• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State your case: Predictions for the 2017 6A football season

Started by pinebluffzebra09, July 06, 2017, 09:22:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PrivateLesson

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 31, 2017, 11:22:40 am
Yes they have 2012 their first year in 6A.

And Now....ZD defends U of G!   Bahahahahaha!!   ;D

7AFBFAN

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on August 31, 2017, 11:19:42 am
funny thing is greenwood hasnt won state since they've been in 6a  but once and they are picked very year

Who is your pick? I am just saying it is hard not to make them the favorite. No one would have favored Russ over them last year to start season. PB was an exceptional team last time they won it and still it was down to the wire.

PrivateLesson

The dark horse is apparently the favorite.   Whoever that is.....still trying to figure out if it's texarkana???

ricepig

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on August 31, 2017, 11:22:49 am
They win most of their games every year and they have been to WMS more times than not since joining 2012. Who would you favor over them to win 6A this year?

20% success rate on championships, I don't think that's the highest, is it?

ArkansasBoy

7AFBFAN

Quote from: ricepig on August 31, 2017, 11:27:03 am
20% success rate on championships, I don't think that's the highest, is it?

We should make El Dorado the favorite?

PrivateLesson

ArkansasBoy

PrivateLesson

ricepig

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on August 31, 2017, 11:42:09 am
We should make El Dorado the favorite?

Aren't they at 20% as well since 2012? I guess PB at 40% would be the highest in the past 5 years you are using.

zebradynasty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on August 31, 2017, 11:22:49 am
They win most of their games every year and they have been to WMS more times than not since joining 2012. Who would you favor over them to win 6A this year?

Why would the Z's not be (I don't think they are this year at least not yet) based upon your criteria. Last season with 17 new starters a one point loss @ GW kept us from playing for a 3-peat. We have 12 starters back to GW's 13. PB has played in 4 of the last 5 championship games. So I am not clear why GW is the automatic pick but that is fine PB plays better when they are the underdog.

PrivateLesson

Talk about needing a new song and dance routine......PB is the underdog....blah, blah, blah. 

Cupcakes still taste good....Where is BigShot??   

Greenwood is at more than 20% in times being a contender.   That counts, right?     

AHS06

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 31, 2017, 11:26:41 am
The dark horse is apparently the favorite.   Whoever that is.....still trying to figure out if it's texarkana???
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ricepig

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 31, 2017, 12:08:25 pm
Talk about needing a new song and dance routine......PB is the underdog....blah, blah, blah. 

All 16 schools start out as contenders, lol.

AHS06

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 31, 2017, 11:59:03 am
Why would the Z's not be (I don't think they are this year at least not yet) based upon your criteria. Last season with 17 new starters a one point loss @ GW kept us from playing for a 3-peat. We have 12 starters back to GW's 13. PB has played in 4 of the last 5 championship games. So I am not clear why GW is the automatic pick but that is fine PB plays better when they are the underdog.
+1

zebradynasty

August 31, 2017, 12:26:32 pm #66 Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 12:29:12 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 31, 2017, 12:08:25 pm

Simply stating the truth in 2015 PB the defending champ with 17-18 starters back went into the Championship game picked to lose by quite a few on here.

So how is that playing the big boys working out for you?

AHS06

7AFBFAN

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 31, 2017, 11:59:03 am

I would favor PB to be in WMS as their opponent. GW has QB and RB returning and what looks to be a solid defensive line. Good teams with that combination returning tend to have good years. Maybe PB will gel and provide a good championship opponent. We shall see.

RiverRunner02

Quote from: bulldogger15 on August 30, 2017, 11:34:06 pm
Here we go again Zebrafantasy.....

"I really don't see a clear favorite this year in 6A BUT it's not necessarily wide open either. Hooten's and the rest of media take the lazy approach and pick GW. I think they've been picked every year they've been in 6A. They're definitely a contender but I think coaches are finding ways to better prepare for them and they're not as unstoppable as most of the media would have you believe."

I like the "lazy approach" rather than the "crazy approach" of continually making early season excuses as to why the Zebras won't win the 6A title again. It's a LAZY win, win position. The Zebras do really well and you congratulate yourself because you defined the weak areas of the team that came together for a wonderful season OR (the most likely scenario) where the Zebras fall apart again in the playoffs again and your OL and QB become the scapegoat so you can say I told you so. Now THAT is the LAZY approach.....

Greenwood wins by 3 TD's vs the Zebras IF the Zebras can make a deep enough run into the playoffs. BIG if...

Yes, UNSTOPPABLE!!! GO BULLDOGS!!!
Funny you say the same thing every year but your dogs are unable to back it up...

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 31, 2017, 10:36:31 am
Yes, the season is definitely here and the Kim Jong-un of the 6A starts running his mouth of the impending fiery death for all of GW's opponents. Then when if doesn't happen you'll blame one of your players and then you'll go quite until the next season and we hear of the impending doom again...been hearing it since 2012...play something else!
That might have been the funniest thing you have ever said Zebrafantasy. The die is cast this season Zebrafantasy, the die is cast.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

urban legend2

PrivateLesson

Quote from: ricepig on August 31, 2017, 12:19:45 pm
All 16 schools start out as contenders, lol.
LOL!  Quit Pig....you're making me laugh!!   :) 

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 31, 2017, 12:26:32 pm

So how is that playing the big boys working out for you?

Well....I sit in the stands or listen to the radio...:)

You know Greenwood usually can hold their own.    Should be a fun year!!

Quote from: AHS06 on August 31, 2017, 12:44:40 pm
GW might not win the West.

Cause, Texarkana???     We know!!  :)     You all are full of it today! lol

AHS06

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 31, 2017, 02:53:23 pm
LOL!  Quit Pig....you're making me laugh!!   :) 

Well....I sit in the stands or listen to the radio...:)

You know Greenwood usually can hold their own.    Should be a fun year!!

Cause, Texarkana???     We know!!  :)     You all are full of it today! lol
Looking forward to GW making the 4 hour bus trip south. 

7AFBFAN

Quote from: AHS06 on August 31, 2017, 03:10:50 pm

You haven't heard? The U of G has their own plane now. It flies at supersonic speeds much like their offense. A trip to  Texarkana won't even require full throttle.

AHS06

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on August 31, 2017, 03:17:33 pm
You haven't heard? The U of G has their own plane now. It flies at supersonic speeds much like their offense. A trip to  Texarkana won't even require full throttle.
Wow I did not know.  That would come in handy for their trip back home.  I am sure they will be ready to fly out after a bruising from the Hogs.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: AHS06 on August 31, 2017, 03:25:06 pm
Wow I did not know.  That would come in handy for their trip back home.  I am sure they will be ready to fly out after a bruising from the Hogs.

Uh huh.....You know it's kinda unfair to substitute the U of A Hogs for your team but I'm sure U of G would do okay....lol!   :)

Pr8hd

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 31, 2017, 10:36:31 am
Yes, the season is definitely here and the Kim Jong-un of the 6A starts running his mouth of the impending fiery death for all of GW's opponents. Then when if doesn't happen you'll blame one of your players and then you'll go quite until the next season and we hear of the impending doom again...been hearing it since 2012...play something else!

Let's be fair and get the facts right..."he who shall not be named "did not exist on the board at least not posting wise pre-2015 really.

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on August 31, 2017, 12:59:58 pm
Funny you say the same thing every year but your dogs are unable to back it up...

Someone's team needs to get there and win more than once every 4-5 decades before we talk about backing things up. Cyclones booking on being there to defend their title?  ;D

Quote from: urban legend2 on August 31, 2017, 08:51:06 am
I've only seen one Zebra supporter who's been brash and he's fairly new. The rest of us remain optimistic and realistic about the team's chances. It's 6A football, very top heavy. There are about 4 teams who'll be in the mix, with a darkhorse or two who may surprise.

+1 and the truth from what I have seen.  :)

Quote from: ricepig on August 31, 2017, 11:57:44 am
Aren't they at 20% as well since 2012? I guess PB at 40% would be the highest in the past 5 years you are using.

Yet, 20% > 0% in titles  and  60% > 0% in getting to the finals ...fill in the blanks on the 2 teams that represents.   8)

Quote from: AHS06 on August 31, 2017, 12:44:40 pm
GW might not win the West.

Maybe not, but GW has won it's conference pretty consistently since joining the 6A something like 80% of the time it's been in the 6A ranks I believe and a few of those years with way more 7A teams to deal with than others had when they were blended. I assume you mean ED might win it, unless you believe AHS is ready to step back up in year one with the new coach.

Quote from: AHS06 on August 31, 2017, 03:10:50 pm

They made a 5 hr trek to ED last year and that turned out OK. I like GW's odds to negotiate a shorter trip.

bulldogger15

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on August 31, 2017, 03:17:33 pm
+1

AHS06

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 31, 2017, 03:35:41 pm
Uh huh.....You know it's kinda unfair to substitute the U of A Hogs for your team but I'm sure U of G would do okay....lol!   :)
Well considering we are the original Hogs, the university should be very grateful.  U of G is probably okay...considering just like Greenwood they are picked to win every year and fall short. 

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on August 31, 2017, 03:41:18 pm
Let's be fair and get the facts right..."he who shall not be named "did not exist on the board at least not posting wise pre-2015 really.

Someone's team needs to get there and win more than once every 4-5 decades before we talk about backing things up. Cyclones booking on being there to defend their title?  ;D

+1 and the truth from what I have seen.  :)

Yet, 20% > 0% in titles  and  60% > 0% in getting to the finals ...fill in the blanks on the 2 teams that represents.   8)

Maybe not, but GW has won it's conference pretty consistently since joining the 6A something like 80% of the time it's been in the 6A ranks I believe and a few of those years with way more 7A teams to deal with than others had when they were blended. I assume you mean ED might win it, unless you believe AHS is ready to step back up in year one with the new coach.

They made a 5 hr trek to ED last year and that turned out OK. I like GW's odds to negotiate a shorter trip.
Ahhhhhh...... Pr8hd the omniscient. I've been on the FF board a lot longer than you give me credit for All Knowing One.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 31, 2017, 09:56:28 am
Really and who is the THEY you are talking about?
THEY = GREENWOOD BULLDOGS zebrafantasy. You know it man, you know it.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: AHS06 on August 31, 2017, 03:52:50 pm
Well considering we are the original Hogs, the university should be very grateful.  U of G is probably okay...considering just like Greenwood they are picked to win every year and fall short.

Ouch!!  I guess we will have to wait and see.    Football is a game of chance where anything can happen.

I realize you are the original Hogs.   I was more referencing that a few of Greenwoods former players are Razorbacks.   Best of luck to all the teams this year and safe travels for everyone.  :)

Pr8hd

Quote from: bulldogger15 on August 31, 2017, 03:53:54 pm
Ahhhhhh...... Pr8hd the omniscient. I've been on the FF board a lot longer than you give me credit for All Knowing One. At least not under this board name

GO BULLDOGS!!!

<scribbles down notes in diary under the heading of "Conspiracy Theory Manifesto">

FFIY

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Pr8hd on August 31, 2017, 04:17:48 pm
<scribbles down notes in diary under the heading of "Conspiracy Theory Manifesto">

His profile states he's 81.   

AHS06

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 31, 2017, 04:08:47 pm
Ouch!!  I guess we will have to wait and see.    Football is a game of chance where anything can happen.

I realize you are the original Hogs.   I was more referencing that a few of Greenwoods former players are Razorbacks.   Best of luck to all the teams this year and safe travels for everyone.  :)
Got ya!  Heck I've cheered and pull for those Bulldogs when they converted to Razorbacks.  Safe here good luck to all and be safe.

ricepig

Quote from: Pr8hd on August 31, 2017, 03:41:18 pm

I'm mentioned PB, no other team, nice deflection attempt.

Texarkana_Piggie

GO HOGS GO!  WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE, RAZORBACKS! 
that's all i got. 

bulldogger15

GuvHog

Will one of you Texarkana guys answer a question for me? Is it true That Sosa Agim who plays for the University of Arkansas actually lived in Texarkana but drove to Hope to go to High school and play football??

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on September 01, 2017, 06:10:14 pm
Will one of you Texarkana guys answer a question for me? Is it true That Sosa Agim who plays for the University of Arkansas actually lived in Texarkana but drove to Hope to go to High school and play football??

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/aug/27/agim-uses-troubled-past-educate-influence-youth/

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas