• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Crossett. Let's get it started!

Started by AirWarren, September 16, 2017, 02:33:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Hard pill to swallow this year in 8-4a. Warren has no trouble with any team in our conference. I don't see this game being competitive at all. Jacks by 30 plus.

Sports Guru

September 16, 2017, 06:42:50 am #2 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:14:22 am by CrossettEagles14
Tough game for Crossett to start off with for the Conference opener. Warren by 36

Just hope we can score 3 points at least.

Eaglemaniac

Thoughts.....it's gonna be over in first quarter. Bo can use this game to experiment and try anything he wants.

Proud Buckaroo

dawg_days

EagleForLife12

At least we will get the worse game out of the way 1st...it can only get easier from here lol

Romeo

From my count, a win on Friday would be Coach Hembree's 100th win at Jim Hurley Stadium. 99-15 overall home record since 2000.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on September 16, 2017, 04:29:01 pm
At least we will get the worse game out of the way 1st...it can only get easier from here lol

No doubt!!

Lumberjackfan1978

Warren gets started this week towards another conference championship

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Crossett will play the Jacks hard, just like they always do.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 16, 2017, 06:45:24 pm
Yea I fully expect a hard tough game maybe we can get a few things worked out though

KASH dba The Lumberjack

That's what I hoping too. We know LRC and Stuttgart are good teams. It's time for the offense to step it up a notch or two and play better.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on September 16, 2017, 06:03:21 pm
From my count, a win on Friday would be Coach Hembree's 100th win at Jim Hurley Stadium. 99-15 overall home record since 2000.

I have a feeling that field will have a different name when he decides to retire.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: AirWarren on September 16, 2017, 07:17:17 pm
I have a feeling that field will have a different name when he decides to retire.
Why? What has he done for us lately?

Sports Guru

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 16, 2017, 06:45:24 pm
We will have to improve alot this week before we can hang with the Jacks... Warren 43 Crossett 7

Hope I'm wrong on this score. Go Eagles!

Jimbo Morphis

Eaglemaniac

We still have at least 7 starters out with injuries. I don't expect a miraculous healing session in Crossett this week.

PA Dad

Quote from: Romeo on September 16, 2017, 06:03:21 pm

That's crazy good.  I'm a big fan.

One of my constant themes, which many posters disagree with, is that good coaches make a big difference.  I think Warren's great success is due, in large part, to Cosch Hembree.  He is an outstanding coach.  And, the thing I admire most is that he plays the toughest teams he can in OOC play.  That's the best way to test a team and build toughness.  Kudos to Coach Hembree.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I really hate to see that Crossett is struggling. By the way they have been improving the last few years, I had them picked 3rd in our conference. I hope some of Eagles starters make it back in the field soon.

GuvHog

If Crossett can pass the ball well and play good defense, they could cause some problems for Warren but the Jacks will likely get the win.

LJ06

Quote from: GuvHog on September 17, 2017, 03:33:04 pm
If Crossett can pass the ball well and play good defense, they could cause some problems for Warren but the Jacks will likely get the win.

There is no likely they will

Sports Guru

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 17, 2017, 02:20:00 pm
I really hate to see that Crossett is struggling. By the way they have been improving the last few years, I had them picked 3rd in our conference. I hope some of Eagles starters make it back in the field soon.
I believe we are missing 2 really good wing backs right now which is a huge loss for us hoping for quick healing

Lumberjackfan1978

Hoping warren's offense will show lot's of improvement this week

Eaglemaniac

No danger in us passing!! Effectively anyway.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: PA Dad on September 16, 2017, 10:59:36 pm
That's crazy good.  I'm a big fan.

One of my constant themes, which many posters disagree with, is that good coaches make a big difference.  I think Warren's great success is due, in large part, to Cosch Hembree.  He is an outstanding coach.  And, the thing I admire most is that he plays the toughest teams he can in OOC play.  That's the best way to test a team and build toughness.  Kudos to Coach Hembree.
Exactly...there is not much difference in the athletes in Warren, Crossett, Hamburg, Etc. But Bo has drilled a winning attitude in the kids/town. They EXPECT to win, they KNOW the difference between winning and losing and they dont like it. But it seems as if some other coaches just cope with losing or say "hey we just dont have the athletes this year" there are years where Warren doesnt have the athletes, but they still make it happen every year. Unfortunately Crossett ran off the coach that was going coach to instill that attitude, Nason is trying though I will give him that.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on September 17, 2017, 09:17:15 pm
Exactly...there is not much difference in the athletes in Warren, Crossett, Hamburg, Etc. But Bo has drilled a winning attitude in the kids/town. They EXPECT to win, they KNOW the difference between winning and losing and they dont like it. But it seems as if some other coaches just cope with losing or say "hey we just dont have the athletes this year" there are years where Warren doesnt have the athletes, but they still make it happen every year. Unfortunately Crossett ran off the coach that was going coach to instill that attitude, Nason is trying though I will give him that.
Crossett didn't "RUN OFF" a coach trying to instill that. The coach you are referencing was offered the job 4 different times and turned it down each time.

BlueCrew4U

I think Nason is doing a good job fighting karma at Crossett.  They still haven't recovered from selling their souls to the devil by bringing in Bradshaw to undermine Johnson. 
I know that not everyone was ok with that move.  But it was designed to get rid of some bad coaches and the result was that probably their best two young coaches left instead.  Several years later, the program finally seems to be turning back the right direction under Nason but it's a big hill to climb.

good luck Eagles, but Warren takes this one by 28 Friday night.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 17, 2017, 09:20:01 pm
Crossett didn't "RUN OFF" a coach trying to instill that. The coach you are referencing was offered the job 4 different times and turned it down each time.
Yes you are right. I believe he knew that he didn't and wouldn't have total support from admin, was already on a short leash..but I'm not here to debate that. Also Kelly was a goldmine that we had, but not having up-to-par coaches probably led to him leaving too.

Rida4Life

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on September 18, 2017, 11:06:41 am
I think Nason is doing a good job fighting karma at Crossett.  They still haven't recovered from selling their souls to the devil by bringing in Bradshaw to undermine Johnson. 
I know that not everyone was ok with that move.  But it was designed to get rid of some bad coaches and the result was that probably their best two young coaches left instead.  Several years later, the program finally seems to be turning back the right direction under Nason but it's a big hill to climb.

In fairness to CHS, neither of those coaches was from Crossett and both drove nearly an hour to work every day.  It was just a matter of time before they took other jobs. 

EagleForLife12

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on September 18, 2017, 11:06:41 am

I think your right about the motive to bring Bradshaw in, but trust me...he never undermined coach Johnson, he truly stayed in his place as DCoordinator, but he changed the attitudes of the all the players, they BELIEVED they could beat anybody. He stayed in his lane but the players just kind of gravitated to him more and Johnson noticed it. No disrespect to Johnson at all.

Jimbo Morphis

Sigh

Oldbadger

Here is how to beat Warren.  Put intense pressure on the QB.  You will rush him on his passes and he will throw pick sixes.  Simple. lol

cuckoobird

I thought nasen was going to be the savior of crossett football? Looks to me like it's back in the cellar

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 18, 2017, 12:03:26 pm
Here is how to beat Warren.  Put intense pressure on the QB.  You will rush him on his passes and he will throw pick sixes.  Simple. lol

Maybe you should let a team with experience in beating Warren talk.

cuckoobird

When the little qb gets hit they'll just put burks back there and make at least 4 yards per play.

LJ06

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2017, 02:43:46 pm
When the little qb gets hit they'll just put burks back there and make at least 4 yards per play.

4 yards and a cloud of dust haha

sorryschooladm

Quote from: AirWarren on September 16, 2017, 02:33:16 am
Thoughts?
From an uneducated observer: Warren seems to try many options in the NC games.  It appears that the focus is on the conference and the post season. Most years this seems to be the case.  Last year of course was unique with  15-0. Coach Hembree and his staff appear to understand what is necessary to be competitive year in and out with limited numbers. Thanks and I enjoy the banter.

LJ06

Lumberjackfan1978

Overdahill

My prediction "................................................................................."

that was a moment of silence for Crossett  :-X

Oldbadger

Quote from: AirWarren on September 18, 2017, 02:15:03 pm

Actually I don't support Pulaski Academy or Watson Chapel.  The Badgers have only played you once in the last 7 years and you beat us 31 to 24.  We would like to try this year however!

Chief_Osceola™

PA Dad

Quote from: AirWarren on September 18, 2017, 02:15:03 pm

Well, am I qualified?

I'm kidding.  I have the utmost respect for Warren and Coach Hembree.  I know Warren has some problems but I expect to see them in the title game again this year.

AirWarren

Quote from: PA Dad on September 21, 2017, 12:09:19 am
Well, am I qualified?

I'm kidding.  I have the utmost respect for Warren and Coach Hembree.  I know Warren has some problems but I expect to see them in the title game again this year.

Of course you are hinson road :D

Overdahill

GuvHog

Quote from: PA Dad on September 21, 2017, 12:09:19 am
Well, am I qualified?

From what I saw last week, I'm not sure Warren will make it to WMS. WC should have won that game but had too many turnovers.

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on September 21, 2017, 01:59:10 pm
From what I saw last week, I'm not sure Warren will make it to WMS. WC should have won that game but had too many turnovers.
Aren't turnovers part of the game?

Typical Guv post......... :o

AirWarren

September 21, 2017, 02:43:01 pm #49 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:56:46 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: GuvHog on September 21, 2017, 01:59:10 pm

You said this same garbage last year. After Warren won.

I'm glad you think so, but Watson chapel is no measuring stick for state title success.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas