• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville ?

Started by Gray lizard, September 06, 2017, 11:04:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

Heard there may be some breaking news coming out of Booneville.  I hope is a false rumor.

Longfellow

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 06, 2017, 11:04:39 am
Heard there may be some breaking news coming out of Booneville.  I hope is a false rumor.
I heard some news as well but this is not the place to discuss it

Gray lizard

Quote from: Longfellow on September 06, 2017, 11:34:12 am
I heard some news as well but this is not the place to discuss it

Well if what I heard is confirmed it will be a direct impact on the program.  Sorry but where would be the proper place to discuss it.  Not trying to be smart with you just asking.

nastynice

There has been a misfortunate incident take place and is being taken care of as we speak. This place, with all the kids reading, isn't the place to discuss it......But I can promise you Gray Lizard, that it WILL NOT have a direct impact on the program......Cooler heads will/have prevaile(d)! 

Nothing to see here.

Gray lizard

Quote from: nastynice on September 06, 2017, 11:57:49 am
There has been a misfortunate incident take place and is being taken care of as we speak. This place, with all the kids reading, isn't the place to discuss it......But I can promise you Gray Lizard, that it WILL NOT have a direct impact on the program......Cooler heads will/have prevaile(d)! 

Nothing to see here.
Good then I may have received incorrect information.  I was hopping so.

OLDSCHOOL82

To echo nasty, its currently not a great situation in any way shape or form.  Some details have been released through the freedom of information act and the rest will be out in due time.  Its best to wait for a complete release of all details once completed.

cuckoobird

Nobody reads FF anymore so this is the perfect place to discuss anything

Maynard G Krebs

A resignation and counseling offered for girls grade 7-12  (reported in media). Can't be a good thing. 

STUNNA

Longfellow

Was it really necessary to put his name on here?

richboy

Longfellow

rattlerfan24

Chief_Osceola™

prHOG13

It's been all over the news. Not sure why we need to pretend something isn't going on

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 07, 2017, 04:23:25 pm
It's been all over the news. Not sure why we need to pretend something isn't going on

I think that due to the nature and severity of the alleged incident, a football forum isn't an appropriate place to discuss such matters. If everyone knows, why continue to harp on it?

prHOG13

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 07, 2017, 04:39:32 pm
I think that due to the nature and severity of the alleged incident, a football forum isn't an appropriate place to discuss such matters. If everyone knows, why continue to harp on it?
I seem to remember Fayetteville's former coach being talked about quite a bit on here. I don't think anyone is talking about any details or anything, just who it was that is openly available to everyone. It's a terrible situation, I agree.

OLDSCHOOL82

^ This situation is fine to talk about all you want when the details are released.  Only the ones investigating this know the true details.  I remember the Fayetteville coaches discussions well but it involved adults only.  If your wanting to discuss it, how about wait until details are released if it intrigues you so much. 

prHOG13

It intrigues me because a coach was let go during the season. Not the actual incident details itself (I've explained this multiple times). Settle down, I know it's an embarrassing situation for y'all.

Gray lizard

I have to agree. It is out there and we all know it is a very bad situation.  From what I understand it is not a head coach and being dealt with in a manner the program will survive and move on. Booneville is a close strong community and I feel confident they will deal with this situation in the best possible way and overcome it in short time.
We should pray for all individual involved.

AirWarren

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 08, 2017, 10:08:59 am
It intrigues me because a coach was let go during the season. Not the actual incident details itself (I've explained this multiple times). Settle down, I know it's an embarrassing situation for y'all.

Care to share your dirty laundry? I'm sure some of it would be "intriguing" to some?

PrivateLesson

Thread should be locked, in my opinion. 

AirWarren

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 08, 2017, 12:23:14 pm
Thread should be locked, in my opinion. 

At this point, I would have to agree.

cuckoobird

I'll lock in after this weekend

PrivateLesson

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 08, 2017, 01:43:59 pm
I'll lock in after this weekend

Lock IN what?  Cuckooville??   ;D

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on September 08, 2017, 12:09:21 pm
Care to share your dirty laundry? I'm sure some of it would be "intriguing" to some?
Sorry for offending you by discussing coaching changes on a football forum that is public information.

AirWarren

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 08, 2017, 01:57:47 pm
Sorry for offending you by discussing coaching changes on a football forum that is public information.

Not offending me.

But you know what you're doing. Stop acting like an idiot.

cuckoobird

Sorry, fat thumbs or maybe Siri can't understand my dialect. "Lock IT"

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 08, 2017, 02:07:22 pm
Sorry, fat thumbs or maybe Siri can't understand my dialect. "Lock IT"

It wants you to say it in French.

cuckoobird

PrivateLesson

What was the other account?  Rose?   I can't remember. 

cuckoobird

AmSycho

PrivateLesson

Questions are not admissible at this time.   :)

FoxandHound34

Looks like ole Baboonville is in a heap of trouble. Spying on cheerleaders what's wrong with folks these days

BigLion10

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 08, 2017, 02:27:41 pm
Looks like ole Baboonville is in a heap of trouble. Spying on cheerleaders what's wrong with folks these days
Hope that's no true if it is shame on him

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 08, 2017, 02:27:41 pm

Yikes.

What a terrible post. Maybe you should sit this one out.

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on September 08, 2017, 02:06:46 pm
Not offending me.

But you know what you're doing. Stop acting like an idiot.
Now I'm offended

PGTIGERS09

I have a question?  When did this place become so sensitive?  Dear Lord Snowflakes.  Something has happened.  it is news worthy.   If the Coach did something, by all means release his name.  it is public record now!  Don't mention any victims!  This world might be better if we thought of the victims more and less of the perverts!  Why are we so sensitive about talking about him.  I do remember the Fayetteville Coach and he was hammered at Fearless Friday! I guess I didn't really have a question at all.

prHOG13

Quote from: PGTIGERS09 on September 08, 2017, 08:25:37 pm
I have a question?  When did this place become so sensitive?  Dear Lord Snowflakes.  Something has happened.  it is news worthy.   If the Coach did something, by all means release his name.  it is public record now!  Don't mention any victims!  This world might be better if we thought of the victims more and less of the perverts!  Why are we so sensitive about talking about him.  I do remember the Fayetteville Coach and he was hammered at Fearless Friday! I guess I didn't really have a question at all.
WHAT ABOUT YOUR DIRTY LAUNDRY

PGTIGERS09

I have plenty.  where would you like to start.  I will release anything you want to know.  I haven't ever been arrested.  No speeding tickets.  nothing.  ask and ill answer.  I don't care. 

prHOG13

Quote from: PGTIGERS09 on September 08, 2017, 08:32:06 pm
I have plenty.  where would you like to start.  I will release anything you want to know.  I haven't ever been arrested.  No speeding tickets.  nothing.  ask and ill answer.  I don't care.
I was being sarcastic. See Air Warren's post below

PGTIGERS09

I knew that.  I am just saying.  I don't do those things, so by all means lets look into me also.  I don't care.  I have zero to hide.  It just appeared to me that some were worried about protecting the coach and not the victims.  EVERYONE in this world is either Innocent or Guilty in the court of public opinion.  If he in any way VICTIMIZED a child then he has little rights to be protected.  He also has zero sympathy from me!   

Chief_Osceola™

PGTIGERS09

I hope I don't come off like that.  I seem like i'm concerned about young ladies that need to be protected

Sigmund Sauer

September 08, 2017, 10:46:36 pm #46 Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:03:07 pm by Sigmund Sauer
I too have been surprised by all the gluteal pain (b_tt hu_t is a banned phrase now and won't post when typed) over this post. In fact, after seeing the instant backlash, initially I was trying to determine which profile was that of the person that is the focus of the investigation. Like most, I'm curious what impact the person had on the program and what if any consequences his departure might bring. However, I don't feel this should be any type of embarrassment to Booneville or the team. No one could ever predict the behavior of a person that would do such things. Sadly, perverts are everywhere these days. I wish the best for those affected.

Longfellow

It all comes down to what falls within the realm of public decency. I just don't see this thread as falling in that realm

cuckoobird

So the paper shouldn't have reported it?

Chief_Osceola™

September 08, 2017, 11:55:41 pm #49 Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:03:33 am by Chief_Osceola™
For me it boils down to a couple of things - first, I don't think the issue at Fayetteville should have been discussed here, nor do I think this is the place to discuss this situation in depth. Second, kids and parents read these forums, and there's a better than decent chance the kids and parents have read this, and it seems in some posts the town itself has been demonized, and that's not fair. I can understand the defensiveness.

Now understand, I don't in any way condone the alleged actions, and I understand the outrage coming from others outside of Booneville, but this thread is going to continually re-open a wound that I'm sure the Booneville community would like to resolve and put behind them. It's a terrible thing, and my thoughts and prayers go out to all in Booneville.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas