• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden @ rison

Started by bear for life, September 15, 2017, 09:23:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: Eaglefan70 on September 18, 2017, 10:11:54 am
I don't think Bearden will win the 8 I am just telling you what a Hector fan said.  I think the 8 will still be very competitive this year. All teams that go to state from 8 this year all have a good chance of making a run

I agree

Yogi bear

Quote from: baseball13 on September 18, 2017, 10:25:25 am
HG lost a lot last year in just one player. I don't know who else that lost but they are missing the qb from last year.    I couldn't remember when  the Bearden kid started q.b. it was around the game with Hector or the one after that.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Yogi bear on September 18, 2017, 09:35:30 am
I know what you mean there barebacker he will surely be missed hope he is back by the Hampton or h.g. game.
yes he had great two first games, he is our worst loss for injuries this next couple weeks. Welcome to the jungle Yogi Bear was wondering when you was gonna get on board no pun intended.

Yogi bear

Bearbacker do you know if they still have those replay camera's in rison?

old.dole

bearbacker52

Quote from: Yogi bear on September 18, 2017, 11:50:11 am
Bearbacker do you know if they still have those replay camera's in rison?

i dont know, but about half a mile away they have chicken house row, that when the wind is right, you can smell that gmo right on the field.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on September 18, 2017, 10:07:47 am
and how would a Hector fan know who will win the 8?  no offense but they see one, maybe two of our teams all year.  Of course he's going to say that about a Bearden team that beat them... it makes them look better.
I'm a Hector fan, not the one that talked to Eagle, but we have seen at least 3 teams from the 8 past 2 years. I was very impressed with Bearden but truly felt like we won that game and was the better team, just didn't get a few calls go our way but that happens. With that being said I feel like Bearden could win the 8 but would have to play better than they did against us. I feel like Rison wins it and the 2,3,4 seed are up for grabs between Bearden, Hampton, and HG. PC seems to have the 5 seed locked down year after year

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 19, 2017, 11:25:59 pm
I'm a Hector fan, not the one that talked to Eagle, but we have seen at least 3 teams from the 8 past 2 years. I was very impressed with Bearden but truly felt like we won that game and was the better team, just didn't get a few calls go our way but that happens. With that being said I feel like Bearden could win the 8 but would have to play better than they did against us. I feel like Rison wins it and the 2,3,4 seed are up for grabs between Bearden, Hampton, and HG. PC seems to have the 5 seed locked down year after year

I think both teams had some costly penalties, the bottom line is that Hector lost, was entirely due to Bearden taking away their ability to move the ball in the 4th quarter, then bearden's offensive line creating separation, allowing Tyler Perry to score.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 19, 2017, 11:52:44 pm
I think both teams had some costly penalties, the bottom line is that Hector lost, was entirely due to Bearden taking away their ability to move the ball in the 4th quarter, then bearden's offensive line creating separation, allowing Tyler Perry to score.
I wouldn't say both teams had costly penalties. Bearden only had 1 penalty all night which was an unsportsmanlike penalty. We had the TD on our 1st drive that they said we didn't cross the goaline on that y'all returned for TD. I will say that y'all did do better in the 4th offensively but Hector's run game dominated the 4th and drove at will. If we would've had 15 more seconds of game time we would have won IMO

MR#1

My not-so-bold prediction:

Rison - 26
Bearden - 14

Just have a feeling that Rison is a focused team this year.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 20, 2017, 12:01:47 am
I wouldn't say both teams had costly penalties. Bearden only had 1 penalty all night which was an unsportsmanlike penalty. We had the TD on our 1st drive that they said we didn't cross the goaline on that y'all returned for TD. I will say that y'all did do better in the 4th offensively but Hector's run game dominated the 4th and drove at will. If we would've had 15 more seconds of game time we would have won IMO

You had opportunities in the 4th quarter but you had at least two stalled drives, at times Hector did run the ball with Authority but not enough  to win the game  and your defense couldn't keep Bearden from scoring late in the fourth quarter.

bear for life

Hector fan stop crying the game over you lost find you another thread to cry on bears beat you bottom line

Yogi bear

I remember one play Hector scored on no signal from any official then somehow bearden gets the ball starts to run it out of the end zone and then they signal touchdown. I would say that call went y'all's way.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Yogi bear on September 20, 2017, 06:29:58 am
I remember one play Hector scored on no signal from any official then somehow bearden gets the ball starts to run it out of the end zone and then they signal touchdown. I would say that call went y'all's way.

seems that hectr qb was hard for us to stop, and hector had more plays over 20 yads, but in the red zone the bears made some great stops, forcing fumbles, the bend dont break was evident here..Hector will go deep in playoff run

Eaglefan70

Hector and CC from 5 have good chances at playoff runs

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bear for life on September 20, 2017, 05:14:21 am
Hector fan stop crying the game over you lost find you another thread to cry on bears beat you bottom line
Hahaha I'm not crying! We didn't do what we had to do to get the W. I give Bearden all the credit in the world and did after the game. I wouldn't say we had a call go our way on the one where took official so long to call TD. Our player was already 4 yards in the end zone and went to turn and give ball to official and dropped it. It was just the officials not paying attention lol. Maybe we can meet up again in the playoffs at Hector and have another competitive and great game to watch

bear for life

First Hector got to worry about beating Conway Christian before we can talk playoffs

baseball13

I hope the Bears pull it off but I don't think its going to happen.

cats- 30
bears-28

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bear for life on September 20, 2017, 10:28:42 am
First Hector got to worry about beating Conway Christian before we can talk playoffs
They will focus on that next week, gotta take care of a much improved Cutter team and homecoming festivities this week. Good luck to the Bears!

SOUTHARK99

Come on Friday. I'm going with the bears by 6. Tyler Berry is to much for the cats.

dawgpound

bear for life

I will take aaron stringfellow bad legs by 10

creamcheeze

Quote from: bear for life on September 21, 2017, 10:15:39 am
I will take aaron stringfellow bad legs by 10

What is Hampton's overall record against your Bears?

SOUTHARK99

trojanman

past only matters when it works in hamptons favor lol

old.dole

So is the daef guy and the stringfellow guy the same person?

baseball13

Quote from: trojanman on September 21, 2017, 11:25:38 am
past only matters when it works in hamptons favor lol

yea because Hampton has soooooooo much past.

trojanman

Im just saying it may not be you but sometimes its ok to talk about the past with hamptoners and sometimes the only thing that matters is this year. I just wish yall would make up your minds

baseball13

the last time Hampton had a past is in 01 or 02 something like that. Hampton was good last year but this is this year. Other than Rison the whole conference is a see-saw bearden was up then down now heading back up, hg was down now heading back up pc has been average but on the rise Hampton has been down but on the rise strong is up and down and woodlawn and hermitage cant get over the hump.

bulldawg2016

gooze55

fearlessfreddy

bear for life

Game day I got those bears by 6 ready for the hostile environment standing room only

#1wildcatfan

Daybreak pep rally at Rison this morning has the whole atmosphere here football ready! These boys are ready to go out play hard and hit harder......they are ready for war! Let's Go Wildcats!

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: #1wildcatfan on September 22, 2017, 09:08:19 am
Daybreak pep rally at Rison this morning has the whole atmosphere here football ready! These boys are ready to go out play hard and hit harder......they are ready for war! Let's Go Wildcats!

Tyler Berry has a Track meet on the new turf tonight.... Bearden by 3.

BigLion10

I hope Bearden has gotten better at stopping the run than it has the first few games, or it may be a long night for the Bears

RyanLR

This is like the big rivarly game of the week for the whole state isn't it?

Ventman

I would say it is, I'm going with Rison in this one on that new turf.

trojanman

Conference title could be decided tonight for the 8.. I think there are 3 other teams that could still spoil the run later in the season.

bear for life

Everyone talking about Bearden stopping rison smh u need to be more worried about rison stopping our two 4.5 speed receivers we have and plus that duel threat qb better known as Mr big play berry

Lumberjackfan1978

Should be a good game but I think Rison pulls this one out

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: bear for life on September 22, 2017, 10:43:48 am
Everyone talking about Bearden stopping rison smh u need to be more worried about rison stopping our two 4.5 speed receivers we have and plus that duel threat qb better known as Mr big play berry
Lake Village had a ton of speed as well and a talented duel threat qb, they crossed the 50 twice, and their qb was running for his life all night. I'm not saying Lake Village was as good as Bearden but, I haven't seen this much speed on a Rison defence in a long time.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on September 22, 2017, 12:03:17 pm
Lake Village had a ton of speed as well and a talented duel threat qb, they crossed the 50 twice, and their qb was running for his life all night. I'm not saying Lake Village was as good as Bearden but, I haven't seen this much speed on a Rison defence in a long time.

hold that thought............

bear for life

Make sure u have your popcorn and diet coke cause you finna see and x-rated movie

Risonwildcat212

The only thing this thread has proven is that some Bearden fans are thin-skinned and childish.
To all of the others, have a safe trip to Wildcat Stadium and I hope for a great game tonight.

bulldawg2016

Rison is gona play keep away! Bearden will have to score every time they touch the ball to stay in it!

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: bulldawg2016 on September 22, 2017, 12:41:03 pm
Rison is gona play keep away! Bearden will have to score every time they touch the ball to stay in it!

That's the same thing that Hector thought.
Bearden has the ability to spread you out, or pound you with the single wing. All the Bears have to do is keep the homies quite, and have a fair game called by the ref's, that's all, like last year. Same Rison team + lot of hype & optimistic expectations! 

bulldawg2016

Good luck with the refs! Lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 22, 2017, 01:03:25 pm
Bearden has the ability to spread you out, or pound you with the single wing. All the Bears have to do is keep the homies quite, and have a fair game called by the ref's, that's all, like last year. Same Rison team + lot of hype & optimistic expectations! 

From boxscore I didn't see Hector didn't play keep a way very well...

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 22, 2017, 01:03:25 pm
I don't think Bearden has any room to talk about refs lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas