• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cross County

Started by mrkingark, September 09, 2017, 12:02:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mrkingark

Absolutely embarrassing for the school, all the board and administration should be fired!!!!! I feel bad for the boys, the board and administrators gave them no chance, they wanted change?  WELL THEY GOT IT............LOSING!!!!!!

Boss Hog

Quote from: mrkingark on September 09, 2017, 12:02:32 am
Absolutely embarrassing for the school, all the board and administration should be fired!!!!! I feel bad for the boys, the board and administrators gave them no chance, they wanted change?  WELL THEY GOT IT............LOSING!!!!!!
Is it basketball season yet?

FoxandHound34

Tough year fro the T-Birds I gather??

Dogg

September 09, 2017, 12:21:44 pm #3 Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 01:58:56 pm by Dogg
Playmaker what happened to the Birds

Hatchet

Bad Board members is what happened. Had 3 10 win years in a row, 3 conference championships in a row but board wanted a change and they hired a basketball coach that doesn't have clue how to coach those boys there in CC.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Hatchet on September 10, 2017, 03:44:06 pm
Bad Board members is what happened. Had 3 10 win years in a row, 3 conference championships in a row but board wanted a change and they hired a basketball coach that doesn't have clue how to coach those boys there in CC.

What was the reasoning behind that?

elvis26

;D they should have hired bert greenwell!! at least he knows how to win!!!

Dogg

Whoever idea is was to put CC in the single wing needs to be air lifted to a mental hospital. CC can play smash mouth power football as good as anyone and they have the players to do so. It could get worse before it gets better

playmaker04

It's hard for me to even talk about it. It's like a nightmare came true. We have an all State back that barely touches the ball. Our big back and all State back are never in the backfield at the same time. They rotate every 4 plays. It's disheartening to me because these boys have so much talent. It's rough to watch.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: playmaker04 on September 10, 2017, 06:59:49 pm
It's hard for me to even talk about it. It's like a nightmare came true. We have an all State back that barely touches the ball. Our big back and all State back are never in the backfield at the same time. They rotate every 4 plays. It's disheartening to me because these boys have so much talent. It's rough to watch.

That's what happens when you go to single wing. I thought you said it would work out? You have three kids who can tote the rock and one that will run you smack over. WING T.

Dogg

Wing T/Power I /Wishbone  would work for CC. The single wing does not fit CC personnel

Greyhound#1

Man I feel for y'all......it's looking wide open for the 2nd spot in the conference

mrkingark

I been to every game in 10 years, the school was looking at 5 conference championships in a row, with the talent they have.  Williams won his last 2, Greenwell won his only 1 and now this crap. They should first fire McClure, the guy that makes all the calls for the school, his 2 puppets that run the school will not go against his words. Then the board, they listen to every word he says, heck he doesn't even like football, so he puts CW, a board member in charge of the hiring, great job, stick to selling beans.  This should not be happening, but until the patrons sit back and let it the school will return to the worse football program in the state in a few years. Nothing against the new coach, but he bit off way more than he can chew.

mrkingark

And if you think last Friday nite was bad, cover your eyes this Friday night!

big E

Havner knows the power I and some wing -t stuff. With those backs line up in the pro I and run it down people's throat. Wells run the I last year at PW.

mrkingark

They won't go to the I, thats what Williams and then Greenwell ran, they want something different.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: mrkingark on September 11, 2017, 07:51:53 pm
They won't go to the I, thats what Williams and then Greenwell ran, they want something different.

I know the past 4 or 5 years,  it was a relief when Cross County would throw the ball ......lol 

big E

I'm sorry didn't that work?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: mrkingark on September 11, 2017, 07:51:53 pm

Obviously this coach doesn't know that you play the style that fits your kids.

playmaker04

I'll be the first to admit I thought it might work but also I didn't know #1 and #36 were going to be platooned. They absolutely have to be on the field at the same time no matter what Offense we run. #1 carried 2 times for 3 yards vs Barton. I've never seen a CC team quit like they did against Barton. If they don't go to something like wing T or I formation we will have trouble winning against Midland. These kids already know those offenses so it wouldn't be hard to implement it. I respect all these Coaches but sometimes you gotta scrap a plan if it doesn't work. I hate it for these kids because they have alot of talent. Already got some not showing up for practice. Not a good sign.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Dogg on September 10, 2017, 04:19:12 pm
Whoever idea is was to put CC in the single wing needs to be air lifted to a mental hospital. CC can play smash mouth power football as good as anyone and they have the players to do so. It could get worse before it gets better

Isn't the single wing smashmouth football?

big E

Well it's a deception offence. It's the offence that the wing-t was born from.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: fann07 on September 12, 2017, 11:14:16 am
Isn't the single wing smashmouth football?

Yeah... sort of. It's about deception. You must have good OL to be able to run Single wing to perfection.

Dogg

Earle ran it for years and did it exceptionally well. We didn't do smash mouth we used speed. When you have speed, deception and quick lineman is hard to defend.
If CC gets in the power I they are a different team. But the defense gave up 56 points so there are some other issues besides the offense.

playmaker04

They quit in second half. Part of the reason for the lopsided score and yardage. But they look lost on defense sometimes

big E

Aren't they running a 4-2-5? That's what I was told they were running. I would think a 5 front or a 4-4 would suit there kids.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: big E on September 12, 2017, 06:14:12 pm
Aren't they running a 4-2-5? That's what I was told they were running. I would think a 5 front or a 4-4 would suit there kids.

When you have a good coach or a coach that knows what he is doing. He changes the scheme for the kids they have.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 12, 2017, 02:36:18 pm
Yeah... sort of. It's about deception. You must have good OL to be able to run Single wing to perfection.

I know I'm probably biased having coached the offensive line for ten years...

but you must have a good OL to run any offense to perfection.

At least I've never come across an offensive formation that they advertise as "your team can be very successful with this even if your OL is crap!"

If there was one I'm pretty sure a vast number of coaches would be running it.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Dogg on September 12, 2017, 04:10:49 pmWhen you have speed, deception and quick lineman is hard to defend.

When you have speed anything is hard to defend.   

Unless you can point me to an offense where they warn you "run this and it will neutralize any advantage you have in team speed"

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on September 12, 2017, 07:36:26 pm
I know I'm probably biased having coached the offensive line for ten years...

but you must have a good OL to run any offense to perfection.

At least I've never come across an offensive formation that they advertise as "your team can be very successful with this even if your OL is crap!"

If there was one I'm pretty sure a vast number of coaches would be running it.

Run what? The Single wing? Very doubtful. Yeah, all offensive schemes must have good OL to run a formation to perfection. But.... in the single Wing you must have OL that are quick on their feet and are able to make their pulls at the right time. If they are slow. The RB will never have any blockers.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 12, 2017, 08:00:45 pm
Run what? The Single wing? Very doubtful. Yeah, all offensive schemes must have good OL to run a formation to perfection. But.... in the single Wing you must have OL that are quick on their feet and are able to make their pulls at the right time. If they are slow. The RB will never have any blockers.

No what I was saying that IF there was an offense that DID NOT require a good offensive line everyone would run it.    It would be one of the easiest things to use.   The offensive line being at high school, college and pro level generally being the last part of the team that comes together.

All offenses have different requirements for an offensive line.   But for all offenses the line must work well for the offense to work

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on September 12, 2017, 08:30:17 pm
No what I was saying that IF there was an offense that DID NOT require a good offensive line everyone would run it.    It would be one of the easiest things to use.   The offensive line being at high school, college and pro level generally being the last part of the team that comes together.

All offenses have different requirements for an offensive line.   But for all offenses the line must work well for the offense to work

Ahhh. Okay. I misunderstood what you were getting at. I could have worded my previous comments differently.

NEark tigers

Seems to me that CC better be right before Mr. Bohannon and Company comes to town on October 20.

Dayton Kitchens

I was in error.   There are two offensive formations that DO NOT require a decent offensive line to run successfully.    One is so rare I've only seen it used as a regular offense once.

The other is even rarer.

Boss Hog

I like Barton's flexbone :o

TruthHurts

They tried to screw it up lastyear. Thank Goodness for Bert Greenwell. Can't blame him for jumpin ship either.

Dogg

Bstep9

Quote from: TruthHurts on September 13, 2017, 11:37:50 am
They tried to screw it up lastyear. Thank Goodness for Bert Greenwell. Can't blame him for jumpin ship either.
Greenwell didn't jump ship. He wasn't hired as head coach. He was offered a position by the new coach if that's what you were referring to. And the veer was created to offset a weak line.

big E

Probably for Greenwell it was I'm not good enough to be the head coach after a quarter FINAL run but you want me to be your assistant. No thanks. I don't know if that is what happened  but if it would have been me that's what I would have done.

Bstep9

Quote from: big E on September 14, 2017, 09:26:23 am
Probably for Greenwell it was I'm not good enough to be the head coach after a quarter FINAL run but you want me to be your assistant. No thanks. I don't know if that is what happened  but if it would have been me that's what I would have done.
That's what happened.

mrkingark

BigLion10

Proud Buckaroo

playmaker04

Offensive coordinator for 2-0 Jonesboro Westside

Dogg

What in the world is happening in Cherry Valley

big E

They are on a losing streak.

Proud Buckaroo

Will CC make the playoffs as a 5th seed this year? Or will marked tree knock them off?

bdubyab60

CC will be glad to hit conference play. They have lost to 2 4A schools and a 3a school. I know the guys there still think they are loaded and while I'm sure there are still some talented player there. They are not equal to what they have lost. Coaching change and new system doesn't help.

I know someone will get on here and say well in junior high they did this. That doesn't always translate up to senior high. Past couple years in junior high they had a kid twice as big as any kid on the field running the ball. Well when you move up sometimes everyone is the same size. Some kids get better and some don't.

I would be shocked if Earle doesn't win the conference somewhat easily this year. Not saying they are gonna mercy rule everyone but they have the best player and the most talented athletes. Below them it's anyone's guess and it will come down to which teams play the best on any given night. A lot of games are going to be able to go either way. I wouldn't be surprised to see Midland and Rector scare the crap out of someone this year

mrkingark

It has nothing to do with the competition or the talent, its all about the change in the coaches!  These boys know how to win, they had everything to look forward to!  Then McClure wanted to destroy the football team, because he was jealous that it got more attention than his New-Tech, computer school.  So he swindle his puppet board members to do what they did and they fell for it hook, line, and sinker.  Feel bad for the players and the parents.

bdubyab60

If you think you still have the talent you guys have had over the past few years you have your homer glasses on. Name some players you have that are just as good as Davis and Byasse. I'm not saying the cupboard is bare but you do not have that kind of talent there. Bottom line.

Just because the kids have won and know how to win does not mean that they will.

It does sound like CC has some internal issues and believe they made some poor decisions, including the new hire. But to make the statement that they are purposefully destroying the football program sounds ridiculous. They must really hate kids to do that

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas