• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mtn Home FILLED (Bryan Mattox)

Started by Bomber_Believer, June 06, 2017, 12:55:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayburn

I don't claim to know countless DI coaches, but I do know two kids from two different schools who will be freshmen for the Razorback baseball team next year. Both were one-sport kids until DVH told them he didn't like high schoolers specializing. They both joined their respective high school football teams at his urging.

Neckred

You are telling me a college baseball coach urged kids to play football?  That is the dumbest thing I've read today

Neckred

One thing every sport should do no matter what is heavy squats and plyometrics

T-Bone

August 25, 2017, 03:07:57 pm #203 Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:45:53 pm by T-Bone
They do like baseball players to play football but not a must.

OB11

Quote from: Neckred on August 25, 2017, 02:50:35 pm
One thing every sport should do no matter what is heavy squats and plyometrics

Some programs are going away from back squats. Still doing front squats but no back squats at all.

hurricane 09

I know this thread hasn't been about Mountain Home football in a long time, but could someone talk about the scrimmage game. I don't live in the Mountain Home area and would like to know how things went to begin the Bryan Mattox era.

ricepig

Quote from: hurricane 09 on August 26, 2017, 05:00:19 pm
I know this thread hasn't been about Mountain Home football in a long time, but could someone talk about the scrimmage game. I don't live in the Mountain Home area and would like to know how things went to begin the Bryan Mattox era.

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/story/sports/high-school-sports/2017/08/25/analysis-bombers-show-little-preseason-scrimmage/603918001/

hurricane 09

Thanks for the link, Rice. Only scoring I saw mentioned was a MH field goal. Did the Bombers win 3-0? Does anybody know?

B2 Stealth Bomber

Quote from: hurricane 09 on August 27, 2017, 09:28:49 am
Thanks for the link, Rice. Only scoring I saw mentioned was a MH field goal. Did the Bombers win 3-0? Does anybody know?

The final was 3-6 Blytheville.  Blytheville JV scored in the second half against MH JV.  All-in-all a rather boring game.

MHFAN

Bombers looked good on defense and offense.  Dominated line of scrimmage.  Played with 4th string sophomore qback who did a great job by the way.  No passes entire game from MH and qback did not keep and run any.  Probably limited by having to unexpectedly play a sophomore. Scoreless first half which was varsity vs varsity.  2nd half  JV vs JV and Blytheville won 6 to 3.  Touchdown in JV came off turnover inside MH 20 yard line.  MH has potential to be a really good team if they stay healthy.  I saw more depth than I thought we had but still pretty thin.  Looks like about 55 players out right now.  1st and 2nd string qback injured, not sure of extent.  3rd string out with cast on arm.  Will find out extent of injuries come Friday night when Harrison comes to town.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas