• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It'll be here soon. Early season top 10 boys

Started by Moonshiner, August 19, 2017, 09:03:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshiner

August 19, 2017, 09:03:56 pm Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 10:13:19 am by Moonshiner
It's early, but who you have in top 10 boys?  Rank em.
Here's mine.  Just to get it started.
1 Guy
2 Kirby
3 I.C.C.
4 County Line
5 Bay
6 concord
7 Alpena
8 Deer
9 Omaha
10 Sack Attack High

hillbillyball

1.  Kirby
2.  Guy
3.  County Line
4.  Deer
5.  Bay
6.  Nevada
7.  Western Grove
8.  Concord
9.  Alpena
10. Omaha

Eagles

August 20, 2017, 08:27:29 am #2 Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:30:26 am by Eagles
1. guy
2. kirby
3. nevada
4. county line
5. deer
6. bay
7. concord
8. mulberry
9. icc
10. westeren grove

no mascot

Boys talent is deep this year. Not sure if anybody could be an overwhelming favorite.  Lot of teams look like they could be very competitive on any given night.

ballmember

Guy
Kirby
County Line
Nevada
Concord
ICC
Bay
Shirley
Midland
Alpena

SackAttack

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 19, 2017, 09:03:56 pm
It's early, but who you have in top 10 boys?  Rank em.
Here's mine.  Just to get it started.
1 Guy
2 Kirby
3 I.C.C.
4 County Line
5 Bay
6 concord
7 Alpena
8 Deer
9 Omaha
10 Sack Attack High
Two things I am honored to have my alma mater and namesake in with this very very undistinguished and underwhelming group! and why the edit after the slap at Concord Polytechic A&m

Moonshiner

Bigleague

1. Guy
2. Bay
3. Kirby
4. County line
5. Shirley
6. Icc
7. Marvell
8. Deer
9. Mt Vernon
10. Omaha.

Of course county line in top 4.  Semis and out for them.

LaFlamaBlanca55

YOU heard it here first, the ICC Cougars state champions, our time is now!

JimmyChitwood

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigleague on August 24, 2017, 08:27:31 am
1. Guy
2. Bay
3. Kirby
4. County line
5. Shirley
6. Icc
7. Marvell
8. Deer
9. Mt Vernon
10. Omaha.

Of course county line in top 4.  Semis and out for them.

Why no hate for Kirby for doing the same as county line?

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 24, 2017, 08:13:18 pm
Why no hate for Kirby for doing the same as county line?
Because even though we make light of Coach Marty Smith we really really like him and hes a genuinely nice guy and a great coach that doesnt take himself too seriously and most likely laughs right along with the dumb posts. Thats what I think anyway but some wont!

NWA Hawg

Quote from: SackAttack on August 25, 2017, 03:11:26 pm
Because even though we make light of Coach Marty Smith we really really like him and hes a genuinely nice guy and a great coach that doesnt take himself too seriously and most likely laughs right along with the dumb posts. Thats what I think anyway but some wont!

I think Coach Brunson is alsoa genuinely nice guy and a great coach. His teams have just happened to run into other teams in the semis with better talent.

SackAttack

Quote from: fann07 on August 25, 2017, 03:36:19 pm
I think Coach Brunson is alsoa genuinely nice guy and a great coach. His teams have just happened to run into other teams in the semis with better talent.
Cant beat the Moonpie though try as some might he achieved High Seed status long long ago. Brunson still trying though good job

lineman76

Semis is still top four so I think they deserve to be there Brunson is a great coach and will put him up against any coach around guess it's just hard to win the big game with your own kids

HorseFeathers

Quote from: lineman76 on August 26, 2017, 01:57:26 pm
Semis is still top four so I think they deserve to be there Brunson is a great coach and will put him up against any coach around guess it's just hard to win the big game with your own kids

Shhh...common core math says it isn't

Eagle_Mom_2

August 28, 2017, 09:46:19 pm #16 Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:52:03 pm by Eagle_Mom_2
1. Guy
2. Guy
3. Guy
4. Kirby
5. Guy
6. Bay
7. Guy
8. Omaha
9. Coach Brown's towel
10. Moonpie's stack-o-Moonpies

thebigman3

Shirely in yall's top 10? They lost everyone and I watched them play in Summer Camp and they didn't look very good.  They lost everybody but fuller and he can't carry a team by himself with the talent this year.

JimmyChitwood

Shirley will be better than you think. They have three quick guards and two good big men.

SackAttack

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on September 08, 2017, 12:20:33 pm
Shirley will be better than you think. They have three quick guards and two good big men.
Bigs are fundamentally poor. That big kids shot is just plain jacked up. I guess they did a lot of work in the off season but that should have started much earlier in my honest expertise on the matter.

thebigman3

I heard they lost to SS in a scrimmage without the two big kids on SS side? I don't know if thats true or not but if it is then they are pretty sorry.

BannerMountainMan

Shirley beat Southside by 40 in the offseason man.

BannerMountainMan

Bigleague

Wow.  That's a beat down.  Shirley must be loaded again

BannerMountainMan

Yeah I don't see how fake news gets spread around LOL

Bigleague

BannerMountainMan

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 08, 2017, 08:31:25 pm
Yeah I don't see how fake news gets spread around LOL

In my experience, usually those lazy Republicans spreading that stuff.
I think Chitwood and Bandofmountainmen have convinced me...Shirley is coming out hard this year!
I think Coach Brown will chew thru 2 towels a game this year instead of 1...and that could be enough of an increase in production to offset the 85% of their offense and rebounding that they lost in their graduating class from a year ago.
I mean, really, how can you not buy what GanderMountainLad is selling here? He knows his stuff...I mean I literally don't think he missed a Shirley practice, walk thru, game, or team dinner last year. Not a one! Heard he and Coach Brown are pretty tight so figure he knows his stuff.
On Devils, On!

arstatechamp13

ballmember

I think Concord returns the most talent in their conference with senior boys.   So they should be favored, however,  Shirley will have some talent though many inexperienced.   Think Concord and Shirley will battle it out for the opportunity to play the guy move ins. 

Head Lion

BannerMountainMan

Why would Batman need a robin? Why would   Ben need a jerry? Why would peanut need butter? Because that's just what happens.

Central Ark

Why is the sky blue? Why is the grass green? How does posi-trak on a Plymouth work? Some things we'll never know.

ballmember

Dont know that they move  to Guy, just go over there and play basketball.  Probably still sleep in their own beds in Conway and greenbrier.    Just what we have been told  and at this point really don't mind, cause triple a sure don't.     Just win baby !!!   

Bigleague

Ballmember.  I'm not from that area but you wouldn't happen to be coach Brown would you????

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on September 13, 2017, 08:05:14 pm
Ballmember.  I'm not from that area but you wouldn't happen to be coach Brown would you????
There aint noway Benny Brown is way to smart to be on Fearless Friday!!

Bigleague

I don't know who Benny Brown is.  Im talking about Keith Brown

Hero of Twin Groves

I'm tired of everyone bashing guy. Y'all just want to try to take away our kids success. All of the kids on this team have deep rooted connections to guy.

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on September 13, 2017, 08:09:02 pm
I don't know who Benny Brown is.  Im talking about Keith Brown
Who is Keith Brown?? Benny coaches the Shirley boys teams!! You know the guy that bears a striking resemblance to that guy Ted Cruz that ran for President and got shafted! And does a pretty good job I think! Stuck in a conference with some great basketball minds that teach great fundamental skills but does ok most years with really good players!

BannerMountainMan

ballmember

BigLeague , I can assure you I am not a coach but enjoy the game a lot and don't have the stress of coaching it.   

Hero of Twin Groves

Here is the pre season ranking

1) Guy-Perkins t-birds.....you know!
2) everybody else

SackAttack

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on September 13, 2017, 10:02:41 pm
Here is the pre season ranking

1) Guy-Perkins t-birds.....you know!
2) everybody else
Sadly very sadly Sack has to agree!! New strategy for young coaches!! Buy you some old beat up trailers move em into your district get you a supt that could care less and a board full of parents that have decent players and need help be close to a couple good sized cities where the cousins and step cousins reside  and presto win a 1000 games and a bunch of rings. don't matter whether you can coach a lick or not. Be sure and let enjoy lots of h-o-r-s-e games, shirts and skins, sit in your office or in a chair during practice, practice when you want , BOOM Baby

Hero of Twin Groves

Here we go again. Another hutch hater. Nobody else could have had the success he's had. I expect another state title to make its way to guy this year. These kids move in to guy to get coached up to play at the next level. Just ask the Ballard boy.

SackAttack

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on September 14, 2017, 11:19:10 am
Here we go again. Another hutch hater. Nobody else could have had the success he's had. I expect another state title to make its way to guy this year. These kids move in to guy to get coached up to play at the next level. Just ask the Ballard boy.
Wheres he playing again it escapes me and not much does like a lot of folks out there!!

SackAttack

On another matter does anybody know when Guy will be having their banner and ring ceremony? what game? I want to go! Any info would be greatly appreciated! And is there any truth to the word that Guys new supt helped the new families move in to their new homes!

BannerMountainMan

I think they wil be having it their second game, I believe there too two prospects will be there on an official visit!

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 14, 2017, 05:33:25 pm
I think they wil be having it their second game, I believe there too two prospects will be there on an official visit!
Oh my is that the Shirley game LOL!! This is too good to be true. Im giddy here and a lot of things too! I bet that on intention I betcha it is!

NEABallftw

GP has one good year left in them, this is Hutch's last year, once he's gone they will never be the same again.

Hero of Twin Groves

We are a lot more than hutch. Yes he is great, but all of our home grown talent will carry the program.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas