• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-2A Picks for Week 3

Started by NEark tigers, September 12, 2017, 10:54:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEark tigers

Last Week: 4-2
Overall: 8-4

Last week saw some surprises I didn't see coming, especially Midland, who pitched a shut-out against Quitman, 20-0. I thought Cross County would put up a better fight against Barton, but I ws wrong big time. Earle and EPC cashed in big for me. With seven games on the card, this is the final week for non-conference action and it is time for me score big.

Picks highlighted in bold.

Batesville Southside (-10) at Cross County: Cross County is in a funk right now following a 40-point thrashing versus 3A Barton, and it doesnt get any easier as the Southerners from Class 4A pay a visit to Cherry Valley.

Corning at EPC (-21): Somebody forgot to tell EPC that they're rebuilding, but they are 2-0 and playing good football. 0-2 Corning will pose no resistance. EPC should roll big.

Jonesboro Westside (-8) at Marked Tree: Will be competitve, could go either way, but JW should win.

Piggott (-11) at Rector: Piggott will be too much for Rector.

Mountain View at Earle (-34): This date has been circled since last year, when Earle lost 38-8 in MV in a soaker. MV is 0-2, and are very young and the Bulldogs (1-1) will make them pay in a major way.

Midland (-1) at Cedar Ridge: Midland has a good chance to defeat CR, if they can stop the counter reverse between the running backs.

Salem at Melbourne (-2): Game of the Week in our conference.  I believe both teams are undefeated, and I hope the Hounds are not looking forward to Earle next week. It will be a close one with the Bearkatz winning in a close one.

Greyhound#1

I think you missed on three.  Cross county will wake up this week.  no way midland beats CR.  Salem wins @ Melbourne

Greyhound#1

oh and Salem never looks forward to play earle.......lol

bdubyab60

Only one I'd change is Midland and CR. Midland does seem to be better but CR hung with Earle for most of the game. Salem And Melbourne could go either way no problem with riding with the home team.

What's happening to CC is what I was afraid would happen.

But you Salem folks need to calm down just a little. While they are good no way this team is as good as the one that went undefeated/regular season and won conference a while back. The teams they have played so far wouldn't have even crossed midfield against that team. Don't take that as a slight that was a darn good team. This one could even win conference which is good

And I love my Warriors but we got some work to do.

Greyhound#1

i don't think we're as good as that team but we're solid.  This week will tell us a lot.

ISU7

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on September 12, 2017, 10:58:37 pm
I think you missed on three.  Cross county will wake up this week.  no way midland beats CR.  Salem wins @ Melbourne
Cross County will not beat Batesville SS
Melbourne over Salem

Greyhound#1

I like when ISU7 picks against Salem.  Our odds increase dramatically...lol

Greyhound#1

ISU7 were you been lately....dont see you posting on the 2A board much anymore

Paperman

I don't see any Wa this week, except Earle, who will destroy Mt.View! Piggott will beat Rector by at least 50 (if Coach Harrell wants too)

Mustang Fan

Midland vrs Cedar Ridge will be good game. Team that completes couple passes wins this one

RiceMan3

Is Bohannon at Earle healthy? Heard he was injured last week.

Pit Bull

Not sure if he's ready but our Junior QB will be ready to hold it down tonight....

Dogg

Bohannon is ready to roll. Mt. View showed Earle no love last year.  It's dry and the air raid will be unleashed plus a stable of running backs.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Paperman on September 14, 2017, 07:43:53 am
I don't see any Wa this week, except Earle, who will destroy Mt.View! Piggott will beat Rector by at least 50 (if Coach Harrell wants too)

Really, so your telling me corning will beat EPC?  No way.     I could understand questioning  the others but Corning beating EPC is a long shot.   I think there is better chance of Mtn view betting Earle then Corning beating EPC. 

bdubyab60

We aren't great but we should be good enough to handle Corning. Should have scored a few more times against WR. We controlled the game for 3 1/2 quarters. They had us outsized and it was starting to show late, had several players cramping.

I see us winning by a couple scores.

bdubyab60

Well a couple of ejections may help Cornings cause

Pit Bull

Earle 66-0 in a complete Air Raid, game was over 1st Qrt...

Dogg

If they had not started the mercy rule in the 2nd qt the Doggs would have scored 70 by halftime

bdubyab60

Glad you guys called the dawgs off lol But this is the reason they will win the conference and should be dangerous come playoff time. This is Bohannons year to shine and he needs to be turned loose

ISU7

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on September 14, 2017, 01:45:49 am
I like when ISU7 picks against Salem.  Our odds increase dramatically...lol
Well not this season didnt you see they got me on top in Pick' Ems. lol I been studying a little bet more this season, and i was right. ;D 8)

ISU7

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on September 14, 2017, 01:48:23 am
ISU7 were you been lately....dont see you posting on the 2A board much anymore
Been traveling back and forth to watch my son play. He's the top dog for the Philadelphia Soul arena League football team own by Ron Jaworski.(Eagles qb) Marcus Colston (Saints wr) and Dick Vermille (Eagles coach) This is my son 3rd Arena Bowl Championship in a row. 2015 with San Jose and 2016-17 with the Soul. He;s one of the top receivers in the league. Check him out when you have some time. Google Darius Reynolds. Philly have him on a billboard next too Wells fargo Arena right off interstate I-95. ;) 8)

Pit Bull

ISU7

Quote from: Pit Bull on September 16, 2017, 12:13:23 am
That's awesome ISU
Thanks bro. Nice revenge on MV lastnight . Next Salem ;D

Pit Bull

September 16, 2017, 02:57:44 am #23 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 03:02:22 am by Pit Bull
It's always a dish best served "Cold!" Bon Appetit...

Dogg

Was impressed last night with the Doggs. Bohannon didn't run the ball one time. The kicking game improved tremendously and if not for off sides penslties MT. VIEW would not have gotten a first down. coleman opened that air raid up last night.
We will unleash one of the fastest players maybe the fastest player regardless of classification in Salem Friday night. Go Bulldogs. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas