• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Mt Ida run the table.

Started by jsw6f0, September 09, 2017, 12:51:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BO_KNOWS

I recorded it ... pee poor officiating

Proud Buckaroo

Then you need download a copy of the rule book. Yeah, officiating could have been better. But, Hampton was holding and blocking in the back quite often. They were also jumping offsides. You want to know why MI had only 3 flags? That's called discipline.

M.I. D

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 10, 2017, 05:18:30 pm
Then you need download a copy of the rule book. Yeah, officiating could have been better. But, Hampton was holding and blocking in the back quite often. They were also jumping offsides. You want to know why MI had only 3 flags? That's called discipline.

Amen. They lined up offsides on defense 2 or 3 plays in a row and a few others they got away with. It's obvious in the film.

Let em cry. It will never change a thing. You had your chance and had the best athlete on the field. If ya want to be mad be mad at your coach for not giving Thomas the ball till his tongue was dragging the ground. The best TEAM that played disciplined football won.

OLionSwag74

ghostoffootballpast

macadoshis

Besides Charleston, Mt Ida was the best team we faced all season.  I can easily see them doing it again. 

Bearden_Bear72

Mt. Ida def has good chance to own the conference.  When it comes to running table in playoffs it could happen, but I think one or two teams can beat them.  Early predictions are always fun lol.  Lions have the same RB as last year?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on September 10, 2017, 06:36:15 pm
Mt. Ida def has good chance to own the conference.  When it comes to running table in playoffs it could happen, but I think one or two teams can beat them.  Early predictions are always fun lol.  Lions have the same RB as last year?

Both RBs are back. Both 1200 yard rushers.

FilmCrew

Poor Entitled Hampton... 

I wonder who is going to cheat you this year?

FoxandHound34

FilmCrew

Wait... Hold on a minute..... I remember why they cheated poor Hamtiage.... According to Bo_Knows (2nd Place)....It was because Mount Ida was white... Isn't that right BO_knows (2nd Place)

BO_KNOWS

Yea 21-7 at half and it was ugly for Ida ,then flags started flying .. 5 TD's  called back .. give me a break.. cheated us out of a title but that was last year it's on to week 3 now.

FilmCrew

Eaglefan70

I'm just gonna throw this out here because I am about sick and tired of reading forums where "Hamptonites" make excuse after excuse.  You lost the title last year and there were calls that didn't go your way.  We are week 3 into a new season.  Let's grow up and support your team this year and prove you are good enough to go back to the ship. 

FilmCrew

I wish a post is all that it took for these guys to move along. They will say enough then the very next post start it again.

Classic snowflakes

BO_KNOWS

Like I said it's week 3 now ..
We got a runner up when most school don't

Lions65

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on September 10, 2017, 04:39:36 pm
I mean if your better than us and win we're cool with that but getting cheated in the finals still pisses me off.

Idiot! You guys cheated to get to the finals, 5 guys living in someone's uncles brother in laws rent trailer-you really feel cheated. You wouldn't even have had a team if it wasn't for the hermatige kids how you gonna cry a whole season, we have the rings didn't matter if we won the 1 or a hundred, we didn't hold and block in the back and line up off sides or flip the camera off. Y'all be luck to even make the playoffs this year so do you really want to meet up with mount Ida again?

BO_KNOWS

September 10, 2017, 09:26:51 pm #67 Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 09:32:07 pm by BO_KNOWS
Everybody wants the Hampton Ida topic but stop but here comes this guy !!

Lions65

Pretty sure your the whiner that got on here and started the crap. Y'all ran your mouth all season then got beat and can't shut up. If you don't want to hear it don't jump on every mt Ida topic and cry, nobody feels sorry for y'all.

BO_KNOWS

I'm gonna shut up now because you said so

doctor in the house

Anytime that I think back on the Mt. Ida-Hampton game the first thing that I think of is the play when Spurling takes the ball out of Thomas hands on the 1 yard line.. You can't blame that on the refs...

BO_KNOWS

dawg_days

I just don't think ida is a complete team. I think once y'all play a good defense like Rison or Hampton y'all will see it too. But y'all should have a good season. Those teams want come until November.

Hampton441

allstate22

I wouldn't say anyone is gonna run the table week 7 will determine it all.

bearbacker52

alumni john irons said they would for sure

BlueNGold52

Quote from: dawg_days on September 10, 2017, 10:02:54 pm
I just don't think ida is a complete team. I think once y'all play a good defense like Rison or Hampton y'all will see it too. But y'all should have a good season. Those teams want come until November.

I believe Mount Ida is about as "complete" a team as any in the 2A there are more talented teams out there but none better coached. They are more balanced this year than last with a spread element now thats accounted for big gains so far this season but its early and they will definitely not get away from their veer especially with the
seasoned offensive line they have. I can't speak for Rison but that Hampton defense better be WAY better than last yr because they couldn't stop the run game. Mount Ida is perfectly happy getting 3-4yds a carry its not pretty but if they stay on schedule those short gains end up in the endzone it just takes awhile a controls the clock.

old.dole

I think they will slip and lose a close one during the season. Idk which one but it will take some heat off there backs for a deep playoff run

Lions65

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 09, 2017, 09:04:44 pm
They'd probably work the buffet like a football field...slow and methodical just taking what the buffet gives them...

POST OF THE YEAR!

stuck in between

"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class and be humble"- John Madden. With that being said, Yes Ida should go through the regular season undefeated and probably make it to the semi's before they get challenged, but this should have also been the case last year when Dierks snuck up on them and beat them at their place. Yes, Foreman does stand the best chance of beating them in conference play. They (we) do have a very talented team with an abundance of speed. We will go into this game as the underdog as we should be, but to think that a win by the Gators is impossible is foolish. There are still four games that have to be played before this match-up as optimistic and excited as we all are I would like to caution us all as fans to pull back on the reigns a little bit and concentrate on winning these first. Granted none of us play, but our kids, students, nephews, etc. pick up on our habits. If we start looking past other opponents they will as well. Just wanted to get my 2 cents in before this thread gets locked.  ;)

Bearden_Bear72

Let go of the past people, cheated or not mt.ida won.  Can't change it.  This year thou a team that plays like them slow and methodical just getting what defense gives.  Considering not many teams do this anymore except a rison and a few more.  Mt. Ida can handle speed that has been proven the past few years,
Good coaching.  But any team can have a lucky night I guess

BlueNGold52

Quote from: stuck in between on September 11, 2017, 08:49:10 am
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class and be humble"- John Madden. With that being said, Yes Ida should go through the regular season undefeated and probably make it to the semi's before they get challenged, but this should have also been the case last year when Dierks snuck up on them and beat them at their place. Yes, Foreman does stand the best chance of beating them in conference play. They (we) do have a very talented team with an abundance of speed. We will go into this game as the underdog as we should be, but to think that a win by the Gators is impossible is foolish. There are still four games that have to be played before this match-up as optimistic and excited as we all are I would like to caution us all as fans to pull back on the reigns a little bit and concentrate on winning these first. Granted none of us play, but our kids, students, nephews, etc. pick up on our habits. If we start looking past other opponents they will as well. Just wanted to get my 2 cents in before this thread gets locked.  ;)

Well said!!! The loss against Dierks last yr in my opinion is what focused that team!! There was an arrow straight focus from that point on. That focus appears to have carried over into the past 2 games but there are many hurdles to cross before anyone "runs the table" and this week that hurdle is Lamar!

Hornet_03

Harmony is gonna be hard to stop after they get a win under there belt Garcia's suspension is over now

jsw6f0

Does anyone know anything about Lamar. I know the big QB is gone from last year

FoxandHound34

HG won't make it past the second round with or without Garcia they're not very good

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on September 10, 2017, 02:09:37 pm
17 flags vs 3 flags.. and after the game a Ida fan told me Hampton was cheated and I said " ya think "

Actually according to the official stats it was 14 penalties for 108 for Hampton to 5 for 27 yards for Mount Ida. Total yards was basically even at Hampton 355 to Mount Ida 346. Hampton people are quick to blame things out of their control for the loss such as the refs but its tough to win close games if you lose the turnover battle, which they did 2 to 1. Also, as I said all year last year, giving the best player in the state only 14 carries (a few of which were scrambles off the pass) is pure stupidity. Monta averaged 11.6 yards per carry and only received one more carry than the fullback who only averaged 4.5 yards per carry. How does that kid not get 20 to 25 carries in a state championship game. Check out Mount Ida's best backs. They got 27 and 19 carries a piece. The fact that Monta was only getting 12 to 15 carries a game drove me crazy all year.     

jsw6f0

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 11, 2017, 11:44:18 am
HG won't make it past the second round with or without Garcia they're not very good

jsw6f0

Camden HG has all their skill players back don't they? They looked pretty good at Mt Ida last year I would be surprised if they don't make a deep run in the playoffs. Their coach impressed me with how he handled his players seemed like a good guy.

Old Scrapper

there sure is a lot of beating and cheating going on to be fresh season.

dawgpound

NWA Hawg

BlueNGold52

Quote from: jsw6f0 on September 11, 2017, 11:28:44 am
Does anyone know anything about Lamar. I know the big QB is gone from last year
Their line play is supposed to be much improved but other than that there hasn't been much said other than a young QB that has played well so far.

gooze55

MANNNNNNNNN I LOOK AT MT IDA SCHEDULE THEY ARE NOT PLAYING ANYONE heck THERE NONCONF..... GAME ARE A JOKE  THEY SHOULD WALK OVER THE CONF WITH NO PROBLEM...... SCHEDULE SOME REAL FOOTBALL TEAM..... SOME OF THERE FAN TRYING TO HYPE THERE GAME UP LIKE MT IDA PLAY SOMEBODY lol

BlueNGold52

Quote from: gooze55 on September 11, 2017, 02:20:00 pm
MANNNNNNNNN I LOOK AT MT IDA SCHEDULE THEY ARE NOT PLAYING ANYONE heck THERE NONCONF..... GAME ARE A JOKE  THEY SHOULD WALK OVER THE CONF WITH NO PROBLEM...... SCHEDULE SOME REAL FOOTBALL TEAM..... SOME OF THERE FAN TRYING TO HYPE THERE GAME UP LIKE MT IDA PLAY SOMEBODY lol

Hey your CAPS lock is stuck!!! ;D
These games are schedule in 3yr series so there is no way to know who your gonna be playing.

gooze55

Quote from: BlueNGold52 on September 11, 2017, 02:37:51 pm
Hey your CAPS lock is stuck!!! ;D
These games are schedule in 3yr series so there is no way to know who your gonna be playing.
I NKOW MY CAP LOCK JUS LIKE I KNOW YOUR SCHEDULE WEAK LOL

BlueNGold52

Know it just is what it is. Its not mine its Mount Ida's and it proved to be primer enough last season ::)

OLionSwag74

Mount ida has the ring and every starter for them has a ring. Boo boo Hampton! New season. I say my hometown Lions go 15-0 this year. Heard it here first. Forman is an amazing team we look forward to playing them. Good luck on your seasons.

BlueNGold52

I bet your hometown team just wishes no one piles the 15-0 pressure on their head. I am pretty sure Coach White is telling those boys 1 game at a time just like they drive down the field 1 run at a time.

HORNET-MAN

Yes Ida will Run the Table.Coach White will keep them humble and have them ready...Just my 2 cents

bearbacker52

a good team does not recognize fabricated outside pressure from those that dont matter.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas