• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone out there?

Started by Gray lizard, September 11, 2017, 02:44:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

Is it just me.  Does not seem like much excitement for the 4-A this year.  Where have all the posters gone?  We are in week 3 and it is hard to even get a response on a game.
Could have a great year in the 4-4A this year as far as a race to the top.  I notice no posters from several teams.

nastynice

3a is the same way, not much traffic.

SUGARTOWN

I agree with you on the lack of posters. Perhaps all of the threads the past year or so that were even remotely fun or interesting getting locked by mods has something to do with it. "Spirited" debate seems to be discouraged nowadays around here.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 11, 2017, 03:24:59 pm
I agree with you on the lack of posters. Perhaps all of the threads the past year or so that were even remotely fun or interesting getting locked by mods has something to do with it. "Spirited" debate seems to be discouraged nowadays around here.
yep, pretty much sums it up.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 11, 2017, 03:24:59 pm

Yep the boards dying as far as posting goes

SUGARTOWN

Also, the Star City posters seem to have gone away. They were always good for a laugh even though they weren't trying to be funny.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 11, 2017, 03:46:52 pm
Also, the Star City posters seem to have gone away. They were always good for a laugh even though they weren't trying to be funny.
yea never even here from counterpunch anymore it seems

Gray lizard

Yes this time of the year there was 100 different posters felt their team was going to win it all after a couple fluffy nonconference wins. Of course they would drift away as the weeks went by. Still fun to see people get excited for their schools.

LJ06

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on September 11, 2017, 03:50:14 pm
yea never even here from counterpunch anymore it seems

Counterpunch is a man of high authority these days. He can't post lol.

beach bum

Come on guys.... At least we got those exciting threads "Who won't win it all" to talk about this summer.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

The Warren/Hamburg threads were fun. I will just have to represent the Lions on my own this year and take it like a man lol. 

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on September 11, 2017, 05:11:40 pm
The Warren/Hamburg threads were fun. I will just have to represent the Lions on my own this year and take it like a man lol.
where is the other Hamburg posters this year are they waiting for the Warren game again before they come out.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 11, 2017, 04:31:03 pm

CP. Cowboy.

Man. Those were the days.

GATA

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: LJ06 on September 11, 2017, 04:31:03 pm

Curious to know what constitutes a position of high authority in Lincoln County

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Trump won... lost most of my angst when I turned the channel from Fox to CNN and saw the confounding bewildered look on Anderson Cooper's and Van Jones's face. That night was priceless. Then my son and his team went on to win another State Championship. We both have four rings between us and since gluttony is a sin, I figured I'd step back let other posters start uprisings for awhile. I'm changing this from a where you at thread to a excuse thread.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on September 11, 2017, 07:12:38 pm
where is the other Hamburg posters this year are they waiting for the Warren game again before they come out.
I think most of them had kids playing and left, but I will stick around and throw a few jabs when it's time lol. Last year was hilarious the week we played yal, I mean there was a few low blows thrown but it was all in fun.

Overdahill

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 11, 2017, 02:44:08 pm
Is it just me.  Does not seem like much excitement for the 4-A this year.  Where have all the posters gone?  We are in week 3 and it is hard to even get a response on a game.
Could have a great year in the 4-4A this year as far as a race to the top.  I notice no posters from several teams.

Nash lost to DeQueen. Its the end times  :-X

BM22

Quote from: nastynice on September 11, 2017, 03:24:11 pm
3a is the same way, not much traffic.
Yep, where is MAO at when you need him to stir the pot a bit. Lol

Scooter2121

The Sand Gizzards suck still so no fun poking them when they even know they suck!!

FoxandHound34

That's pretty bad scooter when you're own fan base knows you suck 😂😂😂

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 11, 2017, 08:35:20 pm
Curious to know what constitutes a position of high authority in Lincoln County

Grand Poopa of the cult. My Star City friends aren't on here because they don't want to talk about Star City football.

cuckoobird

The mods have ruined FF with their locking of threads and harassment of people who oppose their opinion. They remind me of the snowflake liberals you see on tv now days.

$aintMaximu$

I got banned from my own fan base for wearing tank tops...  Friday night I wore some sweet new kicks that light up... Early birthday present from the wife.  Can't believe she found them in a 12 wide...  That was my way of giving the middle finger to the poster that said I dress like a 6th grader  ;D....

NWA Hawg

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 12, 2017, 08:33:47 am
The mods have ruined FF with their locking of threads and harassment of people who oppose their opinion. They remind me of the snowflake liberals you see on tv now days.

+1
We don't want to hurt anyone's feeling's  ::)

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 12, 2017, 08:41:52 am
I got banned from my own fan base for wearing tank tops...  Friday night I wore some sweet new kicks that light up... Early birthday present from the wife.  Can't believe she found them in a 12 wide...  That was my way of giving the middle finger to the poster that said I dress like a 6th grader  ;D....

Spongebob tank tops.

AirWarren

Saint, LJ got mobbed by his own fanbase a couple of years ago. Critiqued the wrong player.

cuckoobird

Saint that's hilarious!! 😂😂😂

Gray lizard

Cookoobird that maybe some of the reason.  I have to say I admire you in a way.  You don't care how bad it is you still push your team and don't tuck your tail feathers and hide.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 12, 2017, 09:10:59 am
Saint that's hilarious!! 😂😂😂

Sad thing is I love those shoes... They are at home charging right now... Got a ton of compliments and I'm a ton of people turned their noses up too...  Airwarren I will have to look into the SpongeBob tank top, I'm a super hero kind of guy but I'm not above SpongeBob...

beach bum

I forgot about that Saint Max thing where that guy obviously couldn't handle any criticism about his little Timmy's team.... That was pretty funny. Honestly Saint handled that good cause that guy was a jerk and Saint blew it off.

nastynice

Kinda like removing the Political Forum. FF missed out on a ton of traffic during and after the election.....Earlier on the Lamar/Mt Ida thread they were warned for "snarky" remarks. Lol. Unless a post was deleted, I didn't see 1 post that was snarky. Just fun banter.....

beach bum

I always enjoy when new posters have no idea how to take Cuckoobird or a guy like oldman.....

beach bum

September 12, 2017, 11:02:37 am #32 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:04:34 am by beach bum
Quote from: nastynice on September 12, 2017, 10:59:06 am
Kinda like removing the Political Forum. FF missed out on a ton of traffic during and after the election.....Earlier on the Lamar/Mt Ida thread they were warned for "snarky" remarks. Lol. Unless a post was deleted, I didn't see 1 post that was snarky. Just fun banter.....

I loved the old political board. Most of my favorite posters on here are the ones I argued the most with down there. I should have known better than to be left of center and come on a website consisting of people from small town Arkansas and not expect I would be in the minority. I usually got ganged up on like 4 to 1 and beat up pretty good. I wasn't winning much down there, but it was fun while it lasted.

beach bum

Quote from: nastynice on September 12, 2017, 10:59:06 am

And to your 2nd part, I think as long as kids aren't personally being attacked which we are all really good about then they should just let things go more on here too. Let the adults banter back and forth and even if people want to dog on coaches or parents that is fair game too. They are adults too and should be able to have thick skin enough to handle criticism.

Nacho

The whole changing your name every week (looking at you coaches) is kind of old too. Just be who you are and be man (or woman) enough to have your own opinion and stick with it.

AirWarren

Quote from: Nacho on September 12, 2017, 11:18:36 am
The whole changing your name every week (looking at you coaches) is kind of old too. Just be who you are and be man (or woman) enough to have your own opinion and stick with it.

I think the wife of a Glen Rose coach got bent out of shape on here last Friday.

nuttinbuthogs

I have to agree, the board isn't very busy.  1-4A posters have all but quit posting.  There were a lot of posters a few years back, from several schools, now almost nothing. 

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on September 12, 2017, 11:20:44 am
I think the wife of a Glen Rose coach got bent out of shape on here last Friday.

Must have realized her mistake

nuttinbuthogs

Some posters are just posting when their team does well.

green-eagle

Hamburg "LOINs" posters only comes out once they puts some wins on the board...which is just prior to the warren game.....then they get deflated and go back to their earthen homes underground until next year.......

but there are no more chest beater than those "star flakes" from Star City......

mharris31696

I'm still here. I would consider myself to still be new to the message boards but I post every once in a while.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beach bum on September 12, 2017, 10:59:29 am
I always enjoy when new posters have no idea how to take Cuckoobird or a guy like oldman.....
I miss the days when entire towns like Star City were sending me threatening pm's.

beach bum

September 12, 2017, 11:43:32 am #42 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:46:06 am by beach bum
Quote from: Oldman on September 12, 2017, 11:42:43 am
I miss the days when entire towns like Star City were sending me threatening pm's.

;D  ;D  ;D .... The bulldog faithful keeping it classy. The one time I have seen their fan base the adults were trash talking and then later double nickels were scored on them by scoring 55 on them in playoffs. I think that was enough to quiet them.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Nacho on September 12, 2017, 11:18:36 am

Personally, I don't think coaches should be posting on here at all. Especially not during the season. I would hope they had something better to do with their time than posting on some message board.

Bigbossman

true.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on September 12, 2017, 11:42:43 am

Back when the GATA Craze was at its peak...when cowboy, Bullseye, and counterpunch was still a young unprofessional pup, I agreed to meet up with Mr B at the Warren star city game. That week leading up to that game star city had it in the bag. Warren was starting 8 freshman(class 2013 runner ups, 2014 title team) class. It was full blown GATA TIME. STADIUM WAS PACKED. There was also a lady poster on here from star city that hated my guts. Mr B advised me not to cross some imaginary line because it was a chance I would have been stoned to death by angry red faces people.

I could have swore I heard helicopters swarming my home during that time.....

It was a fun fun time. Star city eventually gave up beating Warren and had felt the wrath of being arrested off Hinson road in west Little Rock....

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 12, 2017, 12:24:16 pm
Personally, I don't think coaches should be posting on here at all. Especially not during the season. I would hope they had something better to do with their time than posting on some message board.
Coaches read everything we put on here. Some get a little perturbed at some of the posting.

Bigbossman

couple years ago the mena head coach got on here and really stuck his foot in his mouth it was a classic thread.

another great thread was one, and i can never remember the towns, I think it was star city and hamburg, and it may have been a junior high game, coach on the side line was yelling for his team to take out the other team, a big debate about a bobo kid....there was like a fight on the field, think someone was swinging numb-chucks and a coach was choke slamming a mom or something.... and before it was all over it became a debate about Larry's pizza.

Big Fan

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 12, 2017, 12:51:07 pm
Coaches read everything we put on here. Some get a little perturbed at some of the posting.
The ones dumb enough to be on here are obviously looking for coaching tips.

Bulldog92

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 11, 2017, 03:46:52 pm
Still around, just doing more reading than typing right now!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas