• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Har-Ber at SouthSide

Started by HarBer Dad, September 04, 2017, 02:47:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HarBer Dad

The Good - The HB offense is explosive.  Size, speed, playmakers and a QB who is accurate and even a little mobile.  Big plays all night. To top it off a kicker who hit the crossbar from 56 yards out.  Would have been good from 55. Defensive front seven solid even wo Nasali. 
The Bad - The secondary was supposed to be a strength this year but they looked confused at times and the SS QB shredded them from 2Q on.  HB has raided the secondary for some offensive weapons.  I think coach Wood is still trying different combinations.  Still some concern.
The Ugly - 200 yard of penalties.  Lost count of how many big plays were negated because of penalties.  A testament to the offense they overcame everyone but still...

Rob Van Winkle

Spot on Dad. The penalties have to get cleaned up in a hurry because that will get you beat in the 7A West. Defensively the front 7 was once again stout against the run but the passing yards given up are concerning but from what I saw the issues are very correctable.

Outstanding job by the O and in particular the QB. He's a good one and has the poise to lead the team. Lots of weapons on that side of the ball.

7AFBFAN

Which teams in West do you think could beat Harber this year penalties or not? Maybe Fayetteville?

HarBer Dad

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 05, 2017, 09:49:20 am
Which teams in West do you think could beat Harber this year penalties or not? Maybe Fayetteville?

Every couple of years HB Fville seem to play a wild one and they are about due again this year.  Since it's at Fville that is the game I'm most concerned about.  I think HB has gotten over the BV hump last couple years and even tho also on the road, from what I've seen of BV, HB should win.  The other team that could give HB fits if they don't clean up the secondary is BV West.  They also get HB after BV and before FV.  Will help that it is at home but HB better not be looking past them.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: HarBer Dad on September 05, 2017, 12:48:42 pm
Every couple of years HB Fville seem to play a wild one and they are about due again this year.  Since it's at Fville that is the game I'm most concerned about.  I think HB has gotten over the BV hump last couple years and even tho also on the road, from what I've seen of BV, HB should win.  The other team that could give HB fits if they don't clean up the secondary is BV West.  They also get HB after BV and before FV.  Will help that it is at home but HB better not be looking past them.

I think Harber has too many offensive weapons to contain. We shall see.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas