• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle at Clarksville

Started by lizard1989, September 13, 2017, 05:42:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lizard1989

Just thought that the teams needed to be represented.  These kids come out and play hard every week, the least we can do is show that we are behind them.
I have not heard much about Clarksville this year. Anyone have input?

x14113

The Panthers are a team that requires playing all four quarters to soundly beat. Their single wing can prove highly punitive on defensive lapses.

That said, I don't expect their D to help them as much as it needs to.

lizard1989

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: lizard1989 on September 13, 2017, 09:22:53 pm
Do they pass much?

When you run the single wing... the only time you would pass is to keep defense off guard.

jazdill

Cville could possibly keep their 27pts/game average this Friday night in the same fashion they did last Friday night since lizards starters will not see the field the 2nd half or even the 2nd quarter is a good possibility

Big Red Fan

Quote from: jazdill on September 13, 2017, 11:54:08 pm
Cville could possibly keep their 27pts/game average this Friday night in the same fashion they did last Friday night since lizards starters will not see the field the 2nd half or even the 2nd quarter is a good possibility

You're awful salty towards Clarksville, while I'll admit they still need more horses in the stable they are much improved over the last 2 seasons.  Defense has been their weak point still yet this season.  IF the defense can get a few stops I believe the offense can put up some points against any unit Dardanelle rolls out on defense.

Lizard47

FoxandHound34

Lizard47

I know cville is much improved but look at the past and realize the kind of deficit they need to overcome

lizard1989

The LIZARDS will be ok if they play smart football.

unleasheddad

Lizard47

Cville is a far cry from chucktown, that's laughable :-*

GBattack

Lizard47

Big Red Fan

Lizard47

Indeed it was, cville is much improved and the single wing is boring to watch but effective as the game wears on. Lizards have a lot of 2way players and had to hold on at the end. Good job Lizards and props to panthers for giving us a little scare.

Sigmund Sauer

Clarks may not win many games, but those boys are having fun. There was one play where their offense was dropped for a 5 yard loss and one of the players was break dancing before the whistle even blew. He had some pretty good moves. So bizarre, yet entertaining.

Lizard47

I'm glad for them, really felt bad for a 5a team that we were beating by 40+ every year. I expect they will get better and better at that single wing and cause some grief in their conference.

Sigmund Sauer

September 15, 2017, 11:28:29 pm #18 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:29:11 am by Sigmund Sauer
In the last minute they abandoned EVERYTHING that had gotten them back into the game. I realize the clock was a big factor.

jazdill

Boy, i definitely called this one wrong!!! I do feel the result of the 2nd half was more about how dardnelle played than cville being improved  but congrats to cville team for not rolling over.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas