• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question About Past Issues of Hootens?

Started by Dayton Kitchens, June 28, 2017, 07:48:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayton Kitchens

I've bought every issue of Hooten's since 2003 but I've been unable to locate my copies of 2012 and 2014.

Didn't one of the issues of Hooten's in pretty recent years have as their feature article a look at schools and their football programs that have disappeared in the last decade or two?

Obvious reasons why I'm asking in the 2A forum.    Four of the ten football programs (or schools) that I helped coach against at Hermitage my first year of coaching (2004) are gone.   Gillete,  Eudora,  Altheimer,  Dermott  and the school I was at longest is also gone (Norphlet).

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on June 28, 2017, 07:48:40 pm
I've bought every issue of Hooten's since 2003 but I've been unable to locate my copies of 2012 and 2014.

Didn't one of the issues of Hooten's in pretty recent years have as their feature article a look at schools and their football programs that have disappeared in the last decade or two?

Obvious reasons why I'm asking in the 2A forum.    Four of the ten football programs (or schools) that I helped coach against at Hermitage my first year of coaching (2004) are gone.   Gillete,  Eudora,  Altheimer,  Dermott  and the school I was at longest is also gone (Norphlet).

There was a good thread about this a year or two ago I believe.
Gillette always had a scrappy little team, some years pretty darn tough.
Altheimer was something else to play AT THEIR PLACE.
There was a time Dermott was pretty good. 
And Grady and Gould had decent teams as well.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on June 28, 2017, 08:51:31 pm
There was a good thread about this a year or two ago I believe.
Gillette always had a scrappy little team, some years pretty darn tough.
Altheimer was something else to play AT THEIR PLACE.
There was a time Dermott was pretty good. 
And Grady and Gould had decent teams as well.

Jefferson Preparatory School (near Pine Bluff) won state in 1981 if I recall correctly.

Parkin had a school (and a team) within most peoples memory.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on June 28, 2017, 09:11:43 pm
Jefferson Preparatory School (near Pine Bluff) won state in 1981 if I recall correctly.

Parkin had a school (and a team) within most peoples memory.

Think parkin folded up shop around 2003....they won a state title back in the 70's I believe...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas