• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone out there?

Started by Gray lizard, September 11, 2017, 02:44:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog92

Quote from: AirWarren on September 12, 2017, 12:27:56 pm
Back when the GATA Craze was at its peak...when cowboy, Bullseye, and counterpunch was still a young unprofessional pup, I agreed to meet up with Mr B at the Warren star city game. That week leading up to that game star city had it in the bag. Warren was starting 8 freshman(class 2013 runner ups, 2014 title team) class. It was full blown GATA TIME. STADIUM WAS PACKED. There was also a lady poster on here from star city that hated my guts. Mr B advised me not to cross some imaginary line because it was a chance I would have been stoned to death by angry red faces people.

I could have swore I heard helicopters swarming my home during that time.....

It was a fun fun time. Star city eventually gave up beating Warren and had felt the wrath of being arrested off Hinson road in west Little Rock....
the only years yall remember are 2010 and back??

mr.b@sc

Back when the GATA Craze was at its peak...when cowboy, Bullseye, and counterpunch was still a young unprofessional pup, I agreed to meet up with Mr B at the Warren star city game. That week leading up to that game star city had it in the bag. Warren was starting 8 freshman(class 2013 runner ups, 2014 title team) class. It was full blown GATA TIME. STADIUM WAS PACKED. There was also a lady poster on here from star city that hated my guts. Mr B advised me not to cross some imaginary line because it was a chance I would have been stoned to death by angry red faces people.

It was a fun fun time. Star city eventually gave up beating Warren and had felt the wrath of being arrested off Hinson road in west Little Rock....
I saved your life that night by not telling her who you were, you would be buried in Lincoln county if she would have known your id. I am here but taking oldmans advice by RMPL

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 12, 2017, 01:21:27 pm
I saved your life that night by not telling her who you were, you would be buried in Lincoln county if she would have known your id. I am here but taking oldmans advice by RMPL
I never gave you that advice, good to see you on here.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Oldman on September 12, 2017, 01:25:51 pm
I never gave you that advice, good to see you on here.
I still get on here to do my picks but do to health problems i don't post as much.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 12, 2017, 01:38:09 pm
I still get on here to do my picks but do to health problems i don't post as much.
Hate to hear that. Hope you feel better.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 12, 2017, 12:51:07 pm
Coaches read everything we put on here. Some get a little perturbed at some of the posting.
I do my best. Got warren's assistants all stirred up saying the new field was ugly.

AirWarren

Quote from: Bulldog92 on September 12, 2017, 01:06:40 pm
the only years yall remember are 2010 and back??

In regard to what?? Haha

RZback

4A really went quiet. Hasn't been much.

OLDSCHOOL82

Ive been a watcher and or poster off and on for many many years.  More watching than posting probably.  Some years have been a blast.  Some not so much. 

AirWarren

Quote from: mr.b@sc on September 12, 2017, 01:21:27 pm

I owe my life to you.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: green-eagle on September 12, 2017, 11:40:40 am
Hamburg "LOINs" posters only comes out once they puts some wins on the board...which is just prior to the warren game.....then they get deflated and go back to their earthen homes underground until next year.......

but there are no more chest beater than those "star flakes" from Star City......
I will be here green eagle thru thick or thin lol, can't wait til our week when we face the Eagles on your home turf.     

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 12, 2017, 02:35:07 pm
Ive been a watcher and or poster off and on for many many years.  More watching than posting probably.  Some years have been a blast.  Some not so much. 
Such a big target I'm gonna leave it alone.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

One of my favorite controversies that got several panties in a bunch is when someone from Rison, I believe, call in to Drive Time acting like Blair Brown. The up roar over that was hilarious.

Romeo

September 12, 2017, 07:51:48 pm #63 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:22:39 pm by Romeo

Back in 2001, before Fearless Friday, I made a comment about a Monticello player on a message board that no longer exists. Nothing that would have been deemed offensive but apparently he saw it and was very upset about it. Someone who knew me identified myself to him and told him where I worked. That player came to my place of work and tried to fight me over it. That particular incident is why to this day I don't meet any other posters or identify myself to others, including Warren posters.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on September 12, 2017, 07:51:48 pm
Back in 2001, before Fearless Friday, I made a comment about a Monticello player on a message board that no longer exists. Nothing that would have been deemed offensive but apparently he saw it and was very upset about it. Someone who knew who I was identified me to him and told him where I worked. That player came to my place of work and tried to fight me over it. That particular incident is why to this day I don't meet any other posters or don't identify myself to other anyone, including Warren posters.

Wow. Haha

Brian G

September 12, 2017, 09:42:01 pm #65 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:56:32 pm by B.G.
The Shiloh days were a big part of the conversation for years on the various boards as their classifications changed.  That has changed now as they are an overall much more respectful and less controversial bunch.  Much of the change in schools presentation on this board is admin driven at school level. Many fans are not here any longer because they got themselves in trouble.  I bet I've had over a hundred people ask me to delete their account out of fear.

The board has in fact changed over the years as have we all.  It's more informational driven than ever before and we are at all time highs in year over year page views and number online at a time.

I was a huge participant for years in all the discussions.  Had a crapload of fun as did many of you guys.  For those around the longest, many of the same conversations just lacked the intensity the 4th or 5th time around the block.

QF was a long time ago.  FF was one of the earliest forms of social media before the juggernauts came along.  I post on those other media forms as well as here.  Hard to keep a job and life when you are on social platforms all day long.

I'm just a volunteer here and certainly can take the criticism.  Many of you probably don't know how close we are to being alike.  I risk rebuttal by posting in this thread but will do so anyway.

Just remember we are all volunteers as mods and admins.  Each person has their own way of doing things.  This board is a high school sports board with links to main media and with that came some change.

I love hearing old stories.  There are plenty that I was right in the middle of getting my dander up.  This board has endured and evolved to something a bit different.  That's not so bad.

Have a great night everyone.  Thanks for being here.

BG/QF/Brian

Brian G

September 12, 2017, 09:45:51 pm #66 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:56:50 pm by B.G.
I will also add that the constant changes of classes and conferences has ruined things in many ways.  Every two years you'd get realigned and about the time you got used to some fans and teams they'd be gone from your world again.

Old old rivalries gone due to enrollment growth or declines.  Many fun games are not even being played any longer.

AirWarren

The old KATV and Hootens boards in the early 2000s was an all out war. I remember finding this board when I was kicked off the hootens board and KATV waived the white flag.

All of which was expected....I was a 10th grader.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: AirWarren on September 13, 2017, 05:19:14 am
The old KATV and Hootens boards in the early 2000s was an all out war. I remember finding this board when I was kicked off the hootens board and KATV waived the white flag.

All of which was expected....I was a 10th grader.
So Joshua from Pea Ridge copied you for inspiration on his posts? You're his muse!

Gray lizard

BG things have changed a lot.  I understand some of what you are talking about.  I moderate on a Arkansas Hunting forum.  It is one of largest in membership and post in the Nation. You have to have rules. There will always be those that skirt or just flat out do not follow them.
The conference and classification realignments are something I had not considered.
This site is the go to spot for scores across the state.  I assume a lot of viewers never even enter the forum area just look at the score board.
Then again they may all tweet now days.
Thanks for a place to get information and discuss a little sports.

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 13, 2017, 07:39:46 am
So Joshua from Pea Ridge copied you for inspiration on his posts? You're his muse!

Haha. Not quite.

polksalet

This place much like Arkansas the planet in general is useless without Super Scrapper.

prHOG13

I think for the most part people that come on here have kids on the team and then disappear after they graduate. you'll get a new crop of folks every couple years

cuckoobird

Or they are kids actually on the team, like you, who knows absolutely nothing about football...

AirWarren

Quote from: polksalet on September 13, 2017, 08:12:33 am
This place much like Arkansas the planet in general is useless without Super Scrapper.

That's what I'm saying.......

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 13, 2017, 07:39:46 am
We need a couple Joshua's and BoBo's every year. Just a couple.

prHOG13

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 13, 2017, 08:47:13 am
Or they are kids actually on the team, like you, who knows absolutely nothing about football...
I'm just a little 8th grader. Been on this forum since the 2nd grade.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2017, 08:56:23 am
I think Josh was a good kid, just got a little emotional at times

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 13, 2017, 08:02:01 am
BG things have changed a lot.  I understand some of what you are talking about.  I moderate on a Arkansas Hunting forum.  It is one of largest in membership and post in the Nation. You have to have rules. There will always be those that skirt or just flat out do not follow them.
The conference and classification realignments are something I had not considered.
This site is the go to spot for scores across the state.  I assume a lot of viewers never even enter the forum area just look at the score board.
Then again they may all tweet now days.
Thanks for a place to get information and discuss a little sports.
Same with paintball forums. Even the moderators would talk a certain amount of crap. Young kids just getting into the sport were the worst. Mommy and Daddy would buy them 2 grand worth of gear and they thought they knew everything. A couple bonus balls to the back of the neck would shut them up for a couple weeks, then they would get mouthy again. Wash, rinse, repeat!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 13, 2017, 02:08:47 pm
Same with paintball forums. Even the moderators would talk a certain amount of crap. Young kids just getting into the sport were the worst. Mommy and Daddy would buy them 2 grand worth of gear and they thought they knew everything. A couple bonus balls to the back of the neck would shut them up for a couple weeks, then they would get mouthy again. Wash, rinse, repeat!
I'm not gonna say you're a nerd but.....

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2017, 02:43:28 pm
I'm not gonna say you're a nerd but.....
I've got all the gear we need to play. Come get you some and I'll make you my bi+(h...
I won't even shoot you in your tender spots for calling me a nerd. Lol

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Guess I'll get suspended for giving out a friendly invite to a gentlemen's game

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 13, 2017, 03:43:19 pm
Guess I'll get suspended for giving out a friendly invite to a gentlemen's game
I sure hope not. I'm at the age where I'm more of a sit on the sideline with a refreshing cold beverage kind of guy.

LineStepper

I read the boards for years before registering to post. Still don't post much but I read a lot. Yeah, the boards seem to be down this year, way down.

Overdahill

how about a Gooch?  :D

nastynice

Or that guy from Newport. Catchagreyhound or something like that. I can't remember his user name. Hornetsting is one of the funniest posters from years ago.

cuckoobird

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Dang Cuck, have to give you props on your poster name retention!

cuckoobird

I have a tendency to remember idiocy.

phdefense

I can only speak for myself, but the Admins are the reason why I quit. Not they will ever admit their short comings or take any responsibility at all. I also say this as someone who has never been banned.

cuckoobird

alaskanstorm

I blame it on the millennial generation.  It baffles me how people are expected to be inconvenienced to coddle these young pups; their condoning parents and fearless admins.

nastynice

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 14, 2017, 04:53:58 pm
I blame it on the millennial generation.  It baffles me how people are expected to be inconvenienced to coddle these young pups; their condoning parents and fearless admins.

Wow, this thread brought out the ever elusive alaskanstorm!

sevenof400

Quote from: phdefense on September 14, 2017, 04:29:17 pm
I can only speak for myself, but the Admins are the reason why I quit. Not they will ever admit their short comings or take any responsibility at all. I also say this as someone who has never been banned.

Talk about low hanging fruit....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas