• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mena Football Coach

Started by HogsFb, April 19, 2017, 09:13:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogsFb

Mena's Tim Harper reportedly turned down the Sheridan coaching job a few months ago. And he has now sold his house. Any takes on if Harper will leave and where?

He has lost the side of some of the fans in Mena, after going to The Rock a few years ago and having a few struggling seasons since then. It has been said that his family doesn't really care for Mena, but where will he go?

Pat Swilling

modder

Nowhere for year or so at least. He seems pretty high on the team for the upcoming season and depending on how much success he/they have who knows after that.
As for having "lost the side of some of the fans", well you can't please everybody all the time.

Underdog88

Mena football has gotten 10x better since Coach Harper took over. They now compete every single year and I think they've got another playoff run coming real soon. Some people dislike him because he tells it like it is, but the players love him and that's all that really matters.

old.dole

Idk the situation at mena but society as a whole seems to have issues with people who tell it like it is. Lol

whippersnapper

Quote from: Underdog88 on April 19, 2017, 03:58:50 pm
Mena football has gotten 10x better since Coach Harper took over. They now compete every single year and I think they've got another playoff run coming real soon. Some people dislike him because he tells it like it is, but the players love him and that's all that really matters.
Well it isn't like Harper walked into a losing situation at Mena. Weaver had a 3 year playoff streak going when he left. Has Harper taken it to another level? Most certainly, but to say he is the reason they compete every year isn't true. Weaver turned the program around, Harper has taken it to the next level.

scrapman

Harper is 26-21...Weaver was 22-24.   That is an improvement, not sure about 10x better or a different level. That is like 7% increase in  winning percentage. Just saying.

Marblehog

April 25, 2017, 08:38:17 am #7 Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:31:49 am by Marblehog
I feel like with the talent Mena has Harper has done a pretty good job.   I think Mena is gonna have a break out season next year.  Take a look at the schedule.  Every team they play will be down quite a bit but Mena will be improved. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Marblehog on April 25, 2017, 08:38:17 am
I feel like with the talent Mena has Harper has done a pretty good job.  He does whine a little bit too much about not having athletes though.  I think Mena is gonna have a break out season next year.  Take a look at the schedule.  Every team they play will be down quite a bit but Mena will be improved.

I don't think Arkadelphia will be down, they were young last year at several positions. Nashville may be down somewhat though, but still good.

Marblehog

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 25, 2017, 09:04:39 am
I don't think Arkadelphia will be down, they were young last year at several positions. Nashville may be down somewhat though, but still good.
Yea they will be improved. 

beach bum

Quote from: scrapman on April 21, 2017, 11:39:44 am
Harper is 26-21...Weaver was 22-24.   That is an improvement, not sure about 10x better or a different level. That is like 7% increase in  winning percentage. Just saying.

Take that for data.... Those who saw the Memphis Grizzlies coach post game comments a week ago will get this.

polksalet

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 25, 2017, 09:04:39 am

Nashville is down bigly. 50/50 if we make playoffs.

beach bum

Quote from: polksalet on April 28, 2017, 01:10:29 pm

Huh??? 9-1 is a down year in Nashville haha. I think you mean 9-1.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: polksalet on April 28, 2017, 01:10:29 pm

You may be right. You guys got smoked at home in the 2nd round last year. Surely you can get that 5th seed though.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 30, 2017, 08:40:31 pm
You may be right. You guys got smoked at home in the 2nd round last year. Surely you can get that 5th seed though.
By a slow 1-4a school

FootBallar21

I heard Nick Saban was going to bring him onto his staff to try to get in on the 5 Star recruits Mena has next season. 

Marblehog

They have some young players that look like they are 27 year old men.  Muscles, beards, fading hairlines, the works. 

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: Marblehog on June 06, 2017, 11:12:33 am
They have some young players that look like they are 27 year old men.  Muscles, beards, fading hairlines, the works. 

roids! just kidding.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas