!! I hope they can get a new coach that can turn the program around.  I also hope he moves them to the spread.  I have heard they aren't big enough in the trenches to line up for 4 quarters and play smash mouth football.

Unfortunately, they will still be Vilonia. That's the biggest problem.

sevenof400

Quote from: Eaglefan70 on November 15, 2017, 01:43:25 pm

He really hasn't had too much time to put his stamp on things yet, but given time I am anxious to see what changes are made.  One would think he will have considerable input into the next football HC hire and given his Conway connections I would not be surprised to see a 7A position coach take the HC ranks at Vilonia.  An emphasis on discipline will go a long way toward building something at Vilonia.

InYoGrill

Another huge consideration with the new head coach is what will happen with the existing staff??? There have been some coaches in V for a good long while. Many are well liked and respected by the kids and parents. I will be real curious as to who if any stay on the next staff and if so if those coaches go back and focus in their bread and butter coaching areas. There are some stud coaches who have recently dominated other sports at the 5A level.

Tuning in...

AT

Haha, IYG, you all but said the name "Stout"

InYoGrill

sevenof400

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas