• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brian Sims coach at Greenwood is currently fighting for his life

Started by Walter, May 15, 2017, 08:38:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman2018

GuvHog

GHS_08

He coached at Gosnell for about 10 years. Really good guy.

Jimbo Morphis

Proud Buckaroo

Oh my goodness! I'm sending prayers and good vibes up that way.

ArkansasSportsFan

Nacho

tmycjy

urban legend2

Lumberjackfan1978

hogalum05

hogsanddogs

I know he has so many people praying for him. He is a great guy. Hope the state can come together and lift him up!

Dayton Kitchens

Prayers from Augusta.   Really sympathy doesn't remotely convey how I feel.   Not only does the disease have a very high fatality rate (30% mainly due to sepsis and other secondary infections) but the effects of the disease are basically equivalent to the skin being burned off with all the attendant pain

Rocket23

I was told he had a rough weekend, but has had a couple of good days.

We had a young man at LRCA that suffered from this before his freshman season.  It was really terrible and he had a couple of close calls during a lengthy stay at Arkansas Children's Hospital.  He eventually fought though it and returned to play football.  They discovered he was allergic to penicillin.

He was certainly well-respected in the Blytheville-Gosnell area when he coached the Pirates.

Keep the prayers coming.

Lions84

Pr8hd

Unfortunately, the latest news on Coach Sims is not very good. He has had many life threatening complications as a result of the TNS/SJS. He and his family could sure use any extra prayers of support he could get at this time. I know his family appreciates any thoughts and prayers (big or small) any have offered or continue to offer.

http://5newsonline.com/2017/05/24/greenwood-coach-fighting-rare-skin-condition-believed-to-have-suffered-stroke/

Lanny

AirWarren

Prayers from central Arkansas.

I've personally taken care of patients with this particular diagnosis. It's an absolute nightmare for the patient's family.

May God touch this man and his family during this time.

Walter

I don't know how much of this to post. It came from his wife on Facebook. I received it because of a friend of mine. I don't think I have the right to copy and paste but it is not over yet.  A very strong Christian family and they know a lot of people are praying for them. He is on a ventilator can respond and kidneys not working yet. Skin is 80 to 90 percent open but there are new skin buds. No new blisters.

Keep praying.

AirWarren

Quote from: SardisHog on May 26, 2017, 06:23:19 pm
I don't know how much of this to post. It came from his wife on Facebook. I received it because of a friend of mine. I don't think I have the right to copy and paste but it is not over yet.  A very strong Christian family and they know a lot of people are praying for them. He is on a ventilator can respond and kidneys not working yet. Skin is 80 to 90 percent open but there are new skin buds. No new blisters.

Keep praying.

Very common for these patients to go through kidney failure with this condition. Your battle is is constant hydration vs constant diuresis. More than likely will, if not already on dialysis, to help get his kidneys working again.

I'm actually very surprised he wasn't brought to the burn unit at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Lots of patients with this disorder go there for treatment.

Prayers and holding out hope is key. I've seen several patients in my time be on the brink of death but pull through with prayer and the power of healthcare.

Sidelines

beach bum

I saw on 5 News he did a facebook live message and looks to be on the road to recovery.... I am happy for this man's family and friends that he looks like he is looking nothing but up from here! It is awesome he had all that support from so many people and to the medical staff who got him headed in the positive direction he is.

Lumberjackfan1978

Walter

Iknewthemwhen

Best wishes and lots of prayers for Coach Sims and his family. Power of prayer!

elvis26

praise god!!!!!!!!!! so thankful he is pulling through this!!!!!!!!!

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas