• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two Rivers Basketball Open

Started by FisherOfMen11, April 17, 2017, 03:41:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FisherOfMen11

Saw on school spring this just came open. Anyone know what they have, what they lost, and why/where Dustin Williams is going?

fbisgreat

I don't no anything about Two Rivers but Dustin Williams is the new girls coach at Paris.

basketballcoach15

b-ball fan

Longfellow

I know Briley talked to the guys on the team about applying. And that brings up a question. Is he the best guy for the job? A lot of the players have known him their whole lives, which makes me wonder how they'll respond to him in an authoritative role. I like Briley and think he has a lot of potential as a coach, but I don't know if this is the right job for him

old.dole

Won't know if you don't give him a chance.

b-ball fan

Are there any other names floating around? they have a great gym.

basketballcoach15

I have heard that interviews will begin this week at some point. What is word on this job? Is the current assistant the favorite?

WarriorFan

I have talked to a few coaches there. must be a tough place to work according to the coaches. Good luck getting the boys to participate. 

Longfellow

Quote from: WarriorFan on April 26, 2017, 01:44:18 pm
I have talked to a few coaches there. must be a tough place to work according to the coaches. Good luck getting the boys to participate.
I don't know which ones you talk to, but that's not correct. There has never been a problem with participation in basketball. There was nobody that could make a significant contribution to last year's team that wasn't already on the floor

basketballcoach15

AirItOut21

basketballcoach15

I've heard the Caddo Hills coach.

AirItOut21

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on April 27, 2017, 01:25:55 pm
I've heard the Caddo Hills coach.

His name has been linked to every job opening this offseason it seems like.

basketballcoach15

I've only heard he applied at Spring Hill, Smackover, and Two Rivers. On here those are the most talked about besides Gosnell.

PapaHog

I wouldn't want my name being out on all these jobs like that lol

old.dole

basketballcoach15

Depends on who you ask. Appears to be a guy who just wants to find a good place.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on April 27, 2017, 02:26:41 pm
Depends on who you ask. Appears to be a guy who just wants to find a good place.

But if he doesn't land any of those jobs....And his administration doesn't appreciate his efforts to leave....

AirItOut21

Quote from: HorseFeathers on April 27, 2017, 02:29:36 pm
But if he doesn't land any of those jobs....And his administration doesn't appreciate his efforts to leave....

They are well aware and support him in his search.

AirItOut21

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on April 27, 2017, 01:50:35 pm
I've only heard he applied at Spring Hill, Smackover, and Two Rivers. On here those are the most talked about besides Gosnell.

I have heard a couple of more that have not been posted on here.

basketballcoach15

Good point there. Who knows really. If the school ran a coach off the year prior then you would think maybe they don't care. You always have to be careful in those situations. Hope he finds a good place if he wants out that bad.

AirItOut21

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on April 27, 2017, 02:47:04 pm
Good point there. Who knows really. If the school ran a coach off the year prior then you would think maybe they don't care. You always have to be careful in those situations. Hope he finds a good place if he wants out that bad.

Yep they ran off a good guy and solid coach the year before. Their two best players in junior high and a solid high school player moved to Kirby. Now the word is they are encouraging the current coach to look elsewhere. There are a bunch of questions surrounding this situation.

basketballcoach15

I've heard they are trying to force him out like they did Whitaker. Looks bad on the school if he leaves. Will be looking for third coach in three years.

old.dole

Why are they forcing people out?

old.dole

Well anyone heard anything yet

AirItOut21

I heard they started interviewing today.

basketballcoach15

Heard that they interviewed everyone yesterday. Does anyone know who they are leaning towards?

b-ball fan

b-ball fan

Any word on this job? Any names being thrown around there?

basketballcoach15

I've heard they have a final two. Have not heard who though.

AirItOut21

AirItOut21

Ben McBryde has been named head coach at Two Rivers. He was the head coach at Caddo Hills last season.

Longfellow

Haven't had a chance to meet Coach McBryde, but some players and parents have told me he's been really good and they like playing for him

basketballcoach15

Great for the school, parents, and players. Happy to see him land in a good spot. Sounds like a much better place than Caddo Hills. Hope he has success there!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas