• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 3 game schedule and predictions

Started by Razorback Red, September 10, 2017, 08:58:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

September 10, 2017, 08:58:23 am Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:08:57 am by Razorback Red
I'll start off by saying take my picks with a grain of salt.  I typically feel like I have a solid grasp on 7A, but this year is tougher.  Two things I do know, Harber and NLR are both very good.  Not taking a shot at NLR, but they need to step up the noncon schedule like the other power 7A teams are doing. 

Jenks, OK at Harber- Don't let Jenks 0-3 record fool you (they have lost to 3 of top 4-5 teams in OK), they have talent and played Union very tough.  With that said, HB is ready and I'll go with AR over OK in a close one.  If you like HS football and want to see a good game, be in Sdale Fri night
Conway at Bentonville- I was so wrong on both of their week 2 games, I shouldn't be qualified to pick here.  Conway is better than last year and Bentonville showed they still have talent and fight with huge week 2 OOS road win.  Tigers by 7 at home.
Dallas Bishop Dunne (TX) at Fayetteville- FHS won last year, which prob doesn't bode well in this one.  DBD by 10. 
Lake Hamilton at Bryant- Bryant coming off the huge road win can't have a letdown, and I don't think they do.  Bryant by 14. 
LR Fair at Cabot- Cabot by a lot
LR Catholic at Jonesboro- If Catholic is going to compete with the big boys, this is a must win.  I like SJ, Catholic in a close one.
Parkview at NLR- NLR by a lot and then some
West at Muskogee, OK- Yes, West is 2-0 and looks good, BUT they haven't seen a decent team yet.  Muskogee is 1-1 and likes to score a lot, this will be a great test.  If West wants to play with the big boys, they need to win this one.  I'll go West with a close road win.
Northside at Pine Bluff- Always a good game, both teams have talent, and both appear down a bit.  I'll go Zebras just because it's at home, but could be a pick'em.
Heritage at Southside- Southside gets to cure the ills of losing to 2 of the top teams in the state the first 2 weeks.  Mavs by 17. 
West Memphis at Central- Central is way down, I'll go WM by 10. 
Springdale at Russellville- This could be a good one.  Red dogs looking good, need to win this one.  Sdale by less than a TD. 
Van Buren at Siloam Springs- VB better win this one, cause 7A West action is coming.  I'll go VB in a close one. 
St. Louis Normandy (MO) at Rogers- I know nothing about this MO team, so will simply go with home team close. 

Razorback Red

No other thoughts on the 7A games this week?

bbishop

Will be interesting to see coach Bolding back at NLRHS stadium.  I don't see PV having a chance, but I think he will have them fired up.

sportsguy80

I'm still torn between going to the Fv or HarBer game...

RamblinWest

I hope you're right on the West/Muskogee prediction.  The Roughers beat the heck out of us last year. 

Razorback Red

Quote from: RamblinWest on September 15, 2017, 01:17:58 pm
I hope you're right on the West/Muskogee prediction.  The Roughers beat the heck out of us last year.

Big 2nd half, nice road win for West.  Looking good headed into 7A West play. 

sportsguy80

Fayetteville with back to back thriller games

Razorback Red

Quote from: sportsguy80 on September 15, 2017, 10:26:08 pm
Fayetteville with back to back thriller games

That will end next week.  Not sure how long it's been since FHS beat BHS in the regular season, but they will win big next week. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas