• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Contest: Soccer State Pick'em

Started by chaoslord, May 09, 2017, 08:31:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chaoslord

May 09, 2017, 08:31:36 am Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 08:41:12 am by sevenof400
Ok, well, it's morning now, so shame on me. Here we go. I'll be editing in the brackets as I finish them.

4A Girls
4A Boys

5A Girls
5A Boys

6A Girls
6A Boys

7A Girls
7A Boys

Ok, all set. Please double check me (especially the 7A- I found a final standings on twitter that I used to fill in the gaps) but I checked seven's great work against the brackets AAA posted so it *should* all be right.

sevenof400

I've stickied this thread so hopefully many will see and participate. 
Thanks again to Chaoslord for putting this together!

chaoslord

Happy to do it. It's a fun little tradition. Think this is the fourth year now!

Last year the 5A Boys got 27 participants, which at a quick glance looked like it was the most a group has gotten. I wonder if we can get more than that this year for a bracket! Things being a little delayed with having to wait on Monday night results/me being late to get the brackets together may prevent that, but still. Think it kind of shows how the community has grown.

chaoslord

May 11, 2017, 10:21:47 pm #3 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:11:53 am by chaoslord
First Round Results

4A Girls had five folks go 7/8 and four more behind them go 6/8.

4A Boys saw Soccerfan, Badger, and Lizard17 all go 7/8. They all had Green Forest winning. Lot of folks right behind having gotten 6/8.

5A Girls Former Soccer Mom and Hot Springs Homer both went perfect. Eight folks went 7/8. Pretty tight little contest.

5A Boys is still pending, with 9 perfect brackets through the results currently in hand.

6A Girls had Host Champ perfect in the opening four, with 9 other people having gotten the Jonesboro/Greenwood result wrong.

6A Boys is tight, with 13/16 perfect and the other three went 3/4

7A Girls had six perfects.

7A Boys has The Coach alone as perfect with 7 folks that went 3/4

Go Postal

On Girls side in 5A, two big upsets today to the favorites, Maumelle over LRCA and Harrison over PA. I wouldn't haven't picked it but I'm glad that it happened.

Rocket23

I don't think Harrison over PA is big.  Harrison played a tough non-5A schedule with Siloam, Greenwood, Springfield Kickapoo among others.  Also if you look at folks' picks, "I called that play Chuck."

chaoslord

After two rounds

4A Girls has fallen in a three way tie for first with Lucky Goal, ARsoccer2017, and Soccerfan tied. Just about everyone has CAC winning it, so barring an upset one of these three will probably win this division.

4A Boys has Lizard17 and Badger tied for first here. Fear the Jacks! is in third right behind them in a five-way tie, but with them being one of the few non-Dardanelle picks, they have the best chance from the outside to get in there.

5A Girls has Harrison in first, with Just1Coch, Former Soccer Mom, and Hot springs homer trailing.

5A Boys has five perfects remaining, with Lizard17, Lucky Goal, jdhelbig, Sevenof400, and The Coach along. DeQueen is the only repeated champion pick in the mix, so exciting things to come here.

6A Girls has SHS and Panther Pick tied for first, with Host Champ in third. They each have a different champion so this is up for grabs.

6A Boys went from 13 perfects to 4: jimmyt, Arkansas soccer, Lucky Goal, and Arkansas Sports fan.

7A Girls has three perfects left: Wait til Next Year!, Lucky Goal, and Sir Alex.

7A Boys is an All West Semi-finals (FS Northside in 2014 and Catholic in 2015 are the only non-west teams to get to this point since we've been doing this). Sir Alex is in first, The Coach in second (although his bracket is probably dead), ArkansasSportsFan in third, and Badger in fourth.

hogbert

Would agree. Harrison over PA wouldn't be an upset in my book. When I've seen PA, it's park the bus and kick it up top to Hatcher's kid.

Last year, PA was good. Or at least I thought they were.

TNT_15

Quote from: hogbert on May 12, 2017, 10:00:22 pm
Would agree. Harrison over PA wouldn't be an upset in my book. When I've seen PA, it's park the bus and kick it up top to Hatcher's kid.

Centrel teams were overrated all year. Pa and lrc played nobody but each other and it showed when they had to play top Teams. You could see the panic. Lrc was for sure unfamiliar with the situation.

sevenof400

Quote from: hogbert on May 12, 2017, 10:00:22 pm

I'll disagree only from this aspect - throughout the regular season, Harrison really didn't do too much to make you think they were capable of a semi-final (or more) run BUT playing in CCD 1 (with better competition than CCD 4) certainly had to have helped Harrison when it mattered most. 

I have to admit I have not seen LRCA or PA this year though. 

hogbert

Central is so weak as to be laughable.

Sir Alex

Quote from: hogbert on May 13, 2017, 08:05:12 pm
Central is so weak as to be laughable.

I agree with you. The central combined conference was pretty strong with PA, Lrca, and Maumelle all playing each other. the thing about this year that really threw a wrench into everyone's non-conference schedules is that they were extremely limited in games they could choose to play. 

chaoslord

Going into the finals (mostly)

4A Girls CAC win gives the bracket to Soccerfan, Soccerman1 will win it if Robinson wins

4A Boys Lizard17 and Badger will share the spoils if Dardanelle wins, otherwise Fear the Jacks! will take it

5A Girls If Harrison wins, a bracket named Harrison will win. If Maumelle wins, it'll be The Tie Breaker

5A Boys Still have one semi final to play, but jdhelbig is the lone perfect currently. 5A boys and Lizard17 each have a shot at winning, though, depending on who comes out as champion. De Queen will be jdhelbig, Valley View will be 5A boys, and Hot Springs will be Lizard17

6A Girls No one has Russellville winning so ArkansasSportsFan in first can't be overtaken.

6A Boys A Mountain Home victory means Arkansas soccer will go perfect and win the bracket. A Siloam Springs victory will give the victory to ugh Siloam.

7A Girls If Cabot wins, Lucky Goal and Sir Alex will be perfect 11/11 and take the bracket. If Bentonville wins, The Coach will take it.

7A Boys has ArkansasSportsFan uncatchable, as they and sevenof400 (who is in second) have Har-Ber winning, and no one has Rogers. Congrats!

chaoslord

Thanks everyone for participating. Quick wrap up post, mostly a confirmation of the previous post.

4A Girls: Had 13 participants. Soccerfan got 14/15 right (had Warren over Shiloh in first round) and won. ArkansasSports fan took second, with Lucky Goal and ARsoccer2017 tying for third.

4A Boys: Had 16 participants. Lizard17 and Badger tied for first, with ARSoccer2017, Sir Alex, The Coach, and jdhelbig tying for third.

5A Girls: Had 18 participants. A bracket named Harrison came in first, Just1Coach second, The Tie Breaker third.

5A Boys: Had 22 participants. Lizard17 went 14/15 (Had Lakeside beating VV in the quarters), with 5A South in second and 5a south wins again in third.

6A Girls: Had 12 participants. ArkansasSportsFan took first, Host Champ took second, and Lizard17, The Coach, and Arkansas Soccer tied for third.

6A Boys: Had 16 participants. ugh Siloam took first, Sevenof400 took second, and Arkansas soccer took third.

7A Girls: Had 11 participants. The Coach took first, Wait til Next Year! took second, and Sevenof400 took third.

7A Boys: Had 11 participants. ArkansasSportsFan took first, Sevenof400 took second, and Sir Alex took third.

No perfect brackets this year! Thanks again yall. Hope we can have even more participants next year when I actually get the brackets out on time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas