• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about makeup games

Started by MB Hog, April 25, 2017, 02:20:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MB Hog

With the conference tournaments around the corner, I'm curious about the requirements for makeup games.  For example, the PA vs. Maumelle games were cancelled for weather last Friday (although the rain never came) and rescheduled for this Wednesday.  Now the forecast for Wednesday looks pretty iffy and it seems likely the games won't be played.

Is it a requirement that these games get played before the conference tournaments start on Saturday (for 5A Central anyway).  Both teams are 5A, but PA is Central and Maumelle is West... but with the new crossover schedules during the regular season, I don't know which games "must" be played.

What is the rule in this case?  Thanks!

sevenof400

April 25, 2017, 02:47:09 pm #1 Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:48:51 pm by sevenof400
While my answer is certainly not definitive, it is my understanding that combined classification district games NEED NOT be played prior to the start of the conference tournaments.  Since play in the CCD has little to no effect on the seeding process for a conference tournament, these games are not required to be played. 

The downside of this is that a team may miss an opportunity for a victory that could raise (or lower) their seeding for the conference tournament, but that is on the individual teams.   
Theoretically speaking, a conference could simply choose to seed itself using whatever basis it wanted to determine the seeding. This is one of the many downsides with respect to combined classification district play. 

MB Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 25, 2017, 02:47:09 pm
While my answer is certainly not definitive, it is my understanding that combined classification district games NEED NOT be played prior to the start of the conference tournaments.  Since play in the CCD has little to no effect on the seeding process for a conference tournament, these games are not required to be played. 

The downside of this is that a team may miss an opportunity for a victory that could raise (or lower) their seeding for the conference tournament, but that is on the individual teams.   
Theoretically speaking, a conference could simply choose to seed itself using whatever basis it wanted to determine the seeding. This is one of the many downsides with respect to combined classification district play.
Thanks, Seven!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas