• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A Week 3

Started by PokeyRedskinStudentScout, September 12, 2017, 02:44:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

September 12, 2017, 02:44:26 pm Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:54:23 pm by PokeyRedskinStudentScout
We're to week three in the season already and conference play begins next week. Last week's surprises include Pocahontas's offensive struggles in the first half (-37 rushing yards), Gosnell's surprising 0-2 start, and Harrisburg getting to 2-0. Now to this week:
Osceola @ Pocahontas- The Seminoles are down 4 starters due to suspension. Would have been a close game, but home field advantage comes into play here. Redskins- 38 Seminoles- 24
Gosnell @ Rivercrest- The Pirates are 0-2 for the first time in a long time, and the Colts are 1-1 against two 5A teams. The battle for Miss. Co. 2.0 is won by the team from the Cotton Patch. Colts- 48 Pirates- 35
Paragould @ Trumann- If Paragould can stop the run like they did week 2, then they could hang in it. But the Wildcats run wild. Wildcats- 50 Rams- 36
Valley View @ Highland- A former conference rivalry comes back to Hardy, but Valley View takes it pretty easily. Blazers- 48 Rebels-16
Manila @ Brookland- The Lions have won the previous 2 meetings, but this year is the one that Brookland mauls them over with their size. Bearcats- 42 Lions-20
Westside @ Marked Tree- Westside is on their way up, and Marked Tree fell hard to Harrisburg. Pretty easy to pick this winner. Warriors- 56 Indians-12
Hoxie @ Cave City- Cave City, just as I predicted in the preseason, has struggled on both sides. Hoxie competed late against Trumann, but may only need the first half of this one, Mustangs- 35 Cavemen-12
Harrisburg @ Walnut Ridge- Harrisburg could finish non-conference at 3-0, and Walnut Ridge is a good test to see if they could hold up to a team like Cave City. Hornets-34 Bobcats- 18

luxora4life

Gosnell will not score nowhere near 35 point against Rivercrest.

501Arkansas

No way Pocahontas beating Osceola

luxora4life

Quote from: 501Arkansas on September 13, 2017, 12:00:21 am
No way Pocahontas beating Osceola

Osceola defense will have to play better than it did last week or Pocahontas will beat Osceola.

bigchief72455

September 13, 2017, 09:40:52 am #4 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:43:55 am by bigchief72455
Quote from: luxora4life on September 13, 2017, 08:39:02 am
Osceola defense will have to play better than it did last week or Pocahontas will beat Osceola.
I agree. If Pocahontas plays the way they did in the second half against Paragould for 4 quarters. The Noles defense will be hard pressed to keep up. It will be interesting to watch. If you are Pocahontas, do you play hard for all 4 in the last non conf game or do you do what is necessary to get a win but come into next week at Trumann healthy. The Trumann game next week will have big post season implications.

Qhcaoc

What is this about Osceola having some players suspended

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Qhcaoc on September 13, 2017, 09:51:40 am
What is this about Osceola having some players suspended
From what I saw they are all starters and have been suspended since the beginning of the season. Don't know who though

501Arkansas

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on September 13, 2017, 10:59:11 am
From what I saw they are all starters and have been suspended since the beginning of the season. Don't know who though
They haven't played any games so far, so the next man up had stepped up. Just two jrs they'll be right back next season maybe. Kids just have to put their pride to the side and think about the team and not themselves.

bigchief72455

Quote from: 501Arkansas on September 13, 2017, 11:04:34 am
They haven't played any games so far, so the next man up had stepped up. Just two jrs they'll be right back next season maybe. Kids just have to put their pride to the side and think about the team and not themselves.
Thats how championships are won.

501Arkansas

Osceola Update: Jr. CB Titus Harris has made a return to the Seminoles

Ghs21

Gosnell starting running back should return this week who was injured early in week 1. There best linebacker will probably still be out who was injured in the scrimmage game. Very young starting a lot of sophomores And. Freshmen. It will take a little while to click

bigchief72455

Quote from: Ghs21 on September 14, 2017, 10:17:03 am
Gosnell starting running back should return this week who was injured early in week 1. There best linebacker will probably still be out who was injured in the scrimmage game. Very young starting a lot of sophomores And. Freshmen. It will take a little while to click
How many freshman on the team this year?

Paperman

Osceola has no starters suspended. Those kids have not been members of the team this season!
They have not played a down this season! There are probably 8-10 young men who did not fulfill their obligations to the team who were not allowed to play by Coach Hooks! They made the decision to not do what the coach expected!

bigchief72455

Quote from: Paperman on September 14, 2017, 09:43:40 pm
Osceola has no starters suspended. Those kids have not been members of the team this season!
They have not played a down this season! There are probably 8-10 young men who did not fulfill their obligations to the team who were not allowed to play by Coach Hooks! They made the decision to not do what the coach expected!
Glad to know that he sets a standard for his players and expects them to meet it. Those kind of values and expectations will help prepare those young men on the team for life beyond football.

elvis26

bigchief the wildcats are going to warm up for pokey tonight at Paragould lol!!!!!!!! be ready next week because we will be!!!!!!!!

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: elvis26 on September 15, 2017, 04:33:59 pm
  bigchief the wildcats are going to warm up for pokey tonight at Paragould lol!!!!!!!! be ready next week because we will be!!!!!!!!
We will see you next Friday in Poinsett Co.  and ready as ever

501Arkansas

NEA Razorback olfan

501Arkansas

Osceola 42
Pokey 21
Osceola Derrell Brown has 6 touchdowns one coming from a 70 yard pick 6

HALFTIME

Blazer51

So as a whole is the 3-4a down this year outside of possibly trumann? I haven't kept up with it much since vv moved up to 5a

skins68

Yes! Very down! Truman is the best! I also think that Brokland and Westside will surprise!! They both are loaded with seniors!!!!

NEA Razorback olfan

501Arkansas

86 yard td run by Derrell Brown touchdown number 7 osceola 49 pokey 21 starting the 4th

501Arkansas

Osceola 49
Pokey 28
Final

bigchief72455

Quote from: elvis26 on September 15, 2017, 04:33:59 pm
Thanks for the warning.

Lumberjackfan1978

bigchief72455

It will be if the Skins can fix a few problems.

birddawg1986

bigchief72455

Thought Westside would have gotten it. Close game though.

ISU7

Quote from: luxora4life on September 12, 2017, 04:16:38 pm
Gosnell will not score nowhere near 35 point against Rivercrest.
Outstanding call. Offense struggled but that defense is stingy. Gosnell had their other go to runningback # 34  back tonight and Colts were with out there leading tackler Linebacker # 7  but Colts dee still played lights out. Good game by both teams. Collts will do well in conference 3-4A next season.

MtIndian

Marked Tree 28, Westside 27. The Indians stopped the 2 point conversion with just a few seconds left in the game.

ISU7

Quote from: skins68 on September 15, 2017, 09:02:01 pm
Yes! Very down! Truman is the best! I also think that Brokland and Westside will surprise!! They both are loaded with seniors!!!!
Gosnell has played three tough 3-3A schools. Gosnell will finish 1 or 2 in conference 3-4A. ;)

TruthHurts

This conference should be limited to 2 playoff teams this year

bigchief72455

bigchief72455

September 17, 2017, 04:38:56 pm #34 Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:43:24 pm by bigchief72455
Its just a down year so get your licks in while you can. I think conference will shape up alright. Pocahontas has faced 2 losses to two very good teams. If you look at some of the 2 and 3 win teams in conference the same can not be said about their competition.

skins68

Quote from: ISU7 on September 17, 2017, 12:24:31 am
Gosnell has played three tough 3-3A schools. Gosnell will finish 1 or 2 in conference 3-4A. ;)
Yes! You are correct! I completely forgot to mention them! After only losing to Osceola by one point and how Osceola dominated Pokey, I would put them as the favorite to win the conference! It will probably come down to the game with Truman! Pokey's defense is just not there this year!

Paperman

Tough loss for Westside. My nephew is there center and he got banged up again. Close game, but one they should have probably won. But by the same token, a big win for the Indians.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas